Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (23486 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by anonimi: 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
debosky:

The same EFCC that has been used as an agent of persecution against 'enemies' of the government? Let them take it to court and establish the facts of the matter - there are too many cases of false accusations and witch hunts by the EFCC. Besides, has the EFCC told you how much of the looted money was given to RCCG?

Zack declared his own guilt - have you heard Akingbola declare himself guilty?  Try to use examples in the right manner and apply some logic.

If he resigned (I don't know the details) you cannot force him to continue - resignation is not an acceptance of guilt either, it is an act to allow him defend himself against accusations.

What is the 'act' here that makes them concerned with 'mammon'?

First of all, does your church have all the records of your giving? How far back do the records go? At what point did the alleged stolen loot get donated to the church? 1 year ago? 10 years ago? 15 years ago?

There is a clear lack of critical reasoning here - the thread asks a question about returning looted money. Till the quantity of looted money (if any) that went into RCCG is determined, there can be no basis for a refund, bearing in mind that the church might not even have records of what was given.

The only bodies capable of determining these figures are law enforcement and the courts. SIMPLE.

obviously you continue to confirm that adeboye is a plain scammer- a man whose presence convicts witches etc on his convention grounds etc cannot convict a smart crook like akingbOLE, Ibru, OBJ, Ibori etc
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
If Adeboye GoDaddys pal is not guilty why not come to Nigeria to face the law instead of hiding in London or is that part of the RCCG teaching he learnt from being a Pastor too?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2010
anonimi:

obviously you continue to confirm that adeboye is a plain scammer- a man whose presence convicts witches etc on his convention grounds etc cannot convict a smart crook like akingbOLE, Ibru, OBJ, Ibori etc

And you continue to confirm that having a mouth and a brain cannot guarantee that you will say anything intelligent.

dayokanu:

If Adeboye GoDaddys pal is not guilty why not come to Nigeria to face the law instead of hiding in London or is that part of the RCCG teaching he learnt from being a Pastor too?

You guys are getting quite close to declaring insanity. Very soon a decision by Akingbola to pee sitting down will be attributed to RCCG. grin grin grin
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2010
precap2:

He'd rather have Akingbola pronounced guilty until proven innocent, but wouldn't accept that when he despoiled his younger sis.

Despoiled your younger sis!! what is this? shows the kind of crap forming in this guys mind

precap2:

Akingbola already owned and managed this bank for over 10 years before he went public and afforded this your friend an opportunity to invest his meager crumb. Now he wants to stand on that crumb and pontificate on where Akingbola got the monies that he donated to church, if he really donated all that is claimed anyway.

Meager crumbs your mentor in stealing couldn't refuse and had to help himself with grin

precap2:

T[b]hat Pst. Adeboye did not see it means that Akingbola did not steal. Simple![/b] cheesy
It doesn't matter who wants to hang himself over peanut investment.

Holla!

The most laughable and demented post in nairaland embarassed cry

What does this guy carry in his head for a brain?!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2010
Gidtruth:

I make the most laughable and demented post in nairaland embarassed cry

What do I carry in this head for a brain?!

He has confirmed my worst fears. He's deranged. So sorry G.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 8:36am On Jul 29, 2010
@ Debosky,

Let me ask you this question, if a friend gives you gifts of cars and money over a period of time and was later accused by the police of theft and embezzlement of items just like the gifts he gave you. To make matters worse he is on the run from the police and declared wanted.
His crime has actually destroyed lives of pensioners and several young people. People have actually identified you (who preaches and talks about integrity and truthfulness to whomsoever cares to listen) as his friend with whom he spends time with and probably benefited form his crime albeit unknowingly. What are the christian steps to take as regards your culpability and the fate of what your friend has given you?

Would a good christian in good conscience continue to keep the gifts and insist that until his wanted friend is apprehended and pronounced guilty by the court he will continue to enjoy the gifts?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2010
Posted by: precap2
Insert Quote
Quote from: Gidtruth on Today at 07:45:34 AM

[b]I make [/b]the most laughable and demented post in nairaland Embarrassed Huh Cry

What [b]do I [/b]carry in this head for a brain?!

