Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Great Airports Of Africa - Pics - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics (40174 Views)

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Best Airports Of 2022 - Skytrax Rating / Giant Of Africa (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by izombie(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2018
majekdom2:
Capetown Airport is better than OrTambo. Ortambo and Kigali Airport rate about same. I think Mohammed in casablanca should come after Capetown.
kigali airport can never be compared to even a regional airport in south africa let alone Or tambo. I have been to kigali airport many timesand i may be using it again this xmas on my way transiting to nigeria. It's a small airport. Or tambo remains number one in africa.

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Horus(m): 10:04am On Nov 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4KAlLtHooU

Kigali International Airport
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by webmaster01: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2018
Rossikki:
Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, Nigeria

looks like a warehouse.

3 Likes

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Ibcrown(m): 10:27am On Nov 04, 2018
Godsgift7837:
Remember my first Visit to Cairo as I reach there I cry my country Nigeria where immigrations don almost collect my money finish. Well for those interested in buying ticket for South Africa vs Nigeria match send PM.
was in Cairo in 2016, as we dey descend na him tears pop out from my face say what good thing do we have in the country? The airport was massive and not to even mention the metro inside the airport
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by BlcoChina2018: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2018
Abet, you people should leave Ghana alone! Ghana is not competing with any country, we just wasn’t to improve the lives of our people. Is that a crime?

Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgkcrjukqu0

Ghana's New Airport Terminal Beats Nigerian Airports

Ghana unveils new terminal at Kotoka International Airport, with modern amenities.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by contigiency(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2018
stonemasonn:
Posterity So one cannot criticize the government abi, even if they’ve spent millions on commissioning Nigeria Air logo!

Nobody Said you should not criticize, but do so Constructively.

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by gidjah(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2018
majekdom2:
Capetown Airport is better than OrTambo. Ortambo and Kigali Airport rate about same. I think Mohammed in casablanca should come after Capetown.
h!mmm different strokes for different folks.The way we appreciate aesthetics differs too from persons to persons.though i have passed through the Cape Airport before, may be in just didn't get carried away as much as I was with Otambo.But comparing Kigali in Rwanda with that of Otambo !!!!! Him!! You mean Rwanda also got good airport too ?? Na wao !! Nigeria Nigeria !!!I weep !!
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by gidjah(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2018
Ibcrown:
was in Cairo in 2016, as we dey descend na him tears pop out from my face say what good thing do we have in the country? The airport was massive and not to even mention the metro inside the airport
yes o, was also in Cairo in 2008,I almost fainted out of shock over I what I saw over there,our level of backwardness in Nigeria is quite gargantuan wallahi!we have successfully looted out future dry !!
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by COMPAQ(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2018
emmasege:
Those who know know that the brain behind Nigeria's new (modern) airports was GEJ. His administration conceived, planned, and nearly completed the new airports before PMB's inept administration took over and slowed down the pace of the work.

Conceived yes, but nearly completed absolute No!! PH had barely started before Buhari took over. He could easily have frustrated it but he didn't. Buhari's government is largely incompetent, but let's give credit where its due. Lagos and Abuja were well under way, but at least have still progressed to almost completion under Buhari.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by naruto02(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2018
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2018
izombie:
kigali airport can never be compared to even a regional airport in south africa let alone Or tambo. I have been to kigali airport many timesand i may be using it again this xmas on my way transiting to nigeria. It's a small airport. Or tambo remains number one in africa.
size or experience? I couldn’t access internet at Ortambo, don’t know if this has changed. Story was different in Kigali.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by mekyno777(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
majekdom2:
it is not about military. Military left us close to 20 years now, what has changed other than people getting more lawless and increase in crimes. Rwanda experienced genocide 24 years but go see what has happened in that country. People say we got times 20 of their population but we are supposed to be prosperous with more population.
Maybe we have different view points sha.
True Federalism is a wayout because we were moving fine b4 military came with their wahala and changed our constitution n startd unitary govt.
Corruption and mentality is part of our problem oh bt let Restructure 1st, so that there will be competition among regions/states

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by CrystalMax: 11:59am On Nov 04, 2018
Hotfreezer:
Shuku Obuko Eponmalu International Airport, Biafra.

shocked
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Hotfreezer: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
iAudio:
later you will say they are not being marginalised.

