Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (277678 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2019
okoroemeka:
Harvested cucumbers at eagle foods our partners in strategic farm alliance,men are not smiling this days buhari or no bihari levels must be maintained.

shocked shocked shocked no be small thing oo!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by SLOVFO(m): 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
okoroemeka:
yes, we supplied seeds to rivers and osun States last week,anytime u are ready to learn I will get u attached to eagle foods ltd,if u stay 1 week with them u will know everything, they operate the biggest cucumber farms in the east with production of 100-150 bags every 4 days,real farmers don't have time for seminars its only e-farmers that collect money from people to teach them what supposed to be free,there's one that is telling people to pay to teach them how to harvest 1000 fruits on 12feet by 6 feet land,HAAAAAAAHAaaaa,oh my GOD,if he can get 12,bags(75,000k now)from that small piece of land he will not have time to beg folks to pay 3,000k for training.
Thanks boss. I was even considering going to Lagos for the seminar you mentioned above. Thank God for using you to give me this opportunity of learning from real farmers. I will PM you so that we can firm up the arrangements. I plan taking a week off work anytime from next week.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Stmichael900: 7:15am On Jan 22, 2019
okoroemeka:
phostrogen is a liquid fertilizer or plant food made by Bayer,it has NPK(14-10-27)we discovered that using Haifa bonus NPK(20-20-20) from 28 days up causes excessive foliage instead of flowers and fruit because of its high N content,so we switch over to phostrogen with lower N and higher K for more fruits from 28 days.

Does phostrogen liquid fertilizer contain micro nutrients like the Haifa bonus fertilizer.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
Stmichael900:

Does phostrogen liquid fertilizer contain micro nutrients like the Haifa bonus fertilizer.
yes,trace elements
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:44am On Jan 23, 2019
okoroemeka:
we water the nursery well before lifting in the evening and water again early morning and again at high noon,and pray the sun may be merciful, anyone That survives the next day is okay,its not the best way of planting cucumbers but what can we do,we have tried every means to chase rats out of the vicinity from rodenticide, covering planted area with paper/nylon,traps,wiring light bulbs,bringing generator play loud music,lighting bonfires,cats didn't work rats comes at night,my staff even brought camping bed to sleep in the bush and chase rats,nothing worked.it's dry season they are everywhere, small tiny rats.transplanting for now is the only solution.God I hate rats.

Loooooooooooooooool @ playing loud music to chase rats. I just imagined them dancing atilogwu to the music while feeding on the seeds

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:54am On Jan 23, 2019
okoroemeka:
Harvested cucumbers at eagle foods our partners in strategic farm alliance,men are not smiling this days buhari or no bihari levels must be maintained.

Is it me, or are these cucumbers just too big? The ones we've been buying for home use here seem to be decreasing in size every time u visit the market.

Plus, Lagos farmers will need more cucumbers to fill a bag compared to you guys, and even sell at lesser price, I believe.

Anybody with current idea on the price of bag in Lagos?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Is it me, or are these cucumbers just too big? The ones we've been buying for home use here seem to be decreasing in size every time u visit the market.

Plus, Lagos farmers will need more cucumbers to fill a bag compared to you guys, and even sell at lesser price, I believe.

that's cu999 for you,the motherfuckers are the meanest, biggest cukes around, don't worry rainy season u will see cukes as big as YAMS.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Stmichael900: 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Sold for 5.5k last week.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 8:02am On Jan 24, 2019
Pls my cucumber bosses okoroemeka and co. Pls how many fruits can I expect from a murano f1 and a cu999 variety each, with all agronomic conditions put in place thanks. Because this premier seed wey i dey use dan cast.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
fiddzy:
Pls my cucumber bosses okoroemeka and co. Pls how many fruits can I expect from a murano f1 and a cu999 variety each, with all agronomic conditions put in place thanks. Because this premier seed wey i dey use dan cast.
my brother in this hot dry season what u see u take ,cucumber optimum performance is in a night temp of 15c and daytime temp of 25-27c,but unfortunately that is not the case here,last week we had an average daytime temp of 35-38c,it reduces yield and stifles growth with more male flowers than females,all this things are why a bag of cucumber is selling for #6,500 in Onitsha now.and that premier seed #500 per satchet in veggie farming run away from cheap seeds
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
Please cucumber farmers I urgently need guidance. Got land close to a river(swamp) but realized d soil is clay. The areas that are dried are caked and hard, some parts are wet, and some other parts dried but not hard.
Would have done a pilot but want to only use it 4 d dry season before rains start.
Anyone with experience planting cucumber in clay or swampy area should please advice
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
funsoul:
Please cucumber farmers I urgently need guidance. Got land close to a river(swamp) but realized d soil is clay. The areas that are dried are caked and hard, some parts are wet, and some other parts dried but not hard.
Would have done a pilot but want to only use it 4 d dry season before rains start.
Anyone with experience planting cucumber in clay or swampy area should please advice
u have to find very tough workers that will do ridges there ,then open small depression on top of the ridges 1 feet apart,put manure plant,but it easier said than done that ground will be as hard as concrete
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2019
okoroemeka:
u have to find very tough workers that will do ridges there ,then open small depression on top of the ridges 1 feet apart,put manure plant,but it easier said than done that ground will be as hard as concrete

