Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 (18254 Views)

Tinubu About To Recover Over $14 Billion Stolen By Two People In Buhari’s Admin / "I Inherited All The Assets And Liabilities Of Buhari" - Tinubu (video) / Buhari Admin Should Face Transparency International & Leave GEJ Alone - Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by pryme(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
stonemasonn:
you can blame that on GEJ but not the past 16 years. Apart failure in providing electricity, if Nigeria has sustained the progress of Obasanjo’s 8 years in power, we would have gone far, instead we moving backwards.

True, but death had to take the replacement he hand picked - Yaradua.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by obonujoker(m): 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Buhari has done well.

1.Completion of Abuja-Kaduna Railway after over a decade.
2. Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa Road
3. Reduction of yearly rice import from 644,000 tons to 20,000 tons
4. Abuja Metrorail
5. Revamping of 11 fertilizer blending plants
6. National Social Investment Program which provides social safety and employment for over 9 million Nigerians.
7. Itakpe-Warri Railway after several decades
8. Completion of Port Harcourt International Airport Omagwa New Terminal
9. Shored up foreign reserve to over $40b from less than $30b despite economic recession.
10. Energizing major markets with solar power.

11. Name them.........

Stories.... Jonathanians said the same thing prior to 2015....
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by somehow: 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2018
Really? The same man that swallowed $16 Billion?
stonemasonn:
you can blame that on GEJ but not the past 16 years. Apart failure in providing electricity, if Nigeria has sustained the progress of Obasanjo’s 8 years in power, we would have gone far, instead we moving backwards.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Komolafe89: 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
[it's because you people put the blame on this administration too much and to clarify the tax on them caused by formal administration quote author=cute9ja post=72615713]

Maybe the just have the figures now, or maybe they have been showing but you didn't see, or maybe it's because 2019 is around the corner or maybe... (Ok enough with the maybe's smiley )[/quote]
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by bantudra: 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
Add this to sponsored MEND bombing thousands of oil pipe line while trying to cripple the economy. Add this to the trillions looted by GEJ, his families and his SE ministers who after leaving office created IPOB. Add this to the stolen money by Saraki controlled NASS through padded budgets and you'd wonder how this government wasn't even borrowing to pay salary unlike the clueless one and his fat finance minister had done despite making the most money ever in the history of oil sales in Nigeria. Yes, despite the insane money GEJ made, he borrowed money to pay salaries. Despite the obscene money Nigeria made within the decades old reign of PDP we don't have power, no good roads, minimum wage was pathetic, most money were looted to Dubai and Europe. Atiku is richer than Nigeria and during the privatization enriched himself 10x than even Obj, the reason they hated one another. And the pathetic guy even built a private university, you can all kiss free education goodbye once you vote him in. Their Peter Obi candidate owns the biggest shopping mall in Nigeria called NEXT and the guy built it in Abuja and not his state because he looted the same anamabra dry when he was a governor and didn't accomplish anything tangible besides making the place a haven for kidnappers and criminals. And yes, PDP are only ganging up against Buhari because they are angry the funds aren't circulating like it used to. The money for projects is meant for servicing oloshos and buying posh properties and jets abroad. That's PDP motto and we all know this. And To hell with PDP. Igbos can vote Atiku as the president of Biafra, anything but PDP!

the motto of fee dee fee is,make a very few rich and let the mass of people poor...

since fee dee fee is gone we dont hear a bizarr word like stomach infrastructure no more....

what a bizarr word....

1 Like

Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by bantudra: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2018
ryloy:
grin
PDP Govt: Nigerian govt borrowing billions to pay
salaries – Okonjo-Iweala
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

APC Govt:We must borrow more to deliver infrastructure —Adeosun

https://punchng.com/we-must-borrow-more-to-deliver-infrastructure-adeosun/amp/

i liked that adeosun lady....its sad that she didnt went through due process to reach that position...but we cant make no exceptions....

sad story...that should be a lesson to anybody that want to corner corner again....you will be shamed publicly and sacked....

thats the way things suppose to be....
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by CoolAmbience(m): 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
obonujoker:

Stories.... Jonathanians said the same thing prior to 2015....