He has confirmed my worst fears. He's deranged. So sorry G.

Holla!

And he has started displaying his mentor's character by fraudulently editing my comment and pretending it came from me. You are finished in this forum
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2010
This guys saw the danger signal many of failed to see ahead and still refuse to acknowledge

[size=8pt]Born Again Bankers[/size]
It is fast becoming the norm rather than exception. Church services in banks. Its organisers say it is meant to blend the business of banking with spirituality. Chidi 'Uzor looks at the patrons. Additional reports by Malachy Agbo

It came like a wild fire. Almost every bank had its own fellowship and very soon it was growing like fire. Before then it was not fashionable for bank chief executives to show off as born again Christians. It was not expected of them for at the time, top bank chief executives and indeed other professionals were not to identify with the "lazy lots" as they were thought to be.

It all started with the wholesale bank failures in the 1990s. Banks considered to be run by the cream deal cream of the banking industry collapsed like a pack of cards. To worsen it, the chairmen, chief executives and top management staff were clamped into prison. The confidence of men failed them and after a serious x-ray of the events those who still remained thought that it was not by the power of any man that an institution such as a bank could be run. They believed that they needed a superior hand to excel and to keep this almighty hand ever ready to assist, many dived into the waters called bornagainism.

Rev Segun Agbetuyi

A pioneer of this move, Agbetuyi does not hide the fact that from the word go, he had the best of life. "I mean the best of life". He was a lecturer, and consultant to many banks. He had believed that the world was at his feet. He had also believed that he was a super brain who could pontificate on almost every matter. Because of his confidence, he did not blink when he was called upon to rescue the ailing Omega bank. Omega Bank was then owned by Ondo and Ekiti States and the dwindling fortunes of the bank was seen as the fall of a legacy left by Papa Michael Ajasin, the first executive Governor of Ondo State.

"But I didn't know that I could not assess the enormity of the problem from outside. I was face to face with failure. And I went to God". This is the story, Agbatuyi is willing to tell any listener who is willing to hear his story about Owena bank. During his visit to THISDAY when the bank was about changing its name, he said that the first thing he did was to change the orientation of the bank staff and directed them towards God. On Thursdays, when the bank holds its in-house fellowship, it was difficult to differentiate between the bank in Owena and the church in Owena. Mr. Agbatuyi has added another feather to his spiritual cap. Undone with just being a member of the laity, he went for the jocular. He is an ordained reverend of Our Saviour's church, Tafawa Balewa, where he gives out the Holy Sacrament. These days the man has become so pious that one cannot help imagine what the man is still doing in the rough waters called banking, where currency trafficking, forex trading, low support to genuine business men rule the clime. He thinks otherwise. "It is the right time for people of God to take over in this land and show the love of God abroad", he states. Ever had of the gathering of eagles?

Chika Mbonu
Chika Mbonu is currently the Managing Director and Chief Executive of the newly acquired Assurance Bank. Many do not identify Mr. Mbonu with this new wave. But unknown to many, he is indeed an Associate Pastor at the City of David Parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. Mbonu is not new to the banking world. Before his present position, he was Managing Director and Chief Executive of Citizens Bank.

Because he does not flaunt his bornagainism so much, not many actually see him so much in this light. There are indications however, that the new look Assurance Bank may be his major opportunity to showcase his spiritual connection.

Cecilia Ibru
Mrs. Ibru's story sounds similar to that of Agbetuyi. Oceanic Bank which is a member of the family's empire was in distress. There was a managing director but Mrs. Ibru was the chief operating officer. She had the singular target of rescuing the bank from its decadence. She tells of moments when she would not know the next thing to do. She would go to God in prayer. From that state of comatose, the bank came alive and Mrs. Ibru today seats atop the bank as its Managing Director and Chief Executive officer. For her, all she has done today is by the saving Grace of her lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Mrs. Ibru holds daily and weekly fellowships in the bank headquarters where she is in charge. But most prominently is the banks annual carol and thanksgiving services. She is a very respected member of Redeemed Christian Church of God.

