Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Buying U.S Auction Cars From Nigeria: How Can I Be Sure Of What I’m Buying? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Buying U.S Auction Cars From Nigeria: How Can I Be Sure Of What I’m Buying? (495 Views)

BUYER TIPS: The Total Cost Of Buying A Car From A U.S. Auction / The Total Cost Of Buying A Car From A U.S. Auction / Buying US Auction Cars From Nigeria: How Can I Be Sure Of What I’m Buying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying U.S Auction Cars From Nigeria: How Can I Be Sure Of What I’m Buying? by aamadmin: 11:51am On Nov 06, 2018
So you want to buy a car and are considering U.S auctions but not sure… read through thus guide for help you.

The possibility of saving hundreds of thousands or even millions is making Nigerian car lovers shifting to online and U.S. based auctions to source their cars. Shady dealers who may sell you a flooded car with electrical issues are also not helping and you would be lucky if you don’t end up buying a stolen car with Fake VIN all to maximise their profit.

You are not alone in option for U.S auction cars as many Nigerians are rapidly developing a preference for buying directly from US auto auction sites from Nigeria.

- Auction Image

But before you start buying, bidding or attending live online auctions, how can you be sure of the condition of the car you are about to pay for? What assurance do you have about the condition of the car?

How Can I Be Sure of What I’m Buying?
The car inventory of most online auction platforms comes with as much information about the status of the car, mileage, and condition. There are also pictures to provide as many views of the car including the interior and the engine compartments. To provide an extra level of detail, cars in the online inventory as with other auction sites come with titles such as clean, clear and salvage to provide some information about the general condition of the car.

I Don’t Know The Statuses You’re Talking About?
With online and offline auctions, you have the option of buying either clean, salvaged or rebuilt cars. Clean cars are used cars with little or no damage. If damaged, there are usually minor dents and scratches. Salvaged cars, on the other hand, are cars that have been in an accident and have incurred some significant level of damages that though are repairable, the insurance auction or company has deemed it too expensive to fix. However, it is important to note that auction cars are sold on an “as is, where is” condition with no guarantees.

However, this does not apply to Nigeria because the cost of labour and parts is significantly lower than in the US. Rebuilt cars are cars that have had their damages fixed. The thing is, if you’re buying a salvaged vehicle, then there’s the possibility that your car will be in either of these conditions:

1. Vehicle Starts
When the status of the car you want to buy states “Vehicle Starts”, it means that as at the time of arrival of the vehicle to the auction company, the vehicle started with or without a jump and was able to run on idle.

2. Starts and Moves
This means that when the vehicle arrived at the clearing house it could start with or without a jump, it could be put into gear and could move forward under its own power.

3. Doesn’t start at all
This means that the car did not start as at the time it was brought to the auction lot.

If you are still skeptical, you have the option to go further and make use of car inspection services.

Car Inspection and Inspection Opportunities.
The auto auction companies can only give you so much information about the said vehicle. As an extra layer of certainty, you may carry out an independent inspection of the vehicle before going through with the auction. To do this, you will either have to personally inspect the car, ask a friend to, or hire a car inspection company to carry out the inspection.

Pros and Cons of Inspection by Family or Friends.
Pros
First of all, they are closer and will be there in time for inspection before the auction is completed.
Your family members or friends will be utterly honest about the status of the vehicle
Since they’re there, a physical inspection will be carried out on zero cost.
Cons
Your friend or brother might not know enough about cars to revert on the actual status of the car.

Pros and Cons of Inspection By A Car Inspection Company.
Pros
You get a professional auto mechanic from the car inspection company to advise you.
You’d be given a comprehensive report on all parts and components of the vehicle that was checked.
Some companies extend their services to purchasing and shipping.
Cons
It comes at a cost.

A simple google search will bring really great suggestions of car Inspection services You Might Want To Try. Having someone in the US to carry out your car inspection is okay, but hiring a car inspection company is safer. IThere are also countless other inspection services that may cost more or less depending on the level of inspection they propose to carry out. A simple Google search will bring them up. Whichever option you settle for, these car inspection services are the final and most trusted way to get final assurance about your prospective car purchase if the conditions and images provided on Auto Auction Mall car inventory doesn’t cut it for you.

Re: Buying U.S Auction Cars From Nigeria: How Can I Be Sure Of What I’m Buying? by aamadmin: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
obimendex:
when can we stop this autioning and after used cars in our country pls

It's actually not abnormal or peculiar to Nigeria only. It happens all over the world, very well in the US, and is the norm. As we have used car dealers, we also have brand new car dealers. At the end of the day, it is up to you and what you'd prefer.

But there's absolutely nothing wrong with buying a used car especially if you've got other cash intensive projects. For example, building a house, paying your kid's fees.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying U.S Auction Cars From Nigeria: How Can I Be Sure Of What I’m Buying? by CarGuideNG: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
aamadmin:

How Can I Be Sure of What I’m Buying?

The car inventory of most online auction platforms comes with as much information about the status of the car, mileage, and condition. There are also pictures to provide as many views of the car including the interior and the engine compartments. To provide an extra level of detail, cars in the online inventory as with other auction sites come with titles such as clean, clear and salvage to provide some information about the general condition of the car.

An additional and necessary step while researching a vehicle to bid on at auction is a Vehicle History Report, usually from AutoCheck or CarFax.

Sometimes the pictures at auction do not tell the whole story of the vehicle, which could be hiding dangerous damage but appear to be in good condition.

CarGuideNG provides Vehicle History Reports at less cost and rapid delivery time than other vehicle history platforms.

Get in touch with CarGuideNG today for your Vehicle History Reports.

Message CarGuideNG
Re: Buying U.S Auction Cars From Nigeria: How Can I Be Sure Of What I’m Buying? by computerglobal(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence by running a Vin check report.Check the title status, previous odometer readings,flood,airbag deployment,stolen,hail,biohazard and more

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Sports @1.3m / #############clean Mint 3units Of Mercedes Benz Cla250.........price 9.8m Neg / Mercedes Benz E350 2010 Coupe Clean Used....4.85m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.