Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,015 members, 7,803,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Help! Is There Any Hope For Hnd Graduates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! Is There Any Hope For Hnd Graduates (686 Views)

Dichotomy: HND Graduates Can’t Rise Above Grade Level 14 ― FG / Federal Polytechnic, Ede Doesn't Admit OND Students From These 5 Schools For HND / Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Is There Any Hope For Hnd Graduates by Kingtim(m): 12:46am On Nov 03, 2018
Good day.
i graduated recently with a cgpa of 3.28 slt(physic/electronics) from a polytechnic. I planned going for my Pgd and later Msc after i complete the mandatory nysc sheme next year. But am really confused because i saw a thread for prospective Phd students and from the comments i read, Phd admission requires Bsc and Msc qualification. Someone even stated that even if you go for your Pgd and Msc you still wont stand a chance because they will still see you as an hnd Graduate. Please If as an hnd graduate you secured admission to run for your Phd, please come and talk to us. Others please come and advice us, we need to know where we stand.
Re: Help! Is There Any Hope For Hnd Graduates by falcon01: 3:23am On Nov 03, 2018
You are not hopeless until you are dead.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Is There Any Hope For Hnd Graduates by Kingtim(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2018
Cc Richiez, fynestboi, olawalebabs. Please help move to front page
Re: Help! Is There Any Hope For Hnd Graduates by Amthol(m): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2018
With your M.Sc. you should qualify for PhD especially if you had good grades.
But see my brother if to be an educationist is your dream you can continue on the path but don't expect riches as the path to riches is enterprenuership. All the best

1 Like

Re: Help! Is There Any Hope For Hnd Graduates by acorntree(m): 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
Kingtim:
Good day.
i graduated recently with a cgpa of 3.28 slt(physic/electronics) from a polytechnic. I planned going for my Pgd and later Msc after i complete the mandatory nysc sheme next year. But am really confused because i saw a thread for prospective Phd students and from the comments i read, Phd admission requires Bsc and Msc qualification. Someone even stated that even if you go for your Pgd and Msc you still wont stand a chance because they will still see you as an hnd Graduate. Please If as an hnd graduate you secured admission to run for your Phd, please come and talk to us. Others please come and advice us, we need to know where we stand.

First career path for HND holders are limited, if you've any available means try to do HND to BSc conversion program or get direct entry to university and start from year 2 since you've lower credit in HND.
Presently most federal universities (except FUTA in south west) don't admit HND into their PGD program , though you may be admitted by state universities for PGD program, even up to Msc (some state uni may not allow you further)

if your dream is to be a researcher (PhD holder), this is the best route to take, don't go through PGD , you will be frustrated . HND holders with PGD ,MSC are not given proper recognition in academia (in Nigeria).

FUTA usually gives admission to HND holders for MSC upto PhD. some faculties in Lasu do admit HND for PGD program but after PGD you cant be admitted for MSC, without Bsc. in Lasu faculty of engineering will admit HND for PGD and then MSC but not for PhD even with high grade in your MSC. OOU will admit HND for PGD program but you can't go further for MSC without bsc .Unilag, oau don't admits HND for PGD ,MSC. ui will only admits HND for professional masters after PGD a times. So as HND holder you've limited choices except you are to go outside the country for further studies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

100 Computer Science Research Project Topics Ideas For Final Year Students / KMTC 2019/20120 Intake March And September Courses Applications / Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.