Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Sports-loving Lagosians: Who Will You Vote For? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sports-loving Lagosians: Who Will You Vote For? (2689 Views)

President Jonathan Receives Peace-loving Global Citizen Award (photos) / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Sports-loving Lagosians: Who Will You Vote For? by Mustay(m): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2007
Ha ha ha! Something dey do u. Who no fit play football,? Agbaje? Na striker o!
His deputy used to play tennis when i was living in his area
Re: Sports-loving Lagosians: Who Will You Vote For? by kitaun(m): 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2007
God, give us men! cool

GOD, give us men! A time like this demands
Strong minds, great hearts, true faith and ready hands;
Men whom the lust of office does not kill;
Men whom the spoils of office can not buy;
Men who possess opinions and a will;
Men who have honor; men who will not lie;
Men who can stand before a demagogue
And damn his treacherous flatteries without winking!
Tall men, sun-crowned, who live above the fog
In public duty, and in private thinking;
For while the rabble, with their thumb-worn creeds,
Their large professions and their little deeds,
Mingle in selfish strife, lo! Freedom weeps,
Wrong rules the land and waiting Justice sleeps.

By Josiah Gilbert Holland

When few months this thread was lauched, I never imagined we could have a thread this volatile, enormous

There and then when Spora created the thread Streetcyph my good pal working with THIS DAY newspaper was the first person that responded, followed by my humble self, where he argued Pedro will clinch and I rightly postulated all things being equal Fashola would clinch it. . .then the major argument was Fashola is a stooge, now we all know better, over 800, 000 progressives can never be wrong, can they?

The support that went Fashola’s way has been too tremendous that even a few of us here that were canvassing for other candidates e.g 9ja4eva, Mustay etc have rightly congratulated him, that I feel is a sign of true sportsmanship, considering the fact that what we all witnessed was a credible election, violence-free as against the initial fears being expressed by the electorate, especially as it was feared that the Koro boys would unleash violence on the state

The major factor that led to violence-free elections in Eko-ile was the fact that AC had conducted proper orientation lectures for their supporters so as to make them ignore any attempt at getting them provoked by Koro boys, for example in some LGs their leaders criss-crossed unhindered polling booths with a convoy of mean-looking touts at times numbering between 10-20, in some cases more though and as usual they were chanting their usual slogans- KO SI KORO KO SI IBO which ordinarily was against electoral laws, the mission was to scare of potential voters off the booths, funny enough the resolve of Lagosians was to ensure that Koro and his ilk portending impending anarchy would not be voted in tongue cool

I also praise the efforts of the polling agents at ensuring that there were reduced wranglings as against previous elections, the agents used this time around were actually younger and more literate since the polls are fast assuming an IT-based style, hence they actually did not see the need for a do or die electioneering cheesy

I actually find as appalling the press conference that Pedro and co called, it makes one puke considering the fact that immediately after they had voted and the polling ended they all claimed to have been satisfied with the process in its entirety probably save for Agbaje who complained that his picture was not on the ballot papers, Pedro complained of a candidate in Alimosho that was representing the party for the House Of Reps that didn’t have his picture on the papers undecided

Even at that, how many wars do these gentlemen and ladies want to fight in a lifetime? shocked shocked

Whats with their defeatist attitude? angry

Why can't they just take a lesson from politicians in the civilized nations, that would have sent congratulatory messages to a winning candidate when its obviously clear that person was bound to win the race, not to talk of when that person has been declared winner, and people have shown support for the winning candidate with the way they jubilated on the streets of Lagos? tongue

Don’t this people know that the respect that people have for them is rapidly vanishing into thin air because of this their attitude of not accepting defeat? shocked cheesy

How many Governors can Lagos have at a time? undecided cheesy

If they could form a coalition few hours after elections, why couldn’t they have seen the writing on the wall to bring up a formidable opposition to contend with Fashola? tongue grin

So Koro could identify with people like Pedro, Aro-lambo and Gbajabiamila? Whatever happened to KOSI KORO KO SI IBO, TRANSLATED NO KORO NO ELECTIONS!!! EWWWW!!! THIS GAME CALLED POLITICS SHA . . . SOME PEOPLE ARE SO SHAMELESS!!! shocked grin

Was it the same KORO I saw that emaciated that much at that conference? shocked shocked it seemed as if he and Adiukwu-Bakare were in keen competition for the most-emaciated guber candidate!!! ewww shocked grin

Agbaje was at that meeting earlier on, but funny enough he left before it was convened, I wait to hear he is not actually party to that kind of coalition again, because I believe he is a principled man . . . once bitten twice shy!! cool

Some of these people really need to ask themselves what they stand to gain from this aimless course, what exactly does Adiukwu-Bakare want? How many more wars would she fight in order to achieve her inordinate ambition of ruling Lagos? angry

Definitely the co-winner from this is surely Afikuyomi that properly timed his ‘prodigality’ back into our camp, and he truly proved he is a progressive wink cheesy