That nonsense was built for igbos by an Igbo woman. Igbos are their own worst enemies.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2018
mekyno777:

Maybe we have different view points sha.
True Federalism is a wayout because we were moving fine b4 military came with their wahala and changed our constitution n startd unitary govt.
Corruption and mentality is part of our problem oh bt let Restructure 1st, so that there will be competition among regions/states
we weren’t moving any far.... did you come across the !epa post in 1977. We got independence in 1960 and since we have had a mix of military and democratic. Nothing tangible has changed. It doesn’t take more than a decade to see obvious change. I agree, our views are different. I just want to ask, do you think Britain’s exit from EU will mean a change in the progress of EU. Do you think if EU becomes a country today it won’t progress? Do you think USSR would have been under developed if it still existed? Do you think west Germany would have been undeveloped too? Federalism or restructuring should be discussed when talking bilateral relations and policies not when a set of people are yet to do the right things. Let’s get thins right first then we talk federalism.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by godwon01(m): 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2018
nymphomaniac:
try and read before you post. Better to be thought wise than show stupidity
Na fight he has his reason for asking. He was surprised that despite Lagos been centre of excellence was not there. He can post whatever he likes after all he was not insulting anybody.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by nymphomaniac(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
godwon01:
Na fight he has his reason for asking. He was surprised that despite Lagos been centre of excellence was not there. He can post whatever he likes after all he was not insulting anybody.
advocate! MM was there. He just didn't read
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Akabuking: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
hemucology:
God will bless Nigeria God will bless PMB God will bless Osun state God will bless my family God will bless my self : shocked shocked : shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Akabuking: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
webmaster01:

looks like a warehouse.
or mortuary

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by bewla(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:

My brother have u travelled outside this country? They are bad.
if u carry me how go
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Nigeriapen1: 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
This airport no d complete beware

Checkout ]www.nigeriapen.com.ng] for more

1 Share

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by ajaymina(m): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2018
Ilamina:

See South Africa airport

South Africa is not in Africa

Exactly my thoughts...

In addition, Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria shouldn't be called an African country...

It shall NEVER be WELL with POLITICS in Nigeria.

Prodigal country!!!
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by mechanics(m): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
Oliver Tambo international airport make sense, Angads airport resembles that of a Stadium design.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by izombie(m): 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
majekdom2:
size or experience? I couldn’t access internet at Ortambo, don’t know if this has changed. Story was different in Kigali.
there is free wifi at or tambo.
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by afube: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
gidjah:
Remember been at that Oliver thambo Air port few years back, mehn....I tripped ,That airport is still about the best in Africa ,then Cairo Egypt follows. I give it up for South Africa Johannesburg. My best visited place in Africa till date
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by afube: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Kingspin(m): 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
where is our own China loan? stupid leaders of Nigeria
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Horus(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hhw3Aj54A

Tour of new Kotoka international airport Terminal 3
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Kenturkey048(m): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
emmasege:
Those who know know that the brain behind Nigeria's new (modern) airports was GEJ. His administration conceived, planned, and nearly completed the new airports before PMB's inept administration took over and slowed down the pace of the work.
bro please next tym don't waste ur tym..most people here on nairaland know nothing..every informed persons in Nigeria including buhari himself knows Jonathan did all wot he is campaigning with,from the TSA to whatever he is deceiving the gullible followers with,...
I know MUMUs will quote me..

1 Like

Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Ayobami7(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
this is my comment
Re: Great Airports Of Africa - Pics by Rossikki: 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:

My brother have u travelled outside this country? They are bad.

Shut up. Where and where have you been ''outside the country''? Self hating peabrain. Just get your nasty self off this thread. Worthless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria / Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.