Yinka Obalade
Yinka Obalade is the managing director and chief executive of Global Bank plc. Mr. Obalade is a deacon at the New Estate Baptist Church, where he is a deacon. He preaches to his flock every Sunday. He also does not spare opportunities to spread the gospel in his bank and other meetings of his friends and colleagues. He is the banking John the Baptist as he urges his friends to repent as the Kingdom of God is at hand. Is this also extended to banking business?

Erastus Akingbola
He is the tzar at Intercontinental Bank. Erastus who grew from the cradles in his banking career, aids say recognises the turbulent moments he has passed through and believes that it is only God that could have been able to take a man from such lowly positions to the pinnacle of his career. He has also instituted worship centres in his bank and makes it a way of life. Has that addressed fraud too?

Mr. Lemo Babantunde
He is a member of the born again chief executives. He tells anybody who cares to listen that he is not only Wema bank chief executive, but a servant in His Vine Yard. He is a deacon. And to show you what type of stuff he is made of, he welcomes his visitors with a horde of tracts which he distributes very freely. His aids say he enjoys biblical counseling as he enjoys his banking activities. He keeps heaps of tracts which he gives out very generously. Many may argue that does not produce huge profits. But the man has his balance sheet to show for his performance and leaves you with the judgment. And if he would have relented, his performance has even increased his faith and so he has scheduled every Friday as worship time for the bank staff. But has this stopped pretense?

Ben Akabueze
Mr. Akabueze is a pastor at the City of David Parish and holds forte at NAL Bank plaza. He organises fellowship in his office on Thursdays at 6pm. That is a march between his spiritual duty to bring men to Christ and his circular job of making profit for his shareholders. The mix is important to him because he misses the spiritual duty, he might lose his Grace, but if he does not make profit, he is fired by his employers. One pastime Akubueze indulges more frequently is the education of Christian men and women on economic management and doing business as Christians. Has the bank imbibed this attitude?

Shola Adeoti

Shola Adeoti belongs to the class of people Pastor Adeboye will always refer to as my daughter in the Lord. Even Shola's father, Chief Samuel Adedoyin acknowledges that his daughter is a class of her own in spiritual matters. She was the first to take the branch of her bank to Redeemed Camp not withstanding the marketing implications of such a move. The place is neither a market, nor a major business area. It mainly comes alive once every month. But faith has no bounds, and one may not be surprised to discover that that may be one of the bank's flourishing branches.

What is this for?
This is one question that occupies the minds of many. Is it a genuine desire to do things right? Or does it go with the proliferation of churches and mosques, yet more criminals. As more bankers and banking professionals become more religious, the question many ask is, do more banks lend to the real sector to stimulate this economy; do they now abide by the banking bible, Banks, and other Financial Institutions Act which provides for DOS and don'ts in the area. Do banks now keep away from sharp practices which the Nigerian scene is known for? But one good pointer, non of the banks managed by these men and women were sanctioned last year for sharp practices. Is this the beginning of sanity?

The dangers ahead?

There is one major problem that these banks may be facing right now or in the future. The major one is the possibility of acting. Because the expectations of chief executives are almost known, the staff will be falling over themselves to out perform others in showing that they love God more than the MDs. Just to curry favour. Beware of the wolves in sheep skin.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2010
I wonder what all these banker/pastors versed in the word of God actually think about the Sin of Usury. Can they feel conflicted? Or have they found a way to be both a banker and a MOG without causing internal conflict.

