Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University (31038 Views)

Kano University Of Science & Technology Renamed After Aliko Dangote / Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by ijustdey: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2018
By Ibrahim Musa Giginyu

The Chancellor, Kano state University of Science and Technology (KUST) Wudil, Alhaji Aliko Dangote has given the approval for the recruitment of 15 foreign Professor into the university.

Daily Trust learnt that the professors would be on his payroll for 4 years.

Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Shehu Alhaji Musa, disclosed this at a press briefing held in Kano on Friday where he spoke about some developmental strides recorded in the university.

He added that Dangote had taken the burden of payment of their salaries for four years with possible extension to eight years in addition to building, furnishing their accommodation within the University.

The VC also added that the Kano state government had also recruited 600 academic staff for the university as part of the state government efforts to see that the university thrives among its peers.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/dangote-hires-15-foreign-professors-for-kano-versity.html

20 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2018
We see Dangote doing this always, same thing as Oprah, Bill Gates and some other billionaires, what is the richest woman in Africa doing concerning philanthropy?
We beg to understand from anyone!

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by amaniro: 9:05am On Nov 04, 2018
undecided

Dangote making lives better since 1890 cool

31 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by HigherEd: 9:52am On Nov 04, 2018
Benefits of having a Nigerian billionaire as an indigene of your state.
Lalasticlala

52 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by rhajaan(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
I laugh when other tribes see Northerners as unintelligent Abo..kis....they are silently taking over their educational structures from Southern bred academics and professors...see the amount of scholarships offered to their indigenes.....
They would have gone for good southern professors...but they know they would dominate and Populate their system with southern brethren, knowing fully well they(Northerners) cannot do this in the south ...rather they went for foreign Profs. who would not care about domination but would mentor the Northern academics.

Take a look at Ekiti for example and see how the educational structures are rapidly falling. If you have ever schooled up North...there is a systematic plan to have Northerners...foreign trained and obviously better...to take over from southerners in most Universities... eg ABU and BUK...

I hope other states wake up...

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by bolakale97(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2018
Dangote!

Dangote!!

Dangote!!!

Let me stop there

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by pat077: 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
Good one
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by HigherEd: 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:
I laugh when other tribes see Northerners as unintelligent Abo..kis....they are silently taking over their educational structures from Southern bred academics and professors...see the amount of scholarships offered to their indigenes.....
They would have gone for good southern professors...but they know they would dominate and Populate their system with southern brethren, knowing fully well they(Northerners) cannot do this in the south ...rather they went for foreign Profs. who would not care about domination but would mentor the Northern academics.

Take a look at Ekiti for example and see how the educational structures are rapidly falling. If you have ever schooled up North...there is a systematic plan to have Northerners...foreign trained and obviously better...to take over from southerners in most Universities... eg ABU and BUK...

I see it, but they are majorly doing it in a crooked way. UI doesn't enjoy nearly the amount invested into ABU. Over the years, the Min Of Education, NNPC and CBN have given ABU some very suspicious level of funding that other universities down south are not priviledged to.

BUK's solar electricity project is so massive and bankrolled by govt apparatus. I wonder if southereners realise this silent mandate by the North to give advantage to themselves as regard educational institutions. But know this while Southern public schools may be deprived of the level of funding in Northern schools, the private sector led education sector is clearly dominated by the south, from primsary to tertiary level.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by CodeTemplar: 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

If the Abokis are intelligent as you imply, why aren't they being employed to run their own schools themselves. The problem with northern Nigeria is that they are always trying to compete with southern Nigeria. The south is simply trying to be self sufficient and not trying to outdo the north.
The suspended NHIS boss for example spent lots of years in the west but look at his morals.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by CodeTemplar: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
HigherEd:

I see it, but they are majorly doing it in a crooked way. UI doesn't enjoy nearly the amount invested into ABU. Over the years, the Min Of Education, NNPC and CBN have given ABU some very suspicious level of funding that other universities down south are not priviledged to.

