Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua (7958 Views)

Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio - Dr Aliyu U. Tilde / Maduka And The Unfinished Business With Agu Awka / Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by OEPHIUS(m): 10:37pm On Oct 30, 2018

*Letter to Fayemi: Never forget to finish the unfinished business, this time!*

Hearty congratulations on your resumption as the 6th executive governor of Ekiti state.

Though Your Excellency may receive this letter as a surprise, considering the fact that I worked not for your political party as at the time you were striving to be.

Certainly, such reaction to either a congratulatory message or an advisory letter from an active political opponent could possibly exist in an uncivilized clime like Nigerian society.

Looking at your level of enlightements as somebody who had been adequately educated within the four walls of universities bagging more than a degree, I would not want to find interest and refuse to be discouraged, in your own case.

Because I strongly hope that your level of education would have equipped you to see clearly through the prism of the prevailing partisan fog in the country.

Besides, if Your Excellency is genuinely determined to offer Ekiti people the best using the opportunity at hand, there is no way to it than to consider my honest view.

If I were Your Excellency, I would realise that my critics are my special advisers who are not on my payroll.

So I would pay the due attention to everything raised in an open advisory letter like the one you are reading which comes from a former rival.

I would be quick to understand the implications of not having another opportunity to become governor after this time out as there is no third term in the constitution of the land.

So, within the four years limited time frame, I would try my best to lay the best record in governance and break the existing records of my predecessors, mostly of whom are my obvious rivals till date.

I would not forget my initial claim of returning to power to finish an unfinished business.

As a follow up to this claim, I would have made a compilation of all the unfinished businesses of my first tenure, ordered them in the degree of how impactful they are to the people's wellbeing.

I would consider the political need to stand out as a leader, the way Obafemi Awolowo did by establishing the first television station in Africa.

I would ban pupils from paying tax the way you did, and I would run free meal programme for primary school pupils as well. But I would still know that no record is laid and no record is broken.

I would not forget that I did not also collect tax from pupils in my first tenure likewise (2010-2014).

I would not want to deceive myself. So I would remember that former Governor Segun Oni started the free meal programme in Ekiti State and that the credit for that can never be given to me by the posterity.

No doubt, those programmes are rewarding and should be encouraged to continue.

If I were Your Excellency, I would think of being the first to establish computer market in Ekiti, the one to build the first ultra modern market, and the one to construct the first dual carriage road in the state.

But I would realise that Former Governor Fayose had already taken credit for all that. Nothing can take the credits for those projects away from Fayose either he goes to jail or not.

A good fountain of wisdom around your political family is that of your deputy, Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi. while he was the chairman of his home local government, Ado-Ekiti, he addressed the hot demand of his people at that time by building for them a market.

And till now that market has continued to bear Oja iBisi(Bisi Market) despite attempts by his political adversaries to de-immortize him by changing the name.

Who can tell? if Egbeyemi had not used that market to sustain his political relevance through his own 10 years of political lacuna, you might not have appreciated his political value and make him your deputy.

So if I were you, I wouldn't want Chief David Adesua to take credit for what I have all opportunities to achieve during this tenure when he takes over as governor in 2022.

I would therefore accept the truth that the number one thing to call unfinished business as far as the legitimate streets assemblies are concerned is the establishment of the first airport in Ado-Ekiti.

The project was expected to have started during your first tenure in office but it was widely speculated by many people to have failed due to your negligence and lack of political willl.

Aside its glaring economic values to the people, the establishment of the airport in Ekiti State will stop undue stopover at the neighbouring Ondo state for travellers whose destination is Ekiti State.

A rigmarole which entails receiving Ekiti guests at the Akure Airport before boarding another vehicle through a labyrinthine of Akure/Ado-Ekiti road for about another one hour is too ridiculous.

Thank God, you have the second chance now. The ball is in your court again, this time in good measure.

Your Excellency, You have the time, the access to the required facility, you have the connection.

Based on your influence in the current federal government, a sum of at least N3b should not be too difficult for you to mobilise and start with an airstrip for small cabin aircrafts.

With the magnitude of your connection at the local government level, the state level, the federal level and the international level, if you fail in this regard this time around Ekiti history will not be friendly with your name.

The worst part of it is that you may realise your mistake after leaving office. And the moment that happens, Your Excellency may find it extremely difficult even to forgive yourself.

As I continue to wish you the best in your tenure, I would be too happy if you can heed my advice by favouring my suggestion.
It should be remembered that stumbling twice over the same stone is a proverbial disgrace.

My regards to your courageous, supportive, amiable and forward looking wife, Erelu BamBam!

Thanks.

