Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha (22461 Views)

Drama As Oshiomhole, Okorocha, Oyofo Clash At Book Launch / I Have Taken Enough Insults From Oshiomhole – Okorocha / Oshiomhole: Okorocha Locked Stadium Against APC Diverted Money Meant For Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by RabbleRouser1: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
APC Primaries: Tinubu ill informed about Oshiomhole-Okorocha

-Says APC has lost 5m people out of anger, injustice

—Adds: Presidency not in support of illegality

ABUJA-GOVERNOR Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Thursday, said that the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was ill informed on the activities of the national Chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

Governor Okorocha who spoke to State House correspondents shortly after meeting behind closed-doors with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, also alleged that about five million members of the APC have left the party because of injustice by the party leadership.

He advised the APC national Chairman to learn how to respect the rule of law and court orders, adding that the impression that the President was behind what the party Chairman was doing was not true.

The Imo State Governor, who is Chairman of Progressives Governors Forum, said that the era of treating court order must stop; stressing that it was the presence of President Buhari as the party’s leader that had held the party together, if not it would have scattered.

He exonerated from any form of impunity exhibited by the party’s national chairman, saying that President Buhari who he described as the leader of APC, has been the only rallying point for the party, if not it would have disintegrated since.

He said, “I am here to clear the air that the Presidency is behind what Oshiomhole is doing in some of the States which has affected our party negatively. From my understanding from Mr. President, there is no such directive for Oshiomhole to do anything illegal or create any sign of injustice and as so, Oshiomhole is on his own in this whole thing.

“There is no presidency support for him to refuse a candidate who won election and give to wrong candidate who did not win election. This is the matter and I will simply say it is not with the consent of the presidency, he is on his own.

“And I also requested that Oshiomhole must learn to respect the rule of law and obey court orders where they apply. his issue of treating court orders as tissue papers must stop, it doesn’t reflect the image of our party, he must act quickly to fix the integrity of this party because his coming in ought to have brought joy into the party and not sadness.”

When asked whether APC was going to disintegrate as a result of the crisis in the party, Okorocha who said that he was the person that name the party APC said, “Well, APC will not disintegrate for as long as the person, Muhammadu Buhari is still the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and remains the leader of this party.

“So, we cannot give that credit to the chairman. He cannot disintegrate this party, the party is still intact, just that many people are hurt. Since his inception and after this primaries, we are losing almost five million voters because of anger, protest everywhere and he needs to be called to order, he has to respect the rule of law, respect court orders and do the right thing – obey court orders where applicable and not turn himself into INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission).

When also asked to state the true position in the Imo APC governorship ticket as today is the last day for the submission of candidates, he said that substituting the name of his son-in-law, Uche Nwosu who he claimed won the APC governorship primaries with the name of Senator Hope Uzodimma would not stand.

He said, “He (Oshiomhole) cannot be standing for Hope Uzodimma because that man (Uzodimma) did not win election. You cannot compare somebody who won 265,000 votes with somebody who won 7,000 votes. He (Hope Uzodimma) never won election and you cannot impose a candidate who is unacceptable to the people to the people, that is how serious the matter is now.

“So he (Oshiomhole) should do the right thing and I have advised him severally to do the right thing before he creates more disaffection in our party.”
Also reminded that it has been reported on Wednesday that the National Working Committee of the APC has substituted the name of his son-in-law Uche Nwosu with that of Senator Hope Uzodimma and submitted to INEC, he said it was an illegality.

According to him, “He (Oshiomhole) can’t do it. I don’t think the National Working Committee will do that because in the first place, the National Working Committee sent a 13-man delegation who conducted election and 12 of them signed proving that Uche Nwosu won the election with 265,000 votes as against Hope Uzodinma who got less than 7,000 votes.

