Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) (67504 Views)

Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures) / Fish With Human-Like Teeth Caught In Malaysia (Photos) / Rare Hawk From Finland Caught By Residents In Jigawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by SmartMugu: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Centuries ago, trained birds were used as courier.
Where?
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Guestlander: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2018
SarkinYarki:
If this happened anywhere in the South that bird would have been eaten ..I know what I am saying

Lol

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by soliddust2020: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2018
candygist:

Especially in warri, delta state

E for don end up for inside pot of ukodo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2018
Had it been the bird migrated from the USA or Russia, I would have called the bird a spy, but some birds do migrate from cold region to hot region. The bird will go back to Helsinki once winter is over.

2 Likes

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2018
SarkinYarki:
If this happened anywhere in the South that bird would have been eaten ..I know what I am saying
Don't mind most of them. They have tagged most animals as witches and wizards, brainwashed set of people.

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2018
Yes, you are right. Even some drug dealers do use birds to deliver drugs to some of their clients.
OkaNaUbe:

Centuries ago, trained birds were used as courier.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Akinya17: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2018
CodeTemplar:
That's cool oh. So birds can give NIPOST a run for their money...

Game of thrones Ravens come to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:53am On Nov 02, 2018
Birds were used by the Persians and Greeks to deliver messages, especially pigeons. Even drug dealers use birds to move drugs
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/29/iranian-police-seize-carrier-pigeons-used-to-smuggle-drugs
SmartMugu:

Where?
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by moses93(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2018
bird wey full for our farm. my kid bro even killed one yesterday sef.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by movetoca: 11:02am On Nov 02, 2018
mu2sa2:
You can say that again! Now somebody will come and say northerners are not educated or have no certificates. A cultured, disciplined person is educated - to hell with certificates.
Brother Musa so we from the south are not cultured or disciplined?
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by CapussoSeba: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
The people that caught that bird are mad angry
how can God give you free meat and you let it fly away ??

Southern mind , food gatherer stage of civilization despite the imposed education and modernization.

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by 8stargeneral: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Hv seen dis news on nairaland years back. undecided
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by TruthHurts1(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Buffalowings3:
That it was ringed by someone in the university of Helsinki doesn't mean it is owned by them.
This is called Tagging..
Banding is a type of tagging
There is also telemetry, a small electronic device attached to animals to track their migratory pattern.

You just had to contribute nonsense to the discussion

There is a post on Danielle Okeke also on the fp
That is where you belong..

http://mentalfloss.com/article/63777/10-animals-we-tag-and-what-we-learn-it

Yours must be a lonely, sorry and pathetic life if all it takes to trigger you is a comment on social media that wasn't even directed at you.
I don't do deadbeats, so when next you quote me, I'll simply ignore you.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 11:22am On Nov 02, 2018
How weird
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by 2ru9jaman: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2018
I thank God for NYSC scheme that gave me opportunity to traveled down there Jigawa, yobe and bauchi. I would have been ignorant of many things.
That bird caught among other species do embarks on annual mass migration from europe to nigeria specifically Hadejia water basin plain. there are conservative personell monitoring and preserving the birds.
Their duty includes discouraging the indigene from killig them. capturing and tagging them helps in monitoring the movement of the birds. there are some of these birds captured that have three or more tags as you have finland tag, nigeria tag are also fixed thier leg as well. It is an interesting experience watching and learning about these birds.

4 Likes

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by joshuamadu: 11:37am On Nov 02, 2018
Abi oooo

Hey...! Take a Chill.....! It's sarcasm..!
Life is too short not to have a sense of humour for the weekend...! [/quote]
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by izicooo(f): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
The people that caught that bird are mad angry

how can God give you free meat and you let it fly away ??
Forget it brother, itz so obvious that you were not a science student.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2018
This bird flew all the way from europe to pay us a visit in africacheesy. Sure thing is dat this can swrve as an alternative to UPS and DHL. Anyway thank God na north e land cos if na south for here e land dem for chop amcheesy.

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2018
CodeTemplar:
That's cool oh. So birds can give NIPOST a run for their money...
NIPOST sti dey exist?
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 02, 2018
SarkinYarki:
I saw the original news, the hunters that caught the bird wanted to slaughter it. they were begged to let it go.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by 12345baba(m): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2018
Make boko haram no catch that bird o
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by greenprince(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2018
tsephanyah:
Fiction

How? My university does the same thing. Some even put trackers on the birds.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by greenprince(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
ednut1:
What a foolish bird. U leave helsinki come nigeria Lol

Lol.... It's the cold that chases them off.... him go still go back, e no need passport or visa cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
all the way from finland hmm
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Adakintroy: 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
ZKOSOSO:

Hey...! Take a Chill.....! It's sarcasm..!
Life is too short not to have a sense of humour for the weekend...!

Tingo. After you Don cast you go use play cover am.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by GenFunction: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2018
TruthHurts1:
Una and nonsense news.
mumu
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Aleora(f): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2018
This bird na illegal immigrant, oya make them deport am..
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by jman77(m): 12:23pm On Nov 02, 2018
A farmer in igboora (oyo state) caught two birds tagged from one of the Scandinavian university eating his fish and brought them to university of ibadan.i was so amazed that birds do migrate that far.

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Wow.....! That Eiye deserves an award, for covering nearly 6000Km to inspect the Land of the Extreme Poorest People on Earth.

The bird came to Nigeria to lose weight knowing fully well that there's no food in the country.

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2018
The label on its feet can lead to an infection.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Albino Turtle': Yellow Turtle In India (Photos) / Lion Spotted Eating Grass In A Nigerian Zoo (Video) / Woman Holds Down A Live Python, Cuts It Open To Remove Goat (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.