Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? (27674 Views)

I Pay My Three Wives, Children Salaries – Prophet Joseph Apata / Why Should We Pay Tithe If Christ Had Abolished The Law? / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by sircrabo: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2018
tripplephi:
Am SHOCKED that such question can exist when there is so MUCH KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORD OF GOD everywhere.

Is the organisation GOD'S REPRESENTATIVE INSTITUTE?

Your funny question is like a university of Lagos Medical student asking if he can write exam in any other university with the same department.

I am really shocked at your question but I guess you are not really serious.

When you MARRY, so do show love to your wife or to all wives in the world?

GOD IS ONE, GOD HAS A SYSTEM AND PLACE WHERE HIS WORSHIPERS ASSEMBLE, IT IS CALLED THE CHURCH..... It would be confusion for the same God to have different means of Approach because it would mean He is not consistent with His nature. Also, TITHE is really not an ISSUE as daddy freeze and others have been barking about... TITHE BEGAN BEFORE THE LAW even in the book of Genesis.... so it is NOT a question OF WHETHER TO PAY OR NOT.... it is simply a system of how God's GOVERNMENT WORKS.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD is a REAL KINGDOM and every KINGDOM has taxes and levis BUT It seems that we have outgrown the KINGDOM system and forgotten it exists simply because we are under a PRESIDENTIAL RULE. NONETHELESS, God is not mocked, and PAYING TITHE or NOT PAYING will not guarantee you a place in heaven,

SO PLEASE STUDY YOUR BIBLE TO CONFIRM WHAT I HAVE SAID, so that no one will come here with MINDLESS CHATTER without scriptural references. WE DO NOT SERVE A KING BY THOUGHTS OR FEELINGS OR EMPATHY OR SYMPATHY.... WE SIMPLY FOLLOW THE LAID DOWN PRINCIPLES OF HOW HE WANTS TO BE SERVED.

TITHE IS NOT A DONATION, NEITHER IS IT ALMS or GIFT

God bless you Sir. But, what's your point? For or against tithing to church
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by may320: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2018
adebayo3449:
Well, as a Muslim I only know about zakat (giving to the poor, which is one of the Pilar of Islam) tithes, I don't know anything about that.
This really caught my attention.
Though I'm not a Muslim but I've had cause to discuss this issue of tithe in Islamic way with a colleague.
According to him, muslims pay tithe aside zakat, but there is a condition to it.
He said that there is a level a muslim faithful will attain financially that it became mandatory for him/her to be paying tithes.
Of course, its individualistic in nature. An individual may purposely neglect the payment i.e. in disobedience but, a believer will adhere to the commandment.

2 Likes

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Pataricatering(f): 10:57am On Nov 04, 2018
So in between paying tax , tithe and helping the needy you would probably go broke ?
SillyeRabbit:
Pay your tithe to church and give to the needy. Simple. You are stingy if you think giving another person your money means tithe paying.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Gallass(m): 11:01am On Nov 04, 2018
LandlordHopeful:
If you don't tithe to church things would be tight for you. My GO even said you would end up in hell

You be Mumu.
confirm mumu

1 Like

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by may320: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2018
mcemmy0z:
So God will come down from heaven and tell the churchs how they will use the money?
How the tithe should be used is clearly written in the bible. The reward or punishment for not complying to it by the Pastor is between the Pastor and God.
One of some Xtian's problems is that they rely on what they hear and not go extra mile to read/study their bible.
There's the need for us to mind our language when talking about the Most Holy God.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by anthonie3(m): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2018
gabinogem:
Read up Deuteronomy 14:22-29...The answer you seek is there.
Best answer ��
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Angelfrost(m): 11:13am On Nov 04, 2018
OmniSparrow:
Let there be war.

...And predictably... There was WAR!!!
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by TonyAntony: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2018
Sometimes we pretend to be ignorant of the words of God regarding this subject. Because we want to do what suits our purpose and not God's clear and definite instructions. It says: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in MY HOUSE." Does it say we should bring it to someone? I mean this is explicit enough for anyone to understand. We take God for granted a lot in this regard. If you pay to someone and not the church, it's no more tithe, please.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Rexnegro(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2018
femy080:
tithe are to be paid to the church but offering can be given out.
are you high ?
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by oyinmykel: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2018
Imagine you paying using your Electricity bill money to fix the electric pole on your street. Will Energy company commend you and ignore the bill for that month
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by may320: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2018
izzy4shizzy:
I have been thinking about paying of tithe and I have been caught in between two thoughts, now is paying of the 1/10th of ur earnings to the church that is referred to as tithe only or paying that 1/10th to some other purpose which u feel more satisfied with..

