Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (277634 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
Functionoftime:
38 days after planting. I have few of them like that. Should I wait for 42days (6 weeks) before harvest when others must have been big enough for harvest or should I harvest the few of them like that? I'm afraid that the big ones must have been overripe before 42 days.
In mile 12,if you want to sell a bag of cucumber, they will pour everything down and Rearrange the cucumber themselves, while doing this they are checking what they are buying. They remove yellow ones, white ones and small ones.. If all dz are removed and the sack or bag, they will reduce their price with the difference of 500 or higher and you will wondering why you put that kind of cucumber and lose 500..its beta u harvest quick tho... Yellow and white cucumbers are no more cucumbers.. A pure green cucumber owns the market

3 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 7:36am On Mar 18, 2019
vosquare:

In mile 12,if you want to sell a bag of cucumber, they will pour everything down and Rearrange the cucumber themselves, while doing this they are checking what they are buying. They remove yellow ones, white ones and small ones.. If all dz are removed and the sack or bag, they will reduce their price with the difference of 500 or higher and you will wondering why you put that kind of cucumber and lose 500..its beta u harvest quick tho... Yellow and white cucumbers are no more cucumbers.. A pure green cucumber owns the market

That means I should have harvested when it was like this (35days) even when it had the potential of becoming bigger. Is 35days not too early?
I think it's the part exposed to sunlight that's turning yellow. There's this particular one under thick vegetation, with the size of the first picture and it's still green. I'll take a picture when I get to farm today

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2019
Functionoftime:

That means I should have harvested when it was like this (35days) even when it had the potential of becoming bigger. Is 35days not too early?
I think it's the part exposed to sunlight that's turning yellow. There's this particular one under thick vegetation, with the size of the first picture and it's still green. I'll take a picture when I get to farm today
All depends on variety... Darina is 35-38 while mona Lisa is 40 days plus.. At this size, if it's mona lisa I can still leave it for a day or two before harvesting because I know it will grow bigger and greener unless it's on the soil, that's how most of them get yellow.. Darina at this size should be harvested.. If u leave for few days, it will turn yellow. Whether they are on the soil or not so it all depends on the variety u r planting
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 7:44am On Mar 18, 2019
This is the one I was talking about. Big and still green because its under the shade of vegetation.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
vosquare:

All depends on variety... Darina is 35-38 while mona Lisa is 40 days plus.. At this size, if it's mona lisa I can still leave it for a day or two before harvesting because I know it will grow bigger and greener unless it's on the soil, that's how most of them get yellow.. Darina at this size should be harvested.. If u leave for few days, it will turn yellow. Whether they are on the soil or not so it all depends on the variety u r planting
I planted an assumed cu999. Only oga Okoroemeka will understand
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
Functionoftime:

I planted an assumed cu999. Only oga Okoroemeka will understand
haaaaaaahaaaaa!!! pls my brother the devil is a liar,the cause of the fruits turning yellow is the recycled seed they sold you,the fruits when mature they will turn yellow like local cucumbers and the size will be stunted,I told one guy that was promoting recycling hybrid seed that it doesn't work,all these goggle farmers if they plant 10 crops in their backyard they are profs,we recycled cu 999 seed 2015 and planted on 4 plots,every 4 days we can only harvest 30% all will be yellow,if u want to pick in 2-3 days it will still be small, hybrid seed are made up genes from 2-3 different varieties chosen for their good traits,if u recycle hybrid seed it will revert to the character of 1 of it's parent stock,we have planted recycled hybrid yellow maize and got local white maize in harvest,you planted recycled hybrid cucumber what you will get is local cucumbers.

3 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
I am still investigating the market Dynamics of watermelon in and around our area in orumba south LGA,what I discovered astounded me, one grocery seller confessed that she takes delivery of two big bags of WM every 2-3 days(1 bag contains 30-35 WM balls),she further said that she sells 20-25 balls daily just from one grocery out of a possible 7-8 groceries around,she further said that during scarce periods her supplier in onitsha sources the produce from Benin republic,Chad,Cameroon,etc,now that's something.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
please how many bags of manure and how many sachet of haifa bonus can I use to fertilize 5000cukes on 3plots of land
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2019
lahify:
please how many bags of manure and how many sachet of haifa bonus can I use to fertilize 5000cukes on 3plots of land
50 bagco bags of manure,10 packets of Haifa bonus and 10 fungicides,5 cans of 500 ml laraforce gold,2 bags of rope for staking,200 long pieces of bamboo for staking,2 cans of magicforce or action 40,and lastly a truckload of guts and the dare to do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
okoroemeka:
I am still investigating the market Dynamics of watermelon in and around our area in orumba south LGA,what I discovered astounded me, one grocery seller confessed that she takes delivery of two big bags of WM every 2-3 days(1 bag contains 30-35 WM balls),she further said that she sells 20-25 balls daily just from one grocery out of a possible 7-8 groceries around,she further said that during scarce periods her supplier in onitsha sources the produce from Benin republic,Chad,Cameroon,etc,now that's something.

