Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Fluid Specs Q & A Thread - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread (35394 Views)

Lagos State Government Has Taken Delivery Of New BRT Buses With Awesome Specs / Let's Talk About Brake Fluid! / 4 Misconceptions About Your Car Brakes, Pads And Fluid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
freezy4me:

Thanks for your response sir. I read online that Nissan don't make matic J anymore and has replaced it with matic S. How true?

This manual is specifically for 08 g35.. Now there is no were it mention any other oil type.. Before you car arrives go and download owners manual on 08 G35. If your read it carefully it tells you not to even use oil additives .. Read it well and always follow the manufactures advice

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2019
dru23:

Owners manual for g35 08 .. It only mentioned 5w30..

You either lack reading comprehension or are mentally retarded. I thought you'd changed.

Sadly not.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You either lack reading comprehension or are mentally retarded. I thought you'd changed.

Sadly not.

Since that statement is coming from a Nigerian mechanic, I am highly not offended at all ... I didn't expect anything different, unfortunately that is how most of you guys and country maintain your infrastructure...
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by freezy4me: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

True. Nissan Matic S is fine too.

Is your G in yet?

G should be in by month end.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by freezy4me: 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
dru23:

This manual is specifically for 08 g35.. Now there is no were it mention any other oil type.. Before you car arrives go and download owners manual on 08 G35. If your read it carefully it tells you not to even use oil additives .. Read it well and always follow the manufactures advice

I understand you perfectly and I really appreciate your contributions. My main reason for asking the oil question was because I read online that Nissan don't produce the matic J atf recommended on the manual anymore, so I wanted to know the best alternative available. Once again thanks for your contribution and advice.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2019
dru23:

Since that statement is coming from a Nigerian mechanic, I am highly not offended at all ... I didn't expect anything different, unfortunately that is how most of you guys and country maintain your infrastructure...

I'm not a mechanic, you nonce. angry

freezy4me:

Ok, bro. Keep us updated.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
freezy4me:

I understand you perfectly and I really appreciate your contributions. My main reason for asking the oil question was because I read online that Nissan don't produce the matic J atf recommended on the manual anymore, so I wanted to know the best alternative available. Once again thanks for your contribution and advice.

Best or one of the best alternative is Mobil 1 .. Extended performance 5w30 will do very well.. This is what I also use for my 05 Nissan altima 05 Ser .. Use a good filter too

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dicksonadams(m): 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please help me too. Here is my vin 2HGFA16518H325538
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
dru23:

Best or one of the best alternative is Mobil 1 .. Extended performance 5w30 will do very well.. This is what I also use for my 05 Nissan altima 05 Ser .. Use a good filter too

Matic J is ATF. grin
Confused human.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by thebigkendo(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Matic J is ATF. grin
Confused human.

grin grin grin you just got a dose of Dru baba
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by asamwababy: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Matic J is ATF. grin
Confused human.

Why are you like this.

The man is selling Mobil1 multipurpose oyel.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin you just got a dose of Dru baba

I just tire for the guy matter. cheesy

asamwababy:

Why are you like this.

The man is selling Mobil1 multipurpose oyel.
You can use Dru's oil as brake fluid, coolant, washer, etc. grin
Fit even use am fry dodo. grin grin
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2019
dicksonadams:
Please help me too. Here is my vin 2HGFA16518H325538

First choice 5w20, second 10w30. ATF idemitsu H plus (superceded Z-1)

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
freezy4me:

This is the correct oil filter for your car.. This brand is pretty good. I have no issues with it at .. And I also use them on my uber cars .. Good for 15k miles oil change. The most have done is 11k miles, pushing to do 12k with oil and filters.. I don't have yours in stock.. I only get them on orders

The K & N filters below is for a Gs350 for a client.. Just showing examples of filters

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 11:37pm On Feb 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Matic J is ATF. grin
Confused human.

