Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies (618 Views)

Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case / Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by Lizzysamuel(f): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
A Nigerian lady who recently embarked on a journey, took to Facebook to recount her experience with a passenger who said it’s a taboo for a man to seat between two ladies.

According to the Nigerian lady, the incident occurred while on her way back to Onitsha and the driver supported the passenger who resorted to yelling after she chipped in her thoughts.

Read her post below;

I had a cussed experience on my way back to onitsha. I boarded a car to onitsha, a lady was already at the back seat of three and a guy at the front. I got in, we were left with a passenger. We waited for the longest minutes before we got another passenger to complete the number of passengers needed.

I stepped down from the car for him to get in, He surprisingly stared at me and asked I get to the middle space while he takes mine (No, it didn’t come as a plead. It was a normalised act I never knew existed.)
Well, I declined.

“Nna a, i saw the two spaces and chose that which will be comfortable for me.”
He continued to lecture me how it’s a taboo for a man to sit between two women. “Kedu kam ga esi wey noro ebe, umu nwanyi ana akpakom, how would I sit and allow two women shrink me?”

This is a public car:
We paid same fare
We arrived before him
And everyone took a space that suits them.
While he was lamenting, I asked him to excuse me so I sit on the space he rejected, as he foolishly did, I got back to my space and told him to use the next door when he’s ready to get in. (Bless his soul, I’m sure he wouldn’t want to mess with the grim lady next door)
Oga resorted to yelling.

At this moment, nobody cared—neither the lady nor I. He met the driver and asked for a refund, perhaps; the driver queried to know why, hence he approached us and said;
“Kedu ka Unu ga esi rapu nwoke ka onoro n’ etiti, how can you allow a man sit between you women?”
It was a rhetorical question we didn’t bother answering. I picked my phone and got myself busy while expecting either a refund or a new passenger to replace the ‘oracle.’

Finally, another passenger arrived—a man, younger and sensible one. He paid for the space the oracle rejected. I wasn’t surprised how the driver briskly refunded his money. We should blame his irrational reasoning on the quest for a customer right?
Our car was the last.

The oracle was left with two options—to use a bus or wait till other cars arrive from onitsha. Whatever his best option was, I sincerely don’t care.
I need a glass of chilled water to calm my nerves.

Read more:

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-lady-passenger-who-said-its-a-taboo-for-a-man-to-seat-between-ladies/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by Blakjewelry(m): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
the guy na old school, but it is not a taboo for a man stay inbetween the two legs of a woman

2 Likes

Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by MightySparrow: 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
The ladies should have seated close to each other and the man sit on their laps or the man carrying both on his laps. Se you get?

2 Likes

Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by bigtt76(f): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
Actually the man is right, siting in between two ladies may result in sexual stimulation and if he mistakenly places his hands on either, he could be accused of sexual harassment. I expected the ladies not to have allowed that.

Would the same lady feel free to seat in between two men? Some people are taking this feminist thing too far and without proper reasoning undecided

1 Like

Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by LuciferKristi: 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
Is he saying he cannot engage in a threeesome? shocked

Chei! Our forefathers missed o!

But wait, wasn't Ojukwu dressed as a woman when he escaped Biafra?
Complete with judge, bra & white satin pant sef.
Which is worse?
Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by 46O1CE: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Stupid thread
Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by Vinstel: 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
There's no culture in Igbo land that says a man can't sit between two women. The man is just a chauvinist

2 Likes

Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
Super Story
Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by stagger: 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Is he saying he cannot engage in a threeesome? shocked

Chei! Our forefathers missed o!

But wait, wasn't Ojukwu dressed as a woman when he escaped Biafra?
Complete with judge, bra & white satin pant sef.
Which is worse?

Ojukwu never dressed as a woman. Who told you that BS story? The soldiers with him threw out refugees from a plane and he left the enclave with his immediate family.
Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by chris31(m): 7:04am On Nov 05, 2018
Respect peoples tradition
Re: Between Lady & Passenger Who Said It’s A Taboo For A Man To Seat Between Ladies by gamaliel9: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2018
"How will i sit and allow two women to shrink me" grin grin

This one got me cracking.....

Meanwhile the transport fare to Daura for Buhari is about to be completed

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Cameroon Kitchen On Fire: BBC Pidgin / Dubai Or Australia/usa / Is This Possible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.