Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Fluid Specs Q & A Thread - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread (35516 Views)

Lagos State Government Has Taken Delivery Of New BRT Buses With Awesome Specs / Let's Talk About Brake Fluid! / 4 Misconceptions About Your Car Brakes, Pads And Fluid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by CityNGR: 1:39am On Jan 31, 2019
radautoworks:

If they figure out a way told it, it will be a temporary disadvantage.
Kindly do something. Even if it is an online inventory without prices!
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 2:32am On Jan 31, 2019
CityNGR:

Kindly do something. Even if it is an online inventory without prices!

That already exists in advance Auto parts site
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by CityNGR: 2:59am On Jan 31, 2019
radautoworks:

That already exists in advance Auto parts site
Do you have everything on that site in stock?

Like this https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mahle-original-valve-cover-gasket-left-hand-vs50432sl/10307108-P?navigationPath=L1*14924%7CL2*15038%7CL3*16137%7CL4*-49999716
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by hello66: 8:58am On Jan 31, 2019
radautoworks pleas whats the best oil for honda accord 06 4plugs

been using the honda oil for sometime now ,but noticed t always drys up
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
CityNGR:

Do you have everything on that site in stock?

Like this https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mahle-original-valve-cover-gasket-left-hand-vs50432sl/10307108-P?navigationPath=L1*14924%7CL2*15038%7CL3*16137%7CL4*-49999716

This part just sold out last week. We can bring in if you order 6-10 days N9,523

In stock or available in 6-10 days
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2019
hello66:
radautoworks pleas whats the best oil for honda accord 06 4plugs

been using the honda oil for sometime now ,but noticed t always drys up

5W20
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by CityNGR: 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
radautoworks:

This part just sold out last week. We can bring in if you order 6-10 days N9,523

In stock or available in 6-10 days
Is the quoted price for both sides or a single side?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by amywonda: 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2019
Do U guys have pressure testers for cooling systems?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:00am On Feb 02, 2019
CityNGR:

Is the quoted price for both sides or a single side?

It's for the exact link you sent. Left. If you want the set, what VIN is this for and I can look it up.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by CityNGR: 9:03am On Feb 02, 2019
radautoworks:

It's for the exact link you sent. Left. If you want the set, what VIN is this for and I can look it up.
Thanks. Problem was with a crack in the valve cover.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2019
amywonda:
Do U guys have pressure testers for cooling systems?

These are all the ones available for order

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by amywonda: 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
radautoworks:

i meant if I go to your shop to have my cooling system pressure tested would that be done? I have a leak I can’t seem to find, and I would like to pressure test the system.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by amywonda: 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
radautoworks:

i meant if I go to your shop to have my cooling system pressure tested would that be done? I have a leak I can’t seem to find, and I would like to pressure test the system
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
amywonda:
i meant if I go to your shop to have my cooling system pressure tested would that be done? I have a leak I can’t seem to find, and I would like to pressure test the system.

Oh! Yes of course
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by timbros(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2019
radautoworks:

Oh! Yes of course

Recommended engine oil and ATF for Acura MDX 2005 and price please.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2019
timbros:

Recommended engine oil and ATF for Acura MDX 2005 and price please.

For engine oil, out of retail but have in stock in drums to do oil changes
Oil
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ610-5QT N9,736

ATF
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ470 N4,639
Or
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ426 N5,015

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by ciouxox(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=75273630]thanks
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 5:26am On Feb 05, 2019
[quote author=ciouxox post=75384143][/quote]

No problem
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by mystiquerebirth(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
Please, which engine oil is recommended for Honda City 2009?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by freezy4me: 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
Recommended engine oil and ATF for 08 Infiniti G35 please.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
freezy4me:

5W30 is recommended.
5W40 is fine, 0W40 is fine too.
Conventional over synthetic, I believe.

Atf is Nissan Matic J.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
freezy4me:

Thanks heavenlybang

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 1:40am On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

5W30 is recommended.

Atf is Nissan Matic J.

