Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:44 AM

"Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup (4475 Views)

House Of Rep Caucus Tackles Buhari Regime Over Harassment Of Channeltv Presenter / Wike Mocks Amaechi, Says ‘I Taught Him A Lesson In Politics’ / Edo Governorship Debate; Obaseki Leading In Channeltv Online Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by Ritzy10(f): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
The Governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, had a rather bizarre interview on ChannelsTV where he told the host, Maupe Ogun, that she might need more lessons in the English Language. El-Rufai was reacting to a statement credited to him about the Shiites leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky. He had said of El-Zakzaky, “I know the animal I am dealing with”, a comment which Maupe said may be considered as denigrating.

The governor, however, defended his metaphor by saying: “It’s an idiom I don’t mean that El-Zakzaky is an animal or anything. You know what I am talking about, if you don’t know then maybe you need more lessons in the English Language it is as simple as that.” But Maupe was not having it, and she insisted that El-Rufai use another word rather than “animal” to which the governor replied with a smile “I know the person I’m dealing with.”

El-Rufai had said that his problem with the El-Zakzaky’s movement, was their refusal to acknowledge constituted authority. “Shi’ites are citizens of Nigeria and they are entitled to practice their religion, there is no problem with that. Those protesting for the release of El-Zakzaky are not necessarily Shias, they are members of El-Zakzaky’s movement. “In Kaduna, there are two other Shi’ite organizations that don’t protest, they don’t block highways, they recognize the President of Nigeria and me as the governor of the state and we don’t have a problem with them.

“The one that we have problems with is the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, headed by El-Zakzaky, they don’t recognize the President of Nigeria as sovereign, they don’t recognize me as governor. Their allegiance is to another country and their objective is to turn Nigeria into an Islamic republic.

“They are against the state, never recognized the Nigerian constitution. “I know El-Zakzaky personally, we were both students at the Amadu Bello University in Zaria, we were both active in the Muslim Students Society so I know the animal I’m dealing with. Many of those making comments on this issue don’t know the history, I was in ABU when El-Zakzaky was dismissed, I know him.”
On outlawing the group, El-Rufai said; “Outlawing them is the only solution we see and anybody with a different view should tell us.” Shiites were recently in the news after they reportedly lost 50 members during a clash with soldiers in Abuja Sunday.

Watch the hilarious video below:

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/maybe-you-need-a-lesson-in-english-el-rufai-insults-channeltvs-anchor-maup/

1 Like

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
El Rufai is so evil, everything about him reeks of death and destruction

9 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by debaj10: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
blocking roads is now punishable by death?
noted. gej, u hear? u failed to carry out this duty in 2012.
Ritzy10:
“Shi’ites are citizens of Nigeria and they are entitled to practice their religion, there is no problem with that. Those protesting for the release of El-Zakzaky are not necessarily Shias, they are members of El-Zakzaky’s movement. “In Kaduna, there are two other Shi’ite organizations that don’t protest, they don’t block highways, they recognize the President of Nigeria and me as the governor of the state and we don’t have a problem with them.

unbeknownst to most of us, every citizen has a right to refuse recognition of office holders; the office is completely separate from it's occupant.

“The one that we have problems with is the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, headed by El-Zakzaky, they don’t recognize the President of Nigeria as sovereign, they don’t recognize me as governor. Their allegiance is to another country and their objective is to turn Nigeria into an Islamic republic.

prove it in court so they are properly proscribed.
and when will zakzaky's trial start?

“They are against the state, never recognized the Nigerian constitution. “I know El-Zakzaky personally, we were both students at the Amadu Bello University in Zaria, we were both active in the Muslim Students Society so I know the animal I’m dealing with. Many of those making comments on this issue don’t know the history, I was in ABU when El-Zakzaky was dismissed, I know him.”

South Africa, Ireland, India- those who fought for their rights in these nations were once tagged as terrorists. each govt ended up at the negotiation table.

On outlawing the group, El-Rufai said; “Outlawing them is the only solution we see and anybody with a different view should tell us.” Shiites were recently in the news after they reportedly lost 50 members during a clash with soldiers in Abuja Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by Omeokachie: 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
About Elrufai i'd say, I know that dwarf monkey of a governor.

It's my new idiomatic expression.

4 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by rusher14: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
debaj10:

unbeknownst to most of us, every citizen has a right to refuse recognition of office holders; the office is completely separate from it's occupant.

South Africa, Ireland, India- those who fought for their rights in these nations were once tagged as terrorists. each govt ended up at the negotiation table.

Did the same GEJ not kill Zakzaky's children?

3 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by jericco1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
religion is a huge problem in Africa

1 Like

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by yarimo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
ehie:
at your age this is all you can think of posting in a respected public forum. I SMH for you undecided

1 Like

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by MZEE01: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
ok
Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by mayweather145: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
Buhari should outlaw Boko Haram instead of granting them amnesty.