My main argument is you saying that 5w40, 0w40 is ok for 08 infinite G35.. And reading the owner manual didn't list it in the book .. Am encouraging people to follow what the Manuel tells them to do. In the USA for example, failing to follow the owners manual will void your warranty, especially on a brand new car .. Take it as you like it bro..
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:11am On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

My main argument is you saying that 5w40, 0w40 is ok for 08 infinite G35.. And reading the owner manual didn't list it in the book .. Am encouraging people to follow what the Manuel tells them to do. In the USA for example, failing to follow the owners manual will void your warranty, especially on a brand new car .. Take it as you like it bro..

I clarified that 5W30 is what is recommended by Infiniti. Mineral 5W30, in fact. The VQ engines have a penchant for burning oil, though, so most enthusiasts have discovered that 0W40 and 10W40 oils work even better on the cars.

It's a fact, deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by weyreypey: 7:16am On Feb 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I clarified that 5W30 is what is recommended by Infiniti. Mineral 5W30, in fact. The VQ engines have a penchant for burning oil, though, so most enthusiasts have discovered that 0W40 and 10W40 oils work even better on the cars.

Buy a Mercedes Benz and forget all these problems.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:25am On Feb 22, 2019
weyreypey:

Lol, like Mercedes engines don't have their own circus of defects.
M112 has oil seal issues, I believe.
M271 has plenty issues.
M272 and M273 have balance shaft and idler sprocket issues.
M156 has head bolt defects.

What's your point?

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:27am On Feb 22, 2019
Radautoworks

Do you have this hose?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-by-dayco-curved-radiator-hose-e70607/10063272-P

I noticed a similar hose from my radiator looking warped and melted.

I'm afraid it could burst at anytime
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by weyreypey: 7:33am On Feb 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, like Mercedes engines don't have their own circus of defects.
M112 has oil seal issues, I believe.
M271 has plenty issues.
M272 and M273 have balance shaft and idler sprocket issues.
M156 has head bolt defects.

What's your point?
M112 oil seal issues? Check again!
M113
M111
And a host of others even M272 and 273 are wonderful engines
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:42am On Feb 22, 2019
radautoworks:
Don't know the fluid specs for your car? Give the. VIN number and receive full specs for your car like below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EibrCvLdWGM

YV1CM59H941118565

Please help with proper oils and filter for this vehicle.

Preferably one easily purchased in Nigeria
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2019
weyreypey:

M112 oil seal issues? Check again!
M113
M111
And a host of others even M272 and 273 are wonderful engines

Sorry, the M112 is a valve cover gasket leak issue.
M113 is based on the M112. Same damn thing.
M111 is an ancient i4.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Agree that u mentioned 5w30. And also agree that you mentioned 0w40 and 5w40 .. But my point is that there is no were in the owners manual that mention 5w40, 10w40 ,can be used.. In Nigeria everybody is mechanic and a car enthusiastic . If I decide to buy a brand new G35 2019 today and the only recommended oil is 5w30 specifically written in the manual .. Trust me F the car enthusiastic of the world, and am sticking to the manufacture advice.. So that my warranty will cover anything that happens, the wrong use of oil will for certain void the warranty.. I know the word " warranty" is a strange word in the Nigerian business environment.. Trust me playboy if am spending or financing a $45k car ,best believe that I will follow the manufacture advice.. If that particular engine burns oil ,it is the dealership duty to fix the problem it get me another car ..
And mind u ,for example if Nissan sells over 100k G35 cars ,chances are some of those cars might have issue ,let's say maybe 10k of them might have issues with shorten of oil or minor issues .. It does not necessarily mean all of the 100k G35 built will have shorten of oil .. And there is thing called recall, if your car happens to fall into that list ,you can take it to the dealership and have it fix free of charge
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