Thank u for d quick response
When u say depression r u talking about d rectangular holes u made and planted within?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
okoroemeka:
my
brother in this hot dry season what u see u take ,cucumber optimum performance is in a night temp of 15c and daytime temp of 25-27c,but unfortunately that is not the case here,last week we had an average daytime temp of 35-38c,it reduces yield and stifles growth with more male flowers than females,all this things are why a bag of cucumber is selling for #6,500 in Onitsha now.and that premier seed #500 per satchet in veggie farming run away from cheap seeds
oga mi I appreciate your response God bless, but averagely the yield of murano f1 and cu999 per plant . That is if you want to estimate based on ur experience. Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Scholastica010(f): 5:35am On Jan 25, 2019
Stmichael900:

Sold for 5.5k last week.
Please do you have contacts of weekly buyers of 150 - 200 bags of cucumber in Lagos?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:04am On Jan 25, 2019
Stmichael900:

Sold for 5.5k last week.

Thanks for this information, I appreciate
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:08am On Jan 25, 2019
funsoul:

Haven't planted in clay before but let me speak from my little knowledge about that kind of soil. They have enough nutrients but can't release to plants. Also, they have the problem of water not flowing through, as in other soil, so its either it ends up getting swampy as you've already stated, or if you decide to withhold water, it'll cake.

In essence, I don't think its a good soil on its own, except you boxed up enough to get soil and bring to the land, then plough the two together
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:11am On Jan 25, 2019
funsoul:

Thank u for d quick response
When u say depression r u talking about d rectangular holes u made and planted within?

Yeah, I believe he is looking at it from the angle that cucumber roots don't go deep into the soil. So, if you make the hole and add normal soil + manure in it, it just might be enough for the roots to get their nutrients and support growth of the plant, without really coming in contact with the surrounding clay soil

Let's wait for him to reply, though
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Stmichael900: 7:17am On Jan 25, 2019
Scholastica010:

Please do you have contacts of weekly buyers of 150 - 200 bags of cucumber in Lagos?

I dont have. Maybe u check mile 12 market.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 9:56am On Jan 25, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Yeah, I believe he is looking at it from the angle that cucumber roots don't go deep into the soil. So, if you make the hole and add normal soil + manure in it, it just might be enough for the roots to get their nutrients and support growth of the plant, without really coming in contact with the surrounding clay soil

Let's wait for him to reply, though
Thank you. Can't think of transporting another soil to that place. Will just mix manure with the soil at exactly where I want to plant and hope it will make it a little bit loose and make d compaction reduced
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
funsoul:

Thank you. Can't think of transporting another soil to that place. Will just mix manure with the soil at exactly where I want to plant and hope it will make it a little bit loose and make d compaction reduced
it is. exactly the same dry swamp that I went to today at 1 eagle foods ltd farm,they. just made shallow bowl shaped. depression every 50cm,, put manure,mix,water and plant,the swamp soils are fertile because silt comes every rainy season and fertilize the ground,it also retains water very well,but pray rain don't fall heavily or less sorry will be your name.if I saw this post when I was in the farm I could have taken pics of the ridges they did,I just. took pics of the harvested fruits,60 bags from 1 farm,

