Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (277111 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
This thread is lively.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
Everything is set for the great cucumber challenge,the seeds of the two contenders are down and materials to kickstart the project is down,foliar fertilizer, nematicide, insecticide,and fungicide,we will apply manure tomorrow and plant,it will be an interesting and educative few weeks I will assure you,the people from East West seed co are begging for video updates,we will make a short documentary about the whole process to prove beyond reasonable doubt what happened and it will be available for any serious farmer that will need it on WhatsApp,we initially wanted to use drip irrigation but the rains are coming in hard and fast,so no need,we will definitely need that for our dry season projects,after this fray between monalisa and cu 999,the next brawl will be a three way contest between green go,Murano 2f1 and mydas ,now this mydas cucumber variety is a relatively new kid on the block but an interesting variety none the less, with it's ability to produce only female flowers and set fruit without pollination it is a strong Challenger,the Dutch guy at riijk zawaan said if it doesn't produce 15 fruits per crop,he will eat his hat,hmm!!now that's a bet I will see through,some seed co are even hinting to donate their seed for the heavyweight fight,but after careful consideration we politely declined,we will get normal seeds from normal dealers not some super bioengineered seed,this first two variety contest will be seriously captivating,but the next fight between 3 of the very best,simply it will be breathtaking sight!!

5 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
okoroemeka:
Everything is set for the great cucumber challenge,the seeds of the two contenders are down and materials to kickstart the project is down,foliar fertilizer, nematicide, insecticide,and fungicide,we will apply manure tomorrow and plant,it will be an interesting and educative few weeks I will assure you,the people from East West seed co are begging for video updates,we will make a short documentary about the whole process to prove beyond reasonable doubt what happened and it will be available for any serious farmer that will need it on WhatsApp,we initially wanted to use drip irrigation but the rains are coming in hard and fast,so no need,we will definitely need that for our dry season projects,after this fray between monalisa and cu 999,the next brawl will be a three way contest between green go,Murano 2f1 and mydas ,now this mydas cucumber variety is a relatively new kid on the block but an interesting variety none the less, with it's ability to produce only female flowers and set fruit without pollination it is a strong Challenger,the Dutch guy at riijk zawaan said if it doesn't produce 15 fruits per crop,he will eat his hat,hmm!!now that's a bet I will see through,some seed co are even hinting to donate their seed for the heavyweight fight,but after careful consideration we politely declined,we will get normal seeds from normal dealers not some super bioengineered seed,this first two variety contest will be seriously captivating,but the next fight between 3 of the very best,simply it will be breathtaking sight!!
Great move!
So, how will you tackle water challenge? The rainfall is not much for now.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Great move!
So, how will you tackle water challenge? The rainfall is not much for now.
I still have workers that are experts in manual watering with hose
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
okoroemeka:
See as body dey sweet me as if na me wan do this research. How much I love research, but not now, until I'm a little bit financially stable.
Oga Okoroemeka, please don't kill us with anticipation for updates. I trust you won't
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
okoroemeka:
I still have workers that are experts in manual watering with hose
ok
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:47am On May 01, 2019
Pes13:

Thank you sir.

. I was trying to compare all its advantage over greengo. I think fruit size is the major advantage of murano 2 f1 over greengo..

I planted greengo. 500 seeds at the rate of #4k5.

Not just fruit size, murano also grows very fast, from my present experience
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:50am On May 01, 2019
okoroemeka:
this is an interesting observation, weather has a lot to do with vegetables farming, majority of veggies loves cool weather and will shead flowers or have more males if the temperature goes too high,only a few like pepper and tomatoes thrives in hot conditions,but nevertheless we are preparing two sites to know once and for all the cucumbers variety we will use in our megaproject during dry season,first test will be 500 monalisa planted next to 500 cu 999,it will be planted Wednesday next week,after that it will be 500 green go next to 500 Murano 2 f1.,this four cucumbers variety are the top 4 commercially viable to use on large scale,but we are on a mission to narrow down the best in terms of resistance,yield, production duration and other parameters we know farmers are desperate to know surely it will be an entertaining and interesting 45 days ahead.

If the same set of people will be managing it all, some might end up with comparative advantage over others. Except you'll divide your workforce accordingly.

We'll be ever here to learn from your results, Sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:40pm On May 01, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

If the same set of people will be managing it all, some might end up with comparative advantage over others. Except you'll divide your workforce accordingly.

