Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her (50990 Views)

Lady Flogs Her Fiancé With Cane After She Caught Him Cheating (Video) / My Fiancé Mother Swear For Me After I Kicked Her Daughter Out Of My Life. / I Tested Her With A Small Slap Before Our Wedding And She Called It Off - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Ndipe(m): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
Is it by force for her to marry him after being disrespected by his mum? You dont treat human beings like that. All these silliness of testing your son's wife by seeing if she will wash your clothes, pack your plates after eating, sweep the floor (all these on the first introduction) is just disrespectful.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by yannis: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
OldBeer:
Go have convo with your ilk.
I am not interested.
Toodles.
LOL, a tactical way of saying, I know what I said don't apply to lots of people and it's fallacious but have to say it since it's sounds so good.
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by DexterousOne(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2018
safarigirl:
Nigerian men are always nicer and friendlier to foreign ladies and their mothers dare not turn into Patience Ozokwor with those ones.

Nigerian men have higher regard for foreign ladies more than Nigerian ladies and it all comes down to this see finish thing. The rubbish Nigerian men try with Nigerian women, they can NEVER do same to a foreign woman, especially a white one. The day I knew Nigerian men are putty in the hands of foreign women was when Mikel's baby mama said Mikel eats noodles with cold water for dinner sometimes. He would never eat such from a Nigerian woman.

Let foreign women chase Nigerian guys and let Nigerian women go for foreign guys since we prefer outsiders to each other

interesting perspective you got there.

I like ladies that still have some sense

But you are missing one VERY KEY dimension to this case...

And the dimension is that....

Just like how black single mothers spoilt their sons, and now they are a menace to the society, a lot of useless, misogynist men out there were trained that way BY THEIR OWN MOTHERS

The sense of entitlement in many cases were instilled by their mum.

The fact that they cannot do the chores, or take charge is also linked directly or indirectly to the MOTHER.

Who teaches her son that he is a prize, and that olderunmarried ladies are "evening newspaper undecided"

Most cases, it's his mother

Who taught the man that he is doing the lady a favour by marrying her, and the only criteria he deserves respect is that he is the man who saved her from the gallows of spinsterhood ?

And when he is grown, the WOMAN who will harass the unfortunate Lady who marries this misogynist IS STILL HIS MOTHER!

I hope you see where I'm coming from

The day Nigerian mum stop breeding entitled boys is the day that things will change (highly unlikely tho)

The upbringing style needs to change for both sexes for real change to come

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by OsuMustGo: 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2018
CharleyBright:

So in your tribe, the mothers are the ones that decides who their sons will marry?
Which tribe is that?
Am sure the son will always love and value the mom more than the wife.

I can guess the tribe.
Who opened this one's cage?
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by DexterousOne(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
franchasng:
I condemn such mundane test, it is so backward and mundane and it exposes the level of the family doing such primitive test and if I were a lady, I won't go ahead to marry a guy from such a primitive background because it will surely affect the success of the marriage.

Now to your foreign guys banta, I wonder if most of u ladies screaming team foreign guys have ever dated or been close to any foreign guy cos I am sure if u do, u will never think of marrying one unless frustration of watching yourself end up single forever pushes you to, which is what push most Nigerian ladies into marrying foreign men most times, though not always.

For example, American guys; the black American guys are horrible men! They only have dick to give nothing else!

They are gold diggers who target ladies in high paying jobs or fields to date and maybe impregnate and marry so she can be the one footing their bills while they lazy about cheating, if u doubt ask any close friend or family member u know living there.

White guys are erratic and hardly cope with black women unless the black woman is very rich or very docile to ignore their too many erratic actions.

I have worked with white men from various countries, so I know better, they are the biggest cheats, in fact they taught Nigerian guys how to cheat. They are the biggest pay magas to runs girls all over the world, hope u are ready

They are usually lazy and expect their woman to be the one spending on them. If they buy you a car worth 1million for instance, they expect u to buy them a private jet, and if they buy u a house, they expect u to buy them an island, hope u are ready for that

It is beyond what u watch on TV and read online, those that know know, wake up sis

A lot of Nigerian men are dead weight

Take that from me.