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
swamp. soil is very very fertile, I was shocked and speechless, when they told me they have harvested that swamp farm for 8 times,I did not believe till I saw the records,the condition of the farm will still give 4-5 more harvests its unbelievable

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
fiddzy:
oga mi I appreciate your response God bless, but averagely the yield of murano f1 and cu999 per plant . That is if you want to estimate based on ur experience. Thanks.
I think if given all good agricultural practices,murano will yield more than cu999,because murano is hybrid gynecious and cu999 is hybrid monoecious.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2019
okoroemeka:
it is. exactly the same dry swamp that I went to today at 1 eagle foods ltd farm,they. just made shallow bowl shaped. depression every 50cm,, put manure,mix,water and plant,the swamp soils are fertile because silt comes every rainy season and fertilize the ground,it also retains water very well,but pray rain don't fall heavily or less sorry will be your name.if I saw this post when I was in the farm I could have taken pics of the ridges they did,I just. took pics of the harvested fruits,60 bags from 1 farm,
thanks oga
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kingmuyiwa(m): 5:18am On Jan 27, 2019
okoroemeka:
pls my brother east west is no nonsense company their products are first class I remembered once we planted their habanero fresh pepper the yield was crazy .we only see greengo and monalisa ihere in the east,we will plant their nazuka f1 cabbage next year rainy season.
good to you bro... Pls kindly drop ur number. I want to chat you on your experience in pepper farming.. My what's number is 08034698250. Kindly mentor me on pepper farm... Thanks in anticipation
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kingmuyiwa(m): 5:24am On Jan 27, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Sorry, I had to quote the first write up... But 8-10 fruits per seed, is that an average? Cos t sounds too small to me. Why didn't you go for Murano, which produces faster

(I planted Tokyo though)
good day bro.. Happy weekend to you. Pls I saw your comment on one of the cumcumber trend on Nairaland and I will love to learn from as i am about to venture into cumcumber farming.... Kindly drop your line here so I can chat u on whatsapp. My line 08034698250. Kindly be my mentor... Thanks in anticipation boss
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:45am On Jan 27, 2019
Scholastica010:

Check on Nairaland here for mile 12 traders. I once negotiated with one person few weeks back, but lost his contact.

Be careful sha, cos some gave unreasonable demands as I posted here for my bosses to help out.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:49am On Jan 27, 2019
okoroemeka:

Boss mi, please this eagle farms, how exactly do they secure their farms. Cos I wonder how people don't come in to harvest the crops for themselves.

I remember I once got an unfenced land and security was d reason I didn't use it. Someone even said, "Ha, school children will just buy groundnut and coman have lunch on your farm". Lol
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:52am On Jan 27, 2019
kingmuyiwa:

good day bro.. Happy weekend to you. Pls I saw your comment on one of the cumcumber trend on Nairaland and I will love to learn from as i am about to venture into cumcumber farming.... Kindly drop your line here so I can chat u on whatsapp. My line 08034698250. Kindly be my mentor... Thanks in anticipation boss

I'm very sorry, but I haven't gone into commercial farming. My first was just a pilot project, so I'll rather advice you contact OP for more info. You can also visit the cucumber farmers thread here to get further info from experts like Jethro and co.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Scholastica010(f): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Check on Nairaland here for mile 12 traders. I once negotiated with one person few weeks back, but lost his contact.

Be careful sha, cos some gave unreasonable demands as I posted here for my bosses to help out.

Thanks but please what thread or how can I reach out to them?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
kingmuyiwa:

good to you bro... Pls kindly drop ur number. I want to chat you on your experience in pepper farming.. My what's number is 08034698250. Kindly mentor me on pepper farm... Thanks in anticipation
check the thread u will. see the Whatapp no
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Boss mi, please this eagle farms, how exactly do they secure their farms. Cos I wonder how people don't come in to harvest the crops for themselves.

I remember I once got an unfenced land and security was d reason I didn't use it. Someone even said, "Ha, school children will just buy groundnut and coman have lunch on your farm". Lol
well u have a point but here in the. east it is regarded as a curse to harvest crops u did not grow,we had a mild theft problem in a water melon farm,we just got clay pot make it look scary with Red cloths,palm fronds etc,we placed these pots at strategic areas around the farm and before u say jack people stopped even using paths close to the farm.LOL

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.