Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World (12736 Views)

Blind Date Gone Wrong: See How Girl Lost Out On Potential Suitor Because Of... / Black American Girl Inlove With Igbo Man HELP!!! / Sweet American Girl Burst Twitter Within Two Seconds When Twerking To Wizkid Ghe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2018
vingeophysicist:
my dear you will not understand. You can work really hard here and at the end you can't really feed.
Go and research a story of a Nigerian man that was repatriated from Libya he said Libyan at war is far better than Nigerian at peace.
We are suffering here unless you are from the ruling class.you don't need to blame him.

sad even with going to school?? I just figured if he could afford school then maybe he wasn’t extremely poor if that makes sense. He wears more name brand than I do lol...which he did say most of its fake because I guess it’s easy to reproduce fake name brand clothing there?? Sigh...idk. I really dig the kid though.

Time will tell...

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Benscolari: 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fe2018:

If I tell him I posted this...he will likely loose his mind and be super upset because it’s a sign of me not trusting him completely and that’s what he wants is for me to let my guard down and trust him. Buuuut it’s hard.

I’ll definitely be careful with who I interact with on here though. It’s nice to see others thoughts but I posted this knowing the internet is a dangerous place to seek advice lol
Op is just a local G-boy from Warri grin
At the bolded; an American can NEVER use loose instead of lose in this context. Only non natives makes the mistake of misusing LOOSE FOR LOSE. LOOSE :not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
While LOSE means :
be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).(Obviously your fake boyfriend is losing his mind)
Believe this keyboard warrior at your own peril! angry
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
Benscolari:
Op is just a local G-boy from Warri grin
At the bolded; an American can NEVER use loose instead of lose in this context. Only non natives makes the mistake of misusing LOOSE FOR LOSE. LOOSE :not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
While LOSE means :
be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).(Obviously your fake boyfriend is losing his mind)
Believe this keyboard warrior at your own peril! angry
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS

Lol seriously That’s what makes me fake...using loose vs lose. Haha mkay. Either way. Doubt I’d waste this much time and energy to be fake sir! And EVEN if you feel that way...why take the time to reply?? ::insert eye roll:: I’m sure I made other grammatical errors too...ya just didn’t catch them English teacher::insert second eye roll::

AGAIN...Thanks to those who have been willing to offer useful advice.
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Benscolari: 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
#Maga go soon pay wink
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS
Fe2018:

Lol seriously That’s what makes me fake...using loose vs lose. Haha mkay. Either way. Doubt I’d waste this much time and energy to be fake sir! And EVEN if you feel that way...why take the time to reply?? ::insert eye roll:: I’m sure I made other grammatical errors too...ya just didn’t catch them English teacher::insert second eye roll::

AGAIN...Thanks to those who have been willing to offer useful advice.

2 Likes

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by hardcore007: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
Ire2:

Oboi na WA for you o. Weiten make you they spoil the girl mind na? All these devilish attitude make una try stop am for this nairaland. Imagine if your fellow guy man tell your girl this kind thing about you. How you go feel? undecided
Baba you get sense abeg, that guy na ode.

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by musicwriter(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fe2018:

If I tell him I posted this...he will likely loose his mind and be super upset because it’s a sign of me not trusting him completely and that’s what he wants is for me to let my guard down and trust him. Buuuut it’s hard.

I’ll definitely be careful with who I interact with on here though. It’s nice to see others thoughts but I posted this knowing the internet is a dangerous place to seek advice lol

If they offer you a job don't accept it.

If they want to send you a cheque, don't accept it, not even to cash it.

If they want to wire money to your account don't accept it.

If they want you receive a mailed package, don't accept it.

If they want your ID, SSN, DOB, TIN, for whatever reason, don't share it.

You've been warned.

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by donoro(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Na someone hustle una dey spoil like this oo cheesy cheesy grin grin

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by samysmoothfresh: 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fe2018:

i have a friend who's into this whole scamming BS full time..........

And from your entire epistle, i'd say dude is either 60% genuine or he's a bold good scammer

reason why i say he probably is 60% genuine is cos he already broke the 1st, 3rd and 4th rules of "the online business" (yahoo)

rule #1: never reveal your identity to a "client"

rule #3: never make a video call with your client

rule #4: never give your real facebook details to your client (most times, facebook accounts are bought by these scammers to make things look real but i honestly dont think that's the case with your "Nigerian man" unless of course, he's a "bold" super intelligent scammer

in summary, there's a 60% chance he's sincere

if you wanna know more about yahoo in Nigeria and perhaps confirm if he's prolly ticked a box in the yahoo rule book, ask here smiley

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Robynwelo1(f): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
BEWARE! There are too many heartless youths here to fully trust one. He is still in college(yahoo boys' residence), there is very little he can offer you. Sooner or later you will know what I mean. Zero percent of Nigerian's date cross country not because of what they can gain. You can date a Nigerian in America who is not looking for a come up.

