Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni (11968 Views)

Yoweri Museveni Declared Winner Of Ugandan 2021 Election (Sixth Term) / President Yoweri Museveni Doing Push-up And Jogging In Office (Video) / Your Mouth Is Meant For Eating, Not MouthAction – Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by GistMore: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2018
Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni came under fire Monday for saying he had not stepped into the kitchen since he got married, and that he believes that other men shouldn’t cook as well as it’s not a man’s role to do so.

“The head of the home never goes into the kitchen. It is now 45 years with Mama Janet, I have never stepped into the kitchen. That is how it should be,” he said on Sunday in a statement, as an example of how politicians and civil servants should stick to prescribed roles.

Oxfam’s International Executive Director, Winnie Byanyima, hit back at the 74-year-old president on Twitter, saying she was “disappointed”.

“Cooking isn’t a woman’s job. It’s a life skill. All people – men and women should cook,” she wrote.

“When cooking, cleaning and doing other domestic chores are left to women, they are denied an equal chance to raise incomes or to be politically active.”

Beatrice Alaso from the opposition Forum For Democratic Change told AFP:

“Museveni has revealed to the world what he has always believed in: that women can never be the same as their male counterparts.”

Online news website Watchdog Uganda however defended Museveni’s comments as consistent with the country’s culture which sees men cooking as “taboo”, saying some ethnic groups in the country have a word referring to men who cook as a “transvestite or a man dressing and behaving like a woman so men shouldn’t cook.”

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/men-shouldnt-cook-uganda-president-yoweri-museveni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by GistMore: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2018
sad
Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2018
Really? undecided

What should bachelors do?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by KingTom(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Mama Janet grin let's not look at it from a feminist point of view. Let's instead celebrate 45 years of marriage between Mama Janet and Yow baba grin

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Qsscruz(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
In as much as am of the opinion that cooking isnt solely a woman's responsibilty, it should be noted that women are best suited for some of these works..If a woman is hell bent that her man should join her in the kitchen and as well engage in all house chores, i hope she has no qulams washing the car, mawning the lawn and other percieved manly works..They want equall opportunity and lesser responsiblity.. As a woman, before you beg to differ, i want you to ask a man out, get rejected, try again, propose and pay the groom price..Then i will know you have arrived..

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by hensben(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
I cook and don’t see any thing wrong doing it.

10 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by iamJ(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Feminist wouldn't like this

Fact is a man can choose to run his house how he pleases

Those monkeys mocking him, will happily marry him, if given the chance

My regards to mama janet lmao

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by BadiratT: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
Aiit
Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Richdad50(m): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
volatile topics can only bring more division and no conclusion. Show me the president who said this and i will tell you the feel of the country, the level of poverty.

4 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by eyinjuege: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
pp802:
Really? undecided

Stay hungry of course or go and marry.... cheesy
The African life. You just gotta love it.
Anyway, every mallam with his own kettle.

8 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
I enjoy cooking my meals as a guy and men should help in cooking if they can. But the woman should not take undue advantage and pin it on the man like it is his responsibility.

By the way...do you know that the best cooks on earth are MEN?

Almost all the top rated 5 star hotels have men as their chef and most food shows on tv are aired with men being behind the culinary.

8 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by GOFRONT(m): 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin

Mr president wan shake table abi??

1 Like

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Gboy98(m): 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
i no support d motion me wen no kon sabi cook wetin i gain.
Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Halib(m): 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
ipob won't like dis

1 Like

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Lizilicious(f): 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
So my dad that loved cooking before he died was stupid abi?

Wether my husband cooks or not, e no concern me..; my hand no break...

Rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by enemyofprogress: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
Men shouldn't eat

4 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
shocked shocked

Like Buhari , like Yoweri...

Two mad men who became president of their unfortunate countries by mistake

1 Like

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by obidid: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
lazy men talk that wa

1 Like

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by annnikky(f): 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
There are some men that cook more than women so i give kudos to them not this man thats blabbing rubbish undecided to him a woman's life only end in the kitchen undecided thats remind me of what the dullard said that his wife belong to the kitchen and za oza room.

2 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by MARKone(m): 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
This one na Maninist

1 Like

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by enemyofprogress: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lizilicious:
So my dad that loved cooking before he died was stupid abi?

Wether my husband cooks or not, e no concern me..; my hand no break...

Rubbish
what are those two things on your chest? Are they pawpaws or watermelons?
Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
he's right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by enemyofprogress: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
annnikky:
There are some men that cook more than women so give kudos to them not this man thats blabbing rubbish undecided to him a woman's life only end in the kitchen
are you coming?
Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
pp802:
Really? undecided

Eat grass grin
Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by mendoza32: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
what do you expect from ugandan?

2 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by BruncleZuma: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by kamez(m): 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
that's his opinion and he is entitled to it..

as for me, I love cooking, I love cleaning, so any woman i marry must share that kitchen with me.... because I cannot come and allow all the cooking skills I have acquired over the years to just waste like that just because of marriage....

I Don dey sing am now incase my future wife is reading this.. na me and u get our kitchen O!!

5 Likes

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by tokrizy: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
pp802:
Really? undecided
Is Uganda a country?

1 Like

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by Maket: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
I am cooking right now. Come and stop me.

1 Like

Re: Men Shouldn’t Cook – Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni by eleojo23: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2018
So if hunger dey wire me, make I no cook?

Smh..

I cook. No time .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tuggar To Israel: 'Palestine Deserves To Exist As An Independent Nation' / Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From Working In National & International NGOs / The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.