Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? (18563 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Tells PDP Not To Challenge Election Results In Court / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by midolian(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything About The Proposed Minimum Wage?

Is it not interesting to see that the only supposed vibrant opposition party, which is always quick to politicize every unfavorable and unfortunate occurrence under Buhari's administration has decided to keep mum over the proposed minimum wage?

I have been expecting Atiku or/and the party "umbrelling" him to release an official statement as usual, to probably encourage Labour to embark on strike if the Federal Government fails to grant its request OR to use this as an opportunity to tutor the FG on what to do in a bid to make it look clueless..

What makes this funny is even the fact that the "Grow Nigeria" crooner who is known for having 'permanent' solution to every problem couldnt help but to beg the FG and Labour to agree on 'something' in order to avert the impending strike..

Could this be because many of the states controlled by the PDP are unable to pay the N18,000 minimum wage, let alone the proposed N30,000?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by Chilavet219(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
What do u want PDP to say...

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
midolian:
Is it not interesting to see that the only supposed vibrant opposition party, which is always quick to politicize every unfavorable and unfortunate occurrence under Buhari's administration has decided to keep mum over the proposed minimum wage?

I have been expecting Atiku or/and the party "umbrelling" him to release an official statement as usual, to probably encourage Labour to embark on strike if the Federal Government fails to grant its request OR to use this as an opportunity to tutor the FG on what to do in a bid to make it look clueless..

What makes this funny is even the fact that the "Grow Nigeria" crooner who is known for having 'permanent' solution to every problem couldnt help but to beg the FG and Labour to agree on 'something' in order to avert the impending strike..

Could this be because many of the states controlled by the PDP are unable to pay the N18,000 minimum wage, let alone the proposed N30,000?

lalasticlala
mynd44
[/s]

Because anyone with at least two brain cells to rub together knows that the NLC excos who I must add here came about in 2014 through the backing of the APC are only doing the bidding of the Buhari govt towards pushing the dialectic of increasing fuel prices(and removing fuel subsidy.

All indicators for next year show a bullish run for oil prices which speculators are saying may surpass $200 per barrel.

The Dutch disease that afflicts Nigeria owing to dependence on fuel imports will see existing subsidy costs to triple and whatever gains from oil price surge wasted to maintain the subsidy regime.

Buhari can not afford to increase prices because he claimed there was no subsidy and since he campaigned on revamping the derelict state owned refineries, he can't explain why we still import fuel despite huge amounts he has wasted on the refineries.

This is why nobody in his right mind takes the labour strike action serious.

The APC state Governors are in on it as well and that is why they are surprisingly willing to increase minimum wage.

You ought to recall that the then Governors forum under GEJ all agreed for fuel subsidy removal for their own selfish reasons towards an increase in state allocations from which they intend to loot.

For all I know, the strike is being coordinated by Adams Oshionole himself.

Get ready to see inflation rate at nearly 500% if Buhari gets elected with the naira crashing further.

This is what HSBC saw in advance and they were Damn right to cash out from this sinking ship.

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
While in 16 years in power they never thought of bringing the national cakes close to the common man nor do they remember the most vulnerable groups in Nigeria just the way APC has done successfully through social investment programmes.They are only restrategizing on mindless looting. However, my grouse with this administration lies on how they are treating the economy disdainfully, condoning impunity, security lapse owing to weak leadership..etc

Infact both Atiku and Buhari have no business in governance

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by thatNUPEboy: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

nice one

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
NyenwePHC:

While in 16 years in power they never thought of bringing the national cakes close to the common man nor do they remember the most vulnerable groups in Nigeria just the way APC has done successfully through social investment programmes.They are only restrategizing on mindless looting. However, my grouse with this administration lies on how they are treating the economy disdainfully, condoning impunity, security lapse owing to weak leadership..etc

Infact both Atiku and Buhari have no business in governance
[/s]

Marxist bullsh!t.

Promise everything only to take everything.

Keep your bullsh!t nanny state to yourself.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by deji68: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
Wetin u want PDP to say again They increased it from 7k to 18k , they have done their bit cool cool

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by kutchs: 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
Atiku is a wise man, he knows anything he says on this issue may be misconstrued as instigating the labor against the govt. He isn't in power yet, wait till he gets there are see what he will say.
BTW, when Jonathan increased minimum wage in 2010/2011, did organized labour suffer this much negotiating? Did organized labour go on strike on the issue?
That the FG and labour are still haggling over a mere 30k for Nigerian workers more than a year after negotiations started shows how irresponsible Buhari's govt is.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by thatNUPEboy: 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
kutchs:
Atiku is a wise man, he knows anything he says on this issue may be misconstrued as instigating the labor against the govt. He isn't in power yet, wait till he gets there are see what he will say.
BTW, when Jonathan increased minimum wage in 2010/2011, did organized labour suffer this much negotiating? Did organized labour go on strike on the issue?
That the FG and labour are still haggling over a mere 30k for Nigerian workers more than a year after negotiations started shows how irresponsible Buhari's govt is.
Man, your memory is not serving you well

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari is know for his Hegelian Dialectics.

