Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Immigrant Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrant Visa (1404 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigrant Visa by AndreMarley: 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
Goodday everyone, Please i don't know if anyone has informations about US Immigrant visas? Haven't seen any new thread concerning it lately, I have so many questions, so i decided to put this out, anyone can help me out, so here this is my experience.. I & my mum went for our interview at the embassy earlier this week, interview went fine, but they requested for more documents, My dad died when i was younger, so my mum is a widow, it was stated during the whole process when my grandmother was filing the visa for us, So the visa officer asked for more evidence of my dad's death, maybe his funeral program and some funeral pictures before she will proceed to issue the visa, she gave us a letter to attach the documents to and we should also submitt our passports, then she gave an address to drop it at, DHL office in VI.. i went there to drop the documents as required today, so now my question is, I hope there is no problem? Is this normal? Also in the letter she gave us to attach the documents, the first paragraph talks about how applicants need to create an online account so that they can be notified about their visa status, Since our case is pending, should i still go ahead and create an account? Also if i want to create, will i create for just my mum? Because she is the main applicant for immigration visa, i am just her son under the age of 21( a derivative applicant), or do i need to create 2 separate accounts for us?
Re: Immigrant Visa by NwaAmaikpe: 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
shocked

I believe it is a joint application as the primary applicant indicated that you'd be accompanying them in theirs.
So your mom being the primary applicant should create the online account to track the application.

Either way, she'd still be contacted once a decision is reached and from all indications; you would receive a favourable one.

However, you didn't specify what particular Immigrant visa you applied for.
This would inform more professional advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigrant Visa by AndreMarley: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I believe it is a joint application as the primary applicant indicated that you'd be accompanying them in theirs.
So your mom being the primary applicant should create the online account to track the application.

Either way, she'd still be contacted once a decision is reached and from all indications; you would receive a favourable one.

But you however didn't specify what particular Immigrant visa you applied for.

I'm not really familiar with the whole process, Everything was basically done over there
Re: Immigrant Visa by AndreMarley: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But you however didn't specify what particular Immigrant visa you applied for.
how can i find out what type of immigrant visa it is please, is there a place it is written?
Re: Immigrant Visa by Betakeshi: 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
grin
Re: Immigrant Visa by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/3979737/nvc-processing-stage-u-family

Post in this thread above more people there who have gone through immigrant visas

Where exactly does the your mum stay
Re: Immigrant Visa by Ayobami7(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
this is my comment
Re: Immigrant Visa by frankele(m): 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2019
AndreMarley:
Goodday everyone, Please i don't know if anyone has informations about US Immigrant visas? Haven't seen any new thread concerning it lately, I have so many questions, so i decided to put this out, anyone can help me out, so here this is my experience.. I & my mum went for our interview at the embassy earlier this week, interview went fine, but they requested for more documents, My dad died when i was younger, so my mum is a widow, it was stated during the whole process when my grandmother was filing the visa for us, So the visa officer asked for more evidence of my dad's death, maybe his funeral program and some funeral pictures before she will proceed to issue the visa, she gave us a letter to attach the documents to and we should also submitt our passports, then she gave an address to drop it at, DHL office in VI.. i went there to drop the documents as required today, so now my question is, I hope there is no problem? Is this normal? Also in the letter she gave us to attach the documents, the first paragraph talks about how applicants need to create an online account so that they can be notified about their visa status, Since our case is pending, should i still go ahead and create an account? Also if i want to create, will i create for just my mum? Because she is the main applicant for immigration visa, i am just her son under the age of 21( a derivative applicant), or do i need to create 2 separate accounts for us?

Wow andremarley I guess we had almost the same issue but ours is ABOUT The petitioner Spouse Signing An I-864A...

So have yyou gotten your visa??
And if yes How many Days did it take?
Re: Immigrant Visa by AndreMarley: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2019
frankele:

Wow andremarley I guess we had almost the same issue but ours is ABOUT The petitioner Spouse Signing An I-864A...

So have yyou gotten your visa??
And if yes How many Days did it take?
Didn't take up to 4days, I'm in US nw
Re: Immigrant Visa by frankele(m): 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2019
AndreMarley:

Didn't take up to 4days, I'm in US nw

Wow am so so happy for you bro...
I want to ask how many days interval did you take after the interview before you submitted the requested documents?? ..
And was it only a letter requesting for the documents that u were given or U were given another Pamphlet too on how to pay The Green Card fee??

I'll appreciate your reply Brother
Re: Immigrant Visa by shu9a: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
Did you eventually create an online acvount and please how did you address the package you submitted to dhl.

Thank you
quote author=AndreMarley post=76861261]
Didn't take up to 4days, I'm in US nw[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Ride Hailing Company (ak-taxi), Ready To Hit The Nigerian Market / I Have Been In The US For 4months Haven't Met Any Nigerians In Philadelphia / Beautiful Pictures Of Bauchi City, The Pearl Of Tourism And The Gateway Tonorthe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.