Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

2019: Igbos Will Vote For President Buhari In 2019 - Imo Monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Igbos Will Vote For President Buhari In 2019 - Imo Monarch (256 Views)

Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency / Okorocha: Igbos Will Get Nothing In Buhari’s Second Term For Not Voting For PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Igbos Will Vote For President Buhari In 2019 - Imo Monarch by dotcodotuk: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
- President Muhammadu Buhari will get the support of Igbos in the 2019 general elections, a prominent Igbo monarch, Eze (Dr.) Oliver Ohanwe, has said
- Ohanwe said voting Buhari is the best guarantee for the emergence of an Igbo president in 2023
- He lauded Buhari’s economic revolution
National vice chairman Christian Royal Fathers of Nigeria, Eze (Dr.) Oliver Ohanwe, Obi Gburugburu Ihim, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari not to worry about Igbo votes in the 2019 presidential election.
Eze Ohanwe, a member south-east council of royal fathers, assured the president that the people of south-east will vote massively for him in the election.

Eze Ohanwe, who is also the traditional ruler of Ihim autonomous community in Isiala Mbano local government area of Imo state, said that the entire Igboland are in agreement that voting Buhari is the best guarantee for the emergence of an Igbo president in 2023.

Speaking to Daily Trust, the monarch said he has been mobilising other traditional rulers and key stakeholders in Igboland that Buhari is the way to go in 2019.

His words: “This is one of the projects I am convinced with and I am pursuing it with all vigour and sincerity because as a foremost traditional ruler in the south-east, I am committed to it because I know it is the best project for Ndigbo now.”
The monarch also said one single term is not enough for President Buhari to achieve tangible developmental objectives.

“I agree with the president that you cannot achieve much under four years considering what he met on the ground. If his first four years is used for building, the second term will be used to consolidate on the achievements of the first and I believe Mr. President is a man of honour who will deliver on his promises,” he said.

Eze Ohanwe lauded what he described as Buhari’s economic revolution, especially in the agricultural sector, saying that his policy on rice production has led to food sufficiency in that sector.
“We have now put importation of rice behind us and we now have rice that compete favourably with the imported ones,” he added.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Going On In Kaduna State? / Minimum Wage: Conciliation Resumes Sunday — Ngige / Ondo Unveils Art Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.