Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) (76772 Views)

Cleric, Bride’s Father Disagree On Who Should Declare Marriage Has Taken Place / Abuja Bride Cancels Wedding After Finding Out Groom Slept With Bridesmaid / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GisterBlogger: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2018
A couple's wedding day turned to a sad one after the bride's father abruptly called off the occassion.

According to reports, Oluwaseun Adugbe's father called off her wedding to Tunji Curtis, her fiance of five years and the father of her five year old child.

Tunji had arrived Ibadan with his family and friends to marry the love of his life but to his uttermost shock, his father in-law told him point blank that the wedding had been called off.

When asked why he took such a rash decision, the father, Mr Adugbe who is a native of Edo state, told the groom that he failed to honor a meeting he called for on Friday which should have preceded the wedding on Saturday.

A distraught Tunji told Tribune that he was shocked at his fiancee's father's decision

“This is shocking. I don’t believe this is truly happening, because my wife and I had no issues at all and I can’t remember having any issue with her father. In fact, I sent money to her father last week Thursday as part of my contributions towards the wedding. I asked my father in-law what went wrong; he told me that I failed to honour a meeting yesterday. I tried to explain to him that I was extremely busy making sure that everything was in place so that we could have a smooth celebration.”[/i]Tunji said

Asked what his next plans would be, Tunji simply said: “ Right now, I just want to forget about this drama and cool off. I will think of the next thing to do when I wake up tomorrow.”

Tunji’s elder sister, Abibat, who came to Ibadan with about 15 persons, including family members and friends, said she was disappointed by the actions of the bride’s family, adding that

“[i]You can imagine the excuse that they gave for the cancellation of the wedding. I have never seen any family that is as irresponsible as this. I don’t blame them; I blame our son, who took the wrong step. The wedding is over and we will be going back to Lagos anytime from now,” [/i]she lamented.

Another member of the family, Olayinka Ogunbajo, who brought the wedding cake from Lagos said the family members met the father of the bride on their arrival from Lagos with the cake, saying

“[i]the father told us where we would keep the cake on Friday. He welcomed us heartily into his house and there was no reason for us to think otherwise. On getting here this morning, we were told that the wedding had been called off. I am speechless.”

Efforts to speak with the bride’s father proved abortive as he declined comment. The bride also declined comment.

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/drama-brides-father-cancels-wedding-d-day-ibadan-photos

Lalasticlala mynd44

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GisterBlogger: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2018
SEE PHOTOS OF THE FATHER, BRIDE & HUSBAND HERE >> http://gistmore.com/drama-brides-father-cancels-wedding-d-day-ibadan-photos

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Olalan(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2018
The father isn't telling the true story behind his absurd action

180 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 11:05am On Nov 04, 2018
Kasala

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by serverconnect(m): 11:24am On Nov 04, 2018
Chim oo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by extralargehead(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2018
Please send some of the Food across .More seriously, the groom should know that these old men hold customs and culture above every other thing. So if the customs demanded for the meeting ,he should have honoured it. What a hard way to learn!!!.

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2018
May God preserve us from unforeseen embarrassment.

Nah the father lost out here! He wasn't even happy that the father of the baby born by, probably not well trained daughter, is ready to accept the baby and daughter and make their relationship "legal". He is there getting angry over one useless meeting at odd time. Iranu! undecided

Sense fall on their family as a whole!

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by jej3013(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2018
WTF

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by FTjnr(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2018
do fathers have the right to do this?

20 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 04, 2018
no reason, smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by godfatherx: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
The bride is already your baby mama, why waste so much money? Just ignore the father, take your bae to registry and seal the deal.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by iamJ(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
anyway to get some meat for myself?

[img]https://media1./images/f0f7184cc461e7d032becce363e7e944/tenor.gif[/img]

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by SINZ: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
Who will eat all that fried meat cry

16 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
It was said he had accused Tunji of failing to honour a meeting with other members of the family on Friday, a development which left them with no option but to cancel the wedding.

What an egoistic man for a father.

Dude cancelled the wedding because his soon to be son in-law didn't turned out to be the ass licker like he hoped.

Wedding between two adults! Nah he has no right to cancel unless the zombie couple didn't want to be together in the first place. undecided

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
Believe me that lady go tey for her papa house! Wch kain embarrassment be this undecided

12 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by tatibillion: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
I no go gree if na me

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by bettercreature(m): 11:46am On Nov 04, 2018
FTjnr:
do fathers have the right to do this?
They dont.But this is africa

6 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Issame: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
tatibillion:
I no go gree
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by justi4jesu(f): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
Lol so funny
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by YesNo(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
na wah.

that moment when you get to find out that the marriage will not happen... after you have told all your fellow baby mamas that you are about to upgrade. grin

i feel sorry for d bride. she would have to remain trapped the baby mama zone for some more time..

thanks to her father.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Beremx(f): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
Stupid reason to cancel the wedding.

8 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
this is my comment
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by bravojohny(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
It is taken me all my life to understand that it is not necessary to understand everything

And it may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Groovenaija360(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
grin
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by deafeyez: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
The man must be high on something.

Run away from their daughter before something fall on you.

8 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by pastoradebola: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
That is culture above her children. May God forgive him

7 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Jumbus31(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
He should tell us what, these are just flimsy excuse. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by kayboy4y(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
Baba why?

What an embarrassing moment.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2018
There's more to this than meets the eye in this story certainly...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:48am On Nov 04, 2018
Supposed happy gone sore, and a bad experience to witness such may such fate never befall us.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Interesting15: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2018
This is unpleasant...

Anyways, Happy Sunday people. The message I was asked to give is to remind you that JESUS CHRIST loves you so much and wants a relationship with you. Accept Him as LORD and Savior of your life, and it shall be well with you. Amen

57 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day-why Is She Doing This To Herself? / Man Weds 2 Ladies In Delta On The Same Day, Photos Go Viral / OMG: Wedding Palava: See Dressing Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.