Usury:
Usury (pronounced /ˈjuːʒəri/, comes from the Medieval Latin usuria, "interest" or from the Latin usura "interest"wink originally meant the charging of interest on loans. This included charging a fee for the use of money, such as at a bureau de change.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usury

And here is what the bible has to say about Usury, not very far from the parts that talk about tithes:
25If thou lend money to any of my people that is poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury
Exodus 22:25
19Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury: 20Unto a stranger thou mayest lend upon usury; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon usury: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all that thou settest thine hand to in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Deuteronomy 23:19 -

And while I was digging up these verses I also ran into this which addresses the question of whether God can accept money that is earned in a way that God abhors.
17There shall be no LovePeddler of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. 18[b]Thou shalt not bring the hire of a LovePeddler, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.[/b]
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tonyet1(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^ for the first time i feel very bold to call you a hypocrite, so you still consider the mosaic law very much relevant and applicable to our contemporary christian lives when it was the same you who came all out to say the laws where irrelevant and therefore should not be referenced for its polity on issues like tithing,maybe you are using this 'old testament' passage to find a reason why you should call someone a thief while you failing to get rid of that big log in your eyes. rubbish! angry angry angry
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2010
Tonye-t:

^^^ for the first time i feel very bold to call you a hypocrite, so you still consider the mosaic law very much relevant and applicable to our contemporary christian lives when it was the same you who came all out to say the laws where irrelevant and therefore should not be referenced for its polity on issues like tithing,maybe you are using this 'old testament' passage to find a reason why you should call someone a thief while you failing to get rid of that big log in your eyes. rubbish! angry angry angry

you cannot have scored very highly in english comprehension when you were in school. 

A) I never argued for or against the mosaic law in any of the tithe debates.  you probably got my contributions conflated with those of others.  I don't blame you.  When a man is being decked left right and center by multiple combinations from many people, it will be very hard for him to know who threw what punch. 

B)  The argument in my post above is based on consistency.  ie, If you rely on the mosaic law and derive the practice of tithes from it, then in order to be consistent you must also prohibit usury which is a sin unto God and is basically what bankers do. 

C)  It pleases me that though you have been seeking for a chance to call me a hypocrite, it is on this dubious foundation that you're finally bold enough to say it for the first time.  I can't be doing badly at all. 

What do you think about God not wanting the earnings from an abominable thing? 'Thou shalt not bring it into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow.'
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
Pastor AIO:

you cannot have scored very highly in english comprehension when you were in school. 

B) The argument in my post above is based on consistency. ie, If you rely on the mosaic law and derive the practice of tithes from it, then in order to be consistent you must also prohibit usury which is a sin unto God and is basically what bankers do.

You started by peeling her off. Not very good.
Talking about consistency, that place you quoted didn't say not to do usury, but not to collect interest from your brother who is poor. The big Q is: Who is your brother? And what is the definition of poor? And until you define those, the blanket condemnation of usury won't work. You can lend with interest to those who aren't your brothers. Also note that your brother you shouldn't lend to with interest are "the poor" ones. If a rich brother needs money to run business, he's going to profit from it, so he should pay interest. "I am your God that teach you to profit" is the word of God in the same Deuteronomy. Ok?

P.S: Tithing is in the New Testament and recommended by Christ Himself, maybe you should start by reading Matt 23 vs 23 (But let's not go over to tithing here please).

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ogajim(m): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2010
Aren't bankers equal to "money changers" that Jesus drove out of the Temple in anger? The fact that some people would do anything for money should not include those who call themselves Christians.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
ogajim:

Aren't bankers equal to "money changers" that Jesus drove out of the Temple in anger? The fact that some people would do anything for money should not include those who call themselves Christians.

Wrong argument. Those guys were selling doves, onions, kulikuli and some unclean animals in the temple grin grin grin grin grin

Bankers were the big boys that had offices to deal, so they didn't deal in the temple.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ogajim(m): 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2010
There were only"money changers" in the Temple?

Matthew 21:12-13 (King James Version)

12And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

13And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

I guess you use a Bible different from most of us.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2010
ogajim:

There were only"money changers" in the Temple?

Matthew 21:12-13 (King James Version)

12And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

13And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

I guess you use a Bible different from most of us

Are you asking or saying they are all money changers?
But your quote says everything there is to understand there. And money changers don't mean bankers. If you don't agree I can explain more.

