Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe (20261 Views)

Aerial View Of The Nigeria Military Formation On Duty- Photo / Travellers Stranded On Maiduguri-Damaturu Highway As Boko Haram Attacks Military / Boko Haram Attacks Military Convoy At Azare-Kamuya, Carts Away Cash, Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by nwakibie3(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2018
Six soldiers were reported killed on Thursday last week by suspected Boko Haram insurgents at Azare village in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State, DAILY POST reports.

According to a reliable source who pleaded anonymity, the attack on the troops followed the arrest of three suspected Boko Haram terrorists who went to the village to charge their mobile phones by the troops of 27 Task Force Brigade stationed in the village.

“Three suspected insurgents came to Azare village to charge their cell phones and the dwellers informed the soldiers stationed in the village and they were arrested.

”Later in the day, the terrorists mobilized and attacked the troops thereby killing six soldiers and carted their rifles”. The source revealed.

The source noted that, troops and members of vigilante group quickly mobilized and trailed the attackers and succeeded in locating the terrorists’ camp, hence neutralized the inhabitants of the camp and destroyed their hideouts.

The incident has now led to a temporary closure of Buni-Yadi- Magza-Biu road.

However, when contacted via mobile phone, the spokesman of the 27 Task Force Brigade, Buni Yadi, Major Alimi has denied the report, saying that there was no attack on the troops.

He said, “There was nothing like an attack on the troops, maybe somebody is misleading you. As I am talking to you right now, I am in Buni Yadi.

“Had it being there was something like that, I would have confirmed to you,” Major Alimi added.

Meanwhile, an officer with the brigade who pleaded anonymity has lamented the killing of many soldiers in the North East by Boko Haram. He said, ” We are fighting a battle that will never end, a dangerous battle. They always come heavy on us. We are trying, but we are losing more soldiers. I have lost a number of my colleagues and friends in a few days.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/11/06/six-soldiers-reportedly-killed-boko-haram-attack-military-formation-yobe/

1 Like

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Fredmatic(m): 11:14am On Nov 06, 2018
Na wa oo war without end

27 Likes

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by nzeobi(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2018
another way of commiting sucide this days is by joining the NA.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by fukushaki(m): 11:36am On Nov 06, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by zombieTRACKER: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2018
Insecurity everywhere

Poverty on the rise

Death everywhere

Buhari legacies

2015: vote for me.. I'm a general.. I will lead from the front

2018:fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by author1(m): 11:43am On Nov 06, 2018
but wait o. did u guys tink buhari is progressing in the area of security?. haa. oga o

10 Likes

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Zane2point4(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
No training

No logistic

No surveillance

Only trained to use outdated Aks not standard state of the art gadgets..

Lack manners and motivation,

Moral always low

Unless all these points are treated all these preventable deaths will occur anytime..

God forbid we fight a major war blw egypt or Tunisia.
Our armed forces will be decimated and aso rock captured within 2days.

Rip soldiers.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Sholaco: 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
fukushaki:
grin
u r d next in line to die so far u derived pleasure in seen people died
Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by NORSIYK(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
Only six? Hope they are fulani Muslims soldiers

10 Likes

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Richdad50(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2018
war
Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by jumpandpas(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2018
author1:
but wait o. did u guys tink buhari is progressing in the area of security?. haa. oga o
Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by hopevalley: 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
This is total wickedness. Click on the link on my signature if you are interested in making millions of naira via agricultural products export.
Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Yewandequeen(f): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
Rip heroes
Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by deepwater(f): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
KAI

The shiites may be right afterall, if they are armed the Nigerian Army would be a childs play.

How do a group attack a military base on home soil and wreck much damage as this?

Not once, not twice..........like it is in the constitution undecided

kolaish:
It is unfortunate that you just sit relax peacefully in your sitting room to castigate soldiers who are trying their best to defend the integrity of the country. I once asked an old secondary school mate of mine who is a general why the insurgents are always killing nigerian army. What he told me is pathetic. Summary of it is that the insurgents will first of all find out how many nigerian army soldiers are in a particular place before they attack enmasse. For example, where there is 20 nigerian army, they will come in the middle of the night with more than 200 men on machines and heavy weapons to attack from all sides. So, tell me how you want 20 soldiers to fight 200 insurgents and kill them (even american army cannot fight this kind of war because I have seen how americans were also killed in afghanistan, iraq etc).

Another one is that the government is still not equiping the army well with sophisticated weapon. Since buhari came into power, please find out how many sophisticated weapon (like helicopter gunships for air support) he has bought for the army

If you are still in doubt, you can go and join the army to defend the country.

You and your general friend dont know anything.

Your soldiers will stand like mumu and terrorist will come in the day to count them, then return to kill them in the night with Big guns grin Wonderfullllll!

Go and watch the invasion of the GIWA barracks, it was torn to shred in koro koro daylight.

kolaish:
So, tell me how you want 20 soldiers to fight 200 insurgents and kill them .
you tell me why they would send only 20 soldiers there and deployed 30,000 operatives, two helicopters and 250 patrol vehicles, including five Armoured Personnel Carriers, for the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State. grin

kolaish:
If you are still in doubt, you can go and join the army to defend the country.
which country? you, your general friend and buhari sons should goan fight. Them dey forbid tinubu pikin to carry gun?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Otunski: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
But lie Mohammed said Boko Haram have been degraded and can no longer attack any village talk less of a Military base. The Government is on lie support, without lies they can't survive one day.

21 Likes

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by NnamdiKanu(m): 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nigerian Army are weak as fxvk, they only display their weak muscles at innocent harmless civilians... Ndi apari... Thanks you Bokoharam cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
But they were forming rambo when faced with women and children, even shot some in the back "execution style". They were flexing muscle and saying the shites deserved to be massarced, even quoting Donald Trump. So they want us to cry for them,No way Jose

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by Xkalaban(m): 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
No they should come and do more python dancing. Misplaced priorities..... undecided

11 Likes

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by myettiallah: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lool...
Dis one na Operation python run!!!
Cowards, walahi!

13 Likes

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by myettiallah: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
Etu
Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by googlepikins: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nigerian Army are cowards who only have power when they see an unarmed civilian.

Nice one Boko Haram more grease to your elbow. Fire on

3 Likes

Re: Six Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Yobe by cooltola(m): 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nigeria army is in the wrong hands, we need the army to protect the country internally and externally. unfortunately many in the military have become the abuser of human rights due to poor leadership, poverty and corruption by top military figures, so the public do not really feel empathy for them. Some terrorists see the military as way to train for ISIS or boko haram, so they do know how the military operate. A proper screening will prevent future terrorists from joining army. Then weapons are often smuggled by external forces because the Nigeria and chad border is very porous to enter, even a goat can enter without problem. The weapon unfortunately get into the wrong hands and the vicious cycle begins. If the military are poorly equipped and trained , they will have defeated boko haram long time ago.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amina Zakari’s Family Speaks On Ties To Buhari’s Sister - The Cable / 70 Christians Massacred In Plateau / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.