Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi (876 Views)

Omokri Doesn't Have His Primary School Certificate, Can Get It From Third Party / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi / Stephanie Findlay Reacts To Saraki's Press Conference, Talks About Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Quorax: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
The West African Examination Council yesterday presented President Muhammadu Buhari with what it said was an “attestation” of his “lost” secondary school certificate. This should have settled the controversy that his consistent failure to authenticate his claim to have taken the West African School Certificate has ignited. But several questions still remain, which I will get to shortly.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-tWE4e7bgIBo/W9znWuVtUeI/AAAAAAAAR3Q/vxJBo4venrgmoUSjfqOr_j_AV9VDBcRIwCLcBGAs/s640/Buhari%2BWAEC%2Battestation.jpg[/img]

But, first, I didn’t think it was even in the realm of possibility that Buhari would lie about his school certificate. A former secondary school classmate of Buhari’s, who wasn’t the president’s supporter, had told me in confidence that Buhari did take his school certificate exams in 1961. That was why when military authorities said in 2015 that Buhari did not submit a secondary school certificate— and the PDP impeached the credibility of the statement of result he presented from his secondary school in 2015—I defended him in my January 24, 2015 column in the Daily Trust on Saturday titled, “Between Obama’s ‘Birthers’ and Buhari’s ‘WASCers’.”

Now I’ve realized that I might have been misled. As I’ve noted in previous columns, it would have been infinitely cheaper, less burdensome, and certainly more fitting for Buhari to have simply produced his school certificate than for him to hire more than a dozen Senior Advocates of Nigeria to defend his right not to produce it. Only a person who has something to hide would opt for the expensive, cumbersome, and circuitous route Buhari had chosen until now.

In the heat of Buhari’s school certificate controversy in 2015, the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), which administered the West African School Certificate exams in the early 1960s, said, “We can only confirm or verify results at the direct request of or with the permission of a candidate. This is in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.” Why didn’t Buhari take up this challenge since 2015?

[img]https://1.bp..com/-aijGAqYVO0E/W9znnsR12ZI/AAAAAAAAR3Y/xKKebeCp0-shmhwTd7amCoBjGYT6axnCACLcBGAs/s640/Lost%2Bcertificate%2BCambridge.jpg[/img]
If Buhari truly took his WASC and wants to settle doubts about this once and for all, he should write to the UCLES, which is now known as Cambridge Assessment, and request it to write to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to certify that he took the West African School Certificate exam. This is particularly important because the WAEC office in Ghana said in a 2015 memo that it had no record of a "Mohamed Buhari who attended school in Provincial Secondary School, Katsina in Nigeria." Note that WASC results are searchable in every branch of WAEC.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-LjPzRBkLA1I/W9znzNKFzbI/AAAAAAAAR3c/y9tSNYSmxHER2q-MhKW5lBfeaVu-YJ3mQCLcBGAs/s640/WAEC%2Bdenies%2BBuhari%2Bresult.jpg[/img]
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by MalcoImX: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2018
OK let Farooq Kperogi (the northern version of Reno Omokri) answer them for us.

1 Like

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Quorax: 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2018
Every Nigerian knows that WAEC in Nigeria is susceptible to compromise and manipulation. A university classmate of mine, who died in a car crash two years ago, once confided in me that he bribed WAEC officials in Lagos to issue him a certificate for an exam he did not sit for. WAEC’s well-known credibility problems and the over-zealousness its officials displayed in going to the Presidential Villa to present the president with an “attestation” of his certificate out of “respect” for him call the integrity of the attestation into question.