We'll be ever here to learn from your results, Sir.
well you have a point there but it's the same land just divided by ridge,and also I am personally managing this project because we need to have a variety we will use for the dry season when a bag will be ₦5-6000k that is when we will tackle the ₦500,000 from one plot with drip irrigation,we don't have to fail again ,we must break that barrier.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Bond27: 9:10pm On May 01, 2019
Mr. Okoro emeka thanks alot for this educative platform. you are really doing great job here. in all your pics i have not seen irrigation facility like drip tape in your farm. how do you water your farm? I do cuke farming in Abakaliki, but last year I lost huge sum of money to dry season farming because all the fruits were more bitter than Bitter kola. i water the farm morning and evening, i planted the cu999 . i used pumping machine and hose for the watering, what do you think may be the possible cause of the bitterness?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2019
Bond27:
Mr. Okoro emeka thanks alot for this educative platform. you are really doing great job here. in all your pics i have not seen irrigation facility like drip tape in your farm. how do you water your farm? I do cuke farming in Abakaliki, but last year I lost huge sum of money to dry season farming because all the fruits were more bitter than Bitter kola. i water the farm morning and evening, i planted the cu999 . i used pumping machine and hose for the watering, what do you think may be the possible cause of the bitterness?
the problem maybe how you prepared your land to receive water,it's always advisable to make holes when planting cukes even on ridges,it serves many purposes,it keeps manure, fertilizer, nematicide and co in place,it serves as a bowl to receive and retain more water,the main causes of bitterness is heat stress cause by inadequate watering,if u plant your crops on top of ridge without holes and using manual watering it will still be bitter or less u use drip,and we are going full drip system in our farm next dry season,
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 6:50am On May 02, 2019
My cry everyday is for the rain to start fully. I have not be able to plant cucumber since January. I secured(lease) 2 acres of land closs to river to early January but after clearing, I discover that the land is very strong. Strong in the sense that red sand was heap on the land during road construction and the bulldozers compressed the sand so hard. So, the land is now very difficult for shovel to penetrate.
Seeing the challenge, I decided to look out for land elsewhere and I got one but not close to river. I have been waiting for rain to start so I can plant but the rain is not coming forth. I can't drill borehole because it is too expensive here. 250,000 for only borehole. Even if I do, Chiefs will pull out the engine inside because the place is in the forest. Please experts, I need your advice.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by brotobi99(m): 8:33am On May 02, 2019
*FOR SALE PLANTAIN PLANTATION*

Let me enlighten you a bit too, anyone who buys it would make nothing less than a million this year 2019, especially if the person has an experienced and honest manager... its a 4 acre of land with plantain plantation on it... its over 4000 plantain stands in the land... and a plot of land around the axis is about 250-300k at the moment... just going for a give away price... cos the owner is relocating to canada... all papers and documentation complete...
Price: 6Million
Pictures available upon request

Call: 07053824984 for more information
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Bond27: 1:05pm On May 02, 2019
okoroemeka:
the problem maybe how you prepared your land to receive water,it's always advisable to make holes when planting cukes even on ridges,it serves many purposes,it keeps manure, fertilizer, nematicide and co in place,it serves as a bowl to receive and retain more water,the main causes of bitterness is heat stress cause by inadequate watering,if u plant your crops on top of ridge without holes and using manual watering it will still be bitter or less u use drip,and we are going full drip system in our farm next dry season,

Thanks alot for the prompt response. But i put the cukes in polythene bags mixed with Poultry wastes. the sun shine in Abakaliki can be compared to those in far North like Sokoto and Borno states. The heat is much, is there any cuke specie that is heat tolerant and less bitter that i can plant in that area. Also I will be grateful if I will be given the opportunity to visit your farm to study the practice. May God bless and keep you for the humanitarian service you are doing.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by johnnyblaze424: 3:14pm On May 02, 2019
okoroemeka:
well you have a point there but it's the same land just divided by ridge,and also I am personally managing this project because we need to have a variety we will use for the dry season when a bag will be ₦5-6000k that is when we will tackle the ₦500,000 from one plot with drip irrigation,we don't have to fail again ,we must break that barrier.

