Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos (56628 Views)

Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by yimikaa: 4:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
But Oba no dey go transfer na. Wetin come happen grin

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by Born2Breed(f): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
Drchristian:
Where are the funny Edo people that claimed Oba nor dey leave Palace? This is his third time in Abuja.

Stop being a ninny. We have corrected you bunch of myopic lipsrsealed here severally but you keep spewing this uninformed statement.
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hotfreezer:

You think the British would release those stuffs?
its better dey keep it sef, we wont manage it well here.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by slimfit1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
icon007:
aaaaarrrggghhh, how can 'oba' go to receive 'prince'.

Should be the other way round naaa.

shocked

eehhmm, for you dat wish to attack me, consider it a 'joke'

I tire after we will say they don't respect us.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by buchilino(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
icon007:
aaaaarrrggghhh, how can 'oba' go to receive 'prince'.

Should be the other way round naaa.

shocked

eehhmm, for you dat wish to attack me, consider it a 'joke'

IT'S NO JOKE, I BELIEVE UR SAYING D TRUTH. IT SUPPOSED TO BE D OTHER WAY AROUND

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by buchilino(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Opharhe:
Hopefully, returning of looted Benin artifacts will be an important part of the deliberations.

Oba gha to kpere.

IF IT'S TRUE DEN HIS NOT A SERIOUS MAN. OF ALL THE PPLE TO COMPLAIN TO, HE CHOOSE CHARLES

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by buchilino(m): 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
Opharhe:
Hopefully, returning of looted Benin artifacts will be an important part of the deliberations.

Oba gha to kpere.

IF IT'S TRUE DEN HIS NOT A SERIOUS MAN. OF ALL THE PPLE TO COMPLAIN TO, HE CHOOSE CHARLES
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
Opharhe:

Oba gha to kpere.
they better remain in the UK because if they come back, they'll be ruined by neglect

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by fillipelobos: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
PrinceOgun:

Sentiments Aside The Ooni of Ife is a very junior son to the Oba Of Benin!

All Monarchies in the south trace their origin to that Benin Town , the British just subtle acknowledge this, I will be honest

Sentiments aside boss

Prove this fact

Make me learn

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by writeprof(m): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
Shouldn't the Oba wait for them in his palace at Benin. Anyway, I know Prince Charles et al are not here for our good. They're probably here to secure their 'oily' interest ahead of a dicey 2019.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by olajide21: 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
I really wish I could knock some wisdom into his head.
[/quote]

What is stopping you from doing that? Your Ancestors?
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by mrpotter(m): 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This Oba of Benin either doesn't know much about Bini history or he has no sense of self-respect?
Why will a right-thinking Oba be famzing Prince Charles?

Has he forgotten what Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi suffered at the hands of the same British Monarchy through Capt. Henry L. Gallwey?

Has he forgotten the Bini artefacts that were stolen and have been refused to be returned by British Museums?

He is a disgrace to Oba Ewuare whose name he bears.
Does he know that the Oba is a house leopard that doesn't step outside?

Na wa sha for this my Oba.
Why not try and borrow small sense my friend.
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by Johnboom: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2018
PrinceOgun:

All Monarchies in the south trace their origin to that Benin Town , the British just subtle acknowledge this, I will be honest

You are deluded

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by TAO11(f): 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
PrinceOgun:

How can the Ooni stool be lower in status to the Oba of Benin's and yet the Oba of Benin paid homage to the Ooni of Ife in the days of yore, even up till today(but of course codedly nowadays).

Watch the video in the link below for evidence of the opposite of what you've ignorantly claimed here. The relevant part of the video is from time "00:46:53 to 00:50:20".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSNMHSzbAM&t=39s

Moreover, the homage paying practice by the Obas of Benin to Ile-Ife still continues in modern times. Below is another video which reports that this present Oba of Benin paid homage at the "Orun Oba 'Do" shrine in Ile-Ife during his two-days visit to Osun State earlier this year. Watch and enjoy.

"Orun Oba 'Do" shrine is the shrine where the heads of the Obas of Benin (from Oba Eweka 1 to Oba Adolo) are buried in Ile-Ife. The practice is to send the heads to Ile-Ife for burial, while Ife sends a bronze casting replica to Benin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhU2AmpvJk

If u like insult me from now till tomorrow, that wouldn't alter facts

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by columbus007(m): 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This Oba of Benin either doesn't know much about Bini history or he has no sense of self-respect?

Has he forgotten what Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi suffered at the hands of the same British Monarchy through Capt. Henry L. Gallwey?

