Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. (10640 Views)

Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 9:51am On Nov 11, 2018
beatmonster:

If you have 4milla, enter Japan via language studies start working and get your employer to sponsor your work Visa. you will recover your money within 2 years...

Really?
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2018
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by beatmonster(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:

Really?

Yes.

My friend went through that route. His brother is about to move next year (via language studies) and he (my friend) is sponsoring him.

Japan needs immigrants but they are very strict with immigration. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by optimusprime2(m): 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Those are some damning statistics.
Sad as it sounds, the statistics are very true.
To tell you the truth brov, sometimes it gets scary whenever you get pulled over by the police in the US.

That's the main reason the "Black lives matter" movement was initiated.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by beatmonster(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
optimusprime2:

Many people love The US so much that they are blind to one of the biggest problems with the US.
I don't want to do the explanation myself please read the following reports,

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/african-americans-moving-africa-180116092736345.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/health/gun-deaths-in-men-by-state-study/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/police-are-still-killing-black-people-why-isnt-it-news-anymore/2018/03/12/df004124-22ef-11e8-badd-7c9f29a55815_story.html

https://psmag.com/social-justice/black-cops-are-just-as-likely-as-whites-to-kill-black-suspects

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/a-matter-of-black-lives/399386/

A black man is more likely to die in the US than in Argentina.

Oga, no place is heaven. US has got its problem but it still remains the land of immigrants and immigrants (including blacks) have made it there.

Tell one Argentine success story and I will tell you 100 US stories of black men. The contest is open
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by suxes2005(m): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
beatmonster:

Oga, no place is heaven. US has got its problem but it still remains the land of immigrants and immigrants (including blacks) have made it there.

Tell one Argentine success story and I will tell you 100 US stories of black men. The contest is open

Sir, you’re very right on your own when it comes to succeeding abroad. US might have more success stories than Argentina. I’ll advice the op to consider Argentina.

Yankee go soon tough. People will start coming home voluntarily- things might change tho.

I’m talking based on papers ...
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Bawss1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
Raalsalghul:
You just came to lambast the op without offering any reasonable solution
Spits!

You might want to try opening your eyes when reading, it helps.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Raalsalghul: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
suxes2005:

Sir, you’re very right on your own when it comes to succeeding abroad. US might have more success stories than Argentina. I’ll advice the op to consider Argentina.

Yankee go soon tough. People will start coming home voluntarily- things might change tho.

What are you seeing that we are not?
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by beatmonster(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
suxes2005:

Sir, you’re very right on your own when it comes to succeeding abroad. US might have more success stories than Argentina . I’ll advice the op to consider Argentina.

I agree with you on how difficult it is to get Yankee paper but optimusprime2 is negative about it based on "blacks being killed in US" not because of the difficulty in getting papers.

I know Yankee paper though that why I proposed Japan via language studies. I can give him a Facebook group link where he can do his research and ask questions to international professionals working in Japan.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Babyvet: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
Raalsalghul:
What are you seeing that we are not?

you will not truly understand unless you live here.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Babyvet: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
suxes2005:

Sir, you’re very right on your own when it comes to succeeding abroad. US might have more success stories than Argentina, I’ll advice the op to consider Argentina.

Sometimes papers can be the least of your problems.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by optimusprime2(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
beatmonster:

Bros,
I never said the US is a bad place o, I only responded to a post that said Argentina is dangerous for a black
man.
My response was the US is even more dangerous to a black man than Argentina is, with the following reasons.
Which we are all aware of.
I NEVER said the US is a bad place...
It just has its own unique problems, which are strange to many countries.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by neutralmind: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
BedLam:
From all I can tell, the OP is not competitive. You are a banker in a 3rd world, teaches English and do marketing and sales. You haven't sold anything that will make our eyes pop out. Chill bro, you aren't competitive and that will decrease your chances of going to a better country.
I know you will think I'm harsh but Germany, and other Western countries are in shortage of high skilled jobs, for instance, data scientists.
Anyone is more likely to employ a South African as an English teacher compared to a Nigerian. That's because they feel their education is better than ours and that's true.
Now you have to up your game, go learn something that will cut you an edge. This might take years and energy but 3 years from now, you will have better chance of getting a good job in any country that you'd want. Think Data science , digital marketing since you said you are a sales person. The world is so open, you can be anything you want to be. If you put your time and effort in it.
I wish you well.

I'm not a banker, i dont teach english.

I also do marketing and sales by default as an entrepreneur.

However i appreciate your advice, its valuable.