Ayodele David-Adesua

(the DA Ekiti governorship candidate, 2018 & the House of Assembly candidate, Ikole constituency 1, 2019)

http://revue.com.ng/letter-to-fayemi-never-forget-to-finish-the-unfinished-business-this-time-ayodele-david-adesua/

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by OEPHIUS(m): 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
"THE MAN DAVID":
AYODELE DAVID-ADESUA was born on the 13th of December 1973 at Ijesa Isu Ekiti in Ekiti state,Nigeria to the family of Mr and Mrs James Adesua. His father Mr James Adesua of blessed memory was a retired soldier while his mother Mrs Comfort Adesua is a trader.

He attended Hosanna African Church primary school 2 Ijesa Isu Ekiti,Ekiti state where he was selected as the school head boy between 1986/87 session ,comprehensive High School,Ijesa Isu Ekiti, where he was selected as the senior prefect JSS campus (oloja-ase)between 1988/89 session.

He was at various times class captain both at the primary and secondary schools. He moved to lagos Nigeria for his post secondary and tertiary education. He attended Lagos State university(LASU) where he obtained a degree in Industrial Relations and personnel management. He obtained a certificate in Conflict Resolution and Management from A.A.Management Training and consultancy London, United kingdom.

Ayodele David-Adesua is a philanthropist who believes in the creation and equitable distribution of wealth. He has tenaciously held on to the words of Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919) the Scottish born American industrialist that "surplus wealth is a sacred trust which its possessor is bound to administer in his life time for the good of the community". As a result,David has been at the vanguard of creating opportunities for people to be self reliant through various empowerment and entrepreneur programs.

His passion for humanity is ardent, his love for Ekiti state and his kinsmen unrivalled. His determination to see everyone,particularly the youth around him succed,recently earned him the chieftaincy title of Baba ewe of Ijesa Isu Ekiti and also Baba ewe ijo African Church cathedral Ijesa Isu Ekiti. Just like a manufacturer of products,David believes in making people. He gives people the proverbial fish as well as teaching them how to fish.

He has a special ministry for helping. He helps willingly and gives generously such that everyone that comes around him is always blessed. He is a proponent of religious tolerance and does not miss any opportunity to bless faithfuls of other religion. David enjoys taking responsibility by shaping people's condition and making their concerns his own. Everything about David is about people,people and people.

David is an Entrepreneur with expertise in property brokerage and security consultancy with over 50 employees. He is the president of Distinct Empowerment Foundation. David has a transformation agenda for EKITI STATE and he is presently the candidate of Democratic Alternative(DA) in the forthcoming Ekiti State House of Assembly election slated for February 2019. David is above all God fearing. He is married with lovely children.

Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by OgaGist: 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by tolulope1990(m): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
Which business he begin before...
Abi nah that planting of flower with billions of naira [color=#990000][/color]?
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by chibike69: 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
T
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by BubuZombi: 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
F
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by cnnamoko(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Why the man resemble LIGHTS OUT
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by IME1: 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by NothingDoMe: 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
Probably looking for his share

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by LadySarah: 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
Muncho puncho
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:06am On Oct 31, 2018
Lagos no go spoil

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by Built2last: 12:23am On Oct 31, 2018
This guy is mentally unstable.

Anytime he came to my office, he was with Halogen security as ADC. All of us wondered why to date.
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by Navalsadiq(m): 12:49am On Oct 31, 2018
These man black and handsome sha
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by umarsule885(m): 1:31am On Oct 31, 2018
Navalsadiq:
These man black and handsome sha
if you wanna say anything like this you say NO HOMO...if not that's Gay # BOONDOCKS SEASON ���
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by Mankosi: 3:40am On Oct 31, 2018
Who's he please?
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by EyezofGod120: 3:56am On Oct 31, 2018
ehhh see his head like say dem join two wrap of fufu together!!!! two step
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by MVLOX(m): 4:09am On Oct 31, 2018
who get the summary
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by Justine2Sweet: 4:21am On Oct 31, 2018
MVLOX:
who get the summary
grin

Study In Canada For Free - University Of Ottawa Fullfunded International Student Scholarship

Apply Now: http://studydegreehq..com/2018/09/university-ottawa-experience-scholarships.html
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by fasho01(m): 6:27am On Oct 31, 2018
Philanthropist, yet asking for support with an account number? His ambition is as ugly as the man himself..
Re: Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua by DisGuy: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2018
Fayemi is too bookish imo. He should be in the engine room formulating policies than leading a team. His works are too slow for a country/people that need things moving!

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Cars Burnt As APC Thugs Clash With Igbo Traders At Dei Dei Market, Abu / Meet Atiku Abubakar Body Guard, Not Known By To Many. / Tinubu In French Airport Admiring His $38 Million Falcon VP-CBT Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.