Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,461 members, 7,781,334 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:38 PM

Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months (19863 Views)

CBN Policies Paying Off as exchange rate (N1431/$) posts Best Gain in 6 Weeks / 3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / Sandile Shezi: How Forex Made 23-Year-Old South African A Millionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2018
Digital marketing is not the shortcut to earn money, like every other job we have to spend time and learn the basics of it before diving into it and then only you can find the ways to how to earn money in digital marketing. And, the more you learn and more you practice the digital marketing techniques, you can make considerable earnings from it.

DISCLAIMER: While Digital Marketing takes a lot of effort and strategies before you start earning money, the rewards are incredible. Furthermore, you tend to earn money faster than most traditional businesses. This, however, is not a "Get Rich Quick Scheme". The amount of efforts, learning and smart strategies employed will determine how quickly and how successful you will be.

What is Digital Marketing?

Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and their websites to connect with current and prospective customers.

With how accessible the internet is today, would you believe me if I told you the number of people who go online every day is still increasing?

How To Become A Digital Marketer

There is so much to learn about Digital Marketing, in fact, you never stop learning new things, this is due to how broad and ever-evolving the Digital Marketing Industry is. However, you can start with zero Knowledge and be knowledgeable enough to start with a month of dedicated study. By dedicated study, we are assuming spending about at least 55 hours of study in a month. These hours can be divided to 2 hours 30 minutes every weekday for a month. There are usually 22 weekdays in a month, that is 2:30 multiplied by 22. That will give us 55 hours.

Google Online Marketing Challenge
WordStream's PPC University
Social Media Quickstarter Digital Marketing Course
Inbound Digital Marketing Course Plus Official Certification
Alison Free Diploma in E-Business

While we encourage you to take advantage of all these free resources that are readily available at your disposal, we realise some people may actually struggle to learn for various reasons on these platforms. For these people, we encourage them to go for offline classes instead. Now, this is not free but you get a lot of support you won't get from an online course. We recommend Digital Marketing Institute, they have the best teaching structure and mentorship programme.

Choose A Niche In Digital Marketing

Each niche reflects a set of needs (we've reflected this in our list of niches)—the basic needs that every human being has.

The popular niches of Digital Marketing include
Content Marketing
Social Media Marketing
SEO
SEM & PPC
Affiliate Marketing
Analytics
Email Marketing
Influencer Marketing

And so on, you need to make sure you are an expert in one of the above then basic and intermediate knowledge on the others.

Become A Freelance Digital Marketer

Demonstrate your data-sharp thinking

Digital marketing relies on data and research to monitor audience insights and behaviour. Showcase your ability to understand data and turn survey results and other data into actionable plans. Your portfolio and description of past projects in your profile are great places to note your data-driven skills. Don’t forget to call out any platforms that you’re proficient in, such as Google Analytics or Looker.

Think beyond one project

It’s easy to move on to new projects once you’ve handed over the deliverables. But that’s a lost opportunity. Extend your value to the client by offering additional ideas they can use to improve their digital marketing. Say you’ve just finished researching SEO keywords for your client, you could suggest that they incorporate those keywords into their content and improve their page rank in search results—of course with your help!

Hone your personal brand

Whatever your digital marketing speciality is, clients will expect your personal brand to reflect the quality of work you’ll deliver. If your niche is social media marketing, it’s a good idea to post content to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other relevant channels that showcase your expertise and voice. If copywriting is your jam, be sure to triple check your profile and portfolio—a minor mistake in grammar or spelling could prevent you from winning projects.

Clear messaging is integral to selling your business, particularly because as a freelance digital marketer, you’re in the business of clear communication.

Gauge what a reasonable rate is

You may have heard that the rate you charge can set your business up for success or take it down a rabbit hole of financial troubles, and that’s not too far from the truth. Research what other freelancers with similar skills are charging as a starting point. Be honest about your skills and abilities. For instance, if you have two years of copywriting experience for B2C companies, don’t compare your rate to someone with 10 years of experience under their belt.

