Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: (2204 Views)

What Kind Of Gist Do Women Want to Hear from a Guy / We Both Want Marriage, But Fiancé Wants To Get Pregnant Now B4 Aug/jan Wedding / I'm 21 And Have Started Meeting Guys That Want Marriage Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by dfav: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2010
I have a friend, who almost lost his sister to comma because her fiance married another girl.
so i asked my friend " why do women kill them selves because of marriage".
immediately they clock 23yrs, they start the race, by 29yrs is like do or die affair;
then by 35yrs if nothing happen, is like danger ( like P2- song),
why?
guys & ladies i want u to comment on dis,
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by papa190(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2010
my own don already dey use am play song for my ear

Im talking about [size=4pt]omolola[/size] sexy
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by Spyker: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2010
Simple reason: M-E-N-O-P-A-U-S-E. A man can father a child even if he is 200 years old. only Abrahams wife broke that record or bearing a child @ 90years old.

Do you notice that some natural things that bother women has the phrase M.E.N. in it e.g. Menopause, Menstruation e.t.c.
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by eridah2007(m): 12:59am On Jul 20, 2010
because marriage is gud and sweet like like honey grin
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by Faher(m): 2:25am On Jul 20, 2010
Societal status and pressure.

The pressure to marry in the west is less than in Nigeria
While Naija girls are getting married by all means at 22,

Their American age mates are thinking of med or law school or career development.
And they aren't pressured to marry early.
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by zebra543: 4:04am On Jul 20, 2010
Its the african mentality leading women to believe life hasnt yet started until one is married, they have made it seem the biggest acheivement is to be married, when in actual fact its the begining of a life long term of unhappiness for many. BAck home women strive to marry at all costs and once they reach a certain age they are then told they are no longer 'viable' for marriage and become desperate. Women need to understand life is not meant to be lived to 'please others' one can never fulfil societies standards and once you start trying to be like an 'idol individual' you will never stop! Instead live life knowing Que Sera, Sera whatever will be will be!
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by onyekachii(f): 4:31am On Jul 20, 2010
@poster,
When you say women, I hope you are referring to some and not all women. 
Not all women think this way. I agree with spyker, women are kind of placed on a time limit if they want to marry and have children; so it's almost a natural instinct to desire marriage at a certain time. 

Spyker:

Simple reason: M-E-N-O-P-A-U-S-E. A man can father a child even if he is 200 years old. only Abrahams wife broke that record or bearing a child @ 90years old.

Do you notice that some natural things that bother women has the phrase M.E.N. in it e.g. Menopause, Menstruation e.t.c.
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by dobodobo(m): 6:10am On Jul 20, 2010
even my girlfriend have given me conditions, No fucking with condom and no protection, she want a baby by force,she said I may end up playing her and we should do Get Together Family before December if I don't want marriage soon
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by dfav: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2010
dis pressure of a tin is too common in Naija,
one lady told one of my guys; " no introduction on bleeding".
ok go am not interested again, she doesnt want to go,
every church dis days in lagos, immediately d pastor say
"u will recieve ur husband dis yr", o boy , d amen
can fall d roof, wentin sef, wahala dey oooo,
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by adaybola(f): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2010
eridah2007:

because marriage is gud and sweet like like honey grin

If God and true love is the foundation.

No matter how successful a man/woman is, without someone to share the success with is bull (in my opinion). I really don't think marriage should be the ultimate. The most important thing is to find the special person you want to spend the rest of your life with and stick together for better or worse. But, you know an environment like ours does not approve “PARTNERSHIP" as a couple. So, you are left to want to find the special one and just walk down the aisle to make it proper and acceptable in our environment and of course, "The Church" and also to avoid being labeled a “wh0re” if you are a woman.
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by jidobaba(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2010
yes nigerian women want to get married at all costs, na dem problem be dat
what i dont understand is why some men allow themselves to be stampeded into marriage aka bondage
for me common law any day
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by dfav: 10:00am On Jul 20, 2010
some one say why getting married with all d wife wahalas ( no freedom; nagging;responsibility etc);
if its sex u want; the pros. are far better than d wife, give them small cash and u will get more than enough
it its love, u mother & sistas can show u more care; just visit them
if its children, why keep on multiplying, when dey are talking of over
population just go and adort a child.
another of my guys now said; Nigeria women go swear 4 u because u want to
pour sand sand 4 their garri eh shocked
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by LadyLocs(f): 11:03am On Jul 20, 2010
I only saw that on this site.
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by 28Schweet(f): 11:29am On Jul 20, 2010
grin

LadyLocs:

I only saw that on this site.
couldn't agree with you more, but I suppose the economics of it makes sense to the women who are desperate for it,
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by blacksta(m): 11:35am On Jul 20, 2010
Nonsense - just look at the young girls deceiving themselves" One says i rather die lonely than for man to think he is doing me a favor. " I suspect you have been in many failed relationships that is why you are so bitter. The Fact remains " You need a man" .
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by Tinksh(f): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2010
blacksta:

Nonsense - just look at the young girls deceiving themselves" One says i rather die lonely than for man to think he is doing me a favor. " I suspect you have been in many failed relationships that is why you are so bitter. The Fact remains " You need a man" .

No woman 'needs' a man and no man 'needs' a woman, exept for babies. Other than that you can be just fine on your own!!
Re: Why Do Women Want Marriage By All Cost: by minute(f): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2010
That's not always true.More women in today's society

are waiting later in life, if at all to marry.I personally know

more men who are more open to marriage than women.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Having An Affair With My Wife's Cozn! / God Help Us From Evil Men Ooo! / Romantic Notion & Romance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.