Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,193 members, 7,780,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms (15574 Views)

Whatsapp Will Now Let You Add Up To 512 People To A Group (Photo) / Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 / Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by talk2hb1(m): 9:18am On Nov 01, 2018
Abeg lemme go and compile my own private chat application, if you need to chat with me you can chat me up on my website.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Ogaga87(m): 9:19am On Nov 01, 2018
I'm going to apply for whapExit... Rubbish!
I'm yet to recover from the STATUS issue, they are bringing this one again..
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2018
Who send them?
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by ibietela2(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2018
How do you want WhatsApp to pay developers and servers?
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Before nko?.

Is business not about making money.
but WhatsApp won't make sense if ads is included. Cos it will be so annoying. Why Zuckerberg
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2018
uriris:
Lazy and ungrateful people everywhere. Like u people are paying for the service u r enjoying. If u don't like it, don't use it and move on to another platform. Same way some people have been crying that YouTube advert is too much.
If they don't do advert, how do u expect them to balance their running costs.
U will just come online and be shouting mining data. Which data u get wey person wan mine. Rubbish up and down. smiley

Are you ok? Nha free I deh get data abi

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 01, 2018
QueenBelle:
all this is to the detriment of our hard earned data
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by lohresloco: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2018
falcon01:
after years of WhatsApp, it's time to move on.
telegram is way better than it sef

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by ibietela2(m): 9:29am On Nov 01, 2018
Blyzz:
but WhatsApp won't make sense if ads is included. Cos it will be so annoying. Why Zuckerberg

How do they keep it running?
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by lastempero: 9:30am On Nov 01, 2018
The nonsense they are doing with facebook now that makes it boring.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by falcon01: 9:37am On Nov 01, 2018
lohresloco:
telegram is way better than it sef
been on it since 2013.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by PedroNascimento: 9:37am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Ximonak: 9:41am On Nov 01, 2018
more data draining added to its features again.
I know whatsapp ads will be compulsory except you pay for premium.
This was the reason the original owners left some months ago because it was against the contract signed.

Telegram security - far better than whatsapp
you don't need to give out your personal number to add some on telegram (username solves it), that's what I loved about BBM then.
Sending larger files + telegram acts like a cloud system you save chats, links, apps, files in your telegram (cloud) and download anytime / device you like later
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by ChimuchiYola(f): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2018
JeffreyJames:
It's about time lol.

They've also introduced WhatsApp Stickers in the latest update.

Nigerian Graphics Designers, it time to make money oooo. Create WhatsApp Stickers Nigerians can relate to and sell on play store for ₦100. (imagine having 1million downloads) shocked

Just like BBM ...just that WhatsApp is a bigger market.

I love that idea of creating whatsapp stickers which Nigerians can relate with.

But please Where can I find the stickers on my whatsapp??
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by ddjay: 9:45am On Nov 01, 2018
then we won't update to that version, and if updated by mistake,then download the previous version
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by barragan: 9:49am On Nov 01, 2018
People are funny! We've been using this service for free and they just want some compensation for their work and we are complaining? I'm sure those talking against this don't know how difficult it is to write a line of code. Smh. And a lot of us spend half of our time on WhatsApp anyway. If they ask us to pay a monthly subscription, I will pay. It's an extremely useful app.

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by henryobinna(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2018
psychologist:
If only the likes of telegram can up their game sad

Nothing annoys me more than an [b]unsolicited a[/b]dd
Do you ever solicit for ads?

Y'all should close your mouth or open your own real time messenger app and use it with your friends, you think it's easy to run such a massive app and maintain it? if you had read a littler ealier, Koum and his co founder were about dumping the app or somehow sell it cos they're not able to maintain it financially despite a couple people were paying $1 yearly then. Now nobody pays, hwo then would they run the system and business? any business that isn't able to fend for it's self is bad business and waste of time and money.

If you want to know hoe this goes, go open a site and run it for years maintaining it and all that without ads or anyother form monetization, then your opinion would change

For me they can introduce ads but not make it intrusive

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by henryobinna(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2018
barragan:
People are funny! We've been using this service for free and they just want some compensation for their work and we are complaining? I'm sure those talking against this don't know how difficult it is to write a line of code. Smh. And a lot of us spend half of our time on WhatsApp anyway. If they ask us to pay a monthly subscription, I will pay. It's an extremely useful app.
exactly!
Even me then was about paying the $1 fee then just that before it's time for renewal they automatically renew it so I don't get opportunity to show appreciation.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by kenchop: 10:03am On Nov 01, 2018
Reediano:

https://www.yomitech.com/2018/11/whatsapp-will-start-showing-ads-soon.html
Its a business, they have the right to make profit.

for your largest low-voltage electrical equipment such as ABB, SCHNEIDER Electric, LEGRAND Electrical equipments in Nigeria, view my signature. Tnx
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by toideve(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2018
No problem, GBWhatsapp would surely find a way to remove the ad.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Hungarriman: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2018
uriris:
Lazy and ungrateful people everywhere. Like u people are paying for the service u r enjoying. If u don't like it, don't use it and move on to another platform. Same way some people have been crying that YouTube advert is too much.
U will just come online and be shouting mining data. Which data u get wey person wan mine. Rubbish up and down. smiley
Hahaha, Baba haf vex ooo.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2018
On the status tab. Thank God say i no dey even go near there. My status has been thesame since time immemorial
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by JeffreyJames(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2018
ChimuchiYola:

I love that idea of creating whatsapp stickers which Nigerians can relate with.

But please Where can I find the stickers on my whatsapp??

I don't think it's available for Global users yet. But they can see it if Beta Testers send to them.

It's beside the "GIF" and Emoji tab

Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by JeffreyJames(m): 10:36am On Nov 01, 2018
Blyzz:

Many people thought Status won't make sense on WhatsApp, guess what? Many people use it to advertise their products while some people are a nuisance on it. But last last, everybody has gotten used to it. Same thing would happen to with he Ads.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by JeffreyJames(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2018
uriris:

Guy you're spot on.. if people dey cry "Data Mining" Nigerians sef go dey draw voice lol. Which data una get wey them wan mine.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by ladman(m): 10:41am On Nov 01, 2018
I am surprised that some people are complay aboit adding ads to whatsapp. It's a business and they are looking for profits. I only hope the ads won't be too much.

I won't stop using whatsapp.
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by ladman(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2018
MICHEALADEX:

Are you ok? Nha free I deh get data abi

You dey pay WhatsApp with your data?
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by dangoteinlaw: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2018
Well if businesses like banks, loan companies, law enforcement and even big agencies can incorporate WhatsApp into their services then I see no reason why the original creatoe shouldn't make profit off it too. Js
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Prodeegee(m): 11:18am On Nov 01, 2018
So all the "why we don't show ads" was a scam
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 01, 2018
BarryX:
The business end of WhatsApp is gradually coming out. Actually, WhatsApp is about the only sane App out there, Adding Ads though
Whatsapp is one of the sans app out there
Re: Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2018
psychologist:
If only the likes of telegram can up their game sad

Nothing annoys me more than an unsolicited add
What do you want telegram to add?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Buying Gionee Phones / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / How-to-format/reset-your-android- Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.