Be realistic about your rate to help secure projects. At the same time, don’t set your rate so low that you have to take on many extra projects.

Connect with other freelancers

Take the opportunity to learn from freelancers that specialize in the same or a related niche. They can share tips and tricks, as well as stories about working with clients, that can help you better serve your clients and grow your business.

while digital marketing is the current trend today, the key still remain to have an expert to put you through. i will not be able to teach everybody on this forum but i can teach the first few people at the source. please see the article source below.

SEE ARTICLE SOURCE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Donald3d(m): 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2018
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Samabu07(m): 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2018
Digital marketing is wide but if folks can create themselves as an expert in the various sub-niches, they will know no bounds. There are lots of methods out there people aren't aware enough or not taking advantage of. These days tools has made the job more easier than complex it was.
But still acquiring skills and mastering them is way forward.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 6:04am On Nov 05, 2018
SOME QUESTIONS ON AFFILIATE MARKETING AND THEIR ANSWERS.

Thanks for the info Jagaban. I have few questions for you and I'll be glad if you provide me with the appropriate answers. They are as follows;

1. What is the minimum and maximum number of products I can promote at a time?

2. Do I have to create a squeeze page for every product am promoting? If yes, where would they be re-directed to the moment someone opts-in?

3. Is it possible and advisable to promote different products from different niches at a time?

4. Is my landing page the same as my blog? If yes, can I do as above in question "3" on it?

5. Kindly clear my fear on these ones while I ruminate on the other areas I have questions.

Thank you.

1. for my affiliate marketing i mostly use clickbank and i promote not less than 5-10 different products at a time and i have never heard of any limitation to number of products you can promote.

2. yes. every new product you want to promote needs a unique squeeze page. the squeeze pages can be on a single domain and hosting. this is the reason why i advice buying general name domains instead of niche specific domains. e.g supercourses over looseweight dot com. the reason is that you want to promote many products on the same domain. it will not look wise to promote make money products on looseweight domain.

3. yes if you can handle it. no if you cant. i personally promote any product in most niches if i have an hungry traffic for it. but this does not in anyway mean that a person subscribe to my make money list and i will start sending him dog training promotions. i will never do that.

4. a landing page is the page you direct your visitors to. if i say a landing page in this context i basically mean a squeeze page. a squeeze page is a single page where you collect potential buyer email addresses. partly answered in 3 above

5. visitors to your squeeze page are potential buyers. if they optin to your list, they are interested and most likely willing to buy. after subscribing to your squeeze page they should be redirected to your hoplink. that is the product you are promoting using your unique hoplink. if they buy instantly fine, if they dont, you already have their mails and your mailing series will follow them up.

will you like to have a peep on how i made over N271,500 from affiliate marketing within just 5days? see it here
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Kalapizim(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
nice one...........you never could have said it better but Nigerian ISP are making things hard.
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by legibow: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
Is okay � copied

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
Kalapizim:
nice one

thanks.
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Jacktheripper: 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2018
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
Samabu07:
Digital marketing is wide but if folks can create themselves as an expert in the various sub-niches, it will know more bounds. There are lots of methods out there people aren't aware enough or not taking advantage of. These days tools has made the job more easier than complex it was.
But still acquiring skills and mastering them is way forward.

well said. to perform at your optimum peak outsourcing is the key.
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by TechCapon(m): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2018
Nice one
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
Kalapizim:
nice one...........you never could have said it better but Nigerian ISP are making things hard.

most of the proven working strategies requires having a vpn and in rear cases proxies. some of the free vpns works flawless on most of the strategies. while most of the vpns including the paid ones do not work. especially in issues like clickbank registration. i tried over 50 free and paid vpns before discovering that a particular free vpn is best for clickbank registration.
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
TechCapon:
Nice one

thanks.
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by dailynaijanews(m): 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
The first step in making it as a digital marketer is to take a practical digital marketing class, one of such places where you can do that in Lagos is https://zeodigitalacademy.com

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
legibow:
Is okay � copied

noted.
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2018
do you have any question about affiliate marketing or you want to know how it works? please feel free to ask your question here or you can check my signature
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Olamsoh: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2018
Fresh graduate/corper with Electrical Engineering background.