Black American men are even the worst undecided

As for white folks, it depends

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by jaxxy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
safarigirl:
who love help?

The boyfriend obviously has no respect or regard for her, else he should have stood up to his mother and told her his girl will not be treated like a $1 slave in a quest for some aluminium ring.

Women, never go for weak men that cower at their mothers. Go for a strong man who respects you and demands that you are respected by everyone around him. Do not go for a man that sits by and allows his mother drag you all over the floor in the name of test.

Hahaha@ who love help.

Ure right and I never said a gal shud be or even play slave to her mother Inlaw bt there’s smtn called 1st impression and courtesy. That’s what I’m talking about. She can come visting for the 1st time and not make an attempt to get along. It’s probably gona be a one off thingy.

Same wud apply to the guy if he was visting and say her dad was overbearing I believe in courtesy and 1st impression bt after that we get to understand ourselves and boundaries better.

Nobody is weak here based on my perspective trust me. I just won’t disrespect my host on such a peculiar visit that’s all. The outcome shud not affect their relationship negatively.

Sm other cases the parents may be nicer bt al this are all 1st impressions.
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by herolamy1: 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
Hedonini:
Any girl that is active on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Nairaland Romance Section (tongue out) is not a wife material, test or no test.

Who wants to marry these over-entitled, garrulous, narcissistic, vainglorious, and psychologically DAMAGED social media brats of nowadays? As a man, do so to your eternal detriment.

Just like my HOD
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by chris31(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2018
Hedonini:
Any girl that is active on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Nairaland Romance Section (tongue out) is not a wife material, test or no test.

Who wants to marry these over-entitled, garrulous, narcissistic, vainglorious, and psychologically DAMAGED social media brats of nowadays? As a man, do so to your eternal detriment.
Exactly
Expect only for business promotion
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Sterope(f): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
@The bolded,

Ate you talking about men raised by useless, weak, lazy excuse of a mother?

DexterousOne:

Just like how black single mothers spoilt their sons, and now they are a menace to the society, a lot of useless, misogynist men out there were trained that way BY THEIR OWN MOTHERS

The fact that they cannot do the chores, or take charge is also linked directly or indirectly to the MOTHER.

Who teaches her son that he is a prize, and that olderunmarried ladies are "evening newspaper undecided"

Who taught the man that he is doing the lady a favour by marrying her, and the only criteria he deserves respect is that he is the man who saved her from the gallows of spinsterhood ?

And when he is grown, the WOMAN who will harass the unfortunate Lady who marries this misogynist IS STILL HIS MOTHER!

The day Nigerian mum stop breeding entitled boys is the day that things will change (highly unlikely tho)

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by safarigirl(f): 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
DexterousOne:

i always maintain that women are the reason men are the way they are.

It is a woman that gives a man a general impression of women. That is why most of these ignorant guys, I fault the women around them and thise they have dated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by DexterousOne(m): 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2018
Sterope:
@The bolded,

Ate you talking about men raised by useless, weak, lazy excuse of a mother?
well....

that's one category of women tho..
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Chopwater: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
I don't believe dis story. No Africa parent wil treat their daughter in-law 2 be like dis, even when d family is poor. I still remembered d day my ex girl friend came 2 visit me, while i was still leaving with my mum at dat time . My ex came at d time my mum was cooking, even when my ex went 2 d kitchen to meet my mum. she refused her saying my ex is a guest, dat next time she wil cook bt not today. What suprises me most is when my mum served d meal for my ex nd i. instead of fish, i saw fried turkey inside d meal. I ask hw come abt d meat instead of d fish she used to cook d food. She told me, she bought d fried turkey cos we hav a guest in d house. What i'm trying to say is dat, when it comes to food Africa parent don't joke with it. especially when u are an inlaw. They serve u d best part.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gossipninja:
This trend of"Testing" a bride-to-be before marriage is currently the talk of the moment by Nigerian social media users, after a lady narrated how she went to her boyfriend's home and joined his mother to wash and cook goat meat only to later be given a meal without meat in it.