Him saying I love you, so soon, should tell you something. You are also 7 years older than him, my dear, just forget it! SCAM

2 Likes

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
Uglymugg:

I love Afri-Murican women. Were you able to 23 & me your linage to find out what part of Africa your parents/grand parents are from?

Imagine the twist if he turned out to be your cousin. Would make for a good Nigerian movie
cry cry cry

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Robynwelo1(f): 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

i have a friend who's into this whole scamming BS full time..........

And from your entire epistle, i'd say dude is either 60% genuine or he's a bold good scammer

reason why i say he probably is 60% genuine is cos he already broke the 1st, 3rd and 4th rules of "the online business" (yahoo)

rule #1: never reveal your identity to a "client"

rule #3: never make a video call with your client

rule #4: never give your real facebook details to your client (most times, facebook accounts are bought by these scammers to make things look real but i honestly dont think that's the case with your "Nigerian man" unless of course, he's a "bold" super intelligent scammer

in summary, there's a 60% chance he's sincere

if you wanna know more about yahoo in Nigeria and perhaps confirm if he's prolly ticked a box in the yahoo rule book, ask here smiley

You have not seen anything. He might not be an expert, but he doesn't have good intentions. They toy with your heart, but you start falling for them and their lies. What I'm concerned for is the OP's emotions, he does not genuinely love her, he wants something.

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fe2018:

Since you...and others think it’s so funny can you explain to me WHY men would choose to “hustle” this way? By preying on someone’s desire to find a help mate? Is that not cruel? Could life be that bad you would exploit someone’s emotions for a dollar?

I’m just wondering where the mindset comes from and why men who choose to do this think it’s okay??
u urself have have doubt in ur heart so that means he might not be genuine.u said he"s 23 and u are 31.that age gap is a bit too wide o.why not try an older nigerian guy.
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by ManIzHot: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
humm I will be following this thread kingly
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by rex444(m): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
Its easy to brand certain nationality con men,forgetting the true origin of d word. Nigeria being a failed nation due to greedy politicking is enough to push one to certain feats,dont just run into conclusion and call names, find out d reason why. Love is a give and take thing, don't fail to give whdn u can even real relationships end up a disaster even marriages . if ur mind says go ahead,follow that
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fe2018:
Obviously...I don’t think he’s dating me for my money because I have none lol and he knows that. But even though I sense a little meaness in your post...I appreciate it. Sometimes we need people to tell us how stupid we sound.

He isn't dating you for your money, he is doing it for the green card. He invites you to Nigeria to get married to him, you work with the immigration so you can get your husband over. When he finally sets his feet on the American soil, he stays married for a while probably 3-4 years, boom a divorce or he disappears. Well, I'm 31, if you looking for someone of the same age.

Another scenario, like it stated above perhaps he trying to use to pull his internet scheme, get money, package, a cheque from someone putting you at risk.

If I may ask, what dating site did you guys meet?

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by AlPeter: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2018
EVILFOREST:
How can LUCIFER be relocated to the US from NIGERIA....?? GOD forbid. HELL is your portion, remain there grin grin grin
lol.... dude where are you calling hell?
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by samysmoothfresh: 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
Robynwelo1:

You have not seen anything. He might not be an expert, but he doesn't have good intentions. They toil with your heart, you start falling for them and their lies. What I'm concerned for is the OP's emotions, he does not genuinely love her, he wants something.

but what could that "something" be............any ideas?
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2018
lefulefu:

u urself have have doubt in ur heart so that means he might not be genuine.u said he"s 23 and u are 31.that age gap is a bit too wide o.why not try an older nigerian guy.

If an older Nigerian guy had been the one to message me then perhaps I would have. I had no intentions of dating anyone internationally but this just happened. 1) for some reason I never asked his age when we initially began talking. He didn’t look as young as he is. 2) Age is the least of my concern.

In conclusion...you’re right. Doubt in itself is a reason to believe he’s not being genuine. ::shrugs:: idk. I’ll just let things play out, rebuild my inner wall and try not to dwell on the situation much.
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Demogorgon(m): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
I don't believe this Fe2018.
Clear my doubts. Post a picture of you holding a piece of paper with 'I AM FE2018' boldly written on it.