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 1:58am On Feb 21, 2019
freezy4me:

My brother, my brother? How many times did I call you? You are driving ones of the best luxury cars that you get value for money .. The car sells for about 3m Naira tokunbo and the cost of the engine can easily buy you a ticket to dubai.. And you don't know the oil type? All you have to do is look at the oil cap of the car or read the Manuel book or check online...
Please and please don't ever use 5w40 or 0w40 engine oil on that car ..please follow the owner Manuel at all times.. Whoever is telling you to use 0w40 or especially telling you go for 5w40 either does not have your best interest or has no clue what the hell he is talking about, or both.... And for that type car or engine stay the F away from conventional oil and use the recommended oil and good oil filter.. Also go for the import Mobil 1 oil .. We have lots genuine seller on the forum selling oil including myself...
At the bottom below pictures.. Is a lexus 2006 Is250 which is in my opinion is on the same level as the G35.. Am hoping to close a deal on the car soon. Now my point to you is would I even use 5w40 oil ? And I highly doubt that 0w40 is even allow and plus 0w40 oil are meant for suv My brother I will stick to what the manufacture tells me to do ..the cost of both engine is not chicken change.. And I don't care how good a mechanic is ..once they start playing with the engine, that engine will never ever be the same ..no matter how good the mechanic is.. That is my word of advice bro ..you have a beautiful car and take good care of it

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 2:17am On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

5W30 is recommended.

Atf is Nissan Matic J.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by seunoj: 6:09am On Feb 21, 2019
Cost of ATF for Camry 08
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:03am On Feb 21, 2019
dru23:

My brother, my brother? How many times did I call you? You are driving ones of the best luxury cars that you get value for money .. The car sells for about 3m Naira tokunbo and the cost of the engine can easily buy you a ticket to dubai.. And you don't know the oil type? All you have to do is look at the oil cap of the car or read the Manuel book or check online...
Please and please don't ever use 5w40 or 0w40 engine oil on that car ..please follow the owner Manuel at all times.. Whoever is telling you to use 0w40 or especially telling you go for 5w40 either does not have your best interest or has no clue what the hell he is talking about, or both.... And for that type car or engine stay the F away from conventional oil and use the recommended oil and good oil filter.. Also go for the import Mobil 1 oil .. We have lots genuine seller on the forum selling oil including myself...
At the bottom below pictures.. Is a lexus 2006 Is250 which is in my opinion is on the same level as the G35.. Am hoping to close a deal on the car soon. Now my point to you is would I even use 5w40 oil ? And I highly doubt that 0w40 is even allow and plus 0w40 oil are meant for suv My brother I will stick to what the manufacture tells me to do ..the cost of both engine is not chicken change.. And I don't care how good a mechanic is ..once they start playing with the engine, that engine will never ever be the same ..no matter how good the mechanic is.. That is my word of advice bro ..you have a beautiful car and take good care of it

Shut your yap. The IS250 and G35 aren't in the same league at all. The G competes with the IS350, and is actually better in a number of aspects.

Second, 5W30 is recommended but G35 owners on forums have confirmed that 40 oils actually work better on the cars. 5W or 0W is irrelevant here. Most dealerships in the US actually recommend conventional over synthetic for the VQ35HR.

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by freezy4me: 10:29am On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

5W30 is recommended.

Atf is Nissan Matic J.

Thanks for your response sir. I read online that Nissan don't make matic J anymore and has replaced it with matic S. How true?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 11:53am On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Shut your yap. The IS250 and G35 aren't in the same league at all. The G competes with the IS350, and is actually better in a number of aspects.

Second, 5W30 is recommended but G35 owners on forums have confirmed that 40 oils actually work better on the cars. 5W or 0W is irrelevant here. Most dealerships in the US actually recommend conventional over synthetic for the VQ35HR.
Blind leading the blind.. So I guess the owners know better than the manufacture... buddy I know you guys in Nigerian feel the need not to follow instructions at all.. For an example if I bought a brand new 2019 is250 from the dealership with a warranty .. And the manufacture spefications of that car says only use 5w30 oil or 5w20 .. And coz I know better than they manufacture I than use 5w40 oil ,coz I read somewhere that the oil runs better on a particular engine ..the car now develops faults.. Do u think the warranty will cover me.. My point is always follow the manual that came with the car ..not some poo you read online or your buddy tells u too.. Always follow the manufacture advice at all times. That is my point.. And also there was no point or part that I read that 5w40 or 0w40 is allow for g35.. ..
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2019
freezy4me:

Thanks for your response sir. I read online that Nissan don't make matic J anymore and has replaced it with matic S. How true?
True. Nissan Matic S is fine too.

Is your G in yet?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Owners manual for g35 08 .. It only mentioned 5w30..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov Drives Around 'Gateway To Hell' / The All New Range Rover Velar – First Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.