Has he forgotten the Bini artefacts that were stolen and have been refused to be returned by British Museums?

the only issue is if you die none of us will know.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by mr1759: 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2018
For the mother to sent him it means the woman already giving way for his son to step into her shoe �

For all those mixing up issues this is an international/ national, also issues with kingdoms, so am sure Edo is the only place you find kingdom in Nigeria �� the rest are empire/emirate, so Oba of Edo has to be there
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by TVTKOKO(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
A king went to meet a prince? Somebody define inferiority complex again undecided undecided
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by paix(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
Olamsoh:
NLC has being shouting about Strike for a week now but no Strike.

ASUU came out of nowhere and announced indefinite Strike.

LMAO... These are the real World class strikers no be by mouth.

Meanwhile join https:///E2iCiBogsav97cC9m4NxWy for jobs since assu don delcare strike
You should know that the NLC is being democratic, that's why they can not go on strike abruptly.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by dangoteinlaw: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
Drchristian:
Where are the funny Edo people that claimed Oba nor dey leave Palace? This is his third time in Abuja.
your stupidity not withstanding but me too dey wonder for my oba oo, the guy's a real wakadugbe

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by TAO11(f): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
mr1759:
For the mother to sent him it means the woman already giving way for his son to step into her shoe �

For all those mixing up issues this is an international/ national, also issues with kingdoms, so am sure Edo is the only place you find kingdom in Nigeria �� the rest are empire/emirate, so Oba of Edo has to be there

Oga ade, you are yarning opas and you had no one to tell u...

Benin is an empire as well as a kingdom, just as some other empire in Nigeria ruled by kings or queens.

This visit is purely a diplomatic one aka a "famzing" one.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by Jaqenhghar: 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
Drchristian:
Hehehe.
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by TAO11(f): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
Opharhe:
They've released some already. More can still be released.

The ones they sold back to us because they said they had replica(s) of them?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by mr1759: 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2018
TAO11:

Oga ade, you are yarning opas and you had no one to tell u...

Benin is an empire as well as a kingdom, just as some other empire in Nigeria ruled by kings or queens.

This visit is purely a diplomatic one aka a "famzing" one.

You lie Edo has kingdom not empire or emirate
British has kingdom like Edo not empire
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by SamzackD(m): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

you're well read man.. the kind of power the Benin empire held, if this man knows he would never leave his palace just to go and greet prince Charles rather prince Charles should be begging to be allowed into the palace...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by coputa(m): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I do not know which part of the country you came from.I guess from whence they knock their elders on the head and slaps their parents,your post sold you out as one from a loose background where anything goes.How dare you address a first class royal father in such manner,even if you want to be noticed by your weird remark,try to always give what belongs to cecear to him.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by coputa(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
mrpotter:

Why not try and borrow small sense my friend.
The urge to be relevant has beclouded his sense of reasoning..he is akin to a foolish clown in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by TAO11(f): 9:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
mr1759:

You lie Edo has kingdom not empire or emirate
British has kingdom like Edo not empire

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy the bliss while it last.

A quick google search of the meanings of "kingdom" and "empire" would have saved u this public embarrassment.

A kingdom is simply one ruled by a monarch (king or queen).

An empire is an even more developed, organised and civilized state in ancient times.

Everything is not to demean you or your beloved Benin, don't be paranoid.

Google "Benin Empire" and liberate yourself.

Kingdom and Empire are not opposites or mutually exclusives.

In fact, Britain is more known as "British Empire" than "British Kingdom".
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by iboboyswag(m): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Things change! - Peter Macintosh
Change of Time - Josh Ritter
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by ogbonti: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
Drchristian:

stop telling lies.... There are historical pictures that the Oba leaves his palace, from time immemorial. Where is this "established" lie coming from?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2018
Afonja007:
oba no dey go transfer the oba that British government banished to calabar and he died there nko? Even Prince is even bigger than the oba

Oga you dey hear English Xo Transfer ad Banish how are they related sad

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by Legendguy(m): 12:20am On Nov 06, 2018
The number one African fetish king
Re: Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos by GistFullGround: 1:03am On Nov 06, 2018
Drchristian:

Ororo no dey fade, Oba no dey go transfer!

Your Ooni wey dey travel every 2 months because of human trafficking cannot be compared to Omo n'Oba

Everyone who understands Yoruba should watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJvPjEyvlI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / Emir Sanusi Drives Vintage Car To Dubar; Same As His Grand-father's In 1956 / 10 Cultural Taboos In Yorubaland! (things You Must Never Do)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.