My versions of Bible are. NIV, NKJV, KJV, NLT, and the Vulgate.

Holla
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2010
Gidtruth:

@ Debosky,

Let me ask you this question, if a friend gives you gifts of cars and money over a period of time and was later accused by the police of theft and embezzlement of items just like the gifts he gave you. To make matters worse he is on the run from the police and declared wanted.
His crime has actually destroyed lives of pensioners and several young people. People have actually identified you (who preaches and talks about integrity and truthfulness to whomsoever cares to listen) as his friend with whom he spends time with and probably benefited form his crime albeit unknowingly. What are the christian steps to take as regards your culpability and the fate of what your friend has given you?

The steps to take are simple - I will return the gifts I received from him back to him, once I am satisfied that they came from corrupt proceeds. If I am not convinced and he hasn't been convicted by a court on the matter, I will not engage in any returns.

Would a good christian in good conscience continue to keep the gifts and insist that until his wanted friend is apprehended and pronounced guilty by the court he will continue to enjoy the gifts?

A good Christian will be careful not to pass judgment without evidence. If a Christian truly believes his friend is innocent, he can hold on to the gifts without doing anything wrong. Dancing to the tune of 'people' or what the 'majority' believes should NEVER be the driving force behind a Christian's actions.

Again, your analogies are off the mark. Akingbola's giving (whatever amounts they involved) were not 'gifts' to a friend, they were his personal contributions, likely made anonymously, to the running of an organisation or as a gift to God. As far as I am aware offerings directly to Adeboye for personal use - if you have proof of that, then make it known.

I believe he's been a member of RCCG for many years, so where does the returning of money start from? From the first day he joined (if records were so well kept) or from a date when it was discovered he was corrupt? Who decides on this date?

RCCG returns 1 kobo, y'all will come back and claim he gave more. if they return 50m, people will still say he gave much more but they are witholding the rest. You CANNOT satisfy people's desires, no matter what you do.

Since that is the case, I leave it to the courts or the EFCC to decide. I will not pass judgment with insufficient information or based on speculation.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
debosky:

RCCG returns 1 kobo, y'all will come back and claim he gave more. if they return 50m, people will still say he gave much more but they are witholding the rest. You CANNOT satisfy people's desires, no matter what you do.

You did your best to explain and tried not to offend, but I personally have never been afraid of offending anyone for any reason. Let everyone be offended but let the truth be told.
Akingbola singly owned ICB for about 15 years. He has his personal money. He's still the major shareholder of ICB. He gave to the church out of his personal money. He has always been very wealthy. Why must it be said that the gift he made to church was from loot (if there was ever any looting in the first place). Those calling for returning whatever monies are Muslims who're here to mud-sling. Let them vacate the biggest mosque in Niger state because IBB built it with OBVIOUSLY stolen money. Let them vacate the ASO VILLA mosque because the proceed was obviously stolen. Let them ask PDP to refund all the billions Dangote and the likes gave them because we know the sources of such monies.
Akingbola has never even been proven to have taken any kobo and someone wants him hanged. If he runs away, our justice system is very clear on it. Trial will continue and if case is proven against him, then they'll either wait for his return or get assistance from Interpol. Why are we playing politics with everything? It is evident that those who want to take over ICB are succeeding, why won't they also go and take over Lion Bank and All States? Because those ones failed and they're not interested in failed business. If you don't know, then know it now that Akingbola as at today still control highest shares in ICB, have they taken it from him? Not yet.
Let a spade be called a spade. Like I said before I don't belong to RCCG and Heaven knows I don't have any plan of joining them tomorrow, but can someone stand up and say the truth?
Let them convict him in absentia, it's 100% allowed in our laws and if anyone need examples I can cite them. What they want is to take the man to dungeon, rubbish him there and take all the useless glory for dishonoring an honest man.

Holla! (But not from madmen)
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Pimpu(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2010
@precaps i think u should see a doctor
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2010
Pimpu:

You've always been a free thinker, haven't you?