We need a fresh graduate or corp member in our company from Electrical Engineering background. Interested persons can send their CV to info@detopsyengineering.com. Location is Portharcourt. https:///E2iCiBogsav97cC9m4NxWy
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Samabu07(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2018
ogapikin:

well said. to perform at your optimum peak outsourcing is the key.
Outsourcing has its do's and dont's.

Getting the right folks to do your bidding efficiently key problem.
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by pabllov53: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2018
ogapikin:
SOME QUESTIONS ON AFFILIATE MARKETING AND THEIR ANSWERS.

1. for my affiliate marketing i mostly use clickbank and i promote not less than 5-10 different products at a time and i have never heard of any limitation to number of products you can promote.

2. yes. every new product you want to promote needs a unique squeeze page. the squeeze pages can be on a single domain and hosting. this is the reason why i advice buying general name domains instead of niche specific domains. e.g supercourses over looseweight dot com. the reason is that you want to promote many products on the same domain. it will not look wise to promote make money products on looseweight domain.

3. yes if you can handle it. no if you cant. i personally promote any product in most niches if i have an hungry traffic for it. but this does not in anyway mean that a person subscribe to my make money list and i will start sending him dog training promotions. i will never do that.

4. a landing page is the page you direct your visitors to. if i say a landing page in this context i basically mean a squeeze page. a squeeze page is a single page where you collect potential buyer email addresses. partly answered in 3 above

5. visitors to your squeeze page are potential buyers. if they optin to your list, they are interested and most likely willing to buy. after subscribing to your squeeze page they should be redirected to your hoplink. that is the product you are promoting using your unique hoplink. if they buy instantly fine, if they dont, you already have their mails and your mailing series will follow them up.

will you like to have a peep on how i made over N271,500 from affiliate marketing within just 5days? see it here
bastards with their ebook selling, they will entice you with words and drop stupid reviews as customer feedback. just purchase and see the nonsense, i have bought several of these bullshits ebook about fiverr countlessly, yet none gives you something. thet will put count down timer thar neva counts down.. nonsense.

9 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2018
Samabu07:

Outsourcing has its do's and dont's.

Getting the right folks to do your bidding efficiently key problem.

yes outsourcing just like everything else online requires learning, practice and experience. today, my greatest weapon online is outsourcing.

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
Olamsoh:
Fresh graduate/corper with Electrical Engineering background.

We need a fresh graduate or corp member in our company from Electrical Engineering background. Interested persons can send their CV to info@detopsyengineering.com. Location is Portharcourt.

why not create a thread about this?

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ogapikin: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2018
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by ikwutasco(m): 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2018
good one definitely will change someone. Pls i want to start minor export business on products like garri, pepper etc any one with link pls. Thanks in anticipation. Mikwuta@gmail.com
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
Ogapikin, when will you create a thread for men on how to cure their premature ejaculation?
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2018
Informative
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2018
Affiliate jagaban, grin
You must be a multi million currently with that ur weekly income

3 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by TechCapon(m): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2018
ogapikin:

thanks.
I signed up for gearbest.com affiliate program but yet to make sales. Is it because I'm new to the program?
Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by anitasoll(f): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
ogapikin:
Digital marketing is not the shortcut to earn money, like every other job we have to spend time and learn the basics of it before diving into it and then only you can find the ways to how to earn money in digital marketing. And, the more you learn and more you practice the digital marketing techniques, you can make considerable earnings from it.

DISCLAIMER: While Digital Marketing takes a lot of effort and strategies before you start earning money, the rewards are incredible. Furthermore, you tend to earn money faster than most traditional businesses. This, however, is not a "Get Rich Quick Scheme". The amount of efforts, learning and smart strategies employed will determine how quickly and how successful you will be.

What is Digital Marketing?

Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and their websites to connect with current and prospective customers.

With how accessible the internet is today, would you believe me if I told you the number of people who go online every day is still increasing?

