Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm (357 Views)

US Publishing Firm Offers Lifetime Publishing Contract To Nigeria's Godwin Udag / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe / Memoir Of A Lagos Mainland Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm by deolivette: 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
Time for some great stories.

De-Olivette explores the art of fiction, celebrating both emerging and established writers. We focus on the craft of writing and how the elements of craft make a good story shine. We do editing work which is usually handled by our in-house editors for selected work.

We feature new and republished fiction, historical fiction, drama, poetry and book annotations.

So if you have a winning story which you strongly believe can become the best new thing, then get in touch.

Submission Guidelines

Our Fiction categories are open from November 5th and closes November 30th and it is open to any emerging or established author.

We are currently accepting stories from 5,000 words to 40,000 only. And we are ONLY accepting Fiction at the moment. Entries for Poetry and Drama will be March and August yearly respectively.

We accept submissions from ONLY Nigerian based authors and writers.

We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us immediately and withdraw your work if your story is accepted elsewhere. 

We do not charge submission fees, but are highly selective in what we choose to publish.ONLY

Your email must be titled: Fiction Submission (in bracket the title). We are only interested in the Synopsis of the story and the first 1000 words. If the story has an impressive hook and catches our interest, we will schdudle a meeting with you at our Abule Egba, Lagos office.

We will also consider previously published fiction, as long as the writer retains the rights or second-publication rights can be obtained. We do not pay for reprints.

Each published story will include an editor’s introduction as well as a De-Olivettes note from the author. Author’s Notes will be requested upon acceptance. To learn more, kindly message deolivettepress@gmail.com
Re: Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm by lionness(f): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
What about political memoirs. I have a manuscript titled "Days of the Locust", an anthologies of the corruptocracy we operate in Nigeria which has kept us backwards. Let me know if I should email you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm by deolivette: 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
lionness:
What about political memoirs. I have a manuscript titled "Days of the Locust", an anthologies of the corruptocracy we operate in Nigeria which has kept us backwards. Let me know if I should email you

Please email us or check your dm for the phone number I shared. Thanks
Re: Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
lionness:

Have you been compiling the days of the locust?
Re: Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm by dsuccessfulguy: 10:15am On Nov 06, 2018
I'm glad you left CassavaRepulic but the guy you directed me to didn't even market my books the way you've marketed some of your imprints I noticed on amazon,I formerly tried your former partner the owner of Emotion Press but I regretted the cover for my novel,I hope you do a better work now that you are working solo.check your email regarding a new edition of my two works
Re: Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm by dsuccessfulguy: 10:22am On Nov 06, 2018
lionness:

I just went through your comments,. I'd love to read your work.

(1) (Reply)

22 Things To Do After You Self-publish In Nigeria And Anywhere Else / Mother-in-law - Episode 7 / Life: A Bed Of Roses (Realistic Expression of Life)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.