I have been informed by someone who should know that the statement of result issued by Buhari’s secondary school in 2015, which WAEC has now reproduced and validated, was the result of his mock exam, which was the basis for his principal’s recommendation to the Nigerian Army that reads as follows: “I recommend Mohamed Buhari for consideration as a potential officer. I consider that Mohamed Buhari will pass West African School Certificate, with credits in English, Maths and three other subjects.” This recommendation and Buhari’s handwritten application, apparently, are the only documents in Buhari’s personal file with the military.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-CwaLAU324_I/W9zoNGmnEuI/AAAAAAAAR3o/kFgdPpqHGhkyZHuVPdUINh9TOHeS08gpwCLcBGAs/s640/Buharis%2BLetter%2Bfrom%2Bhis%2Bprincipal.jpg[/img]

Notice that the principal spelled Buhari’s first name as “Mohamed” rather than “Muhammadu,” Buhari’s preferred spelling of his first name. The statement of result Buhari’s school issued in 2015 was probably merely being faithful to the records in his mock exam. WAEC’s “attestation” of Buhari’s certificate is also faithful to this record—and spelling.

However, in his October 18, 1961 “Application to sit for RNA Qualifying Examination,” Buhari spelled his first name as “Muhammadu.” “I have the honour to apply for regular service in the Royal Nigeria Army. My name is Muhammadu Buhari and I am a Fulani. I am eighteen years old and I am in Form Six at the Provincial Secondary School Katsina,” he wrote.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-EHyJYSJ6ZUE/W9zoc8MS5RI/AAAAAAAAR3w/_Q_C5MXXniUEDIFh5MnvziKwUcwOREenQCLcBGAs/s640/Buharis%2Bapplication%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bmilitary.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by john6006: 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
WAEC is 67 yrs 1951
PMB is 74 yrs
If you know, you know. He wrote West African Senior School Certificate@ age 7

7 Likes

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Omeokachie: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2018
Only BMC (who are not given to critical thinking) are deceived by the glaring unintelligent fraudulent gambit. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by robotix: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2018
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by robotix: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
My column today. From this week, my column will also be published on the back page of the Nigerian Tribune on Saturday. Snippet: As I’ve noted in previous columns, it would have been infinitely cheaper, less burdensome, and certainly more fitting for Buhari to have simply produced his school certificate than for him to hire more than a dozen Senior Advocates of Nigeria to defend his right not to produce it. Only a person who has something to hide would opt for the expensive, cumbersome, and circuitous route Buhari had chosen until now.

In the heat of Buhari’s school certificate controversy in 2015, the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), which administered the West African School Certificate exams in the early 1960s, said, “We can only confirm or verify results at the direct request of or with the permission of a candidate. This is in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.” Why didn’t Buhari take up this challenge since 2015?

If Buhari truly took his WASC and wants to settle doubts about this once and for all, he should write to the UCLES, which is now known as Cambridge Assessment, and request it to write to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to certify that he took the West African School Certificate exam. This is particularly important because the WAEC office in Ghana said in a 2015 memo that it had no record of a "Mohamed Buhari who attended school in Provincial Secondary School, Katsina in Nigeria." Note that WASC results are searchable in every branch of WAEC.

Every Nigerian knows that WAEC in Nigeria is susceptible to compromise and manipulation. A university classmate of mine, who died in a car crash two years ago, once confided in me that he bribed WAEC officials in Lagos to issue him a certificate for an exam he did not sit for. WAEC’s well-known credibility problems and the over-zealousness its officials displayed in going to the Presidential Villa to present the president with an “attestation” of his certificate out of “respect” for him call the integrity of the attestation into question.

I have been informed by someone who should know that the statement of result issued by Buhari’s secondary school in 2015, which WAEC has now reproduced and validated, was the result of his mock exam, which was the basis for his principal’s recommendation to the Nigerian Army that reads as follows: “I recommend Mohamed Buhari for consideration as a potential officer. I consider that Mohamed Buhari will pass West African School Certificate, with credits in English, Maths and three other subjects.” This recommendation and Buhari’s handwritten application, apparently, are the only documents in Buhari’s personal file with the military.

Notice that the principal spelled Buhari’s first name as “Mohamed” rather than “Muhammadu,” Buhari’s preferred spelling of his first name. The statement of result Buhari’s school issued in 2015 was probably merely being faithful to the records in his mock exam. WAEC’s “attestation” of Buhari’s certificate is also faithful to this record—and spelling.