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2010
precap2:

You started by peeling her off. Not very good.

What are you saying? That I didn't 'peel' her well enough? Or that 'Peeling' her is not very good? What exactly does peeling mean? I'm presuming you are referring to my saying that her english comprehension was poor. Did she strike you as having good comprehension? Please tell me, if you can show me that she exhibits good comprehension I'll take my words back.

precap2:

Talking about consistency, that place you quoted didn't say not to do usury, but not to collect interest from your brother who is poor. The big Q is: Who is your brother? And what is the definition of poor? And until you define those, the blanket condemnation of usury won't work. You can lend with interest to those who aren't your brothers. Also note that your brother you shouldn't lend to with interest are "the poor" ones. If a rich brother needs money to run business, he's going to profit from it, so he should pay interest. "I am your God that teach you to profit" is the word of God in the same Deuteronomy. Ok?

P.S: Tithing is in the New Testament and recommended by Christ Himself, maybe you should start by reading Matt 23 vs 23 (But let's not go over to tithing here please).

Holla!

I don't need to define anything, the Jews who have been practicing their mosaic law since the day it was given to them know how they practice their thing. Jews do not lend money to other Jews upon usury, but they do lend money to non-jews. Hence why the Jews became the bankers of Europe. Christians similarly could not lend money to other christians upon usury so it was very convenient that they had jews in their midst from whom they could borrow money to finance their projects. (Remember Shylock from Shakepeare's The Merchant of Venice.)
So that answers the who is your brother question, I guess. Although Jesus would take it even further as he taught in the parable of the Good samaritan. Jesus taught that we are all brothers (neighbours) regardless of blood ties or religious ties.

I know that you are trying to use pedantry to wriggle out of what the bible teaches. What is my definition of Poor? Why don't you tell me your definition of poor? Because I know that your religion is just a matter of defining things out of shape until you can do whatever you want to do and still feel justified. When your 'lord who teaches you to profit' does so by telling you to practice usury then I'm sorry but that sounds like a very different 'lord' from the lord that the Jews worshipped.

precap2:

Holla!

What's wrong with being a free-thinker? Are you an enslaved thinker? Enslaved to idiocy, mendacity, and salacious pedantry.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2010
I look forward to the day when reply would be made in NL without insult.
That day would be blessed.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by omofat: 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
Pastor AIO:

What's wrong with being a free-thinker? Are you an enslaved thinker? Enslaved to idiocy, mendacity, and salacious pedantry.

O ga o. Ko to yen naw grin
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2010
precap2:

I look forward to the day when reply would be made in NL without insult.
That day would be blessed.

Holla!

I look forward to the day when posts will be made without the intention to deceive, without mendacity and twisting of meanings in order to justify wickedness. But alas I fear that such a day may never come. So I'm left with only one option and that is to strongly challenge such wickedness wheresoever I may find it. If you find that insulting then that's your problem.

omo~fat:

O ga o. Ko to yen naw grin

To ke? O ju yen lo gan. The tin just dey vex me. My only regret na say I no dey get time to answer each and every inane post that I find. Some posters I just completely ignore due to the enormity of the task.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
Pastor AIO <---- If people who have different views with you must be addressed with words such as illiterate, mendacious, idiocy, salacious and the likes, do I say you attract attention to your points or to the insults?
I think your points will stand out when you throw those insolent language to the gutters, or do they boost what you're saying? You're at liberty to form your diction though.
I was addressing someone who read my points and said I should see a doctor. He either differed with my views or was cracking one of those NL jokes and I said he's always a free thinker, then you jumped in reeling out insults again as if I was directing the talk to you. Must you always join issues you don't understand?
You can refrain from that kind of behavior while you still have time.

Bless ya all

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2010
I sorry but I didn't ever use the term illiterate. Maybe you've been talking to your brother noetic. He is the only literate person on nairaland and he likes to make sure that we all know it.

As far as I'm concerned I've stated facts and if those facts leave you feeling insulted then that is not my fault. The words I actually used were
1)Mendacity. That means lies. A mendacious person is a liar. Are you a liar?