Disprove it. It is that simple.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Yusuf54: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
Those backing Atiku are mentally deaf,blind and dumb
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Marvel2rule: 7:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
For me, Nigeria problem did not come over night and as such it will take a while to take the country to where we want it to be.

However, borrowing is not bad as a country in fact the giant economies in the world have huge debts. You can not develop your economy without borrrowing and I am sure Nigeria debt profile as at today is more than what it was in 2015 and we are borrowing as we speak now. Having said that, the purpose of borrowing is very crucial here, you dont borrow for capital projects that do not have any economic returns or benefits. The most important capital project is human capital which any serious minded government will invest in. There are issues everywhere, our FX market is operating in such a way that some people can become rich over night while some might never have access to FX for their business.
Everyday we hear about intervention funds in the agric sector but the question is are the beneficiaries of these funds the real farmers? And if they are, then what is the contribution of Agriculture to our Net export and GDP. Are we self sufficient in terms of local production of foods and how has this impacted inflation. Some days back govt is blaming the media for not telling the masses their achievement in the agric sector. Does anybody need microscope to see any visible achievemnet?

Government throughout the world is a continuation and if one govt completes the project started by another govt both of them should be given credits for it and it should not be a big deal. This is not a big deal in a developed economy/western world.

Nigerian economy as at today does not look positive and we must blame the managers of our national resources for it. If we look at the pointers, there is no genuine indices and variables or roadmaps that we can rely on to say Nigeria will be better in 5 year's time and if there are no such indicators then we can not say the govt is a serious one. Let's leave politics aside and reason like concerned Nigerians who want a better country for ourselves and our children.
We need a Very strong and serious economic managers who understand the economy and ready to grow it. May be Nigerian youths are so much comfortable that they believe in hopeless hope....Well, personally I dont support continuity here because I am yet to see any reasonable reason for it, not with this debt is repaid myopic reason.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Mike008(m): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2018
If these stats are true then the government technically is working.
I believe the next for years for Buhari will be plausible.

If Buhari can restore decency in all government institutions especially with the manner of recruitment into government offices it's another credit. Employment slots should not be given out, it should be done based on merit.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by OgunleyeAA: 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2018
lionness:
Add this to sponsored MEND bombing thousands of oil pipe line while trying to cripple the economy. Add this to the trillions looted by GEJ, his families and his SE ministers who after leaving office created IPOB. Add this to the stolen money by Saraki controlled NASS through padded budgets and you'd wonder how this government wasn't even borrowing to pay salary unlike the clueless one and his fat finance minister had done despite making the most money ever in the history of oil sales in Nigeria. Yes, despite the insane money GEJ made, he borrowed money to pay salaries. Despite the obscene money Nigeria made within the decades old reign of PDP we don't have power, no good roads, minimum wage was pathetic, most money were looted to Dubai and Europe. Atiku is richer than Nigeria and during the privatization enriched himself 10x than even Obj, the reason they hated one another. And the pathetic guy even built a private university, you can all kiss free education goodbye once you vote him in. Their Peter Obi candidate owns the biggest shopping mall in Nigeria called NEXT and the guy built it in Abuja and not his state because he looted the same anamabra dry when he was a governor and didn't accomplish anything tangible besides making the place a haven for kidnappers and criminals. And yes, PDP are only ganging up against Buhari because they are angry the funds aren't circulating like it used to. The money for projects is meant for servicing oloshos and buying posh properties and jets abroad. That's PDP motto and we all know this. And To hell with PDP. Igbos can vote Atiku as the president of Biafra, anything but PDP!

You can say anything about pdp 16yrs rule and Apc govt. After all they all Nigeria politicians.
But vehemently disagree with you that Obi looted Anambra. My sister that is the only governor that served for 8yrs and efcc did not knock at his door or any corruption controversy. Pls don't blackmail people unecessarily
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by obailala(m): 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Joevics:

None?

Lol, you are funny.

He didn't build 12 universities?
He didn't construct East west road from delta to Akwa -Ibom?

The road I just past through some days back.

Why do you guys live in lies?
When I see comments comments like this, I can't help but login and drop a response because it's clear a lot of people have no clue what is going on.