BUK's solar electricity project is so massive and bankrolled by govt apparatus. I wonder if southereners realise this silent mandate by the North to give advantage to themselves as regard educational institutions. But know this while Southern public schools may be deprived of the level of funding in Northern schools, the private sector led education sector is clearly dominated by the south, from primsary to tertiary level.

The north have been using this rough tactic to develop themselves for decades. Their eyes are fixated on the South's resources to the point they neglect their own potential.
As I type this, they are building power plants through NNPC in Abuja, Kaduna, and Kano while Fashola has become a pothole minister. Ironically, the refineries which are part of the NNPCs core responsibility is almost in coma.

They are a confused people. Boko haram is also against the western education they secretly wish they can overtake the south in.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by CodeTemplar: 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2018
amaniro:
undecided

Dangote making lives better since 1890 cool
What is the point of govt stifling the cement competition and make dangote artificially rich while citizens are homeless?
Is that a example of Dangote making life easier?

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by HigherEd: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
What is the point of govt stifle the cement competition and make dangote artificially rich while citizens are homeless?
Is that a example of Dangote making life easier?
Truth be told a Dangote doesn't do to well with competition. And while his companies have brought so many jobs to Nigeria we can't deny that the lack of competition which is a product of govt stifling opposition does a lot of harm...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by CheapDataGuy: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
make dis man kuku contest for president coz to me oo, he has done far more than Buhari has done from 1983 to now.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by sureheaven(m): 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nice one richest black man on earth.

May God continue to bless u.

Where is the Thieving Atiku who lied to have employed 50,000 invisible workers. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by AdonaiAluminium: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
Why hire foreign proffessors, is it that he can"t see Such qualified manpower in the country?

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
waste of money. there are too many graduates in the country. we need trade schools

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by SuperS1Panther: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
He has money to open 10 private universities, rather he is assisting public educational institution.

Whereas some lunatic looters will loot public fund to establish private university and yet they are collecting exorbitant school fees.

I did not mention anybody's name o. So face front.

All what i know is --- Sai Baba 2019

E KU ni e ma KU, we will do your OBItuary in FeBuhari.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Hotfreezer: 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
ADEMOLA144:
waste of money. there are too many graduates in the country. we need trade schools

You're smart.

We need trade schools that in 3 years, you get a diploma, you have full knowledge of a trade and you have experience.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Yuceeluv(f): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hope they are aware that they are in a "bomb prone" zone...what's my own shaa
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by pascal558(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
this na the real JAGABAN!
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by maigemuu: 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
Money speaking!

Those professors go show irrespective of boko haram.

Who get dangote number, I need to call him

I can work under pressure, all kinds of pressure even against pressure...be it physical n spiritual...
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Afonja007: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

what about 30 million almajiri children?

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by mu2sa2: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
sureheaven:
Nice one richest black man on earth.

May God continue to bless u.

Where is the Thieving Atiku who lied to have employed 50,000 invisible workers. cool
Those are phantom workers.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by sparkle6(m): 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
It doesnt end in hiring o. What infastructures will be used to teach. We are tired of theory and using cramer's rule.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Bari22: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
I'm proud of him

1 Like

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

The truth still remains, Hausa is still the most backward ethnic group in Subsaharan Africa. He can bring foreign professors to Kano but he cannot make Kano indigenes more educated , no matter how hard he tries.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

Abokis colonising themselves with their hands,after receiving funding from southern wealth.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nigeria needs to move forward.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by ServicesTasks: 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
Very nice of him.
Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by ivanalimi: 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
rhajaan:

I laugh in Swahili.northerners taking over in education.u must be high on osogbo weed.av u ever wondered why they never cross over to the south for their tertiary education? most of their secondary school graduates cannot even spell onions correctly. the north is backward in everything my friend education included. its not surprising though. they place much emphasis on Islamic education and frown at western education. they are ignorant and proudly so.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University by Ikpongiton: 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
Dangote,africas biggest scammer.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... / Anambra University Lecturer Holds Anas Masked-Themed Investigative Class / Latest Scholarships in Nigeria - Updated Daily - EDUREGARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.