Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition (39856 Views)

Which Governor Wins The All-time Award Of The Highest Looter Since 1999? / Sanwo-Olu’s Wife Receives One-Day Lagos Governor (Photos) / Accolades As Kwara Governor Wins Another First In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by OgaGist: 5:03am On Oct 31, 2018
A 14-year-old barber’s daughter, Miss. Gloria Ajala yesterday, emerged the One-day Governor after winning the 2018 Spelling Bee competition.

She is a secondary school 3 student of Lafiaji Senior High School, Lagos Island and she would perform the pseudo-role of the governor of the state at a yet- to- be announced date before the end of this year alongside his cabinet members.

Gloria, whose mother is a petty trader, defeated Ikhariale Grace of Tin Can Island Senior High School, Tolu and Akinbodewa Oluwatosin of Iworo Ajido Senior Secondary School, Olorunda who took the second and third positions respectively.

A total of 17 One-Day Governors have been produced so far in the history of the competition, which was initiated by Senator Oluremi Tinubu, when her husband was the governor of the state.

Speaking with Vanguard, Gloria described her victory as reward for hard work and commitment, saying,

“I read several books to prepare myself for the competition.”

By the achievement, Grace, like her predecessors, would enjoy a full scholarship to study in the university of choice and would also attend a short course exchange programme in Finland.

News via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/barbers-daughter-emerges-one-day-lagos-state-governor-photo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by OgaGist: 5:03am On Oct 31, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Kingpee2(m): 5:42am On Oct 31, 2018
Kudos kid,you just made a name for yourself ...

116 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by ican2020: 6:01am On Oct 31, 2018
good one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by ikorodureporta: 6:01am On Oct 31, 2018
But I hear danfo driver's daughter...... like say no be person sef

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by pode(m): 6:16am On Oct 31, 2018
God bless her

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 31, 2018
Congrats
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by princemillla(m): 7:05am On Oct 31, 2018
What happen to those cinema going and cold stone ice cream burger eating kids

Kudos u just made every penny of ur parent worth!

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2018
Why she no loot her own share of the economy angry

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:05am On Oct 31, 2018
Just imagine Barber’s daughter

Some barber in America can buy the whole Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by kriskristyne(f): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2018
Good girl kiss
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2018
ok. Governor? Can they pay her the daily salary and other bonuses of a Governor?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by MobileGees: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2018
Just imagine I could get the chance to become a day governor

I go declare state of emergency for the state

embezzle billions of naira of Lagos funds to share to the masses grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by MoMercyDada(m): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2018
Good way to go girl
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by newproject(m): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2018
Good for him
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by okerekeikpo: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2018
Why did the afonja pay the other afonja just 250k? A whole governor o chai

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Crystalline(f): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2018
U go gurl...big congratulations.
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by younglleo: 7:07am On Oct 31, 2018
All dis rubbish must stop by next year..! angry
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Pamtoye(m): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2018
waoh....1 day governor ke? I swear if na me i no fit poor again 4 my life......DAT 1 day can change a lot of things mo....1 day @ Ikeja govt house with all d advantages and security details a sitting Governor gets....its just waoh!!!But y does diz only exist in Lagos state alone.....Diz idea should be initiated in other states also...but I don't think mere spelling bee should be d criteria at all....Normal academic subjects should be introduced also!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Mccullum: 7:07am On Oct 31, 2018
Good achievements and reward of hard work.
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by catwalq(f): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2018
I think the contest is only open to public schools in Lagos state.
Not sure though

4 Likes

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by talk2rotman(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2018
ur background is not a determinant at times....kudos kid

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by catwalq(f): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2018
princemillla:
What happen to those cinema going and cold stone ice cream burger eating kids

Kudos u just made every penny of ur parent worth!
catwalq:
I think the contest is only open to public schools in Lagos state.
Not sure though
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by mach7(m): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2018
No matter your level, your talent will make you stand out. Kudos to her, she should remain level headed as this is just the beginning!

Looking forward to the photos of her serving as 'one day governor'.

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by OboOlora(f): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2018
If they leave this guy to contest against Jimi Agbaje, baba go still lose.
Baba think say Lagos state government na PSN

8 Likes

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by officialJP(m): 7:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Can she loot money if yes she should just do as our leaders use to do for that one day cause if am the one heaven will hear my .,.......
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by Justine2Sweet: 7:12am On Oct 31, 2018
The reason why i so much love the west.

If you got it upstairs, nah scholarship go dey rush you

1 Like

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by fasho01(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2018
Eeyaa.. At least reduce the burden of her education on her parents and set a good path for herself. Congrats..

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by bewla(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2018
ikorodureporta:
But I hear danfo driver's daughter...... like say no be person sef
barber or danfo
Re: Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition by dona2us(m): 7:17am On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks you for being a blessing to your home

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hamza Al-Mustapha To Be Named Next NSCDC Boss - Guardian / Senator Nwaogu Dumps PDP For APC, Says Party Has Lost Focus / Fayose Quenching Fire At Phenrose Filling Station After Stopping His Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.