However, in his October 18, 1961 “Application to sit for RNA Qualifying Examination,” Buhari spelled his first name as “Muhammadu.” “I have the honour to apply for regular service in the Royal Nigeria Army. My name is Muhammadu Buhari and I am a Fulani. I am eighteen years old and I am in Form Six at the Provincial Secondary School Katsina,” he wrote. Read more at

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2018/11/questions-still-remain-about-buharis.html?fbclid=IwAR0xP5xJ0y9wGUF174f8k5tm7a5PzA1ateSLJXo0RX6fzbeUjY26P5X_q1E

Attached is what Cambridge WASC looks like

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by robotix: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
lalasticlala, please help unhide the post. thank u.

1 Like

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Racoon(m): 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari is unintelligible trying to defend a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari, the lifeless one is so dull that he cannot forge a certificate well. He is trapped now.

1 Like

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by robotix: 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
see

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by MalcoImX: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2018
john6006:
WAEC is 67 yrs 1951
PMB is 74 yrs
Your maths is wrong 'Prof.'

Are you saying that Buhari wrote WASC the year the body was formed and on the day of his birth?
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by MalcoImX: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2018
robotix:
SPam Bot has ruined things... for those who can help, here is the link

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2018/11/questions-still-remain-about-buharis.html?fbclid=IwAR0xP5xJ0y9wGUF174f8k5tm7a5PzA1ateSLJXo0RX6fzbeUjY26P5X_q1E
Farooq Kperogi is as bad as anything. It's not SpamBot it's a Scam Detector.
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by ahiboilandgas: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2018
john6006:
WAEC is 67 yrs 1951
PMB is 74 yrs
bush man .....another examing council gave birth to weca..from wasc-wace-ssce.wasse etc ....u also need to produce your waec
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by john6006: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2018
MalcoImX:
Your maths is wrong 'Prof.'

Are you saying that Buhari wrote WASC the year the body was formed and on the day of his birth?

Our President sit for the waec examination dated back to 1951..so how come on the certificate is boldly printed 1951..
I think you go to school.. if not sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by MalcoImX: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2018
john6006:

Our President sit for the waec examination dated back to 1951..so how come on the certificate is boldly printed 1951..
I think you go to school.. if not sorry.
Look up. @ahiboilandgas has answered you.
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by SarkinYarki: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2018
In sane climes this latest certificate forgery should be the torpedo that will sink the dullard
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Dhugal: 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2018
Basically,WAEC issued Attestation of result for a mock exam Buhari took while in school.
I should go get the certificate for my mock exam from WAEC too.
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by john6006: 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
bush man .....another examing council gave birth to weca..from wasc-wace-ssce.wasse etc ....u also need to produce your waec

Why dont u take time to read .....in 1951 the examination council then is called west african examination council and the only certificate is issued by Cambridge ...the question is the president presenting waec attestation.

I think people like you need to be freed from stupidity ...take it for a good advice instead the other way round ..it will help you a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Randy100: 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2018
The only thing that we the sensible Nigeria owe buhari is to send him back to Daura with his fake attestation result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Olatunji1929: 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari don cast i swear market don burst for baba if you know you know
Re: Questions Still Remain About Buhari’s School Certificate By Farooq Kperogi by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2018
Quorax:

[img]https://4.bp..com/-LjPzRBkLA1I/W9znzNKFzbI/AAAAAAAAR3c/y9tSNYSmxHER2q-MhKW5lBfeaVu-YJ3mQCLcBGAs/s640/WAEC%2Bdenies%2BBuhari%2Bresult.jpg[/img]

He will not be able to do that because...

(1) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Arrives France To Participate In The Paris Peace Forum / Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable / 2019: Buhari Confident Of Beating Atiku, PDP, Presidential Candidate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.