Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month (13620 Views)

My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria / Rice Farming: My Sweet-bitter Experience. Looking forward & Re-strategizing!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by lanresalty: 3:00am On Oct 06, 2019
can i know more about the rice farming because i have interest and i will be glad if you can put me through
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mamabj: 4:38am On Oct 19, 2019
I am interested in rice farming.
My e mail is.....olubunmieadebiyi@gmail.com, you can please send me your mail or WhatsApp number
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by Profpuej(m): 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
I have interest to go into this rice production but i have only a plot to start with,the land is not a swampy area.how many bags can i use to start up?,i don't have money to go for fertilizer for now but how i handle the bird issue..?
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by enyi1: 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2019
mohisd:
you can ask me ALL you need to know about rice farming ..u can email me for special consultation mohisdd@gmail.com
Indeed..., internet farmer
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by sky4r: 4:55am On Oct 20, 2019
anybody with contact for hybrid faro 61 variety or ofada.
price per kg.
thanks
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by ikelords(m): 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
EMMAACHILE:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/we-have-identified-faro-61-as-high-yielding-rice-seed.html
When you plant Faro 61 and apply adequate fertilizer at the appropriate time with adequate water supply, it will be ready for harvest within 90 days. At harvest, you only need to cut the panicle leaving the stem.

When you apply fertilizer and water to the rice plant, it germinates again. The interesting thing about it is anywhere you harvest one panicle of rice, about three or more new ones will come up. Since you did not plant it fresh, it takes only 30 days instead of 90 to harvest. And any farmland you harvest 20 tonnes the first time; you will be expected to harvest about 50 tonnes at the second harvest which is just 30 days away. After the second harvest, you will again apply fertilizer and water and wait for another 30 days for another bigger harvest where you will get far more than what you got the second time. Since every panicle of rice you harvested, three or more new ones will germinate, the more you harvest the more the yield. The farmer is expected to clear the farm and plant new set of seed once in a year after over five harvests.

The harvest going on in my farm right now is the fourth harvest and next month we shall harvest the same plant for the fifth time. So, it is only the first time that you plant this seed that you will wait for 90 days before harvesting. All other subsequent harvests will be after every 30 days. You can get five to six tonnes per hectare after harvest. But we are buying the seed from the research institute with our money.
How can I get this faro 61 seed? Which institute sells it.
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by topekole(f): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
Yes I am very much interested in this faro 61 rice please which institute is selling it and how much?
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by ikelords(m): 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
topekole:
Yes I am very much interested in this faro 61 rice please which institute is selling it and how much?
you will get it from IITA, Ibadan .
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 11:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
Started 8hec of rice farm this year
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by Nezzjnr: 2:27am On Jul 06, 2020
mohisd:
How do you intend selling them
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by bizzibodi(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
EMMAACHILE:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/we-have-identified-faro-61-as-high-yielding-rice-seed.html
When you plant Faro 61 and apply adequate fertilizer at the appropriate time with adequate water supply, it will be ready for harvest within 90 days. At harvest, you only need to cut the panicle leaving the stem.

When you apply fertilizer and water to the rice plant, it germinates again. The interesting thing about it is anywhere you harvest one panicle of rice, about three or more new ones will come up. Since you did not plant it fresh, it takes only 30 days instead of 90 to harvest. And any farmland you harvest 20 tonnes the first time; you will be expected to harvest about 50 tonnes at the second harvest which is just 30 days away. After the second harvest, you will again apply fertilizer and water and wait for another 30 days for another bigger harvest where you will get far more than what you got the second time. Since every panicle of rice you harvested, three or more new ones will germinate, the more you harvest the more the yield. The farmer is expected to clear the farm and plant new set of seed once in a year after over five harvests.

The harvest going on in my farm right now is the fourth harvest and next month we shall harvest the same plant for the fifth time. So, it is only the first time that you plant this seed that you will wait for 90 days before harvesting. All other subsequent harvests will be after every 30 days. You can get five to six tonnes per hectare after harvest. But we are buying the seed from the research institute with our money.
@emmachile U mean one can harvest rice 5X In a year,how can i get that variety.when is d 1st planting seasons?
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2020
Nezzjnr:

How do you intend selling them
a bag of paddy is 16k ...Miller's are rushing
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2020
mohisd:
. Have been so busy in the farm forgot to update
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by willybaby(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2020
mohisd:
. Have been so busy in the farm forgot to update
please update we are learning from you and following keenly
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by bizzibodi(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
ikelords:
you will get it from IITA, Ibadan .
Do they have enough,if I want to buy any time?
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by bizzibodi(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
mohisd:
How many bags are U expecting from d 8htrs....ceteris paribus.
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
bizzibodi:

How many bags are U expecting from d 8htrs....ceteris paribus.
400 bags of paddy
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by Jackyz: 11:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
i love this
we-have-identified-faro-61-as-high-yielding-rice-seed.html

When you apply fertilizer and water to the rice plant, it germinates again. The interesting thing about it is anywhere you harvest one panicle of rice, about three or more new ones will come up. Since you did not plant it fresh, it takes only 30 days instead of 90 to harvest. And any farmland you harvest 20 tonnes the first time; you will be expected to harvest about 50 tonnes at the second harvest which is just 30 days away. After the second harvest, you will again apply fertilizer and water and wait for another 30 days for another bigger harvest where you will get far more than what you got the second time. Since every panicle of rice you harvested, three or more new ones will germinate, the more you
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by bizzibodi(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
mohisd:
400 bags of paddy
Do U intend to use combine harvester to harvest or people if d later how many days,people does it takes & what d harvesting price?I want to learn.
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by bizzibodi(m): 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
okoroemeka:
be careful rice is for the career farmers u can easily get burnt ,I know a friend that lost #500,000 on rice year due to birds,we tried everything from knockout bangers to placing loudspeakers on the field.
Haba!banger & loudspeakers shld have scare of quela birds na unless U are not consistent.
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
bizzibodi:

Do U intend to use combine harvester to harvest or people if d later how many days,people does it takes & what d harvesting price?I want to learn.
labour price depends on your location
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
On going rice grain

Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
No.2

Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
Transplanted fild 2hectares

Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by bizzibodi(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
mohisd:
labour price depends on your location
Could U gives me d cost break down,how many htrs of rice cultivation can make U a millionaire in 4mnths & what is your major challenges since U have been cultivating for yrs & how do U overcome them?
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by blaze612(m): 6:58am On Oct 02, 2020
bizzibodi:

Could U gives me d cost break down,how many htrs of rice cultivation can make U a millionaire in 4mnths & what is your major challenges since U have been cultivating for yrs & how do U overcome them?

no reply
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by Ebenxy: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2020
aww....this is amazing.
pls which research institute did you get ur seeds from
Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2020
Drying up ready for hervest

Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2020
Pix

Re: Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month by mohisd(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2020
Drying process

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Your Opinion On My Packaged Garri & Rice(photos) / We Buy White Cow Horn (#1500 to #1700 per KG) / 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.