First of all, there's a difference between ESTABLISHING universities and BUILDING universities. If as a president, I give an executive order to convert Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Effurun to Federal University of Petroleum Effurun, or I give an executive order to convert Alvan Ikoku College of Education to Alvan Ikoku University of Education, in both cases, I can be said to have ESTABLISHED 2 new universities; I wouldn't really think 'BUILDING' is the right word. Just the same way if Buhari converts Maritime Institute Oron to Maritime University Oron, would you really calll that 'building' new universities?... One or two of the 12 unis are brand new though.

About the East West road, did you just say GEJ buikt it from Delta to Akwa Ibom?... As at 2007, that road had been constructed from Warri up to Ughelli. That last time I passed that route was in 2014 and the only progress I saw was up from Ughelli to Evwreni both in Delta state (anyone who knows that road knows the lenght between Ughelli and Evwreni). Except youre saying massive progress was achieved on that road between 2014 June and 2015, then you either dont know the road you're talking about or youre just being mischievous.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by ajl: 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2018
Though I am no longer a supporter of Buhari, thanks to his inaction after middle-belt killings, nepotism and blind eye he gave to his corrupt team members. But I still think he is an unlucky fellow. He always has the misfortune of coming to power after terribly corrupt regimes had plundered the country resources before he got there. It was same situation in 1979 - 1983, when the civilian government of Shehu Shagari' National Party of Nigeria cleared the till before he took over. In fact, that regime had implement an austerity measure due to what could be considered as a recession during that period. Like now, the price of oil had dropped below budget expectation. Nigerians have been suffering for a long time. We just have to take charge of our destiny and send these corrupt and incompetent politicians away.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
seanfer:

1)It was Yaradua that Increased the Minimum Wage
2) Jonathan left less that $25B in our External Reserve and Just $1Billion ECA at at today the Foreign Reserve is above $43billion and the ECA is above $3Billion

Which school did you attend again

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/senate-approves-n18000-national-minimum-wage/
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
pryme:

If you want fact and figures I believe you are smart enough to find them, if not I can't help you, or better still flip through the pages of Nairaland you will see reports released by debt management office.
But even if you read them you will refuse to see what's in front of you.

You can't compare the circumstances Buhari operates with that of Jonathan. Only people driven by sentiments do this, like you.

Buhari's economic decision was not bad, at first I criticized it, but obviously Buhari knew something we don't. Buhari banned importation of goods, implement the use of TSA, rigorous approach to agriculture, going after looted funds.
Then he cleared the backlog owed petroleum marketers, more than 3 batches of bail out funds were given to governors to clear salary and pension areas.

If your GEJ government was such a success how come Buhari is the one paying off and clearing these debts, with how much? If you are being honest with your self you will see that oil crossed the $50 mark per barrel not long ago, even at that it's no where near, $110 per barrel, and you are comparing them side by side? how dumb.

I have told you guys go and read the American recession under Obama and its effects, you will see that Buhari handled the recession well.

Akuko Mike Ejeagha... blabbing all through...ka chi foo
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by frubben(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2018
beegodson:
Now that's what i call facts and evidence right there, I am sure some PDP wailers will still look for a way to debunk this, despite the fact that all that inherited liabilities and debt are undeniable facts, when they talk about the sincerity of PMB; I don't doubt it, just look at what these PDP people left behind for PMB, and yet people are still blaming PMB for the mess of the PDP... This is wrong. The PDP will never accept their faults and mistakes, instead they are looking for ways to pour it on PMB just to make him look bad before the people, well now we know..we cannot allow the PDP's return and cause a disaster and take this country back to the bad state they left it.
PMB has redeemed this country off of the Burden PDP left on him, we will not allow them repeat this same thing and take us back to square one.
NO WAY!
same people that gave us that debt are in APC cos buhari gave dem the appionment. So we will blame him
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Baselm: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2018
Joevics:

Dude, I dont know what most of you smoke walahi.

Goodluck refurbished universities?
the one in Otuoke, I saw with my own eyes was built from scratch. I don't know why you want to turn history upside down.

As for the east west road. Read what you posted again. I travelled for a burial in 2014 from delta state to akwa-ibom and a large part of that road had been completed by then.

