Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:48 AM

What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? - Gaming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? (16985 Views)

What Is Scariest Game You Have Ever Played? / What Is The Most Difficult Game You Played? / What Is The Longest Video Game You Have Played? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by TodyEnts(m): 5:54am On Nov 15, 2018
I played BBALL on desktop computer using keyboard in the year 1994. Then Dangerous Dave, also 1994

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by LucemFerre: 5:59am On Nov 15, 2018
TruthHurts100:
lol. Where did you get this?

Google. I used to have the game on my android, emulated.
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by naptu2: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2018
Do you remember this?

7up Pac Man advert (1982).

(There's a slight difference between this and the one that was shown in Nigeria. In the one shown in Nigeria, they showed the guy that was playing the game at the end).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOZprMzwzfI
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 6:11am On Nov 15, 2018
Mine was pac man on desktop system 1996 or so I watch my senior bros pay Mario on Super nitendo but the game the got me hooked was mortal kombat on sega mega drive 2 that was at Syken shop at ebute metta and since then I have played and owned every single console Sega,family com , the keyboard type the terminator own polystation , vcd game , nitendo 64 , game cube ,dream cast , ps1 and two I just smile now cos Nigeria hustle would just humble you I don’t even watch TV anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by aim14(f): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2018
Super Mario, mortal combat
Hehehe brutality �
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Pelumar(m): 8:21am On Nov 15, 2018
LucemFerre:
Mine is between Super Mario Bros and Street Fighter II Can't clearly remember
winning eleven 96 on ps1 and wwf 95 i love them then..(reminicing the past)
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Slimzain: 8:55am On Nov 15, 2018
Prince of Persia 1994/1995
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by thaoriginator: 8:57am On Nov 15, 2018
Tokziby:

wink correct... That mario get wings and very Behind with unlimited coins and the stages plenty die!!!
No be wings lol, na tail we dey make am fly. The worlds/stages plenty well by me don finish am..

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by efeski(m): 9:13am On Nov 15, 2018
Pitfall on Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by blingxx(m): 10:09am On Nov 15, 2018
sonic ,mortal combat,back in the days of sega
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by blingxx(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2018
aim14:
Super Mario, mortal combat Hehehe brutality �
on sega abi grin
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by sheffy87: 10:37am On Nov 15, 2018
alladen, contra, Mickey Mouse on Sega mega drive,,international super star soccer deluxe mortal kombat,,first of all SUPER MARIO on family con!!!! good old days 1994 -1995
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by bigboa: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2018
naptu2:
1) On Binatone = Tennis

Bro, you're a true legend. My Pops had the binatone game and that was the first I ever saw (86) and played before Shadow knights and Dangerous Dave (93).
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by bigboa: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2018
thaoriginator:
I graduated from Battle City to Bomber Man to Super Mario Bros.

My food money for school Na there e dey go.

And then SEGA came out, got me all bleeped up. I will go there and play Mortal Kombat all day, till 11pm before I go remember say house dey.

Just when we thought it was over, boom! Nintendo hit us with their own game tech. Double Dragon I play that game like no tomorrow. Power Rangers was the bomb. We then became addicted to Konami Super Star Soccer, that's when I fell in love with any soccer vid game. Killer instinct was another bad ass game. We use buy magazines to learn players move combo.

Who knows a place called Payless, they have Playless1, 2 & 3, all in Victoria Island. They was the bomb that year in the 90s, they had all kinda games in there from SEGA to Nintendo all over the places Gadem. You need see how guys use to mob the place, we use to buy playing time, 1hr for 20naira. If you have 200naira that means you have 10hrs of game playing time. Dope!

Men I need to write a book about those years. Good ol memories. I never talk about Play station o..

PS: Donkey Kong grin Mario Yoshi smiley Sonic and the Hedgehog grin.

Anyone who grew up in Ikeja environs would remember the arcade that was on Allen opposite Afribank then (96ish) before they moved to GRA opposite Country club. The new zone then was on Obafemi Awolowo way where they had mostly N64s.
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Tokziby: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2018
thaoriginator:
No be wings lol, na tail we dey make am fly. The worlds/stages plenty well by me don finish am..

super mario 3 is the one with tail (racoon costume) and its played on NES (nintendo)

while Super Mario World uses both cape and wings to fly and its played on SNES (Super nintendo). The wings is attached to Yoshi for flight.

wink

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by thaoriginator: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
Tokziby:

super mario 3 is the one with tail (racoon costume) and its played on NES (nintendo)

while Super Mario World uses both cape and wings to fly and its played on SNES (Super nintendo). The wings is attached to Yoshi for flight.

wink
Omo e don tey man don do forget nuff... You're very on point sir cool

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Xzydar(m): 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hmmm... I tink it was either mickey mouse or super mario
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Zhahovic(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
Jiang:

Video game bro not handheld
.. oh my bad!!!..it's super Mario then
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by tracyparker: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2018
I am the same. That is Super mario 63 in the series games of Mario available on freegame66

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Kaycee7(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
revolt:
Na so one guy say him papa buy am mk3 ultimate on NES . Lwkmd
What's funny about it?
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by PAQ(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2018
Joust & Qbert, on an Atari 2600 way back in 1986
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by GavinThompson: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Bloodborne was frustrating to me,everything handles well its just the save progress I hated,someone gave me the game for free and I gave it out for free,I bet it's in sambisa by now somebody dey use am fan.
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Emeka71(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
I can't even remember.
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by Tomamort: 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lately I'm more and more fond of games with an open world. For example I like Valheim, an open-world survival simulation game that will be released in 2021. I used to play Kenshi but I got bored with it and so I started looking for something new and found https://gameslikefallout.com/games-just-like-kenshi/. I can also add that the world of Valheim is generated procedurally for each new playthrough, so the geography of Valheim is never repeated.
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by leonamusement: 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
If so, check out the stylishly designed claw machine kit The Main and Secondary strength levels turn them on. It will be a good decision for you to acquire the most incredible claw-equipped payout-based machines. Even before dropping them, you can choose the price set with plenty of time using the claw machine. This improves the gamers’ perception of what they have almost worn. Children may demonstrate their talent, luck, and reactivity by winning redemption rewards in the game.
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by levbigboss: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2023
My first game was GTA Vice City. It was probably the best game for me. Now of course I don't play it, but it fondly reminds me of the times when we spent a lot of time sitting in front of the screen trying to complete every mission or escape from the chase. Time passed, but not much has changed, in fact, I still continue to play, only now in GTA 5, I like this part very much. Especially like kiddions mod menu that you can install. It is absolutely safe mod, which gives a certain advantage. With it, the game becomes easier and more fun.
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by bigboa: 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
First was the legendary PONG (1988-94)
Then Duck hunt and Dangerous Dave on PC (1990)
SF2 and TNMT on SNES (1991)
Then Batman on GameBoy (1992)
Then Shadow Knights, Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Prince of Persia on PC (1993/4)
etc
Re: What Was The First Video Game You Ever Played? by arnosinvest: 7:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Demolition Inc, though I have never played Mario

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is Your Secret Video Games Crush? / Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours / Help, PES 2015 Is Slow On My Laptop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.