how's your watermelon doing?
mine is already fruiting heavily..... then they starts wilting!!!
its been raining here at an interval of twice a week
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 8:52am On May 03, 2019
Please good people. Where can I buy Darina cucumber variety?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:47pm On May 03, 2019
The whistle had been blown and the race is on, between monalisa and cu 999 we will know which one that will cancel the other,in every contest there must be a winner,we used a standard measure bowl that dispenses 1 kg of pig manure per hole so all the crops will have equal ration of nutrients ,all the crops are planted on may 2,so we will know which one will flower,fruit and mature first.we planted 500 monalisa and 1200 cu 999,but we pegged off a portion that has 500 cu for the test.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by adescopy(m): 12:34am On May 04, 2019
okoroemeka:
The whistle had been blown and the race is on, between monalisa and cu 999 we will know which one that will cancel the other,in every contest there must be a winner,we used a standard measure bowl that dispenses 1 kg of pig manure per hole so all the crops will have equal ration of nutrients ,all the crops are planted on may 2,so we will know which one will flower,fruit and mature first.we planted 500 monalisa and 1200 cu 999,but we pegged off a portion that has 500 cu for the test.
Thanks OP for the great work you are doing but pls can you give us the cost estimate to this point and those processes that were carried out to this point including the time interval. I still wonder how you can get you plot to be so clean without chemical. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:10am On May 04, 2019
adescopy:
Thanks OP for the great work you are doing but pls can you give us the cost estimate to this point and those processes that were carried out to this point including the time interval. I still wonder how you can get you plot to be so clean without chemical. Thanks
this is our expenses so far,(1) clearing the land ₦1,500.(2)ridging₦4,000.(3)manure from our farm but let's put a cost to it ₦2000.(4) planting/manure application ₦3000(5)seeds ₦12,000.(6) nematicide₦3400.(7) fungicide₦2000.(cool fertilizer₦2000.(9) insecticide₦1200.(10) nylon rope₦3,500,(11) binding wire₦500(12)NPK 151515 ₦4000,.this is the total money spent so far and I'm estimating that we will spend a further ₦5000 on fuel for pumping water to irrigate in case rain failed.that is the total financial estimate that will power the project, other small works like staking will be done by me to warm my body.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Konafas: 10:21pm On May 04, 2019
Pls what are the names of the chemicals (fungicide, insecticide) and their application
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by adescopy(m): 10:42pm On May 04, 2019
okoroemeka:
this is our expenses so far,(1) clearing the land ₦1,500.(2)ridging₦4,000.(3)manure from our farm but let's put a cost to it ₦2000.(4) planting/manure application ₦3000(5)seeds ₦12,000.(6) nematicide₦3400.(7) fungicide₦2000.(cool fertilizer₦2000.(9) insecticide₦1200.(10) nylon rope₦3,500,(11) binding wire₦500(12)NPK 151515 ₦4000,.this is the total money spent so far and I'm estimating that we will spend a further ₦5000 on fuel for pumping water to irrigate in case rain failed.that is the total financial estimate that will power the project, other small works like staking will be done by me to warm my body.
Thanks, labour over there is cheap I tell you as a plot of land here for clearing is around 3 to 4000 in Abeokuta Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by adescopy(m): 10:49pm On May 04, 2019
okoroemeka:
pls I will like to know if the manure and nematicide were applied together and how many days was the nematicide left on the soil before planting the seed
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:02am On May 05, 2019
okoroemeka:

Thanks for this. Please, can you give a schedule for application of the fertilizer and co. Like, after how many days/weeks should which one be applied and when should be the next application?

Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:03am On May 05, 2019
adescopy:
Thanks, labour over there is cheap I tell you as a plot of land here for clearing is around 3 to 4000 in Abeokuta Ogun state.

Why don't u use those Hausa guys that move around with how's n digger, if you have them in your area. They are cheaper than conventional labourers.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:19am On May 05, 2019
Konafas:
Pls what are the names of the chemicals (fungicide, insecticide) and their application
wormforce nematicide,(2 gram per hole)Haifa bonus foliar fertilizer (250 gram per knapsack),saaf fungicides (2.5-3 gram per knapsack)and courage insecticide(10 ml per knapsack)

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:23am On May 05, 2019
adescopy:
in our area day pay for labourers rised to #1500 because of planting season has begun and demand for workers is high,from August-march it used to be #1200, during dry season it is even #1,000
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:31am On May 05, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks for this. Please, can you give a schedule for application of the fertilizer and co. Like, after how many days/weeks should which one be applied and when should be the next application?

Thanks
we will apply manure twice before planting and at flowering, NPK 201010+ urea fertilizer will be applied at 10 days and 20 days rate of 6 gram per hole,NPK 151515 will be used from 28-30 days(flowering)and will be applied every 10 days, personally I think cucumbers are the heaviest feeder on Earth.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:35am On May 05, 2019
adescopy:
pls I will like to know if the manure and nematicide were applied together and how many days was the nematicide left on the soil before planting the seed
no,we applied nematicide first than irrigate so it will sink down and clear the soil then we apply manure,next day we irrigate and plant
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 12:41pm On May 05, 2019
okoroemeka:
wormforce nematicide,(2 gram per hole)Haifa bonus foliar fertilizer (250 gram per knapsack),saaf fungicides (2.5-3 gram per knapsack)and courage insecticide(10 ml per knapsack)
is the saaf/courage systemic or contact? wht is their active ingredients pls?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2019
courage is imidachloropide while saaf is manconzeb plus carbedazim
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Konafas: 4:08pm On May 05, 2019
okoroemeka:

Thanks... God bless
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2019
It's 6 days since we planted and the results are slowly coming in,we noticed that cu 999 had 50-70% germination in 5 days,but monalisa is around 20-30% germination in 6 days,it's interesting to see a side by side comparison,more results will be coming in as the project progresses,I think it better for my fellow farmers to see and judge for themselves,the first pic is cu999,the second is monalisa all is 6 days old

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.