The tweet led to almost everyone sharing their opinion on social media and what they would do in a similar situation. Some called the lady out for not being humble enough to eat the meal without meat and they said it is a sign that she isn't a wife material. Others praised her for refusing to be disrespected.

Some have gone on to share their personal experiences with being tested before marriage.

Below is a Twitter user's experience with her boyfriend's mother.

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-lady-narrates-how-her-mother-in-law-tested-her-before-marriage/

This particular mother in law is foolishly silly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by galadima77(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
ednut1:
She called u and u still looked her in the eyes Twitter lies

hahahahahahahahaha how did you know it's a lie?
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by anigbajumo(m): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
pocohantas:
This is why I do not pity them when they are deceived into marriage by slayqueens. The average Naija guy is very predictable and foolish in all his wisdom.

Dress a certain way, talk a certain way, be dumb...pound akpu and you are wife material.

I spoke to a foreign based Nigerian guy and first set of questions he asked me were, what are your career goals, why are you in the sector you are in, your views on family...

Talk with a typical Naija guy and you will hear trash, nonsense!! "Submissive, cook, are you a virgin? when are you coming to my house"...

Any lady that is smart should build herself and associate with only the best of them here.

I guess ur views is based on the perspective u find urself, most of ur colleagues were empty headed which are only good in slaying arnd nd liter the social media with pictures.A reasonable guy won't ask u such question immediately he meet u,real men prefer career ladies than idle slay queen....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Sterope(f): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
That is the only category

DexterousOne:

well....

that's one category of women tho..

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by DexterousOne(m): 11:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
Sterope:
That is the only category

you sabi dem
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2018
I don't understand a thing about this story tbh
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by kodded(m): 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2018
safarigirl:
Team Foreign Guys forever.

When men go to their prospective in-laws, does the girl's father ask him to accompany them to the farm or fixa generator to know if he is husband material? But women should be involved in menial labour to prove they are wife material.

Marry into families that have sense, so that nobody's mother will abuse you in the name of test. This sort of thing can only be done by people that are mentally impoverished.

This is 2018, people should stop living in 1970.

The sad thing is that the dense folks supporting this trash are not willing to be in celibate relationships, if you want to follow the model that the older generation followed, follow in full.

lol I think you don't get the point, the said girl ditch the guy because he was broke and not because his family was treating her like a slave

....in other words, if his family was rich, the girl wouldn't have mind turning in a house help for them as long as the boy will put a ring on her finger
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by pocohantas(f): 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
anigbajumo:

I guess ur views is based on the perspective u find urself, most of ur colleagues were empty headed which are only good in slaying arnd nd liter the social media with pictures.A reasonable guy won't ask u such question immediately he meet u,real men prefer career ladies than idle slay queen....

MOST young NAIJA GUYS ARE IDLE UNREASONABLE SLAY KINGS. So, spare me the bullshit of my colleagues.

And yea, the girls are not any better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Ayobami7(m): 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
OK
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by ireneidiva(f): 2:25am On Nov 02, 2018
franchasng:
I condemn such mundane test, it is so backward and mundane and it exposes the level of the family doing such primitive test and if I were a lady, I won't go ahead to marry a guy from such a primitive background because it will surely affect the success of the marriage.

Now to your foreign guys banta, I wonder if most of u ladies screaming team foreign guys have ever dated or been close to any foreign guy cos I am sure if u do, u will never think of marrying one unless frustration of watching yourself end up single forever pushes you to, which is what push most Nigerian ladies into marrying foreign men most times, though not always.

For example, American guys; the black American guys are horrible men! They only have dick to give nothing else!

They are gold diggers who target ladies in high paying jobs or fields to date and maybe impregnate and marry so she can be the one footing their bills while they lazy about cheating, if u doubt ask any close friend or family member u know living there.

White guys are erratic and hardly cope with black women unless the black woman is very rich or very docile to ignore their too many erratic actions.

