Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi (39829 Views)

What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi / "Buhari Not Incharge Of His Government' - Peter Obi / “face Your Problems Not My Performance At PDP Primary” – Saraki Replies APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by OEPHIUS(m): 6:42am On Nov 02, 2018
In a video interview with Channels Television, the Vice Presidential Candidate of the PDP says that the present problems of the Nigerian economy was NOT created by the present government but by Governors before 2015.

He said he remembers as a governor when the former Minister for Finance Okonjo Iweala asked the government to save and the governors and everyone else said no so why are you complaining when you created this problem yesterday

This might tally with the present government stance that they met a moribund economy and the problems were already present before they got in.

See video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fvKq-peZF0

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by DavidEsq(m): 6:43am On Nov 02, 2018
U don minit

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2018
Rotimi Amaechi was the chairman of governors forum then and now, he is in APC.

Shall we say that he is the origin of the problem then

As I recall he opposed it vehemently!

281 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by nzeobi(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2018
those he blamed are still members of the APC, amaechi, aregbeshola and many of the APC governors insisted the money be shared and when it was done the used theirs to fund buhari's election and leaving their states in huge debt.

202 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by abitex577(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2018
K
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by shortgun(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2018
Was still Governors loyal to APC that refused to save to rubbish Jonathan and embezzle funds.

What many people don't know is that ironically, it was the Governors hunger for money that made Jonathan president when it was clear Yaradua can no longer perform.

Money was available for the Governors to share but there was no one to append his signature as C in C, they quickly brought in the doctrine of necessity via The national Assembly and made Jonathan president.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by vedaxcool(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2018
Peter Obi will prove a bigger liability at the end, he is a coward with perchant flip-flop syndrome. PDP created the problems we are facing they definitely cannot be the ones that will solve them.

90 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by lionness(f): 6:55am On Nov 02, 2018
GEJ left a staggering debt all the money looted by his Ebos ministers and cabinets. The only real minister in GEJs cabinet was a Yoruba man who handled agriculture, every other minister were criminals and failures. Even Obi was part of those crooks. And I'm supposed to vote for a thief who did absolutely nothing in his state and left heaps of gbese. and Bubu has now saved over $20 billion and borrowed less. Bubu met dozens of saboteurs, from sponsored MEND who bombed oil lines for over two years to Igbos who tried to kill his government and a rogue and useless NASS controlled by the opposition among delayed bills and sickness. You know when they say someone is Godsent and willing to do something with little. Yet the same man is fixing Lagos Ibadan, Sagamu, Lagos Aboekuta road, Rail lines linking Lagos Ogun and Oyo. Rail lines linking PH and Abuja and Lagos etc. we have better light and Bokoharam reduced to protesting and newts. Baba met a dead country, and today you see jobs posting daily on nairaland, only the useless youths stay on nairaland blaming their forefathers daily...a lot is happening and Thats why the Indians and Chinese are flooding the country. Bubu is building the Niger Bridge for these useless ingrates, fixing several SE roads that their gods and sons who looted the country dry didn't do for them. Atleast you know some folks are pathetically in love with corruption and trash...
PDP has shown it's a criminal entity with adopting those big thieves and flanking itself with all the confirmed looters of NASS. My SE and their love for looters. Hian!

221 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by OEPHIUS(m): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

But you are also proving the president's claims that the economic downturn is not his fault but has been there before he was sworn in. Whether APC or PDP.

And as Peter Obi said, "each and everyone of us opposed it".

Trying to pin this on Amaechi is just wrong because everyone of then supported not saving.

Then what did President Jonathan and Mrs Iweala do watch their share of the funds? Why didn't they save independently?

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by jumper524(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

he tried to make amend then but to no avail.
he saw the impending doom and as such solicited for a saviour..

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by jumper524(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2018
even a blind man knows this.. with the way GEJ deplicited the countrys reserves despite oil boom.. one can only connote that the country would hardly survive for long..

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by jumper524(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2018
If theres any reason i can support PDP its because of the discipline and honesty in peter obi as a person..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by thesicilian: 7:04am On Nov 02, 2018
You have not even been voted in and yet you have started making excuses already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by princdebola201(m): 7:05am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

did ameachi also loot the
52% federal govt collected

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 7:07am On Nov 02, 2018
The obi I know will never tread truth for anything.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 7:08am On Nov 02, 2018
jumper524:
If theres any reason i can support PDP its because of the discipline and honesty in peter obi as a person..

Peter obi is extremely principled as a man.