That's really something! very insightful and thought provoking. And I'm sure that would be the situation from around the country.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 4:34am On Mar 19, 2019
okoroemeka:
50 bagco bags of manure,10 packets of Haifa bonus and 10 fungicides,5 cans of 500 ml laraforce gold,2 bags of rope for staking,200 long pieces of bamboo for staking,2 cans of magicforce or action 40,and lastly a truckload of guts and the dare to do.
thanks a lot, why did you say I'm going to need a truckload of guts
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 4:34am On Mar 19, 2019
okoroemeka:
thanks a lot, why did you say I'm going to need a truckload of guts?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:18am On Mar 19, 2019
okoroemeka:

All these just sounds too good to be true. Who will have thought such fruits could ever be brought all the way from outside Nigeria, when people never finish inside Naija.

There is a serious gap that needs to be blocked in the agricultural sector
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
lahify:
thanks a lot, why did you say I'm going to need a truckload of guts
the work , logistics and planning involved is not funny,I sprayed 7-8 knapsack yesterday on 5500 crops and my body hear am.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Degis(m): 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
Cocoboms:

You are right about the rainy season. That's where tomato varieties like padma f1 from east west, cobra 26 f1 from technisem and Emerald f1 from sakata seeds shine brightly above most conventional varieties. There's less pest invasion during d rainy season. Fungal issue and bacterial spot wahala come to d fore.
Here in Abuja markets, tomato price goes up from beginning of April which is when I'm targeting this dry season.

I noticed that you are based in Abuja, where I am also located, please let’s link up to share ideas. This is my WhatsApp number 08034104319
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
Degis:

I noticed that you are based in Abuja, where I am also located, please let’s link up to share ideas. This is my WhatsApp number 08034104319

okay Degis. I'll message you.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
@okoroemeka, how many bags have you harvested in your new 2500 cukes project
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
lahify:
@okoroemeka, how many bags have you harvested in your new 2500 cukes project
we are now restricting the type of information we give out since we are in a joint venture with investors that are also nairalanders,I don't think it's a good idea to discuss the company economic details on an open forum, anything technical is ok,but financial aspect is a no go area.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
okoroemeka:
we are now restricting the type of information we give out since we are in a joint venture with investors that are also nairalanders,I don't think it's a good idea to discuss the company economic details on an open forum, anything technical is ok,but financial aspect is a no go area.
well said sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 7:01am On Mar 20, 2019
okoroemeka:
haaaaaaahaaaaa!!! pls my brother the devil is a liar,the cause of the fruits turning yellow is the recycled seed they sold you,the fruits when mature they will turn yellow like local cucumbers and the size will be stunted,I told one guy that was promoting recycling hybrid seed that it doesn't work,all these goggle farmers if they plant 10 crops in their backyard they are profs,we recycled cu 999 seed 2015 and planted on 4 plots,every 4 days we can only harvest 30% all will be yellow,if u want to pick in 2-3 days it will still be small, hybrid seed are made up genes from 2-3 different varieties chosen for their good traits,if u recycle hybrid seed it will revert to the character of 1 of it's parent stock,we have planted recycled hybrid yellow maize and got local white maize in harvest,you planted recycled hybrid cucumber what you will get is local cucumbers.
Experience at its finest!!! Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend everyone that has contributed especially the op. Am a farmer though am still learning and the cucumber I did was majorly organic which wasn't really effective, am planing on doing at least 1plots soon so pls can you give me the load down of chemicals I need and fertilizer including their presume prices. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
olakunleben16:
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend everyone that has contributed especially the op. Am a farmer though am still learning and the cucumber I did was majorly organic which wasn't really effective, am planing on doing at least 1plots soon so pls can you give me the load down of chemicals I need and fertilizer including their presume prices. Thanks
the rains are coming and the management Dynamics will change, increased fungal foliar diseases will increase, while insect attacks will reduce,so you will spend more on original fungicides like ridomil gold(mancozeb)or Cabrio duos,these 2 fungicides will keep fungal disease at Bay, while using only laraforce gold as insecticide will destroy cucumber bettles and co,for 1 plot 3 ridoil(#2,500 per one)2 Haifa bonus(#1,900 per one) and 1 500ml laraforce (#3,000),use a concotion of all of the above every week from 4 leaf stage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
please @okoroemeka can't someone use organic fertilizer like super gro or organic tea from start to finish for cucumber, cos I heard that the yield is also awesome like the inorganic ones plus the worry of fertilizers burn would be eliminated.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
lahify:
please @okoroemeka can't someone use organic fertilizer like super gro or organic tea from start to finish for cucumber, cos I heard that the yield is also awesome like the inorganic ones plus the worry of fertilizers burn would be eliminated.
some organic fertilizer still burns crop if not applied properly,eg chicken manure and also super gro is not a fertilizer,it's a surfactant it makes water wetter, reduced irrigation frequency,the key to a good yield is a fertile soil free from nematodes first,
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Kemyrolex: 4:12am On Mar 22, 2019
What's your take on the east west varieties like Saira F1 and Nandini F1. In terms of yield and resistance to pest and diseases..
@Okoroemeka.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 22, 2019
okoroemeka:
the rains are coming and the management Dynamics will change, increased fungal foliar diseases will increase, while insect attacks will reduce,so you will spend more on original fungicides like ridomil gold(mancozeb)or Cabrio duos,these 2 fungicides will keep fungal disease at Bay, while using only laraforce gold as insecticide will destroy cucumber bettles and co,for 1 plot 3 ridoil(#2,500 per one)2 Haifa bonus(#1,900 per one) and 1 500ml laraforce (#3,000),use a concotion of all of the above every week from 4 leaf stage.
Shit! Agric is not for a lazy man. This is similar to broiler farming. You need to be at your best with fungicides/insecticides/drugs/antibiotics to come out successful.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 4:42am On Mar 22, 2019
okoroemeka:
some organic fertilizer still burns crop if not applied properly,eg chicken manure and also super gro is not a fertilizer,it's a surfactant it makes water wetter, reduced irrigation frequency,the key to a good yield is a fertile soil first,
tganks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:18am On Mar 22, 2019
Kemyrolex:
What's your take on the east west varieties like Zaira F1 and Nandini F1. In terms of yield and resistance to pest and diseases..
@Okoroemeka.
I have a farmer friend in osun state that planted saira F1 and got 10 + fruits per plant,it is a high yielding variety but costly,they sell in seed counts,the last time I checked 1000 seeds is #10,000k.but if out of 1000 seeds,700 survived to yield 8 fruits per plant that's 5,600 fruits,at 120 per bag will give you 46 bags,then you multiply by current selling price in your area,the current price my side now is #4,000×46 bags=#184,000k,so you see that's why their seeds are costly.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Kemyrolex: 8:54am On Mar 22, 2019
okoroemeka:
I have a farmer friend in osun state that planted saira F1 and got 10 + fruits per plant,it is a high yielding variety but costly,they sell in seed counts,the last time I checked 1000 seeds is #10,000k.but if out of 1000 seeds,700 survived to yield 8 fruits per plant that's 5,600 fruits,at 120 per bag will give you 46 bags,then you multiply by current selling price in your area,the current price my side now is #4,000×46 bags=#184,000k,so you see that's why their seeds are costly.

