Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

How To Remove "Oestrogen" From Soybeans At Home - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Remove "Oestrogen" From Soybeans At Home (707 Views)

Remove Only One From This (pix) / Which Of These 4 Soups Would You Remove Forever? (pictures) / Which Of These 3 Meals Would You Remove Forever? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove "Oestrogen" From Soybeans At Home by ColdHeatt: 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
Soybeans have been touted as a food substance that is very rich in high quality proteins and healthy fats; and as such have been processed into countless types of food and other edible products.
But there is a nag. Soybeans contain substances known as ISOFLAVONES (apologies to biochemists) which are said to closely mimic human oestrogen. It thus understandably interferes with hormonal balance in men and even in women.
So the need exists to find simple means of removing the "oestrogen" at home; so as to get soy products that are largely free from this substance.
My Google search didn't help. I only got "the isoflavones could be removed by washing in alcohol..."
How that would be done was not vouchsafed.
Biochemists and Food Scientists in the house, please help out.
Re: How To Remove "Oestrogen" From Soybeans At Home by pam09(f): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2018
Avoided soya beans in the past because of this but somehow I learnt that fermentation does reduce it to a certain level. Would still like to learn more.
Re: How To Remove "Oestrogen" From Soybeans At Home by ColdHeatt: 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2018
Avoided soya beans in the past because of this but somehow I learnt that fermentation does reduce it to a certain level. Would still like to learn more.

Thanks.
How exactly should it be fermented?

(1) (Reply)

How To Grilled Chicken At Home (best Nigerian Peppered Grilled Chicken Recipe / See 5 Benefits Of Eating Beans That Will Surprise You / Mention That Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Are.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.