Thanks.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by neutralmind: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
I really appreciate all the sincere advice...
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Baggiopreshy: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
An a graduate in Nigeria. Am 21. Is there any football program I can get into and atleast gives me an opportunity to start from their armature league funds are no problem.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Baggiopreshy: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
Really that would be great. The age can be worked on,am yet to get a passport so reducing to like 19......
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Macabinha: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
richidinho:

go to thailand and teach english

Nigeria is not considered a native English speaking country, so you can't teach English in Thailand. The only African country currently considered for English tutoring in Asia is South Africa.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 23, 2018
Recently I have been coming across Japan and south Koran as a place to migrate to please can any one put me and any intending persons how life over there is? Plsssss

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by jesuisroya: 12:43am On Jan 02, 2019
Hello house,
Good day everyone in the group.
I wish you all a happy New Year.
My question is: I wish to travel to the US on holidays wiht my family: my husband and 2 kids.
My husband has a bout 1Million naira in his account while I have about 3 million.
We both work, though I earn more. i work in a well known establishment while my husband works for a small time business and earns like 100K per month.
Will it be ok for us to start the visa application process?
Thanks for your kind advice.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by cydophobia(m): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2019
Boss you got mail
Please attend to it asap
Thank you.

optimusprime2:

Bros,
I never said the US is a bad place o, I only responded to a post that said Argentina is dangerous for a black
man.
My response was the US is even more dangerous to a black man than Argentina is, with the following reasons.
Which we are all aware of.
I NEVER said the US is a bad place...
It just has its own unique problems, which are strange to many countries.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Mona12345: 8:50am On Jan 09, 2019
neutralmind:

I studied banking, ive been in business since i graduated. In my early thirties.

I can do sales, marketing, business research, market research , can speak and teach english etc.

I am also a business graduate and lives in Dubai. I can say that it is one of the best places to live and start a business or to find a job.

You will find numerous opportunities and there are a few well reputed firms which helps young entrepreneurs to start their business. Also, You can have a short trip to Dubai (which isn't very expensive) and develop an understanding of the opportunities.

There are certain activities as well which can be enjoyed on a low budget. Here you go: https://happydesertsafari.com/evening-desert-safari/

Also check out this site which you might find helpful to get started with your business http://www.injazuae.org/

Good luck!
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by MacLovington(m): 1:58am On Feb 08, 2019
optimusprime2:

No problem bro,
Just know that as far as Europe is concerned;

1- if you do not have strong family ties to an EU citizen I.e father or mother(even siblings don't cut it these days)
2-if you aren't going there for studies(this option is even very limited, because in most EU countries as soon as you finish your program, you are usually ushered out)
3-if your spouse isn't European....
Then no way.
Forget about what people say, There's no way you can immigrate to any European country to live and work... I repeat No other way- currently, the EU is blocked to immigration... ask any body.

Like I said explore South America for opportunities, Costa-Rica is not a bad destination as well, but do your research, see what fits your plan and what you can do.
In addition I could give you some pointers,

depending on your funds, you could try South Korea; apply to a language school/institute, get accepted, visit Korea and see how well you learn Korean, if you get a good hold of Korean language, then there are opportunities that pay well as regards to your profession, otherwise there are industrial blue collar jobs in factories or the manufacturing sector that you could run while as a student. If you are a good budget planner, then you could have some useful savings.

I would have said Turkey, but... I have my reasons about always telling people to think seriously again about Turkey before choosing, however if you can brave it, find a school in Turkey and apply for either a language program (TOMER) or a regular graduate program, obtain a visa and see what Turkey offers, take note; the hussling period in Turkey is always during the summer period which is usually from Jun-September. However with the current strength of the Turkish lira the most you can make a month is barely 500usd, of which you would spend part for upkeep, but the good side of Turkey is the low cost of living generally.

As for China, you have to be business savvy if you want to go to China for husslin, besides China is a society that is not politically correct, I.e you remain second class as long as you are black or African, so certain jobs that you could have easily done (like teaching English) wouldn't be available to you, I have seen Ukrainians with poor English proficiency teach English in China and get paid well, just because they are glowing white with blue eyes... lol! China for you... However if you are physically endowed, muscular, athletic and tall, it could work to your favour as the Chinese believe Blacks are physically gifted ... you could teach sports or physical education in China, so how do you go?
Simple, apply to a language institute in a 1st Tier city in China, get accepted and you could be on your way. However this is a capital intensive plan.

Have you also considered African countries?
Botswana, Namibia and Angola as regards to your profession?
Like I said, do your research, there could be something for you.

If you feel you have the endurance for an adventure that could be thrilling, stressful, expensive but eventful at the end... research about Fiji, it's a tiny Island in the Pacifics... you could end up in New Zealand depending on the outcome of the adventure, however because of how far these places are, there's a fine chance you may not return to Nigerian soil in a looooooooong while. Lol.

Lastly if people (especially agent's) recommend the gulf region for you I.e Dubai, Qatar, Oman... my brother "Jump and Pass"...

So far, these are the few suggestions I can pop to you, but please, do your research.

Best of luck.

