Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,972 members, 7,799,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) (49834 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa. AWCON 2022:(1 - 2) On 4th July 2022 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by mexzony: 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
All I saw was long balls. The super falcons have always been a ball playing team.this team is so annoying.no tactics at all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by klexycole(m): 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
grazman:
The problem of this team is that the Igbo girls are damn too much

Nnamdi KANU as paid them to sabotage nigeria cry

You seriously have a problem. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by MduZA: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sharpa Banyana Banyana Sharpaaaaaaaa grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by klexycole(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ekaka1:

Make una dey there dey concur for your na sef upandan , dem don dey play us half field cheesy

Dem don win us. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Like I said, I blame the NFF. It's like they forgot that the Super Falcons existed after they won the cup in Cameroon.

They frustrated the coach out of the job, we had no friendlies or training sessions and all the while teams like South Africa and Ghana were playing all over the world.

I complained on Nairaland a few months ago and someone said, "It doesn't matter. We'll still win anyway". Well, see what has happened.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by oshe111(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
The Super falcons we are used to dominates games like 11-0, 10-1, 7-0 etc

This is Women African Nations cup not even world cup ooo

Chaiiiiii

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
babytoun:

Abeg keep quiet ...won which cup ...I was on the stadium to watch Cameroon yesterday ...they are the team to beat
Sir, you go back to school and stop expressing your IGNORANCE and ILLITRACY shamelessly here.
Ok , I spare you, I give you a second chance to read my post again with a dictionary and come back with an apology.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
This girls son dey do too much chukuma them no fit play ball again
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Danelo(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
argon500:
The coach should have paired Oshoala and Rashida in front.

Imagine beating us first time out of 11 matches.

Our girls really tried but to be honest Bayana Bayana are also a good team.

Hope the coach would make an adjustments in the second game.
which coach?
Sey that albino?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
klexycole:

Dem don win us. grin
My broda no mind dem, I no their moniker...all of dem don go hide cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by ghuzy01: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
We will still win this tournament...mark this page
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
I wrote this in September 2017.

naptu2:

grin grin grin

When we end up playing qualifiers against (better prepared) teams like South Africa and Ghana and end up losing to them, I bet you guys will blame the players and coaches.

How anyone can be against regular friendlies and training sessions is beyond me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by babytoun: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
argon500:
The coach should have paired Oshoala and Rashida in front.

Imagine beating us first time out of 11 matches.

Our girls really tried but to be honest Bayana Bayana are also a good team.

Hope the coach would make an adjustments in the second game.

Our girls did not try anything . The pitch does not allow the ball to flow well so why adopt a useless passing strategy that you can't string 4 passes together ....secondly SA girls won all the second balls which shows the degree of hunger

Overall the coach was useless ...Desire oparanozie is too sluggish why leave her in the game for 90 minutes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
4koff:

What do u expect. Because of age now.
Do you watch the game. The tactics made asisat and ajibade look stupid on field. You played long balls in the first half which didn't work and you still continue with it in the second half. The coach is dump

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by humberjade: 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
dafuturis:

No, The useless coach did

To me, d coach is wack...he just came to eat out of our oil money...i don't know where Amaju Pinnick got him from... grin

But if Oparanizie had scored that 1st half sitter, it would have afforded our strikers some space to hurt d South Africans on d counter...even our crosses were poor...our worst performance by a mile at d any AWCON...so so pathetic!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by trappatoni(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
I've never seen Super Falcons play like this before. Long balls no tatics, I remember Rita Nwadike, Stella Mbachu, Perpetua Nkwocha, running rings around defence like Roberto Baggio and El Fenomeno. I pray they go back to the drawing board and start playing. That defender that allowed that South African striker to score should be given a stern warning, she didnt close her up in time even before that goal there was side netting from the same combination of play from our opponents. Sad day for female football.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by 4koff: 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
yusuftaiwo2015:

Do you watch the game. The tactics made asisat and ajibade look stupid on field. You played long balls in the first half which didn't work and you still continue with it in the second half. The coach is dump
They are old. The only way to remedy the situation is to play long balls.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by AngryPreston52: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by humberjade: 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
gbosaa:

Age isn’t the issue here, they are fit but the Swedish coach hasn’t been able to build in their strengths. His tactics are not working for Nigeria.

He seem not to understand African female football.

Our crosses were poor...no linkup play...tragic!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
trappatoni:
I've never seen Super Falcons play like this before. Long balls no tatics, I remember Rita Nwadike, Stella Mbachu, Perpetua Nkwocha, running rings around defence like Roberto Baggio and El Fenomeno. I pray they go back to the drawing board and start playing. That defender that allowed that South African striker to score should be given a stern warning, she didnt close her up in time even before that goal there was side netting from the same combination of play from our opponents. Sad day for female football.
roberto baggio?? Huh??did our women ever played against italian male team?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Samunique(m): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
khunz:
The outcome reflects the game.I don't think we had a shot on target.
No sir, zero shot on target undecided

This is the worst super falcon match I've ever watch.

That white guy of a coach is a scam !!!

Even our local coaches have never preformed so poorly like this !

No shot on target for 90+ mins

This is terrible undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Austinoiz(m): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
grazman:
The problem of this team is that the Igbo girls are damn too much

Nnamdi KANU as paid them to sabotage nigeria cry
Your case is irredeemable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by swedbase(m): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
Stupid coach with stupid tactics and too many tired legs in the team. Idiotic Nff. Why white coach?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by BluntBoy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
That South African goalie is a beauty to behold.

I will be following Bayana Bayana all because of her.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by joxxy01(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
That coach na white monkey

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by mablie(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
naptu2:
I wrote this in September 2017.

Female football in Nigeria is sadly dying.We didn't even qualify for the ongoing U-17 Women world cup in Uruguay.Something unheard of for Nigeria less than 5years ago

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Remix10(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
I will blame buhari, he is the harbinger of bad luck smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by babytoun: 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ekaka1:

Sir, you go back to school and stop expressing your IGNORANCE and ILLITRACY shamelessly here.
Ok , I spare you, I give you a second chance to read my post again with a dictionary and come back with an apology.

No vex na frustration make me no read your comment well .

Imaging me facing my Ghanaian colleagues on Monday after this our shambolic display ....I was in the stadium to watch the 2 matches yesterday and was telling them that with what their girls played them go chop 3 from 9ja ...I no know say na useless coiach we get ...

No vex ...but no threaten me next t time o...I no dey fear fight o and I fit go school pass you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by trappatoni(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
GBOKASINCHA:
roberto baggio?? Huh??did our women ever played against italian male team?
I was talking about how skillful they are with the ball at their feet. They put the ball on the ground and play, you should have understood that if you know anything about football.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Austinoiz(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Our girls were LIFELESS like Jubrin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by LWFashion(f): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
klexycole:
Match ended. SA picks up the 3 points.

First SA win over the Super Falcons.

This is a very disappointing match.
Would you take up the job?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by spiralwedge(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
babytoun:

Abeg keep quiet ...won which cup ...I was on the stadium to watch Cameroon yesterday ...they are the team to beat

You need to retake your WAEC English abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Enjoys A Stroll With His Russian Partner And Their cute Twin Daughters / Godwin Obaje Joins Ifeanyi Uba FC, Becomes Highest Paid Player In NPFL / Enyimba FC Dressing Room, Enyimba Stadium Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.