Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First (46247 Views)

Court Quashes Debe's Suit, Awards Ojukwu's Will To Bianca / SIR LOUIS OJUKWU: FIRST NIGERIAN BILLIONAIRE / Sylvester Debe Ojukwu Is Dead! Ojukwu's First Son Dies (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by chuka85(m): 6:39am On Nov 04, 2018
Earlier today, there were reports that the first son of Biafra warlord, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, Sylvester Debe Ojukwu, has died. According to online reports, the 62-year-old Ojuwku died in a Lagos hospital on Friday November 2nd after a brief illness.

Reacting to the reports, Bianca Ojukwu, widow of Biafran warlord, Dim Odumegwu-Ojukwu, said she cannot confirm the report of his death. In an interview with Punch, Bianca said it is not in her place to confirm such news.

''According to our tradition, it is not my role to make such announcements. We have elders in the family, who have such duties and functions. It’s not part of my duties”, she said.

Source: https://gistdeal..com/2018/11/what-bianca-ojukwu-said-concerning.html

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Baawaa(m): 6:46am On Nov 04, 2018
She is trying to play safe grin grin grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by jokinexcel(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2018
She's right, in Igbo tradition women are not allowed to make public the death of someone.

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 04, 2018
She is so on point! Good Igbo woman. I see why people like to marry una from outside Igboland despite the allegedly high bride price.

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by hucienda: 7:21am On Nov 04, 2018
Well, she is right. Dunno why most African cultures are similar in this regard.

Condolences to the family.

28 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2018
Smillezzzzz

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:25am On Nov 04, 2018
I can just imagine what Debe would have said if he was in her place smiley

Too much of hatred is injurious to one's health!

Rest in peace Debe!

8 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Rickyzagy: 7:38am On Nov 04, 2018
We have tradition unlike ######

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by teekay213(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2018
When you see your father in heaven tell am say buhari Don almost kill the Biafra people finish o

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Indiaindia: 8:07am On Nov 04, 2018
NNAMDI KANU IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF THAT YOUNG MAN

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by solihu(m): 8:10am On Nov 04, 2018
grin confirm.
teekay213:
When you see your father in heaven tell am say buhari Don almost kill the Biafra people finish o

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2018
Igbo men and full white facial hair are like 5 and 6. I noticed Igbo men even in their 40s already have full white or gray facial hair. Like Nnamdi Kanu. You can never see this in Yorubas or Hausa-Fulani but you will see it in other Biafran tribes and African Americans too. Another proof we are not the same people with yorubas and hausa-fulani. I wish I had gray beards!

Afonja illiterates replying em below...I said 40s, not old age 60s and 70s. Jesus

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by christopherozo: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2018
chuka85:
Earlier today, there were reports that the first son of Biafra warlord, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, Sylvester Debe Ojukwu, has died. According to online reports, the 62-year-old Ojuwku died in a Lagos hospital on Friday November 2nd after a brief illness.

Reacting to the reports, Bianca Ojukwu, widow of Biafran warlord, Dim Odumegwu-Ojukwu, said she cannot confirm the report of his death. In an interview with Punch, Bianca said it is not in her place to confirm such news.

''According to our tradition, it is not my role to make such announcements. We have elders in the family, who have such duties and functions. It’s not part of my duties”, she said.

Source: https://gistdeal..com/2018/11/what-bianca-ojukwu-said-concerning.html

She did the right thing. Igbo custom demands that elders in the family announce the death of a family member. It is not the place of a woman to do so. Tomorrow they will begin to read meaning into the whole thing. She is a sensible woman.

42 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by observanc1: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
I can just imagine what Debe would have said if he was in her place smiley

Too much of hatred is injurious to one's health!

Rest in peace Debe!
Debe can make the announcement, but she cant. It's our culture

9 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Foxxybrown: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2018
hucienda:
Well, she is right. Dunno why most African cultures are similar in this regard.

Condolences to the family.

Women are really disadvantaged in Igbo culture and this is one aspect of it.
They are not entitle to make comments over death of a senior member of the family
Is really unfortunate, sha.

9 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by akosanwafo: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2018
christopherozo:

She did the right thing. Igbo custom demands that elders in the family announce the death of a family member. It is not the place of a woman to do so. Tomorrow they will begin to read meaning into the whole thing. She is a sensible woman.

Very true. It is clear she is well versed in. Igbo culture and tradition.

11 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by PANDA2: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2018
Foxxybrown:

They are not entitle to make comments over death of a senior member of the family

Igbo and culture are like 5 and 6
In any case RIP

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Sunofgod(m): 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
She's a nobody.....
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by iLoveAnambra(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is false Information... This man is not the son of Ojukwu the warlord but his Brother.. abi Ojukwu use less than 20years senior his son....

Ndi media bu ndi nzuzu

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by mana123: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
christopherozo:

That’s true, sha. May his soul Rest in peace

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by oyatz(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
Okay, we have heard you. Now clap for yourself and go back to your seat.

freedomforall30:
Igbo men and full white facial hair are like 5 and 6. I noticed Igbo men even in their 40s already have full white or gray facial hair. Like Nnamdi Kanu. You can never see this in Yorubas or Hausa-Fulani but you will see it in other Biafran tribes and African Americans too. Another proof we are not the same people with yorubas and hausa-fulani. I wish I had gray beards!

10 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by oyatz(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
It is like that in many African culture.

Foxxybrown:

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by bravojohny(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Right now Bianca is having amnesia and deja vu at the same time

I think she has forgotten this before.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by bravojohny(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hmm
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by mascot87(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
May he rest with Christ and find peace with him forever. Condolences
What a great son of a great father

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Sunofgod(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
Like she cares about the dude .. .
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Sweetcollins: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Odiegwu
Please greet Eze Ndi Igbo in Valhalla
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Kennedy94(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
or she will be happy inside

one competitor gone

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by unite4real: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
freedomforall30:

I didn't know that Akeredolu, Shoyinka and Gen Abdulsalami are Igbo

22 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Henz24(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Foxxybrown:

whats fortunate about announcing the death of one's family member, SMH, anything to speak ill about the tribe

5 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by phase1: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
The woman knows her tradition despite her level of exposure.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military / List Of 84 Senators That Passed Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.