Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) (45587 Views)

Flood Kills Mother Of Five In Anambra (Disturbing Photo) / Truck Rams Into Tricycle In Onitsha, One Dies, Others Injured (Disturbing Photo) / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by oloriLFC(f): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2018
Pat081:
and who tell u she is lazy ?wen she dnt hv other way dan to do d work n d money is nt up to 18k naira is 1ok
The lazy is in quote

1 Like

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by bluefilm: 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
It's a pity.

But sometimes some of these road sweepers can be a nuisance.

While delivering their task, some often act as if they're immune to road accident like being hit by a careless driver.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by arrestdarrester: 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
Is the CCTV network scattered around Lagos still functional? Or it's just Eko for show? The guy who ran her down must be found if he does not turn himself in.

Secondly, the employer must be held responsible for inadequate kitting of these workers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Jesuslvzme(m): 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
.....in duty,God plz intervene in Nigeria matter.
It's too much to bear
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Richardffx: 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
Pat081:
and who tell u she is lazy ?wen she dnt hv other way dan to do d work n d money is nt up to 18k naira is 1ok

The man had lazy youth in quote. He didn’t mean the deceased was lazy. He was actually referring to our economy/leaders.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by paix(m): 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
Wow, innocently looking for her daily bread. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by princetom1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2018
Fierce11:
A "lazy youth" just died because she had to wake up early enough to sweep a road that the meagre N18k wage for the "sweeping" would come after 4 months. Smh.
RIP.

And the bloody, useless, lifeless mutherfuckers are saying 100k minimum wage is not possible... It shall never be well with anybody in this Nigeria committing all sort of crime against us

1 Like

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Pat081: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
Richardffx:

The man had lazy youth in quote. He didn’t mean the deceased was lazy. He was actually referring to our economy/leaders.
ok thanks
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Richardffx: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
princetom1:

And the bloody, useless, lifeless mutherfuckers are saying 100k minimum wage is not possible... It shall never be well with anybody in this Nigeria committing all sort of crime against us

GBAM!!!
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Gkemz: 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
mimimile93:
Staged..

Hand work of PDP just to rubbish PMB govt

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
They should all quit en mass right this very minute.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by suyamasta(m): 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2018
Benekruku:

And they not even insured

They all contract staffs earning stipends
Just too bad how we value lives in this part of the world
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by NightHawke: 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2018
ehinmowo:
Lord Jesus! What a way to end!

I am trying to looking into this woman's life (the pains, the hopes, the problems and the will to continue despite all). Living from hand to mouth doing the most tasking job with least pay. Yet death came for her.

For everyone pushing hard and hoping to see a better day, may we not die b4 dt day!

you said it all.

RIP TO HER

Please people, when you meet them doing their job, kindly tip them and say some good words to them.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP US ALL.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Abeyjide: 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2018
RIP. what baffles me about this our state governors is sweeping roads that are not motorable. roads full of potholes e.g kwara state
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Ttipsy(f): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2018
Nigerian drivers r all illiterates
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Bigsteveg(m): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=Titto93 post=72659359][/quote]
Try to understand the humour in his words
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Bigsteveg(m): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2018
Pat081:
Try to understand the humour in his words
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2018
mimimile93:
Staged..

Hand work of PDP jeust to rubbish PMB govt
Mtseeeeewwww.... Politicizing everything, common rip is difficult.... Always think positive bro, not everything is politics....
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by ikezuora4689(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2018
FlirtyGist:
A road sweeper was, this morning, killed by a driver along Osborne Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.

According to reports, the driver ran over her after losing control of his car, killing her instantly.

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/lagos-road-sweeper-killed-duty

coming to this world poor....dieing poor is not our portion....R.I.P
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by bomsilaga(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2018
shakmati:
Driver should be jailed for life! Rip citizen!
do you drive? do you make mistakes? are you human?
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by ChristineC: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2018
Giftedhands123:
Rest in peace madame.
Risky job. I hope the driver is able to live with the aftermath of his actions. Wicked man. He has probably sold his conscience.
did you not read that driver lost control of vehicle?
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by movetoca: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2018
For how much na? Poverty is worse than HIV/AIDs. RIP my dear sister.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by braine(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2018
suyamasta:
RIP.

Risky job, i almost hit one yesterday my heart skipped for a sec, i had to swerve swiftly, i think the best approach would be to put heavy duty vehicles behind sweepers following them till they finish sweeping.

Or better still let the heavy duty machines do the sweeping!
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by madgoat(m): 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2018
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by symbianDON(m): 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2018
Pat081:
the 'lazy youth' is in quotes.....I guess it's meant to be sarcastic and not to be taken literally. he is actually taking a shot at our insensitive leaders
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Topmaike007(m): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
Fierce11:
A "lazy youth" just died because she had to wake up early enough to sweep a road that the meagre N18k wage for the "sweeping" would come after 4 months. Smh.
RIP.
oga the pics I am seeing is not youth oo
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by goshen26: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
And yet some people are still playing politics with the job....

Give comp!eye PPE na lie
Give them supervisor mba
Pay them well and let them work without being over worked na lie

And one thief...Ibrahim ran away with millions meant for CLI project
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by GistFullGround: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
Nigeria, wake up and STOP living like cave people

Your leaders go to developed countries; they see good roads, experience constant electricity, constant water supply, clean streets but fail to replicate these services in Nigeria, yet you STUPID YOUTHS fight online insulting your tribes, instead of holding your leaders accountable!

Are you guys not ignorant and foolish?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by joeokoriem: 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
I saw d woman and d guy this morning. I heard d driver ran away.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by oderinde151(m): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
Fierce11:
RIP.
kilon so bayi ?
I pray for more of this in your family.. Anu ofia!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proposed New Look Of International Airport Road, Lagos (Photo) / The Bitter-truth As An International Student In The Us / PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.