“So, they (NWC) can’t do that. And there is a letter to that effect from the National Working Committee saying Uche Nwosu won, there is a Certificate of Return given to Uche Nwosu, there is a Police report saying Uche Nwosu (won), there is INEC report saying Uche Nwosu (won). So nobody can do that and if they do that, that must be the worst imposition in the history of Nigeria.”

The APC Governors Forum Chairman said that the tacit support for Oshiomhole by Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu was as a result of ill information on the side of the national leader.
Recall that Asiwaju Tinubu on Wednesday after meeting behind closed doors with President Buhari told journalists that nobody will remove Oshiomhole as he enjoyed the support of majority of party members and even called on all members of the party to support the national Chairman.

But Governor Okorocha said, “Maybe, he is being misinformed. If he is properly informed, he will not say what Oshiomhole is doing is the right thing.”
On his rumoured plan to defect to the Social Democratic Party, SDP, he said, “SDP? How can I build a house and leave it for someone else? I am in APC, I founded the APC, I gave the name APC and so this is our party and we must continue with the party and build the party for victory. “

Okorocha has been battling to ensure that his son-in-law takes over from him in 2019, it was reported that the National Working Committee, NWC, of the APC Wednesday night adopted the Ahmed Gulak Committee that conducted the APC governorship primaries in Imo state which recognized Senator Hope Uzodimma as the governorship candidate of the party in Imo State.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/apc-primaries-tinubu-ill-informed-about-oshiomhole-okorocha/

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2018

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by socialmediaman: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by hisgrace090: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2018
IMO people says no to your son inlaw, period!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by abmethod: 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2018
A
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by seunmsg(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
All the stakeholders in Imo state APC should come together and seek a solution to the crisis. Okorocha should realise that there is the need for compromise and consensus building. A winner takes it all situation will not do him or the party any good. Hope Uzodinma is now a member of the party, his interest and those of his supporters must be taken into account. If Uche Nwosu is to get the governorship ticket, okorocha should relinquish his senatorial ticket for Uzodinma. Okorocha and his in-laws cannot take it all.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by ezegold4we: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2018
Okorocha is a mad dog

14 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by SoNature(m): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2018
People say that you can only tell the character of a man when u give him power and money
The Okorocha of 2011 is no longer the Okorocha of today
He has transformed into a monster

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by itchie: 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2018
This man is delusional

11 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by punisha: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
I didn't expect okorocha to break down this soon...

Hard hard man...small thing u r already sounding this helpless.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by chiscodedon(m): 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Lol �
Big boys don't cry... If Rochas was told as of this time last 2months that this kind of thing could happen to him, he wouldn't believe it. Karma

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 02, 2018
iberiberism

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by israelmao(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2018
Your headache,king of statues!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by depezee(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2018
E pain Okorocha well well.

Next time he will know that in politics power belong to the people.

5 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by tete7000(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2018
itchie:
This man is delusional
APC is a party of deluded minds, starting with the President. Did you read the President saying the economy has been doing good under my watch? It shows how disconnected he is from reality.

13 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by AustineCJ: 7:03am On Nov 02, 2018
Fool... Look at him talking about respecting rule of law and obeying court order.... why not start reminding buhari of the numerous court orders he refused to obey? Karma

8 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by CharliParker: 7:05am On Nov 02, 2018
Hahaaaha Rochas you have not seen anything. Even that Senate you are aspiring for you must FAIL.

4 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:05am On Nov 02, 2018
Imo is the most political active state in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by Kennedy94(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2018
Hmmmm
please what is the position of tinubu in this administration.

Seems he is even more popular than the president and his cabinet combined.

Anyways,We pay your suppliers in UK/USA/CHINA
BTC @ #350 /$
RMB @ #50/rmb
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by HomeOfMe(f): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2018
RabbleRouser1:

ABUJA-GOVERNOR Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Thursday, said that the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was ill informed on the activities of the national Chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

Governor Okorocha who spoke to State House correspondents shortly after meeting behind closed-doors with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, also alleged that about five million members of the APC have left the party because of injustice by the party leadership.

