Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,849 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times (33551 Views)

Buratai Moves Against Babagana Monguno, Withdraws Amy Officers Attached To NSA / Davido ‘hails’ President Buhari As He Delivers Speech To The Nation (photo) / Pres. Buhari Broadcast Speech To The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by OfficialAPCNig: 12:32am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:
It’s called rule of engagement

Army are not trained to maintain peace

They are trained to kill
Can you imagine this vile word from a yoruba moslem? If I call them terrorist now, they would me names
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by themanderon: 1:10am On Nov 03, 2018
All of you supporting the injustices this government has been carrying out all because of your selfish reasons get ready to be consumed by the same evil you support today.
Why will Buhari not release a man that the courts have severally asked him to release instead he is still busy killing the man's supporters and you expect peace to reign?
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by chuckjonesbaba(m): 1:11am On Nov 03, 2018
Sagay212:
everybody keeps running their mouth. if they give you uniform and gun to maintain peacd and you try to ensure peaceful protest but protesters start throwing stones at you, biko what will you do? You have amunition to guide and deliver to a particular location. will you leave the ammunition and run away, will you wait for them to injure and probably stone you to death? Instead of blaiming the NA and forming human rights, please tell us what you will do as a soldier in that situation.

I understand where you are coming from bro it's a hard decision for soldiers but the United states army will never shoot civilians. Especially their own citizens.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by abbiboy: 2:11am On Nov 03, 2018
Sagay212:
everybody keeps running their mouth. if they give you uniform and gun to maintain peacd and you try to ensure peaceful protest but protesters start throwing stones at you, biko what will you do? You have amunition to guide and deliver to a particular location. will you leave the ammunition and run away, will you wait for them to injure and probably stone you to death? Instead of blaiming the NA and forming human rights, please tell us what you will do as a soldier in that situation.
Their are trained anti riot squad to deal with protesters not military, biko have sense.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Teacher1776(m): 3:40am On Nov 03, 2018
Sagay212:

Still, unleashing heavy force on protesting civilians is abnormal.
Weapons like Tear Gas, fake bullets and water spray were manufactured for a purpose- to curb violent protests.
As for me though, I can't be involved in any protest in an insane country like Nigeria where human lives is worthless.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 03, 2018
gidgiddy:
What Trump said and what the Nigerian Army are doing are two different things. Trump would never tell the US Army to shoot unarmed US citizens for throwing stones. He said what he said in relation to the migrants who want to breach the territorial intergrity of the US

But the Nigerian Army is shooting unarmed IPOB and Shiites even though they are Nigerian citizens(until the gain independence)

When the Army kills its own unarmed citizens over stone throwing, this Army is not professional.

Anyways, it is not the job of the Army to guard protesters
are the migrants Armed?
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Skoopy(m): 4:17am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill

Funny enough, these are mere civil disorderliness that doesn't require intervention from the military. In a sane country, the police should be handling this.

Responding to trumps video, I can bet with everything that such actions can never be taken against an American citizen, trump was only referring to migrants.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Darevofpeace(m): 4:34am On Nov 03, 2018
As much as I did not support the killings,why must they stoned the military men,they burnt a police vehicle in Abuja,the protest started so peaceful with a match but they took the law's into their hand's, ask your self,when someone Stone's you repeatedly and you have a gun,what will you do?
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by EagleNest(m): 4:43am On Nov 03, 2018
Nigeria Military is only strong and big chested when dealing with civilians. If it is Book Haram now, they will be dodging not to be posted to theatre of war. I thought someone said they are trained to kill...did he meant kill unarmed civilians.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by taxiappguy: 5:00am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill
Ever heard of peacekeeping?
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by GreatLion(m): 5:51am On Nov 03, 2018
Sagay212:

Hmmm naso sha
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by AlphaStyles(m): 6:24am On Nov 03, 2018
when ever nigerian military people tell you to step aside step aside protest but dont block their way or start initiating violence with them unless you want to die early WORD OF ADVICE
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Sagay212: 6:28am On Nov 03, 2018
Teacher1776:

Still, unleashing heavy force on protesting civilians is abnormal.
Weapons like Tear Gas, fake bullets and water spray were manufactured for a purpose- to curb violent protests.
As for me though, I can't be involved in any protest in an insane country like Nigeria where human lives is worthless.

