Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:31 AM

UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) (39172 Views)

Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ / 14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
All these small small pikin wey no fit handle small pressure. I had E in a 4 unit course which reduced my CGPA yet I graduated with 2-1. There is my secondary schoolmate that I met in faculty of Engineering in the same Unilag, I graduated before him. The guy used 8-9 years to study because of carryover in many courses he had, yet he did not kill himself.

Students should stop putting themselves to undue pressure because of first class and second class upper. Everybody can't come out with good grades in the University and going to school isn't tantamount to success.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by emperorblog(m): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
nah wa o
mean while somebody without nepa bill is d president of a country
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
Why kill yourself when you can easily drop out and start a business, school is not meant for everyone.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by armadeo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
Instead of disappointing his parents he gave them even worse pain.

Suicide is the cowards way out.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Why will Universities give admission to 16 year olds from wealthy homes.

I got admission at 28. And plus extra year, I graduated at 33 years.

Who be the Bastard way go make me commit suicide?

Who?!
Why won't universities give 16years old students admission when bank and other organizations prefer workers within the age of 25 and below.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
AmazingELixir:
shocked

Choi!...these are some of the effects of parents putting over bearing pressure on their wards expecting them to out perform their capabilities.

In most Nigerian universities lecturers go out of their ways to frustrate students, even something as paltry as dating a beautiful girl that have caught the fancy of a lecturer is enough reason to have an extra year..

To the deasesed young man if you can't handle the pressure of a failed course how can you cope with the frustration of the outside society.

Adieu young man next life come tougher and if you can refuse to be born in Nigeria.
My dear, lecturers really know how to frustrate student's life, its not easy to study in Nigerian universities especially state university, I know how I suffered in my own school, they will not only frustrate you, they will also take your money.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by superman1073: 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
Very pathetic.

To the living, check in here

PROMOTROLLEY FREE DIGITAL MARKETING TRAINING*

Dear all,

This is the future of marketing and that future is HERE!!!!

Don't be left behind.

Are you -

1. An Entrepreneur
2. Employed
3. Unemployed
4. An Undergraduate.
5.Retiree

Then this is for you.

*PromoTrolley* is offering a free capacity building training program

*DIGITAL MARKETING LEVEL 1*

This training is *FREE* and can enable you to:

1. Start your own business.

2. Get a Job in Digital Marketing.

3. Earn money with PromoTrolley.

Pls, click on the Link below to join and wait for further instructions on the group forum.

Let's begin to reshape our lives, reposition our business and change our world.

Join today or by using the link below.
https:///HkgZLUgPg7zKNYC3PXTaDn

Re: Free Digital Marketing Training For Lagos Residents by superman1073: 6:26am
LESS THAN 30 SLOTS TO COMMENCE THE TRAINING

Re: Free Digital Marketing Training For Lagos ResidentWhatsApp.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by undefeateds: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
Kalapizim:
we wey go OAU nko, suicide is not they way out ......RIP bro
henhe, yellow and white house they slap person back to back
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Shikena(m): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
RIP but I just have to spill this out...
To those in similar situation, pls stop listening to idiots with limited life experience telling you that your grade in the university is the all-in-all with regards to your future. It is a blatant lie. Yes, a good result may give you an early break with a comfortable job but that's just one of several possibilities. A poor grade may actually be a way of steering you towards your actual destiny. You may be able to raise funds to start your own business and prove yourself, some would travel abroad and start afresh with even more enduring success, and yes - some would venture into politics and stand out there while others may jut get lucky with choice of very enterprising girlfriend/wife and then it's back on track towards ending up highly successful. I can go on and on.
Your university degree is just another line on your curriculum vitae to open doors of opportunities. Those doors open via other means also. There is no law that says university degree is a prerequisite for success in life. Never ever give up - there are still several other races ahead of you to run!!!

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by BlissB(f): 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Who?!
You are very funny...was forced to check you out.......Happy birthday by the way
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Gerrard59(m): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
majamajic:
I still wonder how someone commit suicide over exam failure, while those that eventually passed are moving around without job.

I don't understand .

grin grin
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by hakeem4(m): 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
why would you kill yourself for a failed course? that is not the end of the world.. rip
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by simplesearch: 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Youth with craze for large earphones suitable for the studios, why won't their hearing condition aggravate beyond acceptable level for easy comprehension, some even get crush by trumpeting Locomotive. He came, saw, but never conquer, so pathetic!
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by OdiaI(f): 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
Are you people even considering the fact that he may have been suicidal before the whole result ish? Fine, suicide isn't the way but what if?!
What if he was being blackmailed for something? what if he had other issues? What if he was under some kind of pressure he couldn't tell anyone about? What if, what if...we do not know. Stop insulting his memory. You do not know what he had bottled up until enough became enough. It is sad though, rest on.

Let us drop the insults. People go through things o...Aiye le o, not everyone is mentally stubborn to weather the storms of life.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Kalapizim(m): 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
undefeateds:
henhe, yellow and white house they slap person back to back
ABI ooo
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Itzsammy(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Who?!

Mr man, depression is no respecter of age... So get the Bleep outta here wit ur age gospel.
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Yuceeluv(f): 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
Wow...you didn't experience nysc then...you missed shaa

TarOrfeek:

Who?!
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
Donald3d:
I would keep saying it , Nigerian educational system is just a mere formality .
Lecturers stress you out, coupled with long unnecessary and outdated syllabus .
O, not to forget the annoying stress you go through when writing or building projects .
Yes, if you read well you would pass, but it comes at an expense of your health and sanity, not everyone can handle that .
Not everyone is that strong
Education should be easy and simple, knowledge acquisition should not be a strenuous task !!
RIP bro

Parents are not left out because they force their children to go for courses they never planned to study. Schools on their own sometimes admit students into courses they never applied for
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by nuello: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
chibike69:
cry

Mcb department frustrating students since 19 bc

Ask UNN Students
guy I swear down I can testify but me and my God pass them
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by kennyjam: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Who?!

none , their f.......r
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by borie4u(m): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
It is a pity to lose such a promising boy. I taught this boy in logic high school. I cant believe he could kill himself cos of a simple thing like failing a course. I am really sure it was a pure case of depression. May his soul rest in peace!
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
very pathetic to hear

school no easy sha but I can't kill myself just because of grades or carryover in school

RIP boy
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by olopaooo(m): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
Why kill yourself over failure of a course that does not define how successful you will become in life. Our country has failed us in everyway. I wont say rest in peace cus you were a fool
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by smartzee01: 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2018
I would rather kill myself than to commit suicide
Re: UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) by bensonAkw: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
same with me too gained admission at 28 bagged two years all in the name of spilling cos I was combining work and family developed high blood pressure writing the final exams,failure would have met outright withdrawal thank God it went well.

Who?! [/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Disobeys 'Do Not Urinate Here' Order (Photo) / Lady Brutalized By Soldier Her On Her Way To Onitsha, Hospitalized (pics / "I Fed On Women Breasts And Two Glasses Of Human Blood Daily"- Ex Kenyan Cultist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.