You try my brother. Very detailed.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by BornToSucced(m): 8:27am On Feb 08, 2019
BedLam:
From all I can tell, the OP is not competitive. You are a banker in a 3rd world, teaches English and do marketing and sales. You haven't sold anything that will make our eyes pop out. Chill bro, you aren't competitive and that will decrease your chances of going to a better country.
I know you will think I'm harsh but Germany, and other Western countries are in shortage of high skilled jobs, for instance, data scientists.
Anyone is more likely to employ a South African as an English teacher compared to a Nigerian. That's because they feel their education is better than ours and that's true.
Now you have to up your game, go learn something that will cut you an edge. This might take years and energy but 3 years from now, you will have better chance of getting a good job in any country that you'd want. Think Data science , digital marketing since you said you are a sales person. The world is so open, you can be anything you want to be. If you put your time and effort in it.
I wish you well.

Bro! God bless you wherever you’re.

You don’t know how you have motivated me this morning. Those courses you mentioned above are my preferred courses of study in Germany next year. Thanks man!
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by BedLam: 9:12am On Feb 08, 2019
BornToSucced:

Bro! God bless you wherever you’re.

You don’t know how you have motivated me this morning. Those courses you mentioned above are my preferred courses of study in Germany next year. Thanks man!
You're welcome. Almost forgot this post. Lol
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Mcslize: 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2019
jesuisroya:
Hello house,
Good day everyone in the group.
I wish you all a happy New Year.
My question is: I wish to travel to the US on holidays wiht my family: my husband and 2 kids.
My husband has a bout 1Million naira in his account while I have about 3 million.
We both work, though I earn more. i work in a well known establishment while my husband works for a small time business and earns like 100K per month.
Will it be ok for us to start the visa application process?

Thanks for your kind advice.

Consider Canada. US has no specified migration pathway for immigrants.
Re: A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. by Victoriouss: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Bro, please I would love to get your direct contact if you don’t mind. Thanks
optimusprime2:

No problem bro,
Just know that as far as Europe is concerned;

1- if you do not have strong family ties to an EU citizen I.e father or mother(even siblings don't cut it these days)
2-if you aren't going there for studies(this option is even very limited, because in most EU countries as soon as you finish your program, you are usually ushered out)
3-if your spouse isn't European....
Then no way.
Forget about what people say, There's no way you can immigrate to any European country to live and work... I repeat No other way- currently, the EU is blocked to immigration... ask any body.

Like I said explore South America for opportunities, Costa-Rica is not a bad destination as well, but do your research, see what fits your plan and what you can do.
In addition I could give you some pointers,

depending on your funds, you could try South Korea; apply to a language school/institute, get accepted, visit Korea and see how well you learn Korean, if you get a good hold of Korean language, then there are opportunities that pay well as regards to your profession, otherwise there are industrial blue collar jobs in factories or the manufacturing sector that you could run while as a student. If you are a good budget planner, then you could have some useful savings.

I would have said Turkey, but... I have my reasons about always telling people to think seriously again about Turkey before choosing, however if you can brave it, find a school in Turkey and apply for either a language program (TOMER) or a regular graduate program, obtain a visa and see what Turkey offers, take note; the hussling period in Turkey is always during the summer period which is usually from Jun-September. However with the current strength of the Turkish lira the most you can make a month is barely 500usd, of which you would spend part for upkeep, but the good side of Turkey is the low cost of living generally.

As for China, you have to be business savvy if you want to go to China for husslin, besides China is a society that is not politically correct, I.e you remain second class as long as you are black or African, so certain jobs that you could have easily done (like teaching English) wouldn't be available to you, I have seen Ukrainians with poor English proficiency teach English in China and get paid well, just because they are glowing white with blue eyes... lol! China for you... However if you are physically endowed, muscular, athletic and tall, it could work to your favour as the Chinese believe Blacks are physically gifted ... you could teach sports or physical education in China, so how do you go?
Simple, apply to a language institute in a 1st Tier city in China, get accepted and you could be on your way. However this is a capital intensive plan.

Have you also considered African countries?
Botswana, Namibia and Angola as regards to your profession?
Like I said, do your research, there could be something for you.

If you feel you have the endurance for an adventure that could be thrilling, stressful, expensive but eventful at the end... research about Fiji, it's a tiny Island in the Pacifics... you could end up in New Zealand depending on the outcome of the adventure, however because of how far these places are, there's a fine chance you may not return to Nigerian soil in a looooooooong while. Lol.

Lastly if people (especially agent's) recommend the gulf region for you I.e Dubai, Qatar, Oman... my brother "Jump and Pass"...

So far, these are the few suggestions I can pop to you, but please, do your research.

Best of luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1,000 Nigerians To Be Deported From Austria / Extortion: Protesting Tricycle Operators Ground Commercial Activities In Onitsha / Let's Talk About Hustling Life in France, Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.