I have worked with white men from various countries, so I know better, they are the biggest cheats, in fact they taught Nigerian guys how to cheat. They are the biggest pay magas to runs girls all over the world, hope u are ready

They are usually lazy and expect their woman to be the one spending on them. If they buy you a car worth 1million for instance, they expect u to buy them a private jet, and if they buy u a house, they expect u to buy them an island, hope u are ready for that

It is beyond what u watch on TV and read online, those that know know, wake up sis
Stop generalizing. See you saying black American men are horrible. You carried your tribalism mentality outside. Using one black American man as a standard. You see yourself?
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by alexola20(m): 3:52am On Nov 02, 2018
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by alexola20(m): 3:54am On Nov 02, 2018
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Ishilove: 4:00am On Nov 02, 2018
safarigirl:
Nigerian men are always nicer and friendlier to foreign ladies and their mothers dare not turn into Patience Ozokwor with those ones.

Nigerian men have higher regard for foreign ladies more than Nigerian ladies and it all comes down to this see finish thing. The rubbish Nigerian men try with Nigerian women, they can NEVER do same to a foreign woman, especially a white one. The day I knew Nigerian men are putty in the hands of foreign women was when Mikel's baby mama said Mikel eats noodles with cold water for dinner sometimes. He would never eat such from a Nigerian woman.

#truth.

Have you noticed that many men who have travelled and lived overseas for a period of time have a different orientation from their homegrown, home based counterparts? It's like the overseas ones have had their brains reformatted by a completely different system and values.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by LordIsaac(m): 5:49am On Nov 02, 2018
I thank God that this is a case of a woman testing another woman. The fact is, any lady that fails that simple test has NOTHING to offer in marriage only demands, entitlement and woes. A lot comes with being a female cum mother even in the animal kingdom. A woman just delivered her son from a woman; they seem to know better! grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Tex42(m): 5:57am On Nov 02, 2018
I will never leave a woman I love because of these stuffs. These things are almost like tradition in this part of the world.
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 02, 2018
Anyone SEE any correlation between her passing a test and the family being poor please?
If you do please alert me, I forgot my eyeglasses at the park.

Stupid girl!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 02, 2018
Hedonini:

lol...they are the ones that will be in a relationship but still entertain dm from different guys, go out to eat with guys n from there cheat...most of them
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Softhands(m): 6:55am On Nov 02, 2018
Lol... there is no need to test if the girl comes from a good home...shaku shaku and unpredictable girls like you from shaky homes need to be tested...
OldBeer:
A good man like you abi?
What next, your mother will test your fiance with chewing gum?
Come to canada and see how food goes to waste.
Anyway keep testing in your shîthole.
There are girls desperate enough to marry your type.
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by Softhands(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2018
Love is blind until real situations occurs and you suddenly realize you are the only blind one in love, the other partner was not... So why not test for such real situations now and see how she reacts? Better end a gold digging relationship than end a Marriage.
Tex42:
I will never leave a woman I love because of these stuffs. These things are almost like tradition in this part of the world.
Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Fiancé's Mother Tested Her by isnovic(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2018
Gossipninja:
This trend of"Testing" a bride-to-be before marriage is currently the talk of the moment by Nigerian social media users, after a lady narrated how she went to her boyfriend's home and joined his mother to wash and cook goat meat only to later be given a meal without meat in it.

The tweet led to almost everyone sharing their opinion on social media and what they would do in a similar situation. Some called the lady out for not being humble enough to eat the meal without meat and they said it is a sign that she isn't a wife material. Others praised her for refusing to be disrespected.

Some have gone on to share their personal experiences with being tested before marriage.

Below is a Twitter user's experience with her boyfriend's mother.

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-lady-narrates-how-her-mother-in-law-tested-her-before-marriage/

Foolish people everywhere with access to internet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Bad To Date My Sister's House Help? / Is It Still Possible For Girls To Keep Their Virginity Till Their Wedding Night? / Guys can you deal with this kind of girl? ...should I Continue With her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.