Agree that u mentioned 5w30. And also agree that you mentioned 0w40 and 5w40 .. But my point is that there is no were in the owners manual that mention 5w40, 10w40 ,can be used.. In Nigeria everybody is mechanic and a car enthusiastic . If I decide to buy a brand new G35 2019 today and the only recommended oil is 5w30 specifically written in the manual .. Trust me F the car enthusiastic of the world, and am sticking to the manufacture advice.. So that my warranty will cover anything that happens, the wrong use of oil will for certain void the warranty.. I know the word " warranty" is a strange word in the Nigerian business environment.. Trust me playboy if am spending or financing a $45k car ,best believe that I will follow the manufacture advice.. If that particular engine burns oil ,it is the dealership duty to fix the problem it get me another car ..
And mind u ,for example if Nissan sells over 100k G35 cars ,chances are some of those cars might have issue ,let's say maybe 10k of them might have issues with shorten of oil or minor issues .. It does not necessarily mean all of the 100k G35 built will have shorten of oil .. And there is thing called recall, if your car happens to fall into that list ,you can take it to the dealership and have it fix free of charge

VQ engines are known to burn oil. The HR much less so, but it's still present.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 8:12am On Feb 22, 2019
weyreypey:

Playboy Benz do have their own issues too .. Especially the ones built in USA or assembly in the USA .. But the ones specially built in Germany have less issues.. So it is a two way sword.. And also not all 100k car built will come out perfect ,mainly due to most of the car been assemble in different countries or parts built in diffrent countries before reaching it's final destination. U are going to run into some defects one way or another
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 8:18am On Feb 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

VQ engines are known to burn oil. The HR much less so, but it's still present.

Than they should be a recall on those cars .. That is very bad ,for the fact the car is 08 .. They should have fix that issues before it continues to the following year.. That is very bad of them .. But in all honesty, I have never heard of those G35 having issues like that.. The second hand value of the G35 news shape from 06 ,still hold their value especially with low miles.. I have been eyeing the G35 for years, it is too expensive to get a fairly use one with low miles..
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by weyreypey: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Sorry, the M112 is a valve cover gasket leak issue.
M113 is based on the M112. Same damn thing.
M111 is an ancient i4.
Confusing m104 with M112?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

Than they should be a recall on those cars .. That is very bad ,for the fact the car is 08 .. They should have fix that issues before it continues to the following year.. That is very bad of them .. But in all honesty, I have never heard of those G35 having issues like that.. The second hand value of the G35 news shape from 06 ,still hold their value especially with low miles.. I have been eyeing the G35 for years, it is too expensive to get a fairly use one with low miles..
You quite obviously don't know anything about the G cars. Just waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2019
weyreypey:

Confusing m104 with M112?
No.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:11am On Feb 22, 2019
4llerbuntu:

YV1CM59H941118565

Please help with proper oils and filter for this vehicle.

Preferably one easily purchased in Nigeria

Here you go. Fluid specs for 04 Volvo xc90

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ933-5QT N17,459 (you need 6 quarts so either two of these or one of these and one quart below)

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ933 N3,851

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=RFI&partNumber=R84021MP N3,834

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CFI&partNumber=87823 N9,581

Upgrades available on everything but not necessary

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:16am On Feb 22, 2019
4llerbuntu:
Radautoworks

Do you have this hose?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-by-dayco-curved-radiator-hose-e70607/10063272-P

I noticed a similar hose from my radiator looking warped and melted.

I'm afraid it could burst at anytime

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DAY&partNumber=E70607 6-10 day delivery N8,661
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 9:53am On Feb 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You quite obviously don't know anything about the G cars. Just waka pass.

Lol .... Funny guy that you are ..just because a few of them had issues with oil burn now means that all of them issues.. We live in two different world bro .. Before I take advice from you or anybody else from forum.. I will rather cut my wrist .. I dey Yankee bro a Nissan dealership is about 20 minutes away from me .. I will rather talk to them about the G35 issues than a person from a third world country... the issues u have with them are self conflicted. Nissan can't risk having issues with $40k car.. It is minor issues that dealership would have resolved.. Make I waka pass as you said .. Me I dey Yankee, if I need any more information, I will drive rite to the dealership to make enquiries, which of course u can't do .. $40k car will be having oil burn and Nissan will let the poo ride like.. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Mechanic Crushed To Death By Truck In Onitsha While Working On A Car -. Photos / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / Photo Of Okada Rider Carrying 9 Passengers On One Bike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.