You said that Usury is alright because the bible says:
"I am your God that teach you to profit" is the word of God in the same Deuteronomy. Ok?
Which I believe comes from Isaiah not Deutoronomy, though maybe you can find it in deuteronomy too. Is the profit spoken of here pecuniary? Why are you trying to force it to mean pecuniary profit? Is that not mendacity? Or possibly you didn't know. So it is ignorance.
Mendacity or Ignorance, you pick one.

2)Salacious. Someone driven by their baser passions. Greed, lust, covetousness etc. Pedantry is playing with details to twist meanings to suit yourself.
A salacious pedant would therefore twist meanings in order to justify his base passions. Such as justifying tithing. And lying that Matt 23 vs 23 justifies the tithing fraud that is going on today.

Sir, could you refute any of these charges that I've made above. Are your posts not mired in idiocy? I repeat that you've exhibited mendacity and a salacious pedantry. This is the observable fact. Whether or not it is insulting is no concern of mine.
precap2:

I think your points will stand out when you throw those insolent language to the gutters, or do they boost what you're saying?

Actually my points were exactly that your posts were full of mendacity and salacious pedantry. And I suspect that this is because of the state of your soul. Now you might find that a bit personal, but it is hard to separate what someone writes and the personality of the person.

precap2:

Pastor AIO <---- If people who have different views with you must be addressed with words such as illiterate, mendacious, idiocy, salacious and the likes, do I say you attract attention to your points or to the insults?
I think your points will stand out when you throw those insolent language to the gutters, or do they boost what you're saying? You're at liberty to form your diction though.
I was addressing someone who read my points and said I should see a doctor. He either differed with my views or was cracking one of those NL jokes and I said he's always a free thinker, then you jumped in reeling out insults again as if I was directing the talk to you. Must you always join issues you don't understand?
You can refrain from that kind of behavior while you still have time.

Bless ya all

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2010
Pastor AIO:

I sorry but I didn't ever use the term illiterate. Maybe you've been talking to your brother noetic. He is the only literate person on nairaland and he likes to make sure that we all know it.

As far as I'm concerned I've stated facts and if those facts leave you feeling insulted then that is not my fault. The words I actually used were
1)Mendacity. That means lies. A mendacious person is a liar. Are you a liar?

You said that Usury is alright because the bible says: Which I believe comes from Isaiah not Deutoronomy, though maybe you can find it in deuteronomy too. Is the profit spoken of here pecuniary? Why are you trying to force it to mean pecuniary profit? Is that not mendacity? Or possibly you didn't know. So it is ignorance.
Mendacity or Ignorance, you pick one.

2)Salacious. Someone driven by their baser passions. Greed, lust, covetousness etc. Pedantry is playing with details to twist meanings to suit yourself.
A salacious pedant would therefore twist meanings in order to justify his base passions. Such as justifying tithing. And lying that Matt 23 vs 23 justifies the tithing fraud that is going on today.

Sir, could you refute any of these charges that I've made above. Are your posts not mired in idiocy? I repeat that you've exhibited mendacity and a salacious pedantry. This is the observable fact. Whether or not it is insulting is no concern of mine.
Actually my points were exactly that your posts were full of mendacity and salacious pedantry. And I suspect that this is because of the state of your soul. Now you might find that a bit personal, but it is hard to separate what someone writes and the personality of the person.

I just quoted you above to let you read what you wrote. Read it as if someone else wrote it. Are you learning new words everyday or just the normal childish impulse to fill everywhere with words. Reexamine your language is all I advice, it won't be useful if I start out with your kind of words, it can only mess the entire purpose of the thread. A thread is started so that people can bring in differing opinions, if opinions were to be the same then discussion would be unnecessary.

As for explaining Scripture, if you find my explanation unsatisfactory, it's because you have a different view of it. I have learned over the years that point of view does not amount to total disagreement, it simply means you're in the north while I occupy the south. Enjoy your views as long as you're satisfied with them, but don't bully another to accept them whole or he'll be labeled pedantic, salacious, and ehr. . . mendacious.