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
BiggyB242:

He isn't dating you for your money, he is doing it for the green card. He invites you to Nigeria to get married to him, you work with the immigration so you can get your husband over. When he finally sets his feet on the American soil, he stays married for a while probably 3-4 years, boom a divorce or he disappears. Well, I'm 31, if you looking for someone of the same age.

Another scenario, like it stated above perhaps he trying to use to pull his internet scheme, get money, package, a cheque from someone putting you at risk.

If I may ask, what dating site did you guys meet?

Lol he’s my quota. If it doesn’t work with him I doubt I’ll ever attempt this type of dating again.

That just seems like so much work just to pull off a scam for a green card.
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
Demogorgon:
I don't believe this Fe2018.
Clear my doubts. Post a picture of you holding a piece of paper with 'I AM FE2018' boldly written on it.

Lol blah! I wonder why people with negative things to say even bother to comment? Guess someone has to keep it interesting.

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Uglymugg: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
lefulefu:

cry cry cry
lol what did i type wrongly?
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Uglymugg: 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
BiggyB242:

Well, I'm 31, if you looking for someone of the same age.

Please kill yourself. Wow! Nigerians are very wicked people.

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Uglymugg: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fe2018:

Lol he’s my quota. If it doesn’t work with him I doubt I’ll ever attempt this type of dating again.

That just seems like so much work just to pull off a scam for a green card.

I can tell you're gradually getting convinced due to the answers you getting here. But I'll advise you to go back and read admin401's post, so you can snap back to reality.

2 Likes

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fe2018:

If an older Nigerian guy had been the one to message me then perhaps I would have. I had no intentions of dating anyone internationally but this just happened. 1) for some reason I never asked his age when we initially began talking. He didn’t look as young as he is. 2) Age is the least of my concern.

In conclusion...you’re right. Doubt in itself is a reason to believe he’s not being genuine. ::shrugs:: idk. I’ll just let things play out, rebuild my inner wall and try not to dwell on the situation much.
just play along and dont so much dwell on the issuecheesy. If he truely likes u u will know and if its otherwise u will also know.

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
Uglymugg:
lol what did i type wrongly?
no mind me jorcheesy
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2018
I only am gonna pity the poor guy. First, he was unlucky to come from a shiihole country like Nigeria ; second, he's gon have to date an American lady whom after everything works out (perhaps) would later file a divorce letter and scam the guy of his whole hard earned property.

Lol, just joking! grin

On a serious note, we Nigerians equally fear American women as you might fear us. No one is safe and no where is safe. My advice is for you is to take it easy with him. Be patient and don't make it look like you're being too suspicious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by khiaa(f): 12:48am On Nov 02, 2018
ak475:
He might not be after your money, what he's after is an opportunity to leave Nigeria and legally stay wherever you are for good. Then he'll forget about you!

Alezy, this scares me. lipsrsealed
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 02, 2018
The response I received on my post has been overwhelming and unexpected. Thanks to everyone who took the time to give positive and encouraging words. I think posting this has helped to see if I care for him I’ll give him the chance he deserves if he’s not giving me any reason not trust him and give him that chance. Perhaps it was fate for me and him to meet no matter the ultimate outcome. Anyway. My complicated yet beautiful love story is to be continued.

I guess there isn’t really a way to shut a thread down so maybe I’ll update when I’ve traveled to Nigeria and married my King grin smiley tongue

PS...I did tell him I posted on here because I’m chicken and well I don’t believe in secrets. He’s a little upset but kiiiiiiiind of understands Lol thanks again Nariland peeps.

1 Like

Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by khiaa(f): 1:22am On Nov 02, 2018
Fe2018:

Lol ummmm...we are good in that aspect...my people are from Jamaica. wink

Your people aren't originally from Jamaica. undecided
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by Obas101(m): 1:29am On Nov 02, 2018
your picture..let us access you undecided
Re: American Girl Lost In A Nigerian World by khiaa(f): 1:58am On Nov 02, 2018
Fe2018:

If I tell him I posted this...he will likely loose his mind and be super upset because it’s a sign of me not trusting him completely and that’s what[b] he wants is for me to let my guard down and trust him. Buuuut it’s hard. [/b]

At the embolden. I know exactly what you mean, I'm American as well and I am having trust issues. Sorry, Alezy, it's not you, it's me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? / Cooking, Sex Or Good Character For Your Woman? / The First 3 Words You See In This Picture Are Your Reality [PIC]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.