Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? (11427 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom / Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Dadadavid12(m): 10:42am On Nov 02, 2018
Many Christians today did not believed in herb. They always says blood of Jesus is enough to heal them. My question
1. Who created the Herbs?
2. why did the herbs created ?
3. Is it a sin if Christian takes the herbs ?

Some pastors says it is not good to tell their members to take herbs while they took the herbs secret in their own house. why is it like that ?
This is a story of a pastor who has a member that is going through pains because her baby was seriously ill and she took her baby to her pastor, her pastor pray and prayed but no solution the pastor also read some psalms, burnt it and mixed it with pap for the child but nothing works.
A man came and saw the baby and said this sickness is from the womb that the baby ate hair when he was in the womb. So the man recommended herbs for the baby and the hair which was inside the baby was out through the man simple incantations. now the baby is alive.
please my people contribute to this topic.
pastors are taking herbs privately but they don't want to tell their members when they need help when sick. They said they don't want their members to call them herbalist ...
please contribute .......

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by vaxx: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2018
Most medicine are originally from herbs". Authough they are some from animal and mineral sources as well.

Infact drugs such (aspirin, Morphium, Tamoxifen, Vin­cris­tin, etc.) were originally derived from botanical material.and therefore herbs. Any pastors warnning his members not to take herbs is only acting stupid ( i am not sorry for my choice of word)

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by computerglobal(m): 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
This is a good topic

Front page pls

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by bercarray(m): 1:43am On Nov 03, 2018
ha ha, most nigerian pastor's use herb, all of them being deceiving us that they call the blood of Jesus and they feel good, forgetting they've used one drug or the other b4 calling blood of Jesus,same way they say thank you Jesus when a successful operation is done by a surgeon I'm not saying blood of Jesus isn't working o, but if jesus wants to be fair most Nigerian pastors aren't worth to be answered only few if not none have a real relationship with God, even most of em churches with schools e.g covenant,redeemer, jabu etc offers medical courses. If u give pastor a herb and he alternate it for drugs, let him know he still take the herb in a packaged way and if he didn't use both, wait till next day and see u make money on what u gave him free before

op I'm not good at english too o,I might make a mistake up there sef, but ur title to "is it wrong to introduce ......" not "is it a wrong to introduced"

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Laple0541(m): 1:44am On Nov 03, 2018
Say wetin? Se na babalawo create the herbs ni......? All this foõlish questions self.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by gaventa: 1:47am On Nov 03, 2018
Stick to what you believe, whatever rocks your boat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 03, 2018
Herb is good. But it no get dosage.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by bush112(m): 1:51am On Nov 03, 2018
Genesis 9:3 "Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant.( Igbo weed all na herb

9 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by kingphilip(m): 1:54am On Nov 03, 2018
the potency of any type of medication whether herbs or drugs is in the believe on the one taking it

if you believe say you no go well for any drug, take am for donkey years even if e work for everybody, e no go work for you

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by mknigeriagreat: 1:56am On Nov 03, 2018
Nope it is not wrong provided the following are adhered to.

1. There should be a dosage for what you take cos each body system has its own elastic limit. So question is can you guarantee the dosage? Cos most people do more damage to their systems with immeasurable quantity of these local herbs they ingest than good.

2. Can you confirm that some fetish things and vudu were not added. We are Africans and we like catalysing our things traditionally. When some incantations have been made on the so called Herb it definitely carries another spirit and Christians don't believe in such.

Most of our tablets are derived from herbs so no worries in taking herbs if you can guarantee those two things up.

I am Holy spirit filled born again Christian and I take simple ones made at home like bitter leaf Herb, efirin(curry), dongoyaro tree leaf. But I don't buy outside to take because I can't guarantee how those ones are made.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Originalsly: 2:00am On Nov 03, 2018
Hmmm.....why didn't the pastor read the entire Bible ....then burn it and mix it with pap for the baby?....just part of Psalms is not enough. And the man that said the baby ate hair....really?...I learn something new today....unborn babies be eating stuff in the womb....and I always wondered why some of them born with teeth...and enter the world screaming for eba food.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by SmartMugu: 2:04am On Nov 03, 2018
@OP, could you please correct the typo in your topic before others, especially the bloggers observe it and put you on the spot? Just an advice, not a warning.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by ipobarethieves: 2:04am On Nov 03, 2018
undecided u beta embrace herb so dat u won't die like a rat.Herb is med not hard drug
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 03, 2018
Dadadavid12:
Many Christians today did not believed in herb. They always says blood of Jesus is enough to heal them. My question