Thanks for the prompt reply and apt analysis. I hope to chat you up for more inputs. Thanks in advance.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by morningglory: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2019
Please, house, what quantity of fertilizer do I need and name of fertilizer (foliar or not foliar) for water melon on one acre? Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
after a well detailed investigation about the economics of the grocery trade,the results was a big shock,the crops we think are the money spinners are low on value for money index,take cucumbers for example wholesale farmgate prices for it now is #100 naira/kg=#4,000 for 40kg 1 bag,let's take another example watermelon is being bought wholesale fatmgate at #40-50 naira/kg=#400-500 naira for a 10-12 kg ball,ok,let's consider the humble,no noise making green beans the wholesale farmgate price for it now is #400-500 naira per kg,my investigation found out that it's the lowest price after Xmas,it was sold for #800/kg during the dry season and #400 naira is the lowest it can get,hmmmm !!!,green beans is five times more valuable than cucumbers and ten times more valuable than WM,so that set us thinking HOW HARD CAN IT GET,we tilled half plot today and planted 1800 bean Cora variety (technisem) on it and will plant more in staggered sets every 3 weeks,it will be an interesting head to head drag race between these three fantastic crops in our farm,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by somessi: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
okoroemeka:
after a well detailed investigation about the economics of the grocery trade,the results was a big shock,the crops we think are the money spinners are low on value for money index,take cucumbers for example wholesale farmgate prices for it now is #100 naira/kg=#4,000 for 40kg 1 bag,let's take another example watermelon is being bought wholesale fatmgate at #40-50 naira/kg=#400-500 naira for a 10-12 kg ball,ok,let's consider the humble,no noise making green beans the wholesale farmgate price for it now is #400-500 naira per kg,my investigation found out that it's the lowest price after Xmas,it was sold for #800/kg during the dry season and #400 naira is the lowest it can get,hmmmm !!!,green beans is five times more valuable than cucumbers and ten times more valuable than WM,so that set us thinking HOW HARD CAN IT GET,we tilled half plot today and planted 1800 bean Cora variety (technisem) on it and will plant more in staggered sets every 3 weeks,it will be an interesting head to head drag race between these three fantastic crops in our farm,

Green beans - the next goldmine line of Agribusiness. Massive market value, but seldom implemented, especially in this part of the world. Please, from the time of cultivation, how many weeks / months does it take before harvest? Thank you bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.