So please shut up. You are even implicating your party with all of these. I believe Buhari will likely take glory for a road that was over 80% complete as at 2014.

Stop trying to turn things upside-down. I don't have a short memory like most people you lie to.

This is what you posted.

Yet you disproved this by your own facts.

Now look into a mirror and tell yourself that you are an irredeemable liar.

GEJ didn't build any university, he created them. How many of those universities have a permanent site yet, to create a university, most times they convert a previous educational institution to a university as a mini campus and subsequently build a new permanent site.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Amhappy(f): 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
Economic indices has no clear pointer where Buhari is taking us to. If you add nepotism and how bloodshed and insecurity is handled then I can no longer consider Buhari.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by flames01: 1:08am On Nov 03, 2018
cute9ja:

Maybe 3 years is too small to solve the problems of 16 years, don't you think?

Have you ever asked maybe 3 years is too short to borrow 12 trillion naira by buhari's government.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2018
jaxxy:
Why are people trying so hard to defend buharys faliure? If sm1 has performed we will see it,feel it and appreciate it.

The trajectory of buharis policies, capacity, crediblity, economic competence, performance and even body language cannot take us anywhere good or better. They can’t give what they don’t have.

I tell people something, achievements of this administration can only be seen by people who choose to see them, and then what we choose to see as achievements differs.

We like the get it quick mentality and we don't appreciate processes except results (quick ones) but most times the best results are the ones with carefully planned and executed processes. These are things the current administration is doing. It's left to those who want to see it to see or don't. Those that are seeing and benefiting are doing so.

1 Like

Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
Whynotthetruth:

Since you aren't ignorant Oga plz tell us;
1)How much was minimum wage before Jonathan came? how much was NYSC stipend? Didn't Jonathan increase same and paid yet you accuse of mismanagement?
2)Oga Prof, what's our savings now? since price of crude has been relatively above oil benchmark...
3)What's the implementation percentage of capital projects since 2015?
4)What's debt ratio to economic growth since buhari presidency?
5)What factors contributed to recession if not Buhari's economic mistakes?
6)Is it a coincidence that he managed recession in 1983 & 2015?

Lol, with all evidences and facts plus figures flying the cyber space you still want somebody to come and massage your ignorant post I guess.

If you say the economic policies of the Buhari administration is poor, that's because you are not benefiting directly, it's understandable as your lots can't see it because you are blinded by what you understand which is get it quick not minding the future. Mind you those who the economic policies are helping won't come in nairaland to wail, they'll rather enjoy themselves in peace silently.

Whether economic policy that Jonathan had was so good that they had to keep borrowing money to service recurrent expenditures rather than capital.

Buhari meets recessions because his predecessors creates one before he comes around.

Nigeria is getting better, you can choose to keep you blind sight to it, but those that are seeing it will keep seeing it. Lol, majority of those that are seeing it are the ones that'll come out to vote not you lots that will hide your face in your rooms on election days.

Have fun.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
gamaliel9:

Tell Tolu to publish the whole truth...what about current debts and liabilities...current subsidies? if you noticed he carefully evaded them... half truth told like total truth will turn out in the end to be total lie.....anyway man on the street is feeling the heat...

If he Buhari did all these...why is Nigeria economy still comatose and about to enter another recession? We need to try another government ....Buhari has failed...If Atiku fails...we try another one....three years is enough to set the right steps....there is nothing on the ground to show it will improve...for one, dollar is not coming down. For a serious government...it would have encourage PRODUCTION....Agriculture is good but the values added are neither here nor their...prices of foodstuffs are still up there

There are indices on ground to show, now before you ask me for proof, maybe you should drop your proof that counters that there's no indices of growth. However, many people come on nairaland with the ignorance of the obvious simply because they want to be on the opposite side of the table (am sure you can only see from that view sha)

As much as I hate borrowing, I'll appreciate it if it's helping in terms of capital development which will in turn create the necessary results that push the nation forward.

The obvious are there flying around us, let's see them with unbias minds. The current administration is not the best, but they are trying hard to get it right.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by jaxxy(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2018
jinneyb:

I tell people something, achievements of this administration can only be seen by people who choose to see them, and then what we choose to see as achievements differs.

