Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez (49201 Views)

Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence / Ronaldo: I Want To Break Ali Daei’s Goalscoring Record / Messi Has No Goal In El Clasico Since Ronaldo Left Real Madrid In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by gistyinka(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo left the Bernabeu to go to Juventus after the World Cup after he fell out of love with Real Madrid

However he has confirmed that this was not for sporting reasons, but due to a break down in relations with the club’s president – Florentino Perez.

Perez is renowned as a shrewd, ruthless operator and according to an interview with ‘France Football’, his treatment of Ronaldo as a commodity rather than a person angered the former Manchester United man.

“I felt it inside the club, especially from the president, that they no longer considered me the same way that they did in the start,” he commented.

“In the first four or five years there, I had the feeling of being ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’. Less afterwards. The president looked at me through eyes that didn’t want to say the same thing, as if I was no longer indispensable to them, if you know what I mean.

“That’s what made me think about leaving. Sometimes I’d look at the news, where they were saying I was asking to leave. There was a bit of that, but the truth is that I always had the impression that the president would not hold me back.

”If it had all been about money, I’d have moved to China, where I would have earned five times as much than here [at Juventus] or at Real. I did not come to Juve for the money. I earned the same in Madrid, if not more. The difference is that, at Juve, they really wanted me. They told me that and made it clear. They showed me that.”

He continued to criticise the Real chief, saying: “He only ever looked at me as a business relationship. I know it. What he told me never came from the heart.”

It had been suggested that Ronaldo left due to Zinedine Zidane’s departure as manager but he denied this, saying: “My decision to leave was not based on his departure. That being the case, it’s one of those little things that made me feel a bit better in terms of what I thought of the situation at the club.”

http://gyonlineng.com/cristiano-ronaldo-speaks-left-real-madrid-juventus-summer-transfer/

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by madridguy(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
Good Night CR7

Soldier go Soldier come, Barrack stand gidigba.

Plus you minus you, Real Madrid remain the best team of the universe.

Hala Madrid

Madrid 4 life.

Madara

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Benscolari: 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
# sharrap!
Your salary wasn't as high as Messi's and Perez didn't value you that much to give you 500k$ a week.
tongue
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by cooldipo(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
Tax cheesy cheesy wink smiley
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by blowjob: 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
VOTE PMB..GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI.

28 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
Great footballers of our time, Messi, Ronaldo & CO are really doing well in this 21st century as far as football is concern. Let look into the future as well.
Ibeju Lekki, Lagos, the "hottest investment zone" in Africa, seating on multi-billion Dollar international projects: #Dangote Refinery#Dangote Fertilizer Plant#Lekki Free Trade Zone#LA Campaign Tropicana Beach Resort#Lekki Int. Airport#Lekki Deep Sea Port#Lagos State Golf Course#Lagos Smart City#Kellogs (A multinational Manufacturing & Distribution Company)#
Owning land near prime up coming growth areas means your property has a greater chance of increasing in value at a faster rate.

Just a click away from you.
https:///send?phone=2348062342001
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by nabegibeg: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
gistyinka:
Cristiano Ronaldo left the Bernabeu to go to Juventus after the World Cup after he fell out of love with Real Madrid

However he has confirmed that this was not for sporting reasons, but due to a break down in relations with the club’s president – Florentino Perez.

Perez is renowned as a shrewd, ruthless operator and according to an interview with ‘France Football’, his treatment of Ronaldo as a commodity rather than a person angered the former Manchester United man.

“I felt it inside the club, especially from the president, that they no longer considered me the same way that they did in the start,” he commented.

“In the first four or five years there, I had the feeling of being ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’. Less afterwards. The president looked at me through eyes that didn’t want to say the same thing, as if I was no longer indispensable to them, if you know what I mean.

“That’s what made me think about leaving. Sometimes I’d look at the news, where they were saying I was asking to leave. There was a bit of that, but the truth is that I always had the impression that the president would not hold me back.

