Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. (6514 Views)

Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most / Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? / Which Is Your Bad Kitchen Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by akunta(f): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
Thanks George, u q always a swerrie! wink
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2011
akunta,
we're both one of a kind. sometimes i see people rushing and sweating over a plate of food and i wonder
'why do people suffer to work and still suffer to eat?'   grin

as for me i do always take my time, not minding whether it takes me 30mins or 1hr to finish my food.
i can't just work hard and eat hard at the same time. it doesn't make sense to me.  wink
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 31, 2011
i hate people who eat with lips or mouth unsealed
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Tunmi(f): 3:56am On Jan 31, 2011
My peeves are:
1. eating with your mouth open
2. talking while eating, which means your mouth is open
3. Complaining about the food, yet you go back for seconds
4. Using spoons and forks while eating eba or iyan, those types of food.

Things that I do are
1. Taking my time with my food--I am not a fast eater.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2011
looks like most peeps here are not the fast eating types afterall smiley
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nelson6(m): 10:52am On Feb 01, 2011
pushing the meat or fish aside till i finish eating the food, hate it wen someone puts hand uninvited into watever am eating.

love watching tv and eating somfin, hate calls wen am doing that.

hate it wen my mom breaks cabin biscuit inside her tea and invites me to come have a taste lol

my sis is fond of collecting my spoon wen am eating to stir my food to see how many meat i took form the pot angry grin

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2011
nelson,
that's quite a lot of table quirks!  grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Brite02(m): 1:54am On Feb 11, 2011
1.Eatin wit mouth open
2. Makin silly & unnecessary noise/conversation(too mch talking & u end spitting in my food)
3. Takin meat/fish b4 ya seniors witout permission(mehnn i go roast dt person).
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2011
hmmm! pot dipping? grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nelson6(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2011
am fond of stealing meat from newly cooked soup or stew . . uptill now i still do it shocked cool

my babe don complain tire , . . , she says *nelson why cnt u stop dis, u end up making the soup sour* all i do is smile and tell her what a great cook she is, and that i couldnt resist having some more lol grin

dat shuts her up a little grin cheesy
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by wendybaby(f): 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ nelson
naughty naughty shocked shocked shocked
bad habits, u berra stop embarassed
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2011
nelson,
that is an offence capable of landing you in jail! grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nelson6(m): 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2011
ive been in jail alright . .wen i commit, my babe refuses to gimme somfin at night, so dats jail enuf for me lol

pisses me off, wen i see pple eating semo, amala, eba,tuwo with spoon??

somtimes in secret i use my fingers to eat jollof rice, but criticize my babe wen she does it grin

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
nelson, na wa for you oooo! grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nelson6(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2011
lol George how i go do na grin grin grin grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2011
nelson,
e be like say na only food you sabi oooo!  grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Somatic(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
Nothing pisses me more than to see:
Dipping bread into tea or water (My Mum's the Queen of that, however).
Eating eba & the likes with spoon. find it pretentious and boring.
Slurping on tea or chewing on eba.
And for those who eat from the pot, scraping the thing irritates the hell outta me.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
dipping bread into tea is an age old habit that only enlightenment can change.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nelson6(m): 9:14am On Mar 30, 2011
youre right George that can never stop , . , . .except maybe in our generation lol
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2011
are we getting personal now? 
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2011
I've learned not to dip bread into tea but some ppl do think i'm 'forming' wenever I do it. I love licking my place after eating. I also use my spoons to scratch pot, u know. I also like licking my fingers. But I do this in discretion, wen no 1 is watching
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by MissyB3(f): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
stevetboy9:

I've learned not to dip bread into tea but some ppl do think i'm 'forming' wenever I do it. I love licking my place after eating. I also use my spoons to scratch pot, u know. I also like licking my fingers. But I do this in discretion, wen no 1 is watching
I used to do that long ago but was made to stop because it's considered '' a bad habit''.  undecided

Somatic:

Nothing pisses me more than to see:
Dipping bread into tea or water (My Mum's the Queen of that, however).
Eating eba & the likes with spoon. find it pretentious and boring.
Slurping on tea or chewing on eba.
And for those who eat from the pot, scraping the thing irritates the hell outta me.
Lmao! grin grin
I like. lipsrsealed
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2011
hmmmmm!definitely fork and knife are a no-no for me for eba and semovita.even when i lodged at le'meridien i used my natural hands! grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Somatic(m): 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
George_D:

hmmmmm!definitely fork and knife are a no-no for me for eba and semovita.even when i lodged at le'meridien i used my natural hands! grin

Correct o jare. I cant bear to see such pretentious forming all in the name of civilization. I wonder how the food would taste under such circumstances angry
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2011
yeah, that's right. people are so pretentious! sad
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by ethereal(f): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2011
I realy dont tink i has anything 2 do wit pretence ,to each his own.I'm stil struggling & trying to master the 'fork & spoon thingy.anoder of my 'bad' habbit chewing my eba,tried 2 swallow bt just havent been succesful  so far.But i hate it when pple dip bread & biscuits in tea or washing their hands & drying their hands on clothes & bodyparts. Realy grosses me out.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
not good when babes pick on their food as if its is going to bite them.

always gives me the kicks anytime i run accross such ayanga in fast food restaurants. grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by koolJ1(f): 11:27pm On May 09, 2012
I hate d classic clanking of cutlery on china dishes...FCOL-for crying out loud-we are not making music while eating and more especially,noise!

Another is smacking the mouth while eating

A third...looking at the food over and over like it'l flee if ur gaze is not on it-i mean admiring the food and probably thinking 'na me dey chop dis food so?' Lol

Spitting out unwanted particles instead of using thumb+index finger to remove it. Heck,DAT could land in my food!

Messing up eating area...got a hole in ur mouth?

Well mine...I'm prolly a saint cuz no1 has yet mentioned my going wrong on the table-dad would surely point dat out-buh I eat my plate clean! So clean dat it could be easily reused unlike dat of messy eaters. I upgrade on etiquette.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by lepasharon(f): 2:48pm On May 12, 2012
usin hand to eat rice
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by nikkyshyne(f): 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
My bad table manners: Talking with my mouth full. I always seems to remember what to say at this point.
Secondly, I fart a lot at this point. My sister don curse me tire.

I hate when people make that screechy, irritating, pesky noise when they chew foods like sharki or even chinchin. Not like it's their fault, but some people just make it obvious like say make I take stone knack their head and just end it.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by tpia1: 5:23am On Aug 19, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meat Pie / Viju Milk Drink Vs Cway Milk Drink ! / How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.