Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

#NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / #NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) (39086 Views)

"RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post / See Reactions After Soldier Experiencd This While Posing With Female Corp Member / Elderly Grandfather Rocks NYSC Outfit With His Walking Stick.See Reactions(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: #NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) by biggieoflife: 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Since you feel like asking shallow questions I will teach you wisdom. Even when fuel was 65/L people still complained of the harsh economy. We were able to make 9,500 work by augmenting our incomes with our PPA salaries and cutting costs. Your generation want to live like kings on your 19,800 allawee, forgetting that the one year programme is for training you on the realities of life.

it's not ok to dismiss the agitations of this 'generation' of corpers as mere desire to live like a king on 19,800. there are many realities of today's NYSC that you may not be able to relate with.

To start with, most corpers spend fortunes on relocation for fear (theirs and their parent's fear) of being posted to any of the crisis areas in the country. Then they have to get their own accommodation because most PPAs no longer provide one for their corpers.

My parents confirmed that these issues were not a problem when they were serving..so they were more willing to help me augment the 19,800 during my service year.

Not everyone wants to live like a king on allowee. the truth is that 19800 is clearly a joke given today's realities

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corps Member Slumps And Dies In Nasarawa (Photos) / Corps Member Who Births Quadruplets While Serving, Seeks Allowance For Five / POP Date For This Current Batch B Corp Members..........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.