”If it had all been about money, I’d have moved to China, where I would have earned five times as much than here [at Juventus] or at Real. I did not come to Juve for the money. I earned the same in Madrid, if not more. The difference is that, at Juve, they really wanted me. They told me that and made it clear. They showed me that.”

He continued to criticise the Real chief, saying: “He only ever looked at me as a business relationship. I know it. What he told me never came from the heart.”

It had been suggested that Ronaldo left due to Zinedine Zidane’s departure as manager but he denied this, saying: “My decision to leave was not based on his departure. That being the case, it’s one of those little things that made me feel a bit better in terms of what I thought of the situation at the club.”

http://gyonlineng.com/cristiano-ronaldo-speaks-left-real-madrid-juventus-summer-transfer/
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by cooldipo(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
Italy offers no tax unlike Spain

Pls see signature!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by sojayy(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
ok
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by SpearHead: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
Couldn't believe that Barça will rape these guys 5times in 90mins.
Madrid need to wake up and forget the C syndrome.
Meanwhile my man, u need to up your game I'm juventus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Smarte724(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
K
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by joceey(m): 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2018
Hmmmm sorry mardid
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by psychologist(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
Simple put, u could no longer keep up with LM10 the greatest

tongue

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by biggestmanhood(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
bubu must go

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Raymysterio(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Pelumi75(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
angry angry angry Perez
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Jydebauer: 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
Hmm
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by deff2: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2018
Endtime news
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Princedapace(m): 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2018
This guy and attention shaa. He likes attention like women..

Check my profile and read my thread on how I make money online as a freelancer.. U maybe interested..

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Carlyscales: 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2018
madridguy:
Good Night CR7

Soldier go Soldier come, Barrack stand gidigba.

Plus you minus you, Real Madrid remain the best team of the universe.

Hala Madrid

Madrid 4 life.

Madara

Did u start supporting Madrid after y'day el-classico
grin grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Aadetola1(m): 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2018
Success isn't limited to one place. C ororo!
But still on still,hala madrid

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2018
gistyinka:

Nobody is indispensable.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Dacman(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
U don't sell the goose that lays the Golden egg

15 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
I hope you help Juve bring back the UCL cup to Turin. Its been a long time.

Forza Juve!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Rstc: 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
Madrid is nothing.
I hope they don't touch my hazard and gradually regress to the mediocrity of the year 2003-2009.

Nobody would miss them.

Classless club with over spoilt fans.

When a fan base start asking for mbappe, hazard and Neymar in a single swoop like it is their birthright, then you know something is seriously wrong with their reality.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Carlyscales: 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2018
SpearHead:
Couldn't believe that Barça will rape these guys 5times in 90mins.
Madrid need to wake up and forget the C syndrome.
Meanwhile my man, u need to up your game I'm juventus
Guy at 32yrs?
His best football yrs are behind him!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by madridguy(m): 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2018
Did you check my moniker?

Carlyscales:

Did u start supporting Madrid after y'day el-classico
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by Carlyscales: 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

Nobody is indispensable.
Yeah I believe u

But after ydays game I'm beginning to think that it's Madrid that was dispensable after all! grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by eluquenson(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2018
All his statements about the president is very true, the man is ruthless to anyone at Madrid.

Real Madrid will miss Ronaldo dearly and they are paying for it now.

Barca still the true champion of Spain.

Last weekend elclassico shows the true reflection of la Liga in the nearest future when Messi stops playing for Barca

19 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez by madridguy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
How old are you?

Rstc:
Madrid is nothing.
I hope they don't touch my hazard and gradually regress to the mediocrity of the year 2003-2009.

Nobody would miss them.

Classless club with over spoilt fans.

When a fan base start asking for mbappe, hazard and Neymar in a single swoop like it is their birthright, then you know something is seriously wrong with their reality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest Football Transfer News / Nigeria Vs Iceland: How Different Nigerians Reacted (Memes) / Cristiano Ronaldo And His Family Arrive In Saudi Arabia In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.