Maybe you haven't seen some videos of these shites in action. even with the gun shots fired into the air to scare them, many of them still continued to throw stones. They only started running when they saw shots were aimed at them. you could even hear one of them shouting na toy gun while videoing. people who are not scared of the sounds of gun can never be scared of rubber bullets or teargas. The question i am asking is what will you do as a soldier and not as a protester. Will you run away or drop your gun and start throwing stones back at protesters? lol
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Sagay212: 6:38am On Nov 03, 2018
abbiboy:

Their are trained anti riot squad to deal with protesters not military, biko have sense.

I already have sense, it is you that needs sense. The NA is not anti riot police. They cannot ve moving weapons and some idio.ts just believe they can attack them with stones. You attack them with stones, they defend themselves and tge ammunition in transit. How they do that is their business. If you don't want the NA to shoot at you, then don't attack them for any reason.

And you still foolis.hly avoided the question. what will you do aa a soldier in that situation? stop yapping trash about anti riot police.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Sagay212: 6:40am On Nov 03, 2018
busterr:

Which nonsense peace and order are you maintaining?

go and join shites or ipods and throw stones at the NA or police. you will get an answer to your daft question.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Sagay212: 6:41am On Nov 03, 2018
moshmoney06:
with what you just said France dont want to sell us weapon including UK, BRAZIL, GERMANY even USA who we just paid over abit half a billion dollar to buy weapon(aircraft) quote me we may not get that weapon till 2023 with the way our military attend to civilian matter. sad sad sad

story...weapons paid for will be delivered.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by donjon: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2018
I thank the LORD for the abundance of sense on this topic
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by JuanDeDios: 7:18am On Nov 03, 2018
Sagay212:

lol...so while placing a call with the stones flying in from different angles and the vilolent protesters getting closer, what do you do? leave the vehicle containing the ammunition and run away to call police to use non-lethal force. The protesters that are not scared of gun shots fired to the air will be scared of non- lethal force. Do you know what will happen if the shiite protesters manage to catch just one soldier or are able to get hold of the truck of ammunition? Shebi you are in your father's house eating indomie and browsing. You think it is beans to face a bunch of mad people or you did not see a video of the police man that shites murdered.
[quote author=Sagay212 post=72635561]

You put it well in bolded. When people are not scared of bullets, there's only one sensible thing left for you to do - non-lethal force. Or have you ever heard that you're firing tear gas or hot water or pepper at people and they kept coming? No. They disperse. We turned Boko Haram into what it is today by killing them when they were not yet killing us. That is exactly what we are doing with Shiites now. But I know this will fly right over your head. The only thing your type understand is shoot 'em up. You people will enjoy the mess you're creating.

And what's your point about the policeman who was killed? That we should withdraw the police from our streets and deploy the army? You've obviously heard of the word reinforcement but it seems you don't know what it means.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by don4real18(m): 7:22am On Nov 03, 2018
xxxtension:
Under the rule of engagement, Civilians are not to be attacked let alone killed by the military expect the civilians initiate attack with weapons
So, rocks aren't weapons, right?
Bring your head, lemme show you what Cain did to Abel.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by nams77: 7:23am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill
Sometimes I wonder where you guys got your brains from. Rules of engagement does not mean shooting at civilians. I don't have the time to begin to educate you because it will be a waste of time and effort
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Lomprico2: 7:28am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill

Very soon it will get to you. Very soon!!!
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by MrSly(m): 7:38am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill
The moniker didn't surprise me. Always spewing trash!!!! Shit!
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by jaxxy(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

This is stupid thinking. For starters, the Army should not be doing the job of guarding civil protests, they are not trained for that. It's like trying to to get the Navy to do the the job of a traffic warden. The police are the ones who are trained crowd control and anti-riot tactics and they should be allowed to do their job.

The Army is trained to fight wars and to kill, that's why they should only be deployed in times of serious issues, not protests and stone throwing. That's an invitation to disaster

Let’s stop deceiving ourselves pls we all know the Shiites didn’t come to talk and chant in their protests last time they killed a police officer during their protest even tho sm of their members might have been killed then I’m not sure bt the question is who starts the violence and how it escalates.

What the army is doing is just what Isreal does to Palestine violent protesters to stop further escalation. Shiite should know how to protest without extreme violence.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Pedroid(m): 7:59am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill

There is a difference between those you swore to protect and external aggressors. While the Army can eliminate external hostilities, they should contain internal dissent.

However, in this case, why is the army even deployed to monitor protesters when we have the police, Civil defence and road safety.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Naajjii: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2018
gidgiddy:
What Trump said and what the Nigerian Army are doing are two different things. Trump would never tell the US Army to shoot unarmed US citizens for throwing stones. He said what he said in relation to the migrants who want to breach the territorial intergrity of the US

But the Nigerian Army is shooting unarmed IPOB and Shiites even though they are Nigerian citizens(until the gain independence)

When the Army kills its own unarmed citizens over stone throwing, this Army is not professional.

Anyways, it is not the job of the Army to guard protesters
What is IPOD doing here or are they equivalent to shittes. Is your sympathy for Shia motivated by IPOD situation or a genuie sympathy .am asking because When Hezbollah which is a Shiite arm group was waging a war against Isreal we saw how IPod guys were attacking Hezbollah. Even in Iran the center of Shia movement there are persecution of Muslim Sunnis ,Cristians and other minority groups every day and many IPod people don't like Iran. Where is the support for shiite coming from? I think just focus on your IPod struggle and let the Shiite who are part of Zoo people deal with their situation.
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by DerrickzB: 8:03am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill

To think that an educated person like you could type this stuff just proves you guys are really just dead on the inside!! Where is your conscience??
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by MyMouth(m): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2018
xxxtension:
Under the rule of engagement, Civilians are not to be attacked let alone killed by the military expect the civilians initiate attack with weapons
Under the rules of engagement, a civilian armed is no longer a civilian!
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by DerrickzB: 8:06am On Nov 03, 2018
sarrki:

They are trained to kill

Your comment is so silly, I had to quote u again!! Pls stop being funny all in the name of supporting a lifeless president!! How much are you paid to see lies and call it truth??
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by moshmoney06: 8:12am On Nov 03, 2018
see we dont make anything here in Nigeria talk less of bullet to face war or terrorism and the best place to buy this weapon is this poeple who are talking now and given us serious warning about how we attend to protest by civilian but people like you keep on deceiving the president that continue cheesy cheesy cheesy like the way he came in during is this tenure that kill the Niger delta militant, and at the end what happen president latter dialogue with them because people like you keep on deceived him instead you and we all tell him the true.
let the police attend to civilian protest rather military for sanity to be maintain
has a yoruba man who vote for buhari and galvanize people to vote for him during 2015, i still stand on my point let the military off from the back of this people rather let the police do there job which we know them for
after that scene police had arrested a quite good number of this shite men and presently in there custody without a single live lost
and about what you said "weapons paid for will be delivered" cry cry cry in short u dont care as how we lost brother ans sister and loving military men to war in boko haram because for every action they will always reaction
the west and its ally has said it many times stop killing your people for negligent wake up, they are better way to attend to protest like this
am out GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND IT PEOPLE ONE DAY WE SHALL STAND AND REASON LIKE ONE
Sagay212:

story...weapons paid for will be delivered.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by busterr(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2018
Sagay212:

go and join shites or ipods and throw stones at the NA or police. you will get an answer to your daft question.

Exactly. That's where our own military might manifest. Whenever they see armless defenceless citizens. It's a pity
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by gidgiddy: 8:29am On Nov 03, 2018
Naajjii:

What is IPOD doing here or are they equivalent to shittes. Is your sympathy for Shia motivated by IPOD situation or a genuie sympathy .am asking because When Hezbollah which is a Shiite arm group was waging a war against Isreal we saw how IPod guys were attacking Hezbollah. Even in Iran the center of Shia movement there are persecution of Christians and other minority groups every day and many IPod people don't like Iran. Where is the support for shiite coming from? I think just focus on your IPod struggle and let the Shiite who are part of Zoo people deal with their situation.

My point is that the Nigerian Army should never shoot unarmed civilians, wether Shiites or IPOB
Re: Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:10am On Nov 03, 2018
tony5:
Whether We Like It Or Not,the Military Owe No One An Explaination Because If The Protesters Successful Override Them,are We Safe,the Army Orientation Is Different And They Were To Tightly Safe Guard The Weapons.

I concur

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makinde Sends Tinubu Subtle Solidarity Message / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / Boko Haram Attacks Kwari Yobe, Kills Pastor Luka Levong, 13 Others; Burns Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.