For example, would it also be tithe if I give my tithe to someone sourcing for funds to treat a terminal illness?
- @Op, tithe is tithe, donation is donation.
- If paid to someone else it becomes a donation/charity giving and no longer tithe.
- Tithe is a commandment with specific percentage to pay.
- Payment of tithe moves God to do many things, seen and unseen for us.
- There are promises made by Him to those who are faithful with it.
- There is a kind of "peace of mind" that goes with payment of it.
- Pray to God to reveal or give you more understanding about tithe payment.
- The Pastors who failed to utilise it the way it was commanded to be used will face the judgement.
- The judgement is not for me and you to decide but is between the Pastor and God.
- May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Originalsly: 11:27am On Nov 04, 2018
tripplephi:

SO PLEASE STUDY YOUR BIBLE TO CONFIRM WHAT I HAVE SAID, so that no one will come here with MINDLESS CHATTER without scriptural references.

Have you read your Bible?.....have you read what you wrote?.....have you studied the Bible?....did you drop any scriptural reference? Someone directed the OP to Deuteronomy 14:22-29....that's a scriptural reference ... since you have none...you should've read it instead of coming up in here and dropping such a huge load of mindless chatter and confirming the existence of sheeple that need to be freed.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Akpacha(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2018
Nowadays tithes is a scam!
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by ruthxzy(f): 11:31am On Nov 04, 2018
We christian need to use our senses and think right, churches are becoming richer while the some people around us are becoming poorer let take example of when christ heal someone on sabbath day they all go against it that it was wrong to heal on sabbath day but he did what was right by helping humanity. The all summary about Christianity is to help those in need
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Bonjoro: 11:35am On Nov 04, 2018
tripplephi:
Am SHOCKED that such question can exist when there is so MUCH KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORD OF GOD everywhere.

Your funny question is like a university of Lagos Medical student asking if he can write exam in any other university with the same department.

GOD IS ONE, GOD HAS A SYSTEM AND PLACE WHERE HIS WORSHIPERS ASSEMBLE, IT IS CALLED THE CHURCH..... It would be confusion for the same God to have different means of Approach because it would mean He is not consistent with His nature. Also, TITHE is really not an ISSUE as daddy freeze and others have been barking about... TITHE BEGAN BEFORE THE LAW even in the book of Genesis.... so it is NOT a question OF WHETHER TO PAY OR NOT.... it is simply a system of how God's GOVERNMENT WORKS.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD is a REAL KINGDOM and every KINGDOM has taxes and levis BUT It seems that we have outgrown the KINGDOM system and forgotten it exists simply because we are under a PRESIDENTIAL RULE. NONETHELESS, God is not mocked, and PAYING TITHE or NOT PAYING will not guarantee you a place in heaven,

SO PLEASE STUDY YOUR BIBLE TO CONFIRM WHAT I HAVE SAID, so that no one will come here with MINDLESS CHATTER without scriptural references. WE DO NOT SERVE A KING BY THOUGHTS OR FEELINGS OR EMPATHY OR SYMPATHY.... WE SIMPLY FOLLOW THE LAID DOWN PRINCIPLES OF HOW HE WANTS TO BE SERVED.

1 Like

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Angelfrost(m): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2018
TonyAntony:
Sometimes we pretend to be ignorant of the words of God regarding this subject. Because we want to do what suits our purpose and not God's clear and definite instructions. It says: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in MY HOUSE." Does it say we should bring it to someone? I mean this is explicit enough for anyone to understand. We take God for granted a lot in this regard. If you pay to someone and not the church, it's no more tithe, please.

...and where is God's house? Is God restricted to buildings made of bricks? Apart from tithes, how many other Levitical instructions do you and your churches abide by? Do you observe the feasts of unleaven bread, passover, in-gathering, etc? How and why is it that tithe is so fanatically emphasized compared to other ordinances? What is the spiritual and Biblical correlation between putting a tenth of one's income and true spiritual growth in this precious walk with our creator?
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Chevrolet076(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2018
LandlordHopeful:
If you don't tithe to church things would be tight for you. My GO even said you would end up in hell
you, your GO, your nairaland moniker, your post, your internet provider, are all stupid... OMO ODE
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Hassan88(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
tripplephi:

And I am disturbed and dumbfounded by the way you wrote without thinking. Are pastors God's bank? Tithe are supposed to be given to the poor and needy and I see no reason why pastors should cling to it and make it their right to enrich themselves.

It's now a right for them. Did God tell you that HE needs money? The sole purpose of this Tithe is to help the poor and needy but they dont follow the ethics and this is not normal in the Eyes of God.
Everyone will account for his deeds.
My brother, pray for your money make you tell God Wetin you want for life and give it to the needy. The prayer you said for yourself is the best. It goes to God directly.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by nyovest300(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
paxonel:
The poor deserves the money more than the church, give it to the poor
who told you? pls dont confuse him the tithe is Gods own now this is why we sre usually caught up in the middle cause we do the right thing witha a wrong means.....God said we should give i/410 of our earnings that is to say into the church so if you want to help others do it out of your own money and not the one of God so if you have been doing that ever since my bro you have not been paying your tithe so SIT UP and do the right thing
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by equilogng: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2018
[quote author=paxonel post=72666883]are pastors king of the kingdom of God?

If not, why should they collect tax called tithe? [/qu

God's kingdom is spiritual, and only the spiritual controls the physical
You see the issue of tithing is a spiritual principles that the canal or natural logic of man called sense knowledge cannot understand or fathom.

