Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,202 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) (67467 Views)

Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures) / Fish With Human-Like Teeth Caught In Malaysia (Photos) / Rare Hawk From Finland Caught By Residents In Jigawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by afariogunone1(f): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hello Nigerians
Abeg me no wan hear say there is an outbreak of a rare disease in jigawa state o
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by PACHRIS(m): 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2018
What is happening to this finland bird, i caught one like that in the year 2000 as well it has the tag like ring it was inscribed finland university zoo, i was keeping the bird and try contacted university of ilorin zoo to return the bird, but it died tthe third day i think i still have the ring at home, i caught it on one mountain at igbeti, oyo state

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by lorhema(f): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Not injected. It's ringed and tagged. Anybody who catches the bird is supposed to note the location of catch and send a report to the address on the ring. This helps researchers determine migratory routes of the bird. (European birds move to the tropics around winter and return to Europe in the fall or spring)

It's nothing new, this has been going on for at least a hundred years in Nigeria

Correct. But they don't return in the fall/autumn. It's getting cold then as winter approaches. That's when they leave for warmer climes.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Robnectar(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Wow.....! That Eiye deserves an award, for covering nearly 6000Km to inspect the Land of the Extreme Poorest People on Earth.

u remodify ur post abi.... awon eyan jayjay....
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
lorhema:

Correct. But they don't return in the fall/autumn. It's getting cold then as winter approaches. That's when they leave for warmer climes.

You're right. Spring / summer
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by TruthHurts1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
GenFunction:
my papa na mumu
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by emperorblog(m): 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2018
that might have inject d,bird before he can,fly that amount of kilometer
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by bmos(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
fiercehillz:
At least it wasn't cooked or roasted.
I am still surprised. I think Nigerians are really ATIKUlating OBIdiently.

Rather Atikulooting
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by SmartMugu: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Birds were used by the Persians and Greeks to deliver messages, especially pigeons. Even drug dealers use birds to move drugs
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/29/iranian-police-seize-carrier-pigeons-used-to-smuggle-drugs
Thanks for clarifying. I knew of drones being used to transport items, not birds. How much weight can a bird possibly carry - probably eagles can carry more, just not sure of their comprehension level and how they can be trained on where to take the items to since they are some aggressive and predatory birds.

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by abiolert(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2018
ZKOSOSO:

Hey...! Take a Chill.....! It's sarcasm..!
Life is too short not to have a sense of humour for the weekend...!
This nor be sarcastic statement, na purely confra langua. Good day.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Gunnax(m): 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2018
I believe the bird flew for Atiku, on its way to PDP headquater Abuja,, make dem settle d bird o
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Mrworldwide007(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
The bird eye look like the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.........
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
abiolert:

This nor be sarcastic statement, na purely confra langua. Good day.
Noted.......!! Still..Am not.....and Never will.....
Just musing with language on Google.com
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Anonymous4: 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
[quote author=ZKOSOSO post=72613049]Wow.....! That Eiye deserves an award, for covering nearly 6000Km to inspect the Land of the Extreme Poorest People on Earth.

I think that's where you come from Ode
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Tapout(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Not injected. It's ringed and tagged. Anybody who catches the bird is supposed to note the location of catch and send a report to the address on the ring. This helps researchers determine migratory routes of the bird. (European birds move to the tropics around winter and return to Europe in the spring)

It's nothing new, this has been going on for at least a hundred years in Nigeria

exactly!!!!!
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
nop. Not at all.....! Just musing..!

Well, you used confraternity lingua. My apologies.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
kingthreat:

Well, you used confraternity lingua. My apologies.

Thanks...! Welcome my brother..!
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
SarkinYarki:

If this happened anywhere in the South that bird would have been eaten ..I know what I am saying

My thoughts exactly - that bird would have been butchered sharp sharp as someone would have been celebrating meat for pepper.

1 Like

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by promzy555(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
I nor see other countries fly enta u say ba Buhari country, na hunger gi kill u.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by bewla(m): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2018
SarkinYarki:
If this happened anywhere in the South that bird would have been eaten ..I know what I am saying
u insult my people why not East
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Acepen(m): 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2018
forghon:
People from the south be like
this image is very cool kudos to the photographer.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2018
Cacawa2:
This bird should be allowed to fly away, it’s part of an ongoing academic research and has probably been injected with something.

If I hear. Nothing wey no go comot from the peppersoup after Mama Sidika handle am

Them get luck e no land for my area. University of Finland for track am come wia the peppersoup dey go down.
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Not injected. It's ringed and tagged. Anybody who catches the bird is supposed to note the location of catch and send a report to the address on the ring. This helps researchers determine migratory routes of the bird. (European birds move to the tropics around winter and return to Europe in the spring)

What if we notify them and eat it?

Who says my area cannot be the final destination?

Or I will tell them it was dying when I saw it so I had to put him out of his misery grin
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
ollah2:
This bird wasn't killed because it was found in the north and northerners watch Kannywood

If this bird was found in the south then dinner is served all thanks to Nollywood and Pentecostal churches

Sure. It would never make it to the internet .

Lots of wildlife have gone extinct, without a trace down there
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by grandstar(m): 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Will you sharrap! grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Veronica15: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
Will you sharrap smiley
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by Oluwabosco22(m): 2:52am On Nov 17, 2018
It's not strange, the bird must have been used as a tool for research by the university. I believe they sent out more of these birds and they were lucky this one was spotted and reported.

Oyibo dey do research everyday we dey here dey comment on social media. Una Wehdone oo
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by tck2000(m): 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
That's cool oh. So birds can give NIPOST a run for their money...
Re: Bird 'From University Of Finland' Caught In Jigawa (Photos) by ebenezar202I: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2020
candygist:

Especially in warri, delta state
you're a prophet. This post of yours 2 years ago just visualized today https://www.nairaland.com/6282789/peregrine-falcon-finland-killed-delta

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasa's Mars Helicopter Touch Down On Red Planet (Photos) / Woman Holds Down A Live Python, Cuts It Open To Remove Goat (Photos, Video) / 'Albino Turtle': Yellow Turtle In India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.