We saw this with his Fulani Herdsmen which he unleashed on the MB and south in advance towards ushering in his grazing colonies.

He has come again with this hyperinflation policy in the guise of minimum wage towards increasing fuel pump prices.

As despotic Islamic communist, Buhari and his APC knows that only by deliberate impoverishment of the populace to the point of barely able to feed and fend for themselves will they be able to continue to perpetuate themselves in power at very minimal cost to them. See Northern Nigeria and how the fulani oligarchs deliberately impoverished their people as a means of controlling them. See also Tinubu's SW, with Osun as a case study, on how deliberate impoverishment of the masses allows Tinubu and his rascal band to still have control over the once sensible yoruba.

Hunger denies a man his dignity. This is what the Jewish Bolshevik mafia did to Russia - through a deliberate policy of orchestrating a man made famine, the Marxist first humbled the Russian populace to submission despite promising them a better deal in a utopic equality society.

Fck you APC communist.

I don't need govt handouts. I need govt to take their bloody hands out of my life.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by jumpandpas(m): 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari is a disaster.

11 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by midolian(m): 10:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:
Buhari is know for his Hegelian Dialectics.

We saw this with his Fulani Herdsmen which he unleashed on the MB and south in advance towards ushering in his grazing colonies.

He has come again with this hyperinflation policy in the guise of minimum wage towards increasing fuel pump prices.

As despotic Islamic communist, Buhari and his APC knows that only by deliberate impoverishment of the populace to the point of barely able to feed and fend for themselves will they be able to continue to perpetuate themselves in power at very minimal cost to them. See Northern Nigeria and how the fulani oligarchs deliberately impoverished their people as a means of controlling them. See also Tinubu's SW, with Osun as a case study, on how deliberate impoverishment of the masses allows Tinubu and his rascal band to still have control over the once sensible yoruba.

Hunger denies a man his dignity. This is what the Jewish Bolshevik mafia did to Russia - through a deliberate policy of orchestrating a man made famine, the Marxist first humbled the Russian populace to submission despite promising them a better deal in a utopic equality society.

Fck you APC communist.

I don't need govt handouts. I need govt to take their bloody hands out of my life.
pained IPOBian bigot. You really need help

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Very stupid question

Buhari is currently the President , he should sort himself out on these .

It's 30k or nothing .

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2018
thatNUPEboy:
Man, your memory is not serving you well

Stop pushing your false narrative here.

The labour strike is a govt orchestrated scam.

Labour unions in Nigeria are more corrupt than politicians.

These vagabonds pandering to the plight of workers don't give a sh!t about the average Nigerian worker. They are only after their pockets.

Is it this same NLC that was forming detectives and claiming that Abuja bomb blast in Kuje in 2016 was the handwork of ipob even after BH claimed responsibility?

This NLC is working in tandem with Buhari to further impoverish you.

But by God, it won't happen because Buhari is going back to Duara.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
midolian:
pained IPOBian bigot. You really need help

You are only paid to push opinions of your handlers.

Take your lame attempt at virtue signalling to your impoverished SW.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by midolian(m): 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:

You are only paid to push opinions of your handlers.

Take your lame attempt at virtue signalling to your impoverished SW.

Any opinion contrary to yours has to be sponsored to be posted here. The way you guys reason sometimes is just too pathetic

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
midolian:
Any opinion contrary to yours has to be sponsored to be posted here. The way you guys reason sometimes is just too pathetic

You have no opinion. You are paid to post what your handlers want to push.

That aside, I must remind you that I was trained never to interact with the help.

Now stay off my mentions.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Very stupid question

Buhari is currently the President , he should sort himself out on these .

It's 30k or nothing .

Ask the idiot why NUPENG is going on strike as well.

This strike is geared towards removing fuel subsidy.

They intend to use the increase wage bill and fuel scarcity to force Nigerians to accept an increase in pump prices.

Note that Buhari never actually increased cost of fuel to reflect with the actual landing cost when he increased the pump price from 89 to 145 naira. What he did was just to adjust for the naira devaluation which he caused by maintaining a stupid forex policy that was marred in fraudulent forex racketeering.