Bless ya

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 12:29am On Aug 02, 2010
precap2:

I just quoted you above to let you read what you wrote. Read it as if someone else wrote it. Are you learning new words everyday or just the normal childish impulse to fill everywhere with words.

I've just read it again and I find it quite to the point. Perhaps the words that I used were beyond your vocabulary. I was just being succinct, but I had already said what they mean in an earlier post, but using more 'simpler' words:

Pastor AIO:

I know that you are trying to use pedantry to wriggle out of what the bible teaches. What is my definition of Poor? Why don't you tell me your definition of poor? Because I know that your religion is just a matter of defining things out of shape until you can do whatever you want to do and still feel justified. [/b]When your 'lord who teaches you to profit' does so by telling you to practice usury then I'm sorry but that sounds like a very different 'lord' from the lord that the Jews worshipped.

[b] Because I know that your religion is just a matter of defining things out of shape until you can do whatever you want to do and still feel justified. = salacious pedantry.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 9:35am On Aug 02, 2010
Pastor AIO:

I've just read it again and I find it quite to the point. Perhaps the words that I used were beyond your vocabulary. I was just being succinct, but I had already said what they mean in an earlier post, but using more 'simpler' words:

When I was younger I did same, loved to throw words around and believed I was enjoying myself. I even marvel at how you almost sounded like me "Succinct". But you ain't got great words, go back to your thesaurus and get some more.
There's one more thing, it's good you're satisfied with your views, but it's equally childish that you think it's the only view around town grin. A one way world for babies, isn't it? It doesn't have to mean you've lived a few years though, I've met 40-year old baby cheesy. Like I said before, enjoy yourself.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by anonimi: 9:57am On Aug 02, 2010
might be useful to go back to the original posts:

precap2:

You did your best to explain and tried not to offend, but I personally have never been afraid of offending anyone for any reason. Let everyone be offended but let the truth be told.

Pimpu:

precap2:

Holla!

Pastor AIO:

So who started the insults
who sustained the insulting exchange in the 1st instance by responding to the initial insult does opening up the field for more insults
now wey fight don reach intense level we dey hear "na look una dey look us? abeg i no wan fight (insult) anymore" shocked
BTW, one of the opposites (antonyms) of free is enslaved. QED
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2010
precap2:

When I was younger I did same, loved to throw words around and believed I was enjoying myself. I even marvel at how you almost sounded like me "Succinct". But you ain't got great words, go back to your thesaurus and get some more.
There's one more thing, it's good you're satisfied with your views, but it's equally childish that you think it's the only view around town grin. A one way world for babies, isn't it? It doesn't have to mean you've lived a few years though, I've met 40-year old baby cheesy. Like I said before, enjoy yourself.

Holla!

Wow, So succinct is a big word for you!!! Anyway, this is the dictionary definition of the word:
1. Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/succinct

Let's forget about the words, or even my age sef, what it boils down to is that you are a liar and you've been caught out. First you say you don't mind offending people as long as the truth is being told. Then you offend people, but as it turns out far from telling the truth you are spouting lies.

When this is pointed out to you, instead of accepting you want to turn it into a matter of opinion and point of view.
I have learned over the years that point of view[b] does not amount to total disagreement[/b], it simply means you're in the north while I occupy the south. Enjoy your views as long as you're satisfied with them, but don't bully another to accept them whole or he'll be labeled pedantic, salacious, and ehr. . . mendacious.

. . . actually between me and you this is a case of total disagreement. You are here trying to support some greedy (i won't say salacious) wicked people and you are twisting the bible and the english language in order to do so. I find you totally disagreeable, and I totally disagree with your posts.

Holla ko, ijeta ni (tomorrow ko, day b4 yesterday ni)
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This endless wrangling sef. I don tire

Holla me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Christian Man Converts To Islam In Borno State, Calls Himself Abubakar / Prayer Points For The Last Day Of The Year / Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.