How To Become A Digital Marketer

There is so much to learn about Digital Marketing, in fact, you never stop learning new things, this is due to how broad and ever-evolving the Digital Marketing Industry is. However, you can start with zero Knowledge and be knowledgeable enough to start with a month of dedicated study. By dedicated study, we are assuming spending about at least 55 hours of study in a month. These hours can be divided to 2 hours 30 minutes every weekday for a month. There are usually 22 weekdays in a month, that is 2:30 multiplied by 22. That will give us 55 hours.

Google Online Marketing Challenge
WordStream's PPC University
Social Media Quickstarter Digital Marketing Course
Inbound Digital Marketing Course Plus Official Certification
Alison Free Diploma in E-Business

While we encourage you to take advantage of all these free resources that are readily available at your disposal, we realise some people may actually struggle to learn for various reasons on these platforms. For these people, we encourage them to go for offline classes instead. Now, this is not free but you get a lot of support you won't get from an online course. We recommend Digital Marketing Institute, they have the best teaching structure and mentorship programme.

Choose A Niche In Digital Marketing

Each niche reflects a set of needs (we've reflected this in our list of niches)—the basic needs that every human being has.

The popular niches of Digital Marketing include
Content Marketing
Social Media Marketing
SEO
SEM & PPC
Affiliate Marketing
Analytics
Email Marketing
Influencer Marketing

And so on, you need to make sure you are an expert in one of the above then basic and intermediate knowledge on the others.

Become A Freelance Digital Marketer

Demonstrate your data-sharp thinking

Digital marketing relies on data and research to monitor audience insights and behaviour. Showcase your ability to understand data and turn survey results and other data into actionable plans. Your portfolio and description of past projects in your profile are great places to note your data-driven skills. Don’t forget to call out any platforms that you’re proficient in, such as Google Analytics or Looker.

Think beyond one project

It’s easy to move on to new projects once you’ve handed over the deliverables. But that’s a lost opportunity. Extend your value to the client by offering additional ideas they can use to improve their digital marketing. Say you’ve just finished researching SEO keywords for your client, you could suggest that they incorporate those keywords into their content and improve their page rank in search results—of course with your help!

Hone your personal brand

Whatever your digital marketing speciality is, clients will expect your personal brand to reflect the quality of work you’ll deliver. If your niche is social media marketing, it’s a good idea to post content to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other relevant channels that showcase your expertise and voice. If copywriting is your jam, be sure to triple check your profile and portfolio—a minor mistake in grammar or spelling could prevent you from winning projects.

Clear messaging is integral to selling your business, particularly because as a freelance digital marketer, you’re in the business of clear communication.

Gauge what a reasonable rate is

You may have heard that the rate you charge can set your business up for success or take it down a rabbit hole of financial troubles, and that’s not too far from the truth. Research what other freelancers with similar skills are charging as a starting point. Be honest about your skills and abilities. For instance, if you have two years of copywriting experience for B2C companies, don’t compare your rate to someone with 10 years of experience under their belt.

Be realistic about your rate to help secure projects. At the same time, don’t set your rate so low that you have to take on many extra projects.

Connect with other freelancers

Take the opportunity to learn from freelancers that specialize in the same or a related niche. They can share tips and tricks, as well as stories about working with clients, that can help you better serve your clients and grow your business.

while digital marketing is the current trend today, the key still remain to have an expert to put you through. i will not be able to teach everybody on this forum but i can teach the first few people at the source. please see the article source below.

SEE ARTICLE SOURCE
The benefits of of digital marketing cannot be over emphasised. The main advantage of digital marketing is that a target audience can be reached in a very cost-effective way. A website allows you to find new markets and trade globally.
Digital marketing let's you create engaging campaigns using different types of Rich media .

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
Jacktheripper:
Nonsense.

Did you read and not understand?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Work Begins On Onitsha Shoprite. / Four Common Financial Mistakes Most People In Nigeria Make / CBN Bars Crypto Bank Account Operators From Cash Withdrawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.