Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) (28895 Views)

Passengers From North Disguised As "Press" Caught At Onitsha Head Bridge At 3am / Ambode Is Building Pedestrian Bridge At Magodo-Alausa Secretariat Bus-stop / Skywalk Bridge At Oshodi Installed By Lagos State Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by cadre88(m): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2018
Chai OP, it's constructed by Hon Omoseide Igbinedion and not Obaseki
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by olmoRoc: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
That UBTH Pedestrian bridge - the first to be built in Edo state - suffered severe lack of usage.

Thief lucky igbinedion built several when he was chairman of Oredo LGA, however, they were built with very flimsy steel sheets, hence their underutilization.
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by valicvicto(f): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
lielina, d one wey de Auchi poly na wetin?
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by adambest(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
autojosh:
The only Pedestrian Bridge in Edo state is currently under construction.

The Pedestrian Bridge is being constructed across a federal highway - the Benin-Lagos expressway. It is situated in front of the main gate of the University of Benin (UNIBEN), Ugbowo campus, Benin city.

The project is being funded by the Godwin Obaseki-led Edo state government.

Currently, no pedestrian bridge exists in Edo state. However, this pedestrian bridge is not going to be the first to be constructed in the state.

The first Pedestrian Bridge was constructed in the early ‘90s.  It was constructed about 500 meters away from where one is being built now. It was built in front of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH).

That UBTH Pedestrian bridge - the first to be built in Edo state -  suffered severe lack of usage. Ostensibly, this led to its eventual dismantling and disappearance from that location. That Pedestrian Bridge was constructed by Lucky Igbinedion, during his stint as the Chairman of Oredo Local Government council.

It could be recalled that several students of the University  of Benin (UNIBEN) have lost their lives while attempting to cross the ever-busy Benin-Lagos expressway to the institution’s campus. The most recent being the one involving a certain Late Rita Awele.

All these informed the decision by the Edo state government to construct a pedestrian bridge in front of the UNIBEN main gate.

The Pedestrian Bridge, which has reached an advance stage of construction, is being built by Hartland Construction Company.

SOURCE:

https://autojosh.com/the-only-pedestrian-bridge-in-edo-state-is-currently-being-constructed-photos/

lie kill ur head wetin happen to auchi poly gate Dat na madestral bridge? adeke like u

1 Like

Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by ChrisOkodugha: 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2018
There is pedestrian bridge in Auchi. Go to Auchi Polytechnic to confirm.
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by Danny555: 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
You better visit auchi poly in Edo state to really know if there is one in edo state or not
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by otumalagicruz12: 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
lie!!!! auchi poly as a highway pedestrian bridge. commission by d past minister of works...
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by joshrare(m): 6:27am On Nov 06, 2018
indomitableme:
Op next time get your facts right before making titles. what about the pedestrian bridge in front of Auchi Polytechnic main gate?

Olodo..... He said Benin and not edo state oponu...

poly student spotted, always craving for attention
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by odigbosky(m): 7:17am On Nov 06, 2018
joshrare:

This is how you know ekiadolor students....always showing their backwardness like the name of their school. The initial title of the post stated Edo state.....ozuor
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by EgusiShankly: 8:24am On Nov 06, 2018
joshrare:

did you go through that post at all?
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by kitone: 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
I read medicine in uniben 2001/2002 , I lived in BDPA .the number of people that died within my 8yrs in UBTH was more than 30. anyway I don't blame you ,because you are ignorant of the fact does not make me lie.we are the one in the hospital when they bring in the bodies. Or you think they will leave then on the express for you to count?guy I was in uniben when men they enter university not small pikin we they see now.mtshew

Nelsizzy:
Bros lie with caution na, haba. I spent 4 years in Uniben and it just a student that died during that interval. Mind you there was no speed bumps then. How did 30 now die during yours? How many years you spend for school?
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by joshrare(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2018
odigbosky:

This is how you know ekiadolor students....always showing their backwardness like the name of their school. The initial title of the post stated Edo state.....ozuor

Just tell us that your gf/wife is an ekiafa product... I can't say anything about their backwardness or whatever simply because I have no dealings with ekiafa......
That's your headache anyways, I have no business with whoever or whatever you are that is derailing your thought!
my advice... focus more on yourself rather than making the failure of the government your utmost priority in life
Re: Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS) by joshrare(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2018
EgusiShankly:

did you go through that post at all?
Sorry sir.. it's a sign of hunger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bus Driver Uses POS To Collect Transport Fare In Owerri (Pix, Video) / Corper Survives Accident With Cattle And Fulani Herdsmen On Enugu Road / Before And After: Cele–Ilasa, Apapa Oshodi Expressway (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.