He advised the APC national Chairman to learn how to respect the rule of law and court orders, adding that the impression that the President was behind what the party Chairman was doing was not true.

The Imo State Governor, who is Chairman of Progressives Governors Forum, said that the era of treating court order must stop; stressing that it was the presence of President Buhari as the party’s leader that had held the party together, if not it would have scattered.

He exonerated from any form of impunity exhibited by the party’s national chairman, saying that President Buhari who he described as the leader of APC, has been the only rallying point for the party, if not it would have disintegrated since.

He said, “I am here to clear the air that the Presidency is behind what Oshiomhole is doing in some of the States which has affected our party negatively. From my understanding from Mr. President, there is no such directive for Oshiomhole to do anything illegal or create any sign of injustice and as so, Oshiomhole is on his own in this whole thing.

“There is no presidency support for him to refuse a candidate who won election and give to wrong candidate who did not win election. This is the matter and I will simply say it is not with the consent of the presidency, he is on his own.

“And I also requested that Oshiomhole must learn to respect the rule of law and obey court orders where they apply. his issue of treating court orders as tissue papers must stop, it doesn’t reflect the image of our party, he must act quickly to fix the integrity of this party because his coming in ought to have brought joy into the party and not sadness.”

When asked whether APC was going to disintegrate as a result of the crisis in the party, Okorocha who said that he was the person that name the party APC said, “Well, APC will not disintegrate for as long as the person, Muhammadu Buhari is still the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and remains the leader of this party.

“So, we cannot give that credit to the chairman. He cannot disintegrate this party, the party is still intact, just that many people are hurt. Since his inception and after this primaries, we are losing almost five million voters because of anger, protest everywhere and he needs to be called to order, he has to respect the rule of law, respect court orders and do the right thing – obey court orders where applicable and not turn himself into INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission).

When also asked to state the true position in the Imo APC governorship ticket as today is the last day for the submission of candidates, he said that substituting the name of his son-in-law, Uche Nwosu who he claimed won the APC governorship primaries with the name of Senator Hope Uzodimma would not stand.

He said, “He (Oshiomhole) cannot be standing for Hope Uzodimma because that man (Uzodimma) did not win election. You cannot compare somebody who won 265,000 votes with somebody who won 7,000 votes. He (Hope Uzodimma) never won election and you cannot impose a candidate who is unacceptable to the people to the people, that is how serious the matter is now.

“So he (Oshiomhole) should do the right thing and I have advised him severally to do the right thing before he creates more disaffection in our party.”
Also reminded that it has been reported on Wednesday that the National Working Committee of the APC has substituted the name of his son-in-law Uche Nwosu with that of Senator Hope Uzodimma and submitted to INEC, he said it was an illegality.

According to him, “He (Oshiomhole) can’t do it. I don’t think the National Working Committee will do that because in the first place, the National Working Committee sent a 13-man delegation who conducted election and 12 of them signed proving that Uche Nwosu won the election with 265,000 votes as against Hope Uzodinma who got less than 7,000 votes.

“So, they (NWC) can’t do that. And there is a letter to that effect from the National Working Committee saying Uche Nwosu won, there is a Certificate of Return given to Uche Nwosu, there is a Police report saying Uche Nwosu (won), there is INEC report saying Uche Nwosu (won). So nobody can do that and if they do that, that must be the worst imposition in the history of Nigeria.”

The APC Governors Forum Chairman said that the tacit support for Oshiomhole by Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu was as a result of ill information on the side of the national leader.
Recall that Asiwaju Tinubu on Wednesday after meeting behind closed doors with President Buhari told journalists that nobody will remove Oshiomhole as he enjoyed the support of majority of party members and even called on all members of the party to support the national Chairman.