With oil prices now surging, they can not afford to continue subsidising the cost of fuel.

The APC Governors are the ones willing to pay the new wage because they are in the know of this scam because it will lead to higher revenue allocations to them.

At the end, Nigerians will be facing at least 500% inflation rate when they perfect their plans.

Think Zimbabwe and Venezuela 10.0 combined.

Buhar and the APCi will not destroy Nigeria with their foolishness and greed.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by midolian(m): 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:

Ask the idiot why NUPENG is going on strike as well.

This strike is geared towards removing fuel subsidy.

They intend to use the increase wage bill and fuel scarcity to force Nigerians to accept an increase in pump prices.

Note that Buhari never actually increased cost of fuel to reflect with the actual landing cost when he increased the pump price from 89 to 145 naira. What he did was just to adjust for the naira devaluation which he caused by maintaining a stupid forex policy that was marred in fraudulent forex racketeering.

With oil prices now surging, they can not afford to continue subsidising the cost of fuel.

The APC Governors are the ones willing to pay the new wage because they are in the know of this scam because it will lead to higher revenue allocations to them.

At the end, Nigerians will be facing at least 500% inflation rate when they perfect their plans.

Think Zimbabwe and Venezuela 10.0 combined.

Buhar and the APCi will not destroy Nigeria with their foolishness and greed.
Your posts are soo dumb I feel like closing this thread grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by TheDevilIsALai: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
midolian:

The only dumb idiot here is you asking dumb questions about what Atiku and the PDP have to say on your Buhari's latest scam dance.

I guess you are smarter than HSBC that decided to pull the plug on Nigeria?

The only advantage of your blissful ignorance is that you assume you know where you are the most rudimentary tool in the box.

It gives me solace because you ignorance will deceive you further and keep you in the poverty class where you belong for the rest of your entire wretched life.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by IBBG(m): 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2018
Are they the ones negotiating. APC always behaving like oppositio party and only knows opposition politics.

7 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
Is it Atiku’s business to find solutions to Buhari’s wahala? undecided

Organize a debate and let the LIFELESS face him.

Shekena! kiss

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by Firefire(m): 4:49am On Nov 06, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:

The only dumb idiot here is you asking dumb questions about what Atiku and the PDP have to say on your Buhari's latest scam dance.

I guess you are smarter than HSBC that decided to pull the plug on Nigeria?

The only advantage of your blissful ignorance is that you assume you know where you are the most rudimentary tool in the box.

It gives me solace because you ignorance will deceive you further and keep you in the poverty class where you belong for the rest of your entire wretched life.

Small small bros.

I completely subscribed to your line of thought.

Buhary & APC will surely fail in their wicked machinations.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by vedaxcool(m): 5:28am On Nov 06, 2018
midolian:

That is the type of post that gaytiku zombies produce when they have ran out of money, rant without reason.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by stev120(m): 5:45am On Nov 06, 2018
30,000 minimum wage will not stop the problem even 50,000..
what this government should do is to create economic policy that will make even 10,000 enough for workers..
shebi you are celebrating 30,000 I swear dey will ask for more later. .
watch and see inflation next Month. .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by Kennedy94(m): 5:55am On Nov 06, 2018
what do you want them to say..we can start from there

3 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by Pekele007: 5:59am On Nov 06, 2018
midolian:

lalasticlala
mynd44

Is Atiku the one in power

Besides, Abia a PDP controlled state promised to pay #42,000 as minimum wage.

PDP increased the minimum wage to 18k.

Now crawl back into your enclave.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by vedaxcool(m): 6:06am On Nov 06, 2018
[s]
Pekele007:

Is Atiku the one in power

Besides, Abia a PDP controlled state promised to pay #42,000 as minimum wage.

PDP increased the minimum wage to 18k.

Now crawl back into your enclave.
[/s]

PDP should ordinarily encourage its controlled states to support a higher minimum wage rather they avoid this because even their states are finding it hard to actually pay salaries.

If it was HSBC leaving Atiku would be shouting like a wounded lion ... Because that is where his interest lies

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? by Pekele007: 6:26am On Nov 06, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

PDP should ordinarily encourage its controlled states to support a higher minimum wage rather they avoid this because even their states are finding it hard to actually pay salaries.

If it was HSBC leaving Atiku would be shouting like a wounded lion ... Because that is where his interest lies
Their states like Gandollar Kano.

Do you even think before typing

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP: None Of Our Governors Will Join APC / Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? / PDP Reps Uncover Security Forces’ Plots To Invade NASS, Aid Leadership Ouster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.