Boko Haram don't believe in the Constitution.

2 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by naija247: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

Did the same GEJ not kill Zakzaky's children?
When did GEJ kill his children?

2 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by babyfaceafrica: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
nice one from rufai
Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nigerians know the ANIMALS they are up against in 2019.

Metaphors loading...

2 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by rusher14: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2018

3 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by velocity25(m): 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
that midget is evil

2 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by candygist: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
ehie:

Okay
Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by candygist: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
mayweather145:
Buhari should outlaw Boko Haram instead of granting them amnesty.

Boko Haram don't believe in the Constitution.

When did buhari grant amnesty to Boko Haram ?

1 Like

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by Vatsyayana: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
debaj10:

Ignorantia lege non excusat.
Swipe yourself off the ignorance you wear as a badge.
It is a treasonable offense and a breach of the Constitution of Nigeria to refuse to recognize someone who has been constitutionally elected and sworn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by SternProphet: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
1. It's a different kind of "animal".
2. It's a (very/completely/entirely) different animal

Animal is a word that features in many figures of speech to mean something like ..."a different situation from What we are used to".

ElRufai is right. It's not an insult to say I know this ani so I am feeling with.

2 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ritzy10:

El-Rufai had said that his problem with the El-Zakzaky’s movement, was their refusal to acknowledge constituted authority.

“The one that we have problems with is the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, headed by El-Zakzaky, they don’t recognize the President of Nigeria as sovereign, they don’t recognize me as governor.

““I know El-Zakzaky personally, we were both students at the Amadu Bello University in Zaria, we were both active in the Muslim Students Society so I know the animal I’m dealing with. Many of those making comments on this issue don’t know the history, I was in ABU when El-Zakzaky was dismissed, I know him.”

“Outlawing them is the only solution we see and anybody with a different view should tell us.”

Shiites were recently in the news after they reportedly lost 50 members during a clash with soldiers in Abuja Sunday.

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/maybe-you-need-a-lesson-in-english-el-rufai-insults-channeltvs-anchor-maup/

So that saying that short people are very temperamental is true undecided

So all these battles with Shiites have been about power recognition and tuzzle

Kai! So you just going to kill and jail anyone and EVERYONE that does not recognise you as a governor

El-rufai has behavioural issues shall undecided the guy has low self esteem!

Is it not the same Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai that insulted the day light out of a sitting president (GEJ) that is swiftly condemning a fellow man

If Goodluck Jonathan had melted the same treatment to you, would you have being alive to be a governor today

GEJ made mistakes but he is a great leader!

Maup thanks for putting him in his place!

El-rufai is the animal and I am not surprised!

The man you once bowed to

5 Likes

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by obyback: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
naija247:

When did GEJ kill his children?
Smh
Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by oieda: 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ritzy10:
The Governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, had a rather bizarre interview on ChannelsTV where he told the host, Maupe Ogun, that she might need more lessons in the English Language. El-Rufai was reacting to a statement credited to him about the Shiites leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky. He had said of El-Zakzaky, “I know the animal I am dealing with”, a comment which Maupe said may be considered as denigrating.

The governor, however, defended his metaphor by saying: “It’s an idiom I don’t mean that El-Zakzaky is an animal or anything. You know what I am talking about, if you don’t know then maybe you need more lessons in the English Language it is as simple as that.” But Maupe was not having it, and she insisted that El-Rufai use another word rather than “animal” to which the governor replied with a smile “I know the person I’m dealing with.”

El-Rufai had said that his problem with the El-Zakzaky’s movement, was their refusal to acknowledge constituted authority. “Shi’ites are citizens of Nigeria and they are entitled to practice their religion, there is no problem with that. Those protesting for the release of El-Zakzaky are not necessarily Shias, they are members of El-Zakzaky’s movement. “In Kaduna, there are two other Shi’ite organizations that don’t protest, they don’t block highways, they recognize the President of Nigeria and me as the governor of the state and we don’t have a problem with them.

Watch the hilarious video below:

Read more:

This interview is 1 year old

1 Like

Re: "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup by debaj10: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2018
Vatsyayana:

Ignorantia lege non excusat.
Swipe yourself off the ignorance you wear as a badge.
It is a treasonable offense and a breach of the Constitution of Nigeria to refuse to recognize someone who has been constitutionally elected and sworn.

oga Latin, Pele o.
for example:
if u lose governorship election- but go to court, claiming rigging- will u acknowledge the sworn in executive governor?
again, it's the office that's referred to; the person occupying it is immaterial.
I hope you've learnt something today?
Latin master cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Cant The FEDERAL Government Print Money To Pay Up Our Debt? / Nnamdi Kanu Had Defence Clearance In His British Passport / I’m Terribly Shocked By Buhari,There’ll Be PTB After 2023 Election –Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.