But Governor Okorocha said, “Maybe, he is being misinformed. If he is properly informed, he will not say what Oshiomhole is doing is the right thing.”
On his rumoured plan to defect to the Social Democratic Party, SDP, he said, “SDP? How can I build a house and leave it for someone else? I am in APC, I founded the APC, I gave the name APC and so this is our party and we must continue with the party and build the party for victory. “

Okorocha has been battling to ensure that his son-in-law takes over from him in 2019, it was reported that the National Working Committee, NWC, of the APC Wednesday night adopted the Ahmed Gulak Committee that conducted the APC governorship primaries in Imo state which recognized Senator Hope Uzodimma as the governorship candidate of the party in Imo State.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/apc-primaries-tinubu-ill-informed-about-oshiomhole-okorocha/
I wonder how these people just sit down and cook up huge figures. 5million people indeed. Same way the say,5000 people decamp from pdp to apc. These are just mind games. It's like they trying to give a false impression that 5000 pple added to their number automatically gives them a winning advantage,as if all the fake 5k people would have pvcs . Anyways what am I even saying,when we all know they make young teenagers,and those below 15 to vote in some places.

4 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by SimplePlan34: 7:14am On Nov 02, 2018
Okorocha is a clown does he not know that oshomole is tinubu's boy Abi he thinks without oshomole the Lagos primaries d way he was carried out would be upheld even after d working committee initially canceled it. Oshomole is from d ACN arm OF APC. Well that how dey would all destroy demselves. D last step is tinubu destroys buhari or buhari destroys tinubu after re election. But I know jagaban he knows buhari coming into power next term spells his doom.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by ZombieNation: 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
[s]
seunmsg:
All the stakeholders in Imo state APC should come together and seek a solution to the crisis. Okorocha should realise that there is the need for compromise and consensus building. A winner takes it all situation will not do him or the party any good. Hope Uzodinma is now a member of the party, his interest and those of his supporters must be taken into account. If Uche Nwosu is to get the governorship ticket, okorocha should relinquish his senatorial ticket for Uzodinma. Okorocha and his in-laws cannot take it all.
[/s]

You never begin to wail.

Wait till 2019 and you will cry us another lake Chad

6 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2018
ZombieNation:
[s][/s]

You never begin to wail.

Wait till 2019 and you will cry us another lake Chad
cheesy many BMC crew will commit suicide after 2019 oo

Make I go start to sell rat poison

4 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by iykemoney90(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2018
Mumu, how many court order have you flaunted as the governor? The Eke ukwu Owerri market you demolished and in the process killed an only son of the parents has a standing order from court stopping you from doing so, you went ahead to demolish. Now you are here talking about court order. The biggest hypocrite in Nigeria Politics.

7 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2018
Hahaha..Saw This Coming..Its A Good Thing Osho Stopped Him..B4 U Know It Outgoing Governors Will Start Annoiting Domestic House Helps To Succeed Them
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by frankopit: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2018
Sory rochase
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by mexbee1(m): 7:31am On Nov 02, 2018
RabbleRouser1:

The era that court orders are being thrown away like tissue paper must stop lol I laff in swahili like d lifeless one u went to see in abuja obeys Court Orders. APC keeps shooting theirself in the foot Party wey don disintegrate finish . I would hv being very dissapointed in d people of Imo if he successfully imposed his son In law on the people cos its not in our nature to be controled like d Abokis and Afonjas go to ur village and become Jagaban there it cant work anywhere in d east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by PHILipu1(m): 7:32am On Nov 02, 2018
Edodefender:
cheesy many BMC crew will commit suicide after 2019 oo

Make I go start to sell rat poison
But if APC win,will Atikuloot supporters commit suicide too?

Because if a kid knows that Atiku can not win.
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by Nonnyflex(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2018
J
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu Ill Informed About Oshiomhole - Okorocha by Dshocker(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2018
Okorohausa is a big fool...no single soul in Omo state wants his son-in-law to govern them... And everyone knows that sen.hope uzodimma won the party primaries.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Considering Impeachment Proceedings Against Governor Fubara - Official / Nigerian Army Commence Exercise Crocodile Smile II In Lagos, Ogun / Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.