We like the get it quick mentality and we don't appreciate processes except results (quick ones) but most times the best results are the ones with carefully planned and executed processes. These are things the current administration is doing. It's left to those who want to see it to see or don't. Those that are seeing and benefiting are doing so.

I’m not sm naive person bro. This administration has done nothing, all the jumping arround in the last 4months has been to save face ahead of elections if not we wud be in worse situation, Most of the performances was done by Osinbajo and that is when allow him cos buharis men have their own agenda.

I won’t reinforce faliure.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by uba1991: 1:34pm On Nov 03, 2018
Willie2015:

Buhari was employed to fix these problems.
Instead of showing their scorecard for the past 3 years on how they have fixed these problems.
Buhari is busy reminding us of loads of problem he inherited and yet keep adding sorrow, tears and blood.

buhari paying dos debt and pension errears is a score card. pdp was there for 16yrs they couldnt settle dos pensioneers, many good companies such as micheline av to stop it opperation due to d useless govt of pdp. GOD BLESS BUHARI
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Willie2015: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=uba1991 post=72648475]buhari paying dos debt and pension errears is a score card. pdp was there for 16yrs they couldnt settle dos pensioneers, many good companies such as micheline av to stop it opperation due to d useless govt of pdp. GOD BLESS BUHARI[b][/quote[/b]

Paying debt, pension arrears etc is not a score card. There are standard economic indicators to show the scorecard of any govt. Youth unemployment rate, Unemployment rate, Inflation Rate,Minimum Wage vs Living Wage, Interest Rate & GDP growth rate etc are acceptable indicators to show any administration scorecard.

These are datas generated by Nigeria Bureau of Statistics, sincerely Buhari Administration scorecard is poor.
Folks that listed the debt and liabilities should also balance their narrative by listing the assets that PDP administration left behind. At least, Buhari Admin inherited both assets and liabilities.

The thruth is that the Buhari Admin have no working solution to Youth unemployment rate, Unemployment rate, Inflation Rate,Minimum Wage vs Living Wage, Interest Rate etc. from all their policies in the last three years. N power, Trader Moni, etc cant even scratch the surface of the unemployment figure in this country.

Our fathers queued for bread and milk in 1984 as a result of hunger, in 2018 Nigerians are stealing pot of food, committing suicide and being killed by Fulani Herdsmen. Let Atiku come on board with his own policies, we will kick him out again if failed to deal with our problems.

1 Like

Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by levite247: 11:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Click to see Buhari's Achievement. Very intimidating!!! And some misinformed Nigerians are still Stimulating.
https://www.channelstv.com/2018/06/01/presidency-lists-buharis-achievements-in-security-economy-others-after-three-years/
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 12:16am On Nov 04, 2018
jaxxy:

I’m not sm naive person bro. This administration has done nothing, all the jumping arround in the last 4months has been to save face ahead of elections if not we wud be in worse situation, Most of the performances was done by Osinbajo and that is when allow him cos buharis men have their own agenda.

I won’t reinforce faliure.

So you mean for the past over 3 and a half years, this administration have not done a thing.

Okay, I have nothing to say again.
Re: Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:47am On Nov 04, 2018
jinneyb:

Lol, with all evidences and facts plus figures flying the cyber space you still want somebody to come and massage your ignorant post I guess.

If you say the economic policies of the Buhari administration is poor, that's because you are not benefiting directly, it's understandable as your lots can't see it because you are blinded by what you understand which is get it quick not minding the future. Mind you those who the economic policies are helping won't come in nairaland to wail, they'll rather enjoy themselves in peace silently.

Whether economic policy that Jonathan had was so good that they had to keep borrowing money to service recurrent expenditures rather than capital.

Buhari meets recessions because his predecessors creates one before he comes around.

Nigeria is getting better, you can choose to keep you blind sight to it, but those that are seeing it will keep seeing it. Lol, majority of those that are seeing it are the ones that'll come out to vote not you lots that will hide your face in your rooms on election days.

Have fun.
wetin he talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ortom: FG Goes After Kanu, Igboho, Spares Fulani Bandits / Jigawa Flood: Over 50 People Killed And Many Displaced (Video) / Governor Ortom Meets With IGP Adamu Over Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.