Some pastors says it is not good to tell their members to take herbs while they took the herbs secret in their own house. why is it like that ?
This is a story of a pastor who has a member that is going through pains because her baby was seriously ill and she took her baby to her pastor, her pastor pray and prayed but no solution the pastor also read some psalms, burnt it and mixed it with pap for the child but nothing works.
A man came and saw the baby and said this sickness is from the womb that the baby ate hair when he was in the womb. So the man recommended herbs for the baby and the hair which was inside the baby was out through the man simple incantations. now the baby is alive.
pastors are taking herbs privately but they don't want to tell their members when they need help when sick. They said they don't want their members to call them herbalist ...
There is nothing wrong in taking herbs but when the herbs is linked to idolatry, it becomes a problem. Many herbalist are idolaters hiding under the umbrella of selling herbs. This is why many Christians dodge from taking it. Many prefer to prepare the herbs themselves

10 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by ayourbamie: 2:05am On Nov 03, 2018
God created everything For our use, but the incantation part is what I don't agree with

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:14am On Nov 03, 2018
christians can use poison. It will do the world good.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by coldsummer: 2:22am On Nov 03, 2018
If blood of Jesus can make you a millionaire without working or having any skills, why would it not heal everything. grin grin grin grin

Even the disciples of Jesus that knew him more than us never used his blood. They died as human executed them. Blood of Jesus didn't come to their rescue

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Jaynom(m): 2:34am On Nov 03, 2018
"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was VERY GOOD" - Genesis 1:31.

1Timothy 5:23 - "Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses."

To me Everything was created to be used & not to be ABUSED!

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 03, 2018
Dadadavid12:

Western drugs have same content with herbs n Christians drink it like no man's business. Christians only shout blood of Jesus wen they are healthy, Wen they are sick they rush to the hospital n get treatment n drugs grin.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by oshe111(m): 2:41am On Nov 03, 2018
Christians use Herbs, unless U mean something else

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 03, 2018
Ofcourse herbs are useful to everyone, irrespective of religion....even Boko boys with all their fanaticism use herbs I'm sure..
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by NoToPile: 2:47am On Nov 03, 2018
Taking herbs is not wrong as a christain but a lot of sources add some form of jazzification, consultation at the altar etc etc to it. If you have related deeply with some of these real elewe omo you will understand what I am saying.

You want to buy a herb and they ask you whats the name of the person that wants to use it so they can consult the oracle to know if its a physical problem or theres more to it. lipsrsealed as a christian thats not acceptable.

Major reason why christains should use herbs they are sure of the sources. I know some catholic peeps used to prepare herbal preparations, I think its a monastery or something they prepare herbs in big bottles for diabetes etc etc, I came across one of their books years back about 10years ago, around festac I think, not aware if they still function now, thats a source that looks free from jazz.

The problem is seperating them, I know an 'onisegun' (traditional doctor) is different from babalawo ' (these ones consult), getting a pure traditional healer devoid from incantation and the likes is the major problem.

So herbs in itself is not wrong its the spiritual fortification that seems to be the issue. So if you have your receipe you can try sourcing out yourself( with your spiritual antenna open).

Lots of deep stuffs about this topic lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 03, 2018
Herbs!
So how could that be wrong?
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by tomdon(m): 2:49am On Nov 03, 2018
Why are you murdering English laidis oga??
You talk about herbs and at the same time incantation, which one you de naa??
All these mumu talks that they're promoting here sef
Why is seun employing daft admins??

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 03, 2018
Meanwhile in the USA "FDA approves first drug comprised of an active ingredient derived from marijuana to treat rare, severe forms of epilepsy"

https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm611046.htm

Respect to all the farmers and cultivators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Essiencoco: 3:02am On Nov 03, 2018
All drugs are from plants and animals
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Kwamecron(m): 3:04am On Nov 03, 2018
Ok
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by babaRUNtinz(m): 3:06am On Nov 03, 2018
Kosewe,kosegbo... In the real sense of it,ewe wa,egbo wa. The science student part of it is the wrong thing.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by adioolayi(m): 3:12am On Nov 03, 2018
There is nothing fetish about herbs and Christians should be free from using them ...so far incantations and other spiritual rituals is not performed/required before use grin

Once herbal medicine involves incantations, it is no longer ordinary.

Our fruits, vegetables are herbs.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire / Give your life to God and be useful to your creator, don't live a wasteful life / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.