Tithing was instituted by God not any pastor.
Read Haggai 1:8-10 God s law about tithe is like the law of day and night ,you like daylight and hate the night but that's your opinion, whether you like it or not you re controlled by it. If you decides not to sleep at night that' doesn't stop the night from taking its course but just as you cannot cheat nature the effect of your not sleeping at night will definitely take its toll on your body someway or the other.
You must pay the consequences. So your obedience is for your good. Because God created the world and laid down its governing principles
.If you obey you reap a blessing it not you pay a price.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
Topmaike007:
I have learned something new today

You cannot learn anything new from useless, hopeless, senselessly empty post with no Bible quotations as backing.

Read deutermomny 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 to educate ur self on the matter of tithing.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by CoolAmbience(m): 11:48am On Nov 04, 2018
tripplephi:

D

My friend, stop that!

This lengthy stuff you wrote makes no sense at all.

Where was it written expressly that tithe should be paid to a church?

What does God need your money for? God's money, God's money....who takes these monies to God?

We have millions of children languishing in abject poverty and with no education, yet you come here to say what you know absolutely nothing abut.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2018
olatemitayo:

Irrespective of opinions, the bible clearly states the purpose of tithe, which is a portion for the Levite's, must be taken to the storehouse (church) for distritribution amongst the priests.

Tithe is different from alms giving, you can't substitute the two. Pay your tithe to a living church and give what you can to the patient. God bless

"" Read deutermomny 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 to educate ur self on the matter of tithing n end ur ignorance"".

Tithe is not different from giving alms.

Wake up.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2018
Zinny25:
Tithe is different from offerings and donations. If you know the meaning of Tithe then you will understand where it ought to be paid. Paying Tithe doesn't stop you from helping the needy around you...

You should read your Bible and tell the Holy Spirit to make you understand

Read deutermomny 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 to educate ur self on the matter of tithing n cure ur chronic ignorance.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2018
stagger:
Tithe is paid to the church where you receive spiritual instruction. It is not paid to the needy and certainly not paid to a pastor or man of God.

Giving is a 5-fold ministry.
a) Tithe - 10% of your increase or income.

From your 90%, you can then give as follows:

- to your parents
- to a man of God (prophetic offering), which ideally is given once in a while.
- to the poor and needy.
- chruch offering during services.

Of these last 4, giving to your parents in my mind should carry more weight than giving to the poor or prophetic offering.

Paying your tithe comes with a blessing only God can give, which is protection of your finances (rebuking the devourer). A poor man cannot offer that.

It is better you ask God for yourself and receive an answer in that regard.

Zinny25:
Tithe is different from offerings and donations. If you know the meaning of Tithe then you will understand where it ought to be paid. Paying Tithe doesn't stop you from helping the needy around you...

You should read your Bible and tell the Holy Spirit to make you understand

Fake pastorprenuer shatap

Read deutermomny 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 to educate ur self on the matter of tithing n cure ur chronic ignorance.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by CoolAmbience(m): 11:52am On Nov 04, 2018
paxonel:
are pastors king of the kingdom of God?
If not, why should they collect tax called tithe?

Don't mind the brainwashed fellow!

1 Like

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2018
megacruise:
Well bro, there's a difference between charity and tithing. Giving to the poor is not tithing but charity. quote author=izzy4shizzy post=72666204]I have been thinking about paying of tithe and I have been caught in between two thoughts, now is paying of the 1/10th of ur earnings to the church that is referred to as tithe only or paying that 1/10th to some other purpose which u feel more satisfied with..

For example, would it also be tithe if I give my tithe to someone sourcing for funds to treat a terminal illness?

Because sometimes, I don't really think the church needs my tithe but they stress so much about paying. Now the million dollar question is, is it paying of tithe i.e one tenth of ur earnings generally to whatever purpose you see fit or paying it to the church

Tithe is food and not money.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by desiredhome: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2018
TonyAntony:

From the bold is what is bringing a lot of eye opening/questions, where is the food in the house of God, from the tithe you build schools, and other business ventures that does not benefit the church members that brought their money.

The Church is the members not the building, if the members are not partaking in proceeds, then it's wrong. A lot people prefer giving to the poor/needy than giving to the Church because the Church has failed to do so.

1 Like

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 04, 2018
Goodlyhrt:
Your tithe is for the church

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 04, 2018
SillyeRabbit:
Pay your tithe to church and give to the needy. Simple. You are stingy if you think giving another person your money means tithe paying.

Read deutermomny 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 to educate ur self on the matter of tithing n cure ur chronic ignorance once and for all...grin.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2018
LandlordHopeful:

That GO is a Yahoo++ Nigga grin.

1 Like

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by cadesky(m): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2018
tripplephi:

Simple question u cannot answer, after d long epistle, u still end up not providing reasonable answer to d question, jst beating upandan d bush... Seems u know too much. Yes or no answer is required and back it up with sensible reference(s)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... / A Refutation Of The ‘testimony’ Of Charlotte Wells / Charlotte Keckler / Zimbabwe Blocks Chris Okafor, Nigerian Prophet Who Said Mugabe Would Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.