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 7:11am On Nov 02, 2018
vedaxcool:
Peter Obi will prove a bigger liability at the end, he is a coward with perchant flip-flop syndrome. PDP created the problems we are facing they definitely cannot be the ones that will solve them.

With the weapon of truth obi will do well.

21 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Kwamecron(m): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2018
Nigerians are the problems of themswlf
Especially those ipob ppl that think they are very industrial but rather import fake drug and product into the country and expired material to jopadize the life of its citizen. Always beating drum of war and making the country ungovernable. That's why most of the are illiterates

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by daddytime(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
He is presently a running mate to one of those who furthered the economic downturn. How ironic.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Officialpdpnig: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2018
This was why I said somewhere else that we are beginning to think that Atiku was a wrong choice for us as a presidential candidate.

He was heavily involved in the nose diving of our economy when he was vice to Obasanjo and now he has taken a man who was also heavily involved in the further nose diving of our economy under Goodluck Jonathan as a vice.

Obasanjo said " Atiku has a penchant for making wrong choices/decisions" and he appears to be right.

This will not end well for my party

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by emmie14: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Peter Obi analytically is saying that the same people in APC caused the present economic problem when in PDP and other parties before APC.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by yeyeboi(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by emmie14: 7:27am On Nov 02, 2018
jumper524:
even a blind man knows this..
with the way GEJ deplicited the countrys reserves despite oil boom..
one can only connote that the country would hardly survive for long..
Obi is blaming the governors which Rotimi Amaechi and Fashola is involved

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Onlinealaba(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2018
But this present govt has failed to do anything about it and rather they plunge the people into more hardship, Atikulating is a movement

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by googlepikins: 7:27am On Nov 02, 2018
Buhari will know no peace

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Sholaco: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2018
Lol even ur own ipob brothers will come for ur head obi.....don't shake that table undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Groovenaija360(m): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2018
Afonja man

Obasanjo duped the country
Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by spartan50(m): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
GEJ left a staggering debt all the money looted by his Ebos ministers and cabinets. The only real minister in GEJs cabinet was a Yoruba man who handled agriculture, every other minister were criminals and failures. Even Obi was part of those crooks. And I'm supposed to vote for a thief who did absolutely nothing in his state and left heaps of gbese. and Bubu has now saved over $20 billion and borrowed less. Bubu met dozens of saboteurs, from sponsored MEND who bombed oil lines for over two years to Igbos who tried to kill his government and a rogue and useless NASS controlled by the opposition among delayed bills and sickness. You know when they say someone is Godsent and willing to do something with little. Yet the same man is fixing Lagos Ibadan, Sagamu, Lagos Aboekuta road, Rail lines linking Lagos Ogun and Oyo. Rail lines linking PH and Abuja and Lagos etc. we have better light and Bokoharam reduced to protesting and newts. Baba met a dead country, and today you see jobs posting daily on nairaland, only the useless youths stay on nairaland blaming their forefathers daily...a lot is happening and Thats why the Indians and Chinese are flooding the country. Bubu is building the Niger Bridge for these useless ingrates, fixing several SE roads that their gods and sons who looted the country dry didn't do for them. Atleast you know some folks are pathetically in love with corruption and trash...
PDP has shown it's a criminal entity with adopting those big thieves and flanking itself with all the confirmed looters of NASS. My SE and their love for looters. Hian!
You are very naive
. What you wrote does it make sense

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by fasterwell(m): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2018
I dey come

Modified

Yes u are right that the nation's ecomic problems/recession were not created by this present govt.

Thank you for saying the truth unlike Atiku who was the head of national council on privatization and sold most the nation's assets to himself when he was vice president. But because he wants to be president he is now saying selling national assets to fund budget is irresponible.

Abi he wan clear the remaining assets when e become president ni?

Back to topic again

Oga u lied for blaming the governors oh

What happened to over $450 billion earned from crude oil sale in 5 years?

How did our nation's debt rose from $35 billion to $63 billion in the same 5 years of huge oil revenue?

Oga why are u blaming the governors for demanding a fair share of the reserve when the same reserve was been withrawn without any explanation other than THE PRESIDENT GAVE THE APPROVAL?

OGA NO BLAME THE SMOKE BUT BLAME WHO PUT THE FIRE OH

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by jeffizy(m): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2018
It is a well known fact. But some troublesome citizens are always trying to distort the fact.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi by Richdad50(m): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2018
Men with Honour. They tell truth no matter how inconvenient.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zamfara To Osun: Planned Deportation Of Northern Youths Unlawful / No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court / Peter Obi Ranks Number One On Twitter Trending Worldwide- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.