Back to Agbaje’s picture issue . . whilst am not trying to justify INEC for exclusion of his picture I would have expected Agbaje to come out to say whether or not truly his party submitted his picture late since INEC complained that some parties submitted their candidates’ pix late undecided

Moreso I would expect that we all follow the trend of events across the country so as not to be unnecessarily subjective in our arguments, because these things didn’t only happen here in Lagos so we shouldn’t turn it into a vendetta affair. Prof Iwu had already said people should vote by logo and not by picture, and to be fair to ourselves we all have been voting by the symbol of our parties ever since the days of Awolowo, AG, UPN down to SDP, etc cool

One other thing to note is that 114,000 votes if multiplied by 7 would not have upset Fashola and is Mr Agbaje claiming because his picture was not there his voters voted for someone else or they declined to vote? undecided

Are we forgetting that a large no of the professional and cultural elites are his supporters? Are we saying these elites would only vote by pictures placed alongside the logo of the party? shocked

AS A PERSON I VOTED BY THE LOGO OF MY PARTY WHICH IS THE BROOM . . . THAT WHICH THEY COULD NOT BURN OFF BUT RATHER HAS BEEN USED TO SWEEP THEM OFF INTO OBLIVION grin cool

THERE WAS NO WAY ON EARTH AGBAJE WOULD HAVE WON EVEN A LOCAL GOVT EVEN IF ALL PICTURES ON THE BALLOT PAPERS WERE REPLACED WITH HIS . . .SO HE SHOULD STOP CRYING OVER SPLIT MILK cool

KORO KORO KORO, HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL YOU? . tongue grin . .is it not sad that you hoodwinked into supporting your candidacy people that should know better like LLcoolg05, madejibo (ballot box stealer), damsol, and not forgetting my friend FEMILANGY *whom was even defeated right in front of his house like their Oga Koro. . . .kpele jare my paddy shey u used those anti-stress pills I prescribed to you?* Take am easy there is always another time, at least Baba Iyabo might compensate Koro his in-law with an appointment if perchance Yaradua gets there, well I am not sure we would also like to see a Minister that would be barking Shiaman and Foters to the faces of very learned state house reporters, so maybe a less-reckoned with board appointment might do hehehehe grin grin

Like Mrs Kemi Nelson, an authority in Lagos politics said, AC won in a classy style using a sledgehammer on an ant, Koro sorry o, no be me talk am o, na madam talk am o!!! but wasn’t it obvious? grin

828,00 TO 320,000? EWWWWW!!! WITH ALL THE FEDERAL MIGHT? shocked tongue grin

I TOLD YOU ALL THAT FASHOLA WOULD WIN CONVINCINLY AND WOULD CLEAR ALMOST ALL LGAS, but you all felt I was running my mouth or spewing bunkum, don’t we all know better now?

People like Streetcyph were actually predicting a run-off, run-off ko sit- tight ni nonsense!!! So how would Pedro get involved in a run-off with 29,000 votes to 828,000 votes that is Fashola’s? another ABRACADABRA? SO WHERE WENT ALL THE SILLY CAN and PFN ENDORSEMENTS YOU WERE BUSY MARKETING FOR US TO BELIEVE HOOK, LINE AND SINKER? shocked grin grin

But seriously I respect all you guys for your very mature contributions, incisive and analytical in nature even though I felt some form of information manipulation were constantly being peddled which I felt someone like me tried to correct cool

For all those that sent me messages via Yahoo messenger and some mails commending me for my write-ups, and most recently some congratulating me, notably from different camps, let me quickly say, I am not a journalist neither am on the payroll of either the State Govt, or the AC as a party but am a very loyal member of AC, one that believes so much in the Fashola Project with every ounce of his blood
I SAY A BIG THANK YOU ALL. . . MORESO I PRAY EKO O NI BAJE AND WE WILL ALL WITNESS A BRIGHTER REWARDING FUTURE UNDER THIS DISPENSATION OF FASHOLA’S
cool cool

I say a big thank you to Dayokanu who has held the fort several times when I was no where near the thread, how would I forget Debosky, Razorr, Fynewaka (my best buddy on NLand) Crazykid, Lordimpaq, lakesideforlove, Kliverpool for their unwavering support for our newly elected governor.

I also extend my hand of fellowship to my very good pallies of the other camps- Streetcyph, Juvenile, Femilangy, LLCOOLG05, Madejibo, Damsol, Juvenile, Mustay, Hoao62(how can I ever forget to mention you)and others too numeroous to mention

To some other neutrals like Bolaoni, Loyika, Christino, who funny enough are part of the main sports afficionadoes here on Nland, what can I say but assure you we have a sports-loving Governor that would make Lagos regain its lost glory cool

GOD BLESS US ALL cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Watch Out, Northerners May Kill Goodluck Jonathan If Yaradua Dies. / Police Disrupts Plans To Bomb Buhar's Rally In Katsina / Ecobank International Acquires Oceanic Bank Finally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.