Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Marriage Certificate Or Not? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Marriage Certificate Or Not? (470 Views)

Age Issue On Marriage Certificate / Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? / Marriage Certificate Rquired By NVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Certificate Or Not? by sheungeek(m): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hello NLs,
I need guidance concerning this issue.
A married woman(not court-wedding/no marriage certificate) intends to apply for international passport prior to visa processing.
She adopted her husband's surname for legal documents such as national ID and PVC for which she indicated her marital status as married.
However, she only did traditional wedding with no marriage certificate.
Is it compulsory that she 'acquires' the marriage certificate before applying for the Nigerian International passport?
Any help please.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Marriage Certificate Or Not? by Heartbender: 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
Marriage certificate is proof of marriage
sheungeek:
Hello NLs,
I need guidance concerning this issue.
A married woman(not court-wedding/no marriage certificate) intends to apply for international passport prior to visa processing.
She adopted her husband's surname for legal documents such as national ID and PVC for which she indicated her marital status as married.
However, she only did traditional wedding with no marriage certificate.
Is it compulsory that she 'acquires' the marriage certificate before applying for the Nigerian International passport?
Any help please.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Marriage Certificate Or Not? by kunzzy4me(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2018
Not neccesary... I did for my wife without marriage certificate... And she got her passport

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Female Lawyer Gets Drunk During Flight, Goes On Rampage After Refused More Wine / What African Country Is Best For